Start by marking “Muscle Memory” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  955 Ratings  ·  269 Reviews
Her lips, the way she feels, how she moves against me. Her voice when she laughs, her eyes when she cries. Her soul connected to mine, for better or for worse, for all eternity.

I don't remember.

A blank face. Unrecognizable. The darkness and impenetrable fog, day after day after day. Who am I? And for that matter, who is she?

I can't remember.

Two sides to the same coin – one
ebook
Published August 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Muscle Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muscle Memory

Bibi
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I'm content.

Muscle Memory was exactly what my book-soul needed.

Also, I must say that Ms Fantome is truly gifted. From romantic comedy to suspense to dark erotica....she writes all sub-genres with heart, soul, and a hefty dose of talent.

If there's one advice I'd give those that are yet to read this book, it would be to not give up on it.

Admittedly the main themes are heavy and difficult to navigate but eventually it all comes together beautifully.

Amnesia, drug use, love triangle....all done
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Untitled

page_divider
4_STARS

MUSCLE MEMORY: is a standalone contemporary romance novel by Sylo Fantome.

Imagine waking up with no memory, this is what happened to John Doe case number 438643 that’s who we know him by, a man with no name, no recollection of how he turned up at the hospital, or anything of his past life, a blank slate, he remembers nothing!!

Does he have any family? Is anyone missing him? Why has noone come forward?

All he knows is what the hospital staff have told him since he arrived. A fractured skull
warhawke
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Jon Doherty woke up in a hospital completely unaware of who he was and how he got there. With no identity and memory of his past, his future hung in a balance. But just as he started to rebuild his life, the past came crashing in sending him back into the unknown.

I love books that I could put myself into and made me think what I would do/feel if it happened to me. This book is one of them.

It was like he'd been eating ice cream
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

877b936304dd444071193188f77fbd

This author. This book. These character. This title. This story is a testament of what it truly means to feel. To get completely lost and swept away in an utterly raw and visceral story of life, emptiness, and love. A literary masterpiece where you as a reader are asked to go along a journey of a man’s quest in filling the blank spaces as he discovers or tries to remember who he was.

2c9f8c7c4e90b8e19c95d044bcbaf4If she couldn't be the love of his life anymore, she wou
Natalie The Biblioholic
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2wLWp1n

I swear, Stylo Fantôme must sit at her computer thinking up ways to mess with our minds, emotions and souls. This story quite literally had me messed up!

Imagine falling in love.
I mean that all-encompassing, all-consuming, can’t-live-without-out-you kind of love with someone.
Where there is no beginning or end of you.
Where your breath is their oxygen.
You can’t envision or dream up a life without your person.
That’s what Delaney and Jayson shared.
Now imagine tha
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Can you imagine having the type of love that makes your whole body come alive by just being in the presence of that person and then one day you wake up and you don’t know who you are? No memory of a past life that was filled with hardships and struggle, but one of the best loves anyone could ever hope for. Your reason for existing is only for that person, and your heart beating as one, is as naturally as breathing. So with a love like that, can you imagine not having it anymore?

“We’re two
Paige
Real love. Real romance. Real heartbreak.

One of the best books I've read this year.

What happens when you don't know anything that came before? What happens if you don't remember the most important person in your life? What if you want to remember but don't like what you're finding out? What if you're all alone in this new life and nothing makes sense expect this feeling you can't place and don't even know if you really want to?

This story is one of true love. It's painful. It's hopeful. It's tr
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This was a good read with just enough angst, heartbreak, and love!

"I don't remember her, but I know her."

"In love we trust"
Alex ♈
Shabby  BookBistroBlog
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can I i even start to make sense or describe this story .
The blurb didnt say much , so i just went in blind. The Best decision ever ! Cause i was surprised and elated then heartbroken, then hopeful and then blissed at all the turns this story meanders through.
I'm just numb from crying so hard. My heart is aching like a pulled muscle . It's full of all the feels in CAPS, they crawl all over your body and penetrate the soul. The heart trembles with emotions and when it runneth over, they will
CC
description

Suffering from amnesia due to head trauma, he awakens in a hospital without any links to his identity except for the clothes on his back and the drugs that were found in his bloodstream. Conveniently called John Doe, he slowly begins to carve out his own rebirth as Jon Doherty but starting over has a disadvantage since he can’t work without real identification. However, it's the second chance he desperately needed.

