Start by marking “Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)

Lionheart

(Moonshadow #3)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Thea Harrison comes the final story in her spellbinding Moonshadow trilogy…

King Oberon reigned over his Dark Court in Lyonesse for centuries, until an assassination attempt laid him low. Now he lies unconscious in his snow-bound palace, while his Power battles the enchantment that threatens to end his life.

A skilled trau
ebook
Published October 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lionheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lionheart

Sophia Triad
King Oberon and Dr. Kathryn Shaw

PNR Romance at its finest!

After a cruel attempt against his life by Morgan, the King of Lyonesse (the demesne of mixed-race people), King Oberon becomes critically ill. A magical needle has been inserted in his heart and it is slowly killing him. Oberon manages to stay alive by summoning his shifter part, but this only slows down his death. The desperate king decides to put himself into a coma and as a result Lyonesse becomes also an icy sleeping demesne waiting
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

It's always a treat to dive back into the world of the Elder Races and while the Moonshadow trilogy is a standalone series it is closely connected. So it won't come as no surprise that we get to see a little bit Dragos this time around and damn, was it good to catch up with him! He is and will always be my favorite, arrogant dragon.

With that being said, and without further ado I'm jumping right into my review, Oberon isn't far behind in the arrogance department. He reminded me so much of the enr
Marta Cox
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
Well the last book in this trilogy that features the Fae is simply fabulous and if you loved Dragos than Oberon is definitely the King for you ! Now why do I say that you may well wonder and the answer is simply that Oberon is the ultimate predator and in falcon Wyr Kathryn he has found worthy prey ! Not since Dragon Bound has the author given her readers such a menacing, powerful alpha male and I predict a lot of fans falling for his most menacing yet ultimately satisfying charms .
Now it’s not
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Lionheart completes the Moonshadow trilogy by Thea Harrison. I’m sad to see this series end, but I hope we get to revisit the world and see more in the future.

This can be read as a standalone, but many of the characters from Moonshadow and Spellbinder make prominent appearances. I will say the series is best read in order to get the full impact of the world and character connections.

Lionheart is another superb installment. I’m in love with the world and characters created in this novel. It’s i
Ira
I didn’t expect this couple in this series before, what a fantastic surprise! ❤

I love this heroine, our Dr Kathryn Shaw, is one of the best heroine from this Elders Race series.
She wasn’t a lovely and softie type like Pia Cuelebre, but a real professional who is kind, strong and a woman who is fit to be a King’s mate! 😘

And Oberon?
Well Dragos, you’ve got a competitor here! 😂

It’s a fantastic trilogy, and I hope Ms. Harrison will come up with something equally fab.

Btw, didn’t fancy much that cover
Stacie
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "You're a Miracle" Stars!

I loved the dynamic between Kathryn and Oberon! They were absolutely perfect for each other. To be honest, the action conclusion to the series was a bit anticlimactic (still creative though), but these two completely made up for it for me. Can't wait to see what Thea Harrison comes up with next! I'll be on it! Happy reading!!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
The story was pretty compelling from start to finish. The description of Kathryn's travel to get to Oberon was described so well that I could easily envision the scenery. The storyline was well thought out and I enjoyed the side characters immensely.

I loved Kathryn's character. She was a very strong heroine. Smart, respectable and made reasonable decisions which you would expect from a physician. I enjoyed her fights with Oberon. She really stood her ground when it was needed.

King Oberon had two
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

The most important thing I have to say about this book: This cover needs to die.

I honestly can't stand it.
I have never hated a cover more and I have read a lot of books let me tell you.

I'm enjoying this series so much, there was such a pleasant buzz when I finished it.
I kinda wanna read the Elder Races series all over again. *sigh*
All these Dragos/Pia references are killing me. KILLING ME!
Beth
Fan girl squealing here! I didn't think there would be another uber male alpha in Harrison's writing that might keep Dragos from being my favorite, but Oh, boy, does King Oberon give him a run for that title. The instant I finished Lionheart, my mind started playing all these scenarios where Dragos and Oberon have to interact...Pure swooning Joy! Okay, enough fan-girling. Here is what I thought of Lionheart...

