Start by marking “Dating Daisy” as Want to Read:
Dating Daisy

Dating Daisy

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
What do you do when you're a newly divorced 52 year old mother, keen for a second chance of romance? Why internet dating of course! Daisy Mae_224 embarks on the internet dating process with trepidation. Having not been on the dating scene for nearly 30 years, and with fairly rudimentary computer skills, she finds herself embroiled in a series of haphazard and hilarious sit ...more
Published July 27th 2017 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dating Daisy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating Daisy

Bill Brier
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you want a real life scenario of Internet dating—the good, the bad, the ugly—this book’s for you. Daisy adds humor to hard-to-believe events. Nevertheless, they’re real. All of them. You can’t make this stuff up. She has a gift for limericks and repartee. Having experienced the sorrows of Internet dating, I, like Daisy, had wanted to forget the whole thing, but in the end, persistence paid off. A terrific read.”
Mahiraj Jadeja
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well I have never reviewed this type of book plus I had never done Internet dating in my life (I am 23 years old), but dating itself is taboo so forget Internet dating, my God, from the first chapter, fun starts, chatting goes on about, end of old relationship, problems you have to face to set up a profile for dating site especially of the age of dating daisy who is divorced and 52.. I learned some internet slang's which I won’t mention in review, going through the chapters of the book the excit ...more
Caroline Vincent - Bits about Books
Following the end of what she once believed would be a lifelong marriage, Daisy decides to ‘get out there’ and jumps into the world of online dating. She takes us with her on a hilarious path to finding new love whilst feeding us witty anecdotes from her daily work as a doctor working in Sexual Health.

| Introduction |

Fifty-two-year-old Daisy, as she calls herself, is ready for a new relationship! After the nasty break-up of her marriage to ‘Voldemort’, she has also broken up with a man she met o
Alison
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Who could resist that brightly enticing cover .. I love daisies, it’s pink and I immediately spotted the he loves me he loves me not imagery with the missing petal.

There have been an influx of books lately that dip their toe into the world of online dating so I needed something that would have that certain something to make it stand out.

While it obviously has to include the whole, create a profile, pros, cons, disasters list which frankly never differs much no matter who is advertising themselve
Nicola Smith
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dating Daisy is a work of fiction but I get the impression it's pretty much autobiographical. We follow Daisy as she signs up for first one, then two and eventually four dating websites. In her early 50s and just out of a short relationship which followed the demise of her 26 year old marriage to Voldemort (!), she's looking for that special person to spend her future with.

Not backward about coming forward, Daisy makes contact with various possible dates and goes on a few too. She breaks her own
Jade Evans
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
What do you do when you're a newly divorced 52 year old mother, keen for a second chance of romance? Why internet dating of course! Daisy Mae_224 embarks on the internet dating process with trepidation. Having not been on the dating scene for nearly 30 years, and with fairly rudimentary computer skills, she finds herself embroiled in a series of haphazard and hilarious situations.

If I am being honest, which I am, I didn't think that I would enjoy this book when I started it but it turns out that
Faithe.In.Books
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Dating Daisy is a fun, lighthearted book about internet dating in your 50s. A funny, quirky and extremely honest recount of finding love on the internet.

The book follows the life of Daisy as she navigates her way through multiple dating sites to find her perfect man after her divorce to Voldemort (yes he who shall not be named) years ago.

The author makes this book seem like a true story, although it is clearly stated from the beginning it is a work of fiction. The main character Daisy is also th
A. Shea
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
‘Dating Daisy’ is a highly entertaining look at the world of Internet dating-when you are in your 50s. The diary format book centres on the main character Daisy, who is a sexual health doctor, as well as her experiences as daisymae_224, her Internet dating persona.
After 26 years of marriage to a disheartening character she nicknames Voldemort and an 18-month relationship with Jeremy, Daisy sets up her online dating profile hoping to fall in love very quickly. Unfortunately, true love is not imm
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Being a book blogger, I read a lot of book descriptions and sometimes one will really jump out at me. This was one of those descriptions, it gave me a giggle and made me want to know more about Daisy.

I was quickly swept along by the conversational and humorous writing style. The nickname Daisy used for her ex husband made me laugh every time I read it 😄.

Daisy's job as a sexual health doctor fascinated me, I was amazed and highly amused by some of the stories - what an eye-opening profession! The
Cara Ross
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
As someone who found her husband online, I tend to love any one line romances, though they seem to be few and far between in romance-land, which in all honesty one of the things that drew me to the book, because I knew it was going to be a big breath of fresh air.

Dating Daisy is the story of a 50 year old women, who was suddenly thrust back into the world of dating, and how do many of us find dates nowadays? Online, which is pretty much how we do everything in this day and age.