“It will be scary, but it’s got to be better that whatever I was doing before.”
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆☆4.5 Stars☆☆
I hate memory loss stories. For some reason, I stay away from them like they're the plague. Until awhile ago when I met a real life 50 First Dates couple. The wife loses her memory every 24 hours...no joke. Her husband, just like what Adam Sandler does for Drew Barrymore, plays a video every morning for her to watch. They have four kids and they were high school sweethearts. I asked her husband how in the world does he handle that? He said it's hard, not only does she have to get us
Bev
Jon pulled at my heartstrings right from the very beginning when he wakes up from a coma and discovers he has amnesia. The author kept it very real, I totally got his coonfusion, fear, anxiety, anger, frustration. This was done so damn well.

What I struggled with was the flashbacks, not because I'm usually not a huge fan but because I was given a very in depth look at his life with Delaney prior to his accident, with detailed, prolific drug use. That right there is a hard limit for me, I really
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: Stylo Fantome
5 Stars

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Just finished this story and I am left with a feeling of what can I possibly read next to cure me from this hangover!! From the first chapter, till the last page…I read non stop… because this story pulls you in and leaves you wanting more, needing more, unable to take a break and come back for more!!! Muscle Memory is just that Fantastic!!!

Jayson and Del are two peas in a pod. They are like peanut butter and jelly. They go together, they fit t
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

"Blue means love ..."

A couple of things had me apprehensive about reading this book:

#1) This is my second Stylo Fantome book and while I enjoyed the first one, I'm always a little hesitant - worried if it will be as good as the first one!

#2) the blurb worried me especially the part about him possibly not remembering the girl he loved and that he might never remember her. This could go good or bad.

#3) I had heard they were addicts and homeless and that always sounds depressing. Wasn
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, emotional, deep, epic, angsty, beta
5 "InLoveWeTrust" Stars

This is a story of the mind forgetting but the heart remembering . It's a feeling, deep in your gut, that claws its way into your soul making war with the mind. Waking up and remembering nothing.......not your name, not where you are from, nothing that gives you a sense of who you where prior to waking up in a hospital........Amnesia......and it's not kind.

A beautiful story told in present and "before" tense. John Doe wakes up with no memory and this is his story of trying
Nicola
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Trope I’m not fond of: amnesia.
Trope this book contains: amnesia.

Yes, you may stare at me like that. I deserve it. It’s a bit like me going to the shop, buying myself a bag of carrots and cooking a huge pile to eat. I don’t like carrots. But the cover was so pretty and I didn’t read the blurb…I have no other excuse.

“I have no identity. No social security card, and no possibility of getting a new one, which means no job. I have no name, no birth certificate, no credit score, no references?”

I
Dee Montoya
FIVE EXHILARATING STARS*****

In love we trust. What a beautiful and powerful phrase, and the heart of this entire story.

This is the story of a man who wakes up in the hospital with absolutely no memory of who he is. The only thing he knows is that he just woke up and is recovering from a nearly fatal accident. No name, no family, no identity. He tries every day to remember his past, the only pieces of information he has are based on his clothing, appearance and medical history, and those don't g
Loyda
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

5★★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  Third Person

teaser 1

Jon Doherty's life has turned out a complete blur.  He wakes up in a hospital with amnesia; after a terrible night he found himself not knowing who he was and what he did in the past. Jon found himself in a totally new life; he decided to make the best out of it by getting a job and making something for himself.

When Jon was finally getting himself in a routine; he meets someone that recognized him and now he is more
Ratula
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes I know I'm incredibly close to this project but in all honesty this book secured a place in my heart forever. It is so goddamn real, honest and emotional and just perfect. Stylo Fantome made me weep at parts. Your reactions will be visceral and at times you will want to reach inside this book to grab and hug these characters.

Stylo did the damn thing and you won't ever be the same. Her talent is immeasurable and we are all the unworthy benefactors of it.