Lionheart was an amazing book-cation! Swept away to a world of fae politics, the belov
Sunny
When I chose books, I like to see parity between my heroes and heroines. All too often, the power dynamics between main characters are askew. Heroes often have their superhero power and the heroines are the quirky characters that saves the heroes humanity or some such thing. Meh. I think this is why I love the Moonshadow series by Thea Harrison so much. This series takes place in the Elder Races world. Lionheart is the third book in the series. This is the second time that the author has surpris ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
5 Royal Dark Court Stars!

King Oberon is the well-loved King of the Dark Court who hated evil Queen Isabeau from the Fae court carried out a successful personal attack on Oberon. As Oberon lies in stasis for the last 200 years, he is becoming cold and dangerous while destroying Lyonesse his beloved otherland. He was forced to put himself in a permanent stasis or die from the slow acting spell that is embedded in him.

Dr. Kathryn Shaw is a Wyr Falcon. She’s a highly skilled trauma surgeon and mag
All Things Urban Fantasy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

Thea Harrison is an author that takes as much care with world-building as she does with relationship building, and LIONHEART is the exception that proves this rule. By nature of the ticking clock attached to Katheryn’s stay and Oberon’s illness, the rush to resolve the plot did make stretches of LIONHEART feel like they take place in a bubble. Despite the hundreds of years of backstory behind these two characters, it is the immediacy of the present tha
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
IGNORING the creepy uncle mustache on the cover, this book is WONDERFUL. I tend to like Thea Harrison books, but every once in awhile I truly fall in love, and this is one of those books. The story swept me away in just the perfect way.
Shanna Matheo
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this so much! I really love Thea Harrison's Elder races world. I need to do a reread of the first series soon.
Aly is so frigging bored
I think this was my favorite book from the latest Ms Harrioson has written. I always wanted to read about the doctor that kept treating my favorite characters, and I did! I loved that she staid true to the character, and that Dr Shaw didn't have a personality change now that she was the main character. In the end, I loved the conclusion to the British Isles trilogy and I can't wait to see what else Ms Harrison comes up with.
Douglas Meeks
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
In what begins as the ultimate love/hate relationship, this was a great romance novel. The relationship between Oberon and Kathryn was entertaining and fun to watch. The battle between the immovable object and the irresistible force went on for longer than most novels, there was the smallest bit of insta-love but it was buried beneath a ton of "I hate you" LOL.

While the romance follows a surprising course the real overarching plot between good and evil in this trilogy was finally resolved and I
Trisha
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed with this book. I always look forward to TH’s books and while a few are duds most are enjoyable. The characters in this book were bland and the story was so dull I set the book aside several times and I forced myself to finish it. Not good at all 😑
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: “It was good to be free. Good to be home.”

As Lyonesse is slowly being destroyed, it’s ruler, King Oberon, sleeps deep within his palace, the victim of an assassination attempt. His only chance at a cure comes in the form of the top Elder Race surgeon, Dr. Katheryn Shaw. When she arrives, her presence awakens him though he is no longer the man he was before. His only means of survival caused his emotions to be stripped from him. Now Katheryn must find a way to not only cure his bo
Ana

I was really looking forward to this book. Oberon sounded like such an interesting hero and Kathryn a great heroine whom I greatly admired (hey, it's no easy thing to stand up to a ragey dragon :D) In any case, we have a character I was insanely curious about and a character I really liked.

Unfortunately, something about this book just didn't click for me. I liked the semi-adversarial relationship at the beginning of the book, but then somehow everything (relationship-wise) was happening
Mara
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Enjoyable but not really gripping. It didn't wow me nor made me want to read the series again. The most important thing I can say is that it's pleasant.
Lady Heather

PUBLICATION DATE: OCTOBER 15, 2018

photo cover.jpg

photo cdd4367c-2f66-4879-83a5-7181df17c004.jpg

Lionheart, the third and final book in the Moonshadow trilogy is Thea Harrison's writing at her best.

This book... the writing, story and characters are the reason I started reading
Ms Harrison's work in the first place and continue to
"1-chick" her books as soon as they're available.
She's one of the few authors I tri-buy (paperback, digital, and audio).