The main character
Rita Chapman
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Dating Daisy is the story of Daisy’s experiences on internet dating sites. As Daisy learns something new from everyone she connects with she draws up her list of do’s and don’t’s – and then promptly ignores them. She finds herself obsessed with checking each site regularly for replies, her hopes of meeting Mr Right becoming more frustrated and more intense. Daisy receives everything from poetic replies to unabashed lies, lives through disastrous dates and disappointment and narrowly misses being ...more
Dr L
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. It's a real page turner that I struggled to put down. The chapters are short and the author cleverly intertwines her professional and personal life, past and present, in a diary style. She shares with you her experiences of internet dating, good, bad and very bad! The book is filled with ideas and tips and a definite read for anyone thinking of embarking on internet dating for the first time! Daisy also shares entertaining stories from the Sexual Health Clinic where sh ...more
BookClub4One
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would never have picked this book off the shelf as I am neither middle aged nor online dating. Yet, what a shame that would've been. I didn't know what to expect from this book, but what I got was wit, laughter, and practical advice. Full disclosure, I listened to it as an audio book (my first one actually). While I did find listening to it convenient, sometimes it can take away from the feel of the book as you don't always have time to digest what is happening. If you are looking for relatabl ...more
Karen Collins
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dating Daisy is a funny interesting and sometimes sad book to read but it was a book that you had to keep reading at any spare moment, Daisy is a newly divorced 52 yr old lady who decides to do online dating. The characters she meets are all types most of them with no real likenes to their profile. The novel is interspersed with antidotes fronm Daisy about her professional life working in Sexual Health some of these made me laugh out loud. Looking for the Special one took energy and time but it ...more
Lois Herr
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some of our diaries are random glimpses into our lives with no continuity other than the weather. Daisy’s diary revolves around her progress through the world of internet dating, and that’s what gives the story structure. What makes it so entertaining are the potential matches she finds and what happens when she connects with them. What makes the book fun are the asides she puts in from her professional life as a doctor in the sexual health and reproduction field; the juxtaposition of sexual hea ...more
Angus
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a really fun holiday read. Some very funny medical stories. Any trip to the sexual health clinic will never be the same again ! I think any middle aged person will identify with Daisy and enjoy her internet dating journey. I think quite the book is presented in quite a different way and iconic style. Icons, kissing tips, snoring advice and poems too ! A read with a difference and I would highly recommend Dating Daisy.
Lauren Faulkenberry
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Dating Daisy is an amusing story of a divorcee looking for love through internet dating. The conversational tone reminded me of Bridget Jones, and Daisy’s cute naivete reminded me of “Calendar Girls.” If you like second chance romance stories with a dose of humor, this is a story for you. I listened to the audio book, which had a great narrator that brought Daisy to life for me. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Carol Howell
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dating Daisy is a brilliant holiday read. his is the true story of one 52 year old, recently divorced Dr, who juggles work, home and internet dating, in search of her perfect partner.
It's a rollercoaster ride, funny, sad and easy to relate to. The reader is invited into the mysterious Sexual Health Clinic where Daisy works.
For anyone contemplating internet dating, this read is a must - for anyone else- it'll keep you guessing. Will she find him in the end ?
Susan Cairney
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it apart from the overuse of "well the thing is, but the thing is, the thing is"... far too much but the story was fun and amusing and interesting to learn some of the ins and outs (ha ha) of Daisy's profession. There were also many grammatical errors which was annoying but what do you do but deal with it! Overall a great little book, easy to read - in fact I didn't want to stop so I didn't!
Holly Gregory
I really loved this book and how realistic the story was, this was probably the most accurate representation of internet dating. Also the fact that the main character was older then what I am made me intrigued. Honestly worth the read and would defiantly recommend to others. The way the story was written was so easy to follow and some parts that were hilarious in it. Loved this book
Joslin Kier
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quirky unique read! The topic is incredibly original. It isn't very often that an author puts out something so different from the norm and pulls it off this well! I don't want to spoil the story line, but Daisy finds herself in some pretty hilarious situations while online dating. I had the pleasure of interviewing the author and I love that she wrote this novel laced with her own knowledge!
Hannah Symonds
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the story of Daisy Mae and her experiences of online dating. There are parts that are amusing but I didn’t feel as though I enjoyed it as much as I should of done. I felt as though the ending was rushed and I was not keen on the way she kept on saying ‘ here’s the things’.
Teresa Kander
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
full review soon
Mandy
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2017
Cathryn McQuaide
Mar 15, 2018
Artisan Book Reviews
Mar 08, 2018
Anita Graham
May 02, 2018
ChickLit Cafe Book Reviews & Author Services
Daisy Mae is newly divorced. She is a young 52 years old. She longs for a new companion, but has no idea how to find one. Then she turns to the internet. She decides to try her hand at online dating.

First, she has to make a profile. A daunting and rather difficult task at hand. What should she say about herself? She can’t over sell herself as many of the online men she encounters have. With basic computer skills she sets off and creates her profile.

She decides to keep a diary and makes up rules
Lisa
Nov 01, 2017
Amber
May 11, 2018 added it
Dating Daisy is a fun read mapping out the horrors of online interaction, while still providing an unexpected, positive ending, so as not to be left without hope for the (mostly) desolate, loveless internet. A cross between a diary and an online dating guide, Daisy Mae provides witty and relatable anecdotes featuring her dating disasters, work patients, relationship history, and home life. Perhaps geared more towards the middle aged and up crowd, the story was still quite entertaining and apprec ...more
I was born in Germany as my father was in the British Army and was stationed out there. I went to boarding school between the ages of 10 and 17, which was a very formative experience. I then went to Southampton University and obtained a degree in Medicine, and since then I have been working in the NHS for the past 30 years. I was a GP for 8 years, but then I moved into Sexual and Reproductive Heal ...more