*Full Review to come closer to release
Shayna
Wow! Just WOW! Stylo Fantôme's work was already INCREDIBLE, but with Muscle Memory, she took her writing to the NEXT LEVEL! Every single thing about this book screams BESTSELLER - from the characters, to the plot, to the writing, to the unbreakable HOLD this had on me, this author will definitely TURN SOME HEADS with this latest release, I guarantee it!

MUSCLE MEMORY is a unique and heart wrenching love story that had me on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE way through. It's unlike anything I've eve
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I don't know her, but she's in my blood and in my bones and in my body. I wake up reaching for her, but can't remember her ever being there. I turn around to look for her, then realize she was never with me. She's my ghost, she haunts me. I don't remember her, but I know her.”

Leaving is always harder for those left behind, but what if a person we never thought we’d see again suddenly comes back—the same person we once loved and lost—but with not a single memory of us? Would we love them sti
EscapeNBooks
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Muscle Memory by Author Stylo Fantôme is a standalone novel.

“We're two parts of a whole, always making up for the other one. We couldn't survive without each other.”

Oh my gosh! I ALWAYS anticipate new novels from this author. This is like a double-edge sword for a reader. The anticipation level at an all-time high, I took a deep breath and tried to dispel the nerve-racking pre-read jitters. After reading the first chapter I had to ask myself the question, "Why?" Why was I so concerned that I ma
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

“I’m glad I forgot us.”

Wow -without question- this is one of THE BEST books we’ve read in this -amnesia second chance romance- theme. It could’ve been full of clichés or over the top drama, but it really wasn’t. It was perfection! It was beautiful. It was heart-breakingly intense. It was incredibly romantic. It showed that no matter your past, you have the ability to change your life, deserving a second stab at it without judgement, sometimes what makes you –YOU– on the surface is not a comple
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Wow! I just had an emotional-filled rollercoaster and memorable journey with Muscle Memory! Stylo Fantome can definitely write and this one just hit me at the right spots I'm stil-l in awe big time!

Bear with me because this review will be short and quick as I have really nothing to say except the book is not easy to read and the situation and scenes was definitely more complex than it already was. I wouldn't even talk about the characters as I feel like each of them with their own roles play
TeriLyn
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

**Muscle Memory generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "It's all in the muscle memory." Stars

Stylo Fantome held me utterly captivated throughout this newly penned, stand alone, romantic journey. Muscle Memory holds true to second chances and rediscovery with characters who make you feel every step of the way. With adult themes and some particularly sketchy situations, Fantome meanders her words on a heart breaking journey. This story is unique, full of surprises, emotionally vu
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog

Stylo Fantome's "Muscle Memory" was such an unexpected story that still has me scrambling to gather my thoughts. I read the synopsis and expected one thing and the reality of it was something completely different. This isn't a bad thing mind you because if nothing else, Jon and Delaney made me feel. God did it make me feel, and not always good things. If you're looking for a hearts and flowers, walk in the park on a sunny afternoon kind of read, this really isn't it. If you want a book
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
3.5 STARS

I enjoyed this book immensely. I loved the premise, the past conflicting with the present for a man who remembers nothing even though his heart can't seem to forget. It was beautiful. There were moments that I felt were a bit over-the-top dramatic, some dialogue that didn't feel as natural as it could have. But there were also moments too beautiful for words, bits of dialogue and inner monologue I reread more than once because they completely took my breath away. There were plot details
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally different style of writing for Stylo Fantome and I FLOVED IT!! This story was like a puzzle, being given bits and pieces of the past and present and seeing how I could connect it to "John". It really had my mind going and thinking, making sure that I didn't miss a thought.

At first I thought there is no way that John is the way that they are describing him, just no way. But then we get snippets of his past and my mouth was left open because I just could not believe it to be true. The mor
Rapiture Muscle Builder 1 1 Nov 18, 2017 12:54AM
Androdrox 1 2 Oct 23, 2017 09:46PM
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an
More about Stylo Fantome...

“They learned about each other in the dark, bodies like braille to their souls.” 0 likes