Oberon, King of the Dark Fae was an amazing character to read.
Of all the characters in the Elder Races books,
Darcy
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, e-book, fae, pnr, shifters
I liked how this one took us to a new place, one that was in turmoil. I liked that Kathryn looked at healing Oberon as a challenge. Heck, just being in Lyonesse was an adventure as the land was almost an enemy as it was so linked to Oberon and he was in peril. Kathryn went about healing Oberon in a good way. First she had to deal with Robin, Oberon's self appointed guard. Once Robin believed she wouldn't hurt Oberon she had to deal with him in a coma, yet still able to stop her from doing much g ...more
Jen Davis
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can always count on Thea Harrison to satisfy my PNR itch. Lionheart is the third in her Moonshadow trilogy based on the world of the Elder Races. This story features Dr. Kathryn Shaw, trauma surgeon to Dragos Caluebre and his sentinels. Her hero is none other than Oberon, king of the dark fae.

Oberon has been in something like a magical coma for the past 15. Isabeau, Queen of the Light Court, orchestrated an attempt on his life along time ago and she used Morgan La Fae to do it. Oberon tried ma
Saly
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Honestly I was a little worried about this book after reading the synopsis. I don't like my heroes to be complete jerks and to treat the heroines badly and it sounded like it might go that way but I should have had more faith in Thea Harrison after all I do love the Elder Races Series and I very much enjoyed the first two books int his trilogy.

I absolutely love that the heroine of this book is Katherine the doctor from the Elder Races series (no you don't need to have read this series to enjoy
Deanna from Deanna's World
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lionheart is a fierce, passionate clash of wills as Kathryn battles to save Oberon's life and Oberon suffers from the after-effects of an assassination attempt. It will have your heart soaring, thumping, weeping in its majesty.

I love what Ms Harrison has done with the fae myths in her Moonshadow series as the series arcs through the life and challenges of the survivors of the Dark Court, their battle against the evil Isabeau, and Oberon's fight for his life. Ms Harrison brings a new twist to the
Celestine
Good fantasy novel with a lot of excitement. I enjoyed the characterization. Oberon is a growly king, cranky and moody and a little terrifying. Kathryn is the doctor, who consistently surprised me with her mature and thoughtful outlook on just about everything. Characters overall were great, with the exception of the introduction of a bunch of New York Elders at the beginning that I can only expect were to tempt me to read other novels. I haven't read any Elder Races except the Moonshadow series ...more
Chitrangi Kakoti
Kathryn was amazing as always, but I wasn’t a fan of Oberon. The romance was unsatisfying, focusing more on the mating...everything just felt so rushed. I’m SO frustrated by how Isabeau was dealt with, like are you expecting me to believe Isabeau – the woman who had both the fae demesnes dancing on her fingertips – would just do something so out of character?

I wasn’t expecting it to be as spectacular as Spellbinder, but I hadn’t expected it to fall so short either.
Holly
I adore the Elder Races world. These characters really come alive for me every time I read one. I was curious about Oberon after the events of the previous book, Spellbinder. When Dr. Katherine Shaw agrees to travel to the Other Lands to see if she can remove a deadly spell King Oberon has been under for 200 years, I cheered. I loved her in the previous books and I was really excited to find out more about Morgan's spell and how Oberon would live. Harrison doesn't disappoint. Oberon and Katherin ...more
T.A. White
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The characters of Oberon and Kathryn were such interesting people and I liked seeing their romance unfold.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Lionheart by Thea Harrison starting 11 Oct, 2018 5 12 Dec 04, 2018 02:52AM
  • Shifter Planet
  • Summer Moon (Celtic Wolves, #2)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • The Demon Prince (Ars Numina, #2)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
  • Oria’s Gambit (Sorcerous Moons, #2)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Emerald Lily (Vampire Blood, #4)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Blood Bond (Sentinel Wars, #10)
  • Blood & Bone (Blood & Bone, #1)
  • Wildfire (Fire, #3)
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
  • Forsaken by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5)
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Moonshadow (3 books)
  • Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1)
  • Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2)
“I apologize for my earlier behavior.”
She gave him a sidelong grin. “You’re not really sorry.”
He gave that due thought. Carefully he said, “I am regretful that I am not sorry. Does that count?”
1 likes
“Leaning forward, she pressed her lips to his. His mouth was so still, so warm and perfect. Her closed eyes filled with dampness as she lingered over the sensation of touching his lips with hers.
It felt like saying goodbye to a man she had never met and could barely acknowledge to herself that she had truly wanted to.
Then he moved.