Jump to ratings and reviews

Mount Trilogy #3

Sinful Empire

The Mount Trilogy concludes with Sinful Empire!

What’s mine, I keep, and that includes Keira Kilgore.
It’s no longer enough to have her in my debt. No longer enough to own her body.
I want something more.
She can try to resist, but I’ll never give her up.
Nothing will keep us apart.
Not her. Not my enemies. No one.
Her debt will only be paid one way—with her heart.

Sinful Empire is the third and final book in the Mount Trilogy.

243 pages, Paperback

First published December 19, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Meghan March

74 books14.9k followers
Making the jump from corporate lawyer to romance author was a leap of faith that New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Meghan March will never regret. With over thirty titles published, she has sold millions of books in nearly a dozen languages to fellow romance-lovers around the world. A nomad at heart, she can currently be found in the woods of the Pacific Northwest, living her happily ever after with her real-life alpha hero.. She loves hearing from her readers at meghanmarchbooks@gmail.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
819 (3%)
1 star
314 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,819 reviews
Profile Image for Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog.
1,260 reviews9,898 followers
December 3, 2017
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provide by Author}

With a flick of my wrist, I move the curtain aside and step inside to where there’s no shadows, no pale white light, but a rainbow of colors. Maybe that’s where we belong. Not in the shadows. Not in the light. But somewhere completely unique to us.

”The Mount Trilogy” ends spectacularly with the final installment, ”SINFUL EMPIRE”. Everything from Lachlan’s dismal childhood, his rise to power, and even how he got his name is revealed. I said it before and I’ll say it again, Lachlan Mount is what makes this story FANTASTIC, although I even ended up liking Keira this time around. The couple’s relationship solidifies, and it brings out new depths and dimensions in both character’s development. There were a few twists and turns that I honestly didn’t see coming and have to give praise to the author’s ability to throw some curve balls throughout the story’s progression. It made for a truly engaging and entertaining read. It might be one of the best I’ve read by Ms. March!

The recent attempt on Keira’s life has brought she and Lachlan even closer together. The dynamic between them has evolved and it actually started to grow into something more during their trip to Dublin. Keira is no longer fighting her attraction to Lachlan and the two are starting to realize that they have much deeper feelings than they ever thought possible. In this conclusion Lachlan and Keira evolve into a power couple, ready to take on all of their enemies together!

Lachlan offers himself up on a silver platter to Keira. He is giving her all of the answers to her burning questions so that she knows what she is getting herself into by linking herself to him. One revelation with regards to how she even showed up on his radar, has Keira reeling from feelings of deep betrayal, but this in no way hinders her relationship to Lachlan.

The combination of action, suspense, and steam made this one such an entertaining read! And Lachlan Mount is my new favorite Alpha Male!

Here are my overall ratings on the book:

Hero: 5
Heroine: 4
Plot: 5
Steam: 5
Chemistry Between Hero & Heroine: 5

SINFUL EMPIRE releases on December 20th! It’s the last book in the series, so if you are one to wait until all books have been released, then this will be the time to dive in! It’s definitely one of the best by Meghan March!!

Pre-Order: http://bit.ly/2hC3LhR

photo 17631979_zpsogt4rrvf.png
Profile Image for Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦.
662 reviews2,396 followers
January 2, 2018

➦Hokay so. Let me fire it up.

➦Just as a heads up, I will be reviewing all the books in this trilogy in this one review. Because it's just better that way, people. Trust me.

➦Don't be thinking I'm lazy or something. I work hard, people.

➦Well, nothing besides writing this awesome review here, of course. So here is. I think Meghan March is a great writer AND I think she's a smart writer. The first two books were brilliantly done and kept me in suspense. I simply needed answers and could not wait for the conclusion.

➦It's nothing that hasn't been done before, but it was done well. The rich and powerful mafia boss, the beautiful woman who, as turns out, owes him a lot of money. He doesn't want money, though, he'll just settle for HER.

➦May be, but it was also kinda hot. Now, some parts of this book were very very good. I especially loved flashbacks to Mount's childhood. Those are aaaaalways my favorite parts. I even teared up a bit. Having said that...

➦Book three is where it all gets wrapped up. I won't lie and say that I rolled my eyes a lot.

➦Before you slap the crap out of me, people, remember that this is a positive review! :D But anywhatever, it was a bit too much inner dialogue like "I am the baddest baddass and they will all die because I'm the biggest baddest badass and everyone knows it." It was a bit repetitive in a way it was delivered.

➦And the last thing, some logic gaps. At least I, for one, didn't find some things that "explained" plot twists very logical. As an example... Imagine you let your friend drive your kid to school one day. Then imagine this friend gets arrested for doing 105 on a highway. But in her defense she will say, um, something like, "I had a hunch it would be okay to speed like a maniac today." O.O

➦To wrap this up, recommended to anyone who loves mafia/crime romances, but on the light side. Not too dark but extra steamy. And here's my seal. The seal of approval.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Sophia Triad.
2,239 reviews3,425 followers
February 24, 2018
Dance with me, Lachlan. Dance with me in Dublin.

The epic conclusion for the Mount trilogy.

Lachlan and Keira are now a team, an item, stronger together than apart. And sooner than later, they will accept their feelings and their fate.

That sounds exactly like the man I know and love.
Wait.
Love?
The word crashes through my brain like the bullet that apparently shattered the windshield of the car.
Is that even ... possible?

The book has the revelation of two master manipulators:
1. The first revelation will hurt Keira's feelings (Hint: who sent Keira to Lachlan the night of the masquerade?)
2. The second revelation will almost kill Keira (Hint: who wants Keira out of the way?)

Lachlan needs to explain his life, his decisions and his vision of the future to Keira. Thus, the book contains lots of his memories. The ones that shaped his present.
It is up to Keira to accept him and obviously she likes what she sees.

There will be no debt in the end, no blackmailing. Only togetherness and playfulness.

"You owe me a debt, and I'm here to collect."
Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
December 9, 2017
4.5 STARS

She’s mine. She’s staying mine. Even my black heart couldn’t handle losing her. I will keep her safe with my very last breath, if necessary.

Sinful Empire was a high-octane page turner! A non-stop, action-packed and sexy ride that kept me riveted to the pages from beginning to end. It ended in much the same way it began, with a bang! And this girl? Absolutely devoured every single morsel!
Lachlan Mount is a man unlike any other I’ve ever met, and although he’s not the first that I’ve called mine, I hope he’ll be the last.

Considering how addicted I've been to this trilogy, I was equally dreading and excited to read the conclusion. I couldn't wait to see how all the twists and turns would come to a full circle. And let me just tell you, the twists and turns kept coming until the very end. Just when you think you have things figured out, Meghan March throws a twist into the mix that you never saw coming. And she definitely saved the best for last. Because that ending? MIND. BLOWING.

For two books you watched Mount and Keira fall for each other and fighting falling for each other. The attraction between them was as undeniable as their chemistry. With each new detail that we learn about Mount and his past, you fall harder for him, right along with Keira. Each tiny morsel that we're given about the mysterious man just helped build the picture of the road he's traveled to make him into who he is today.

Sinful Empire was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to what's now one of my favorite trilogies. There's a nice set up for stories for some of the secondary characters, and I for one am already salivating for those. I can't wait for more in this addicting series!

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Profile Image for ❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books.
2,112 reviews7,113 followers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SINFUL EMPIRE: This is the third and final book within the ‘Mount Trilogy’ by Meghan March. Like everyone else I have been stalking the release day of this book after the big cliffy we were all left dangling over in BOOK#2

This kicks starts us off with Mounts background, the street urchin, stealing and pickpocketing on the streets just to survive, the boy with no name. To how he came about.

Street justice isn't a slap on the wrist or a few days in jail. Street justice is more than an eye for an eye. It's harsh, it's brutal. That's who I am, Kiera. Harsh. Brutal. Without remorse.

Previous books we only got a glimpse into Mounts background like a phoenix rising he took over New Orleans, cleaning up the streets, corrupt cops in his pockets, a ruthless man that stuck to the shadows. UNTIL Kiera, she's his undoing, she brings him to his knees, his equal, a queen fit for a king, unbreakable, unstoppable.

A King has the most value, but without a Queen, he's a hell of a lot less powerful. Together, they have the best chance of victory

Then we’re thrown to present day where it all ended in the previous book, my breathing picked up, my hands got clammy wandering if they were going to survive. And then seeing Kiera become a force to be reckoned with, out of blood, out for vengeance.

My bloodthirsty hellion. My defiant Queen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a crazy ride this series was, from the very first book I was hooked, stalking stalking stalking until the release of the others within the series, this series fast became one of my favourites this year!! I read this in record time, I devoured it, once started I couldn't put it down, such a bittersweet moment to reach the end of this trilogy. I never wanted it to end.

March 14, 2020
Nice ending to the Trilogy!

I tend to think that the ending to a Trilogy is not always the best out of the three books. I always love the meeting between the two main characters in a romance and especially when it is a series or a Trilogy because they are almost never just friendly at the beginning.

There is always some sort of complex relationship that has to develop in the first book which is what generally makes the first book so good, especially if it is something you want to read further. The interactions between Mount and Keira kept me interested all through Ruthless King.

Then the second book generally has a lot more romance and action which is what I really enjoyed in Defiant Queen. There were multiple storylines and the romance was still developing and steamy. It kept me on my toes and I wanted more. The cliffhanger was awesome as well. Cliffhangers suck when the next book isn’t out yet, but when you have the next book a really good cliffhanger can be pretty awesome!

I genuinely liked this book. Though I do think that sometimes the cliffhanger’s get resolved too quickly and then the books get sappy a bit too soon trying to wrap up the Happily Ever After. I don’t think that happened in this one. Lachlan Mount isn’t your average man. He isn’t the King of New Orleans by accident. He does what needs to be done. He is much tougher than I expected. I like it!

Though I still like the first two books more and in the end it does get a bit lovey lovey dovey as well as hot and steamy for the HEA wrap-up. As romance readers we expect all that and many readers would be haters without it. Probably me included. Overall this was an amazing series but since I like this book a bit less than the other two, I will give this one four stars since I gave the others five stars. Though overall I give the Trilogy 5 stars, because I loved the story, the romance, the suspense and the thrill of it all. I will definitely be reading more of Meghan March’s work very soon!

Blog|Goodreads|Facebook|Instagram|Twitter|BookBub
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.4k reviews4 followers
July 19, 2019
Totally Impressed!

“You’ve been the queen from day one. The most powerful piece on the whole fucking board.”

Meghan March is freakin’ amazing! She has written such fascinating, well developed characters and created a phenomenal story. This could not have been a more perfect conclusion for Lachlan and Keira’s story. LOVED every single bit of this book and the entire series blew me away. Yeah, this story has it all. The quality of writing, the depth of the characters, the passion between the leads, it was intense and sizzling hot. Sinful Empire is a wild ride that grabs you from page one and doesn't let go.

And Lachlan Mount….Oh. My. Goodness. What can I possibly say about the deliciousness that is Mount? He was everything I love and then some in a hero. Seriously sexy in that alpha, commanding sort of way. He was mega protective of Keira and so sweet and sensitive at times that he just melted my heart. I want to say that I enjoy how Meghan March didn't weaken Lachlan to fit a role. She also took the time to build him up, making it impossible to not love him. She also picked the perfect woman for him, a strong capable woman who refused to back down. Together, Lachlan and Keira were like dynamite, so perfectly matched and destined to be together.

"Before I let myself get drunk on her and the possibilities of the future, I need to answer her questions and tell her the truth. It’s time to show Keira just how black my soul is, and see if she’s going to run in the other direction. Which is exactly what she should do."

"I’m the queen of a sinful empire, and I plan to spend the rest of my life beside its king."

Meghan March combines the best elements of action with the heart pounding romance that leaves you fanning yourself for hours. You are in for a real treat when you read a book by this woman.

Overall, one of the best series I've read this year and definitely a five-star, must-read winner!
Profile Image for Olga therebelreader.
888 reviews666 followers
December 11, 2017
I loved this book!! Great, convincing plot, realistic characters and really beautifully-written steamy bits. It really describes the protagonists’ emotions and motivations with depth, and is a stonking read. The love scenes are to die for. Great story-line and when Mount "risks" everything for Keira.....swoon worthy!!
I love angsty reads but not when they're unrelatable. This had that repressed love and devotion streaming through all the pages. Try it, you'll love this trilogy!

In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 3/5 | Humor 2/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pacing Fast | Action 3/5

photo 18009131_816557981827901_1142461593_n_zpso3xlzmkr.jpg
Profile Image for TJ *Book Twins Reviews*.
1,038 reviews2,382 followers
December 19, 2017
Sinful Empire is LIVE!! The series is complete and absolutely amazing!!
Highly recommend!

4.5 Stars

Lachlan Mount is Perfect!
Meghan March has created my ultimate book boyfriend. Sinful Empire is her best work yet! I was seriously blown away by the dark side of New Orleans. After meeting Lachlan Mount in the finale of the Beneath series, I was hooked. After meeting him in Ruthless King I was a goner. He over heels in love with another fictional characters. Book two, Defiant Queen was utter perfection. The reader sees Lachlan's growth and vulnerability. I FLOVED IT! But in the final book he cements his place in my badass hall of fame! He's my new favorite M.M. male lead to date.

I'm going to forego a lengthy summary to prevent spoiling books 1-2 for readers who are waiting for the conclusion before reading. BTW, the cliffhangers were breathtaking! I'm one of those weirdos who loves good cliffy so feel free to bring on the side-eye and eye rolls. But seriously, they were literally breath-taking!

photo So-good-Its-so-good-Good-Awesome-So-Awesome.gif

So here's what I'll say about the books. The characters are larger than life. The story is gritty. The writing is exceptional. AND the storyline is flat out amazing. I highly recommend this series

And now the wait is on for the next foray into the dark side of NOLA. I'm waiting with bated breath for Savage Prince!

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter
Profile Image for Aisling Zena.
632 reviews452 followers
4 stars

20/12/17

I wasn't planning on doing a review for this one. And my time is running short as I imagine it is for most of you, so close to the holidays. And no one warned me that when your kid goes to school the whole Christmas thing is intensified by a billion!!

Anytinselway, this was a good ending to the trilogy but for some reason it didn't wholly satisfy me. It fizzled out a bit in comparison to the other two books. The kinky fuckery was toned down because of how the second book ended (no spoilers here) and though understandable it felt like I finally ate the carrot that was dangling in front of me only to find out that the end of it tasted kinda different. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it or that I wasn't happy with the HEA but I just wanted something more... Or maybe I'm just a moaning bitch and it's all in my head.

"Life taught me not to get attached to a single fucking thing, because nothing in this world is permanent. Everything is temporary. I no longer accept that when it comes to her. She’s mine. She’s staying mine."

Please don't pay my moaning any mind and do read the trilogy! It's worth it!

description
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,088 reviews1,890 followers
December 19, 2017
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Just like it's predecessor Sinful Empire starts off where this author left us hanging. From there you're lured into a false sense of hope that these characters will get their HEA without anymore craziness, only for them to laugh at you while everything goes to shit.

I really liked that this book never slowed down and it kept up the pace that was throughout both previous books. So as much as I wanted to see these characters happy, watching them battle it out through everything going on in the Mount empire was what had me truly loving this book. Keria and Mount had such a crazy start that it only makes sense their ending would be just as insane.

Overall this series was an amazing one to read and I highly recommend it. The story itself is intriguing and the characters will have loving them even when you're rational brain is saying you shouldn't.
Profile Image for Jen.
1,654 reviews977 followers
July 25, 2018
**** 4.5 Stars!!!! ****

I’m happy to report that I ended up loving this conclusion to the trilogy! From the start it was exciting and the thrills continued on through out the book! I loved that Keira and Lachlan were now a unit working together, rather than being at conflict with one another! We also got to see a vulnerability to Lachlan that hadn’t been present in the last two books!! It was wonderful seeing that side of him! That is always my favourite part when there is an anti-hero that shows his softer side to only the woman he loves! The rest of the population thinks he’s evil; but his woman knows different!!

There were some surprising reveals as well!!! All in all this book had me hooked! The trilogy as a whole was awesome; but the last book truly made the whole series for me! An added bonus is finding out that there is another trilogy out that takes place in the same world as this one! I’m absolutely going to be reading it as soon as I finish some other books I need to read first!!

This is a trilogy I highly recommend! In fact, Meghan March is a brilliant writer and if you haven’t read her work before... you need to check her out right away!❤️
Profile Image for Sentranced Jem.
1,025 reviews562 followers
FOR GOODREADS

sin
Title: Meghan March (Mount Trilogy #3)
Author: Meghan March
Genre: Romance
Publication Date: December 19, 2017

WTF happended?! I mean seriously WTF happened? I just got done with the book and I don't know where the F*** to start!
I feel like i've gone through a whiplash with this trilogy (Review Here and Here). I didn't understand everyone going all "OMG this book is to die for!" for the first book, but I changed my opinion after the second... now the third and final one has left me at a stand still. I actually have a headache from the yo-yo of emotions in this book. Remember Katy Perry's song- Hot N Cold? That song  is this book in a nutshell.
I was so excited and literally at the edge of my seat by the end of chapter 1, then it went luke warm then the storyline went blisteringly HOT then it way down the drain to 'yawnville' then up again... Get what I'm trying to say? There was actually a moment in the middle of book where I went " Praise the lord! He's actually a human with all his gushy macho romance!". Then BAMB!! everything starts to happen- I mean literally everything and anything you could think of happens, this is where I went "HOLD ON! What is happening?! what?! This is happening too fast!"
Just when I was going to throw my kindle away- the plot twist comes which was shocking FYI! Happy me, right? Fuck no! The most underwhelming conclusion ever! NO NO NO. I choose to ignore what I read.
I feel like this trilogy could have been a duet, this book was a bloody filler! or maybe a short novella like #2.5 or something. I feel so disappointed that I feel like crying!

seteasernowavailable

new 3.5 small

mountavailablenowbanner
Profile Image for Deborah.
3,285 reviews429 followers
January 30, 2018

This is the third and final book in this trilogy. And like the previous book it starts with Lachlan’s past which again is heartbreaking to read.

I really enjoyed this book and this series. It helps that I fell almost instantly in love with Lachlan but who wouldn’t.

There’s twists and turns, romance and sex. This book has a little bit of everything and it’s makes for a really hot entertaining read.
Profile Image for Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•.
2,372 reviews204 followers
December 11, 2017
'She came from a bubble, a world that I've never inhabited. When I dragged her into the shadows and darkness, I gave no thought to the consequences of my actions beyond the satisfaction I would gain from her submission.'

This is the stunning conclusion to the Mount Trilogy and of course the balm to that epic cliff hanger at the end of Defiant Queen.

Mount is not used to feeling vulnerable but when it comes to Keira that is how his heart feels. Yes I said heart, these two may not have admitted it to themselves yet but we can all see that they are falling in love. The safety of his queen is paramount to Mount and the mere thought of losing her incites so much emotion in him.

'Somehow, in the midst of chaos, our positions changed. No longer am I the one forcing her to bend to my wishes because she has no other options. Now, we're equals. Partners.'

Mount’s past really does come into play a lot more in this final piece of the trilogy. Keira is surprised when Mount willingly opens up to her, as in ‘ask me anything’ opening up. He wants to share everything with her from hereon out, she is his and he is hers. Nothing will ever come between them. However, someone is hell bent on doing just so he is going to great lengths to protect Keira and her family while trying to figure out just what is going on. He has made many enemies in his lifetime so figuring out who is causing shit right now might take longer than he expected.

Mount’s back story was incredibly raw and confronting for Keira. She understands him so much more now and can see why he lives the life he does and how he became the man he is today. This queen is willing do anything to protect her king, the life they have together and the future that is yet to come - of course, this will not happen without a few obstacles along the way.

'There's a beauty in you that you'll never see until you look through my eyes.'
'Don't try to make me into some kind of white knight, Keira. I'm not even close.'

I loved the fire and passion between Mount and Keira, her defiance and yet her willingness to submit to him when she needed to. This was an exciting, fast paced, suspense filled story and fantastic ending to this trilogy. I am hoping we will see more from New Orleans in future books from Meghan.
Profile Image for Shayna.
1,813 reviews591 followers
November 26, 2017
“You were playing chess with my life, and I didn’t even know I was on the board.”

The Mount Trilogy by Meghan March concludes with the explosive, emotional, and sexy as sin, SINFUL EMPIRE! This right here is the happily ever after you’ve been waiting for and Ms. March couldn’t have done it any better! If you thought Lachlan Mount was a possessive son of a bitch, you have NO IDEA! Sinful Empire is definitely his tipping point, and let me just tell you this man will do ANYTHING to get and KEEP his woman…ANYTHING!

This trilogy has been quite the rollercoaster ride of emotion, angst, suspense, and scorching hot sex scenes! Each book brought another layer of eroticism and entertainment. They flowed perfectly, keeping me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Mount and Kiera are two characters that I will NEVER forget. Their growth and dynamic throughout the series was a thrill to experience, despite my frustrations with some of their decisions.

This EROTIC THRILL of a trilogy is something ALL romance readers NEED to experience. These characters will beat the shit out of your heart, but the author does a tremendous and careful job putting the pieces together again, only to make it stronger in the end. I’ve NEVER been disappointed in Meghan March’s writing. If anything, this woman keeps getting better and better, bursting through the glass ceiling with every new release she puts out into the world. Her fans ADORE her. I ADORE HER, and I guarantee you will to if you take a chance on this series!

Sinful Empire

ARC stamp
Profile Image for  Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕.
953 reviews1,053 followers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You’ve never been a pawn. You’ve been the queen from day one. The most powerful piece on the whole fucking board".

To say that this series has destroyed all of my nails and gave me anxiety problems, is a HUGE understatement! After that coronary of a cliffhanger, can you really blame me? Lachlan Mount and Keira Kilgore sure knows how to make their mark in the city of New Orleans and with revenge in their path, no one is safe.

After reading the previous books, I thought for sure that Lachlan couldn’t get any more possessive but I was dead wrong! Being scared to blink in fear that he might set people and objects on fire, I read this story with my eyes wide open.

I was so sure I knew everything about these characters and that nothing could’ve surprised me so imagine my shock when I actually started choking after reading a very important chapter! When it came to protecting Keira, there wasn’t anything that this man didn’t do and for every drop of blood that she lost, he made his own retaliation in rivers worth.

I won’t go too much into detail about this but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If you haven’t read this series yet, DO IT NOW!! What started off as pawn in a well played game, quickly became more and I loved that. The dark desire, twisted vengeance and the sexy melt your panties off scenes, is the reason why this series is highly addictive and I can’t wait to see what else is in store.

Profile Image for Hanne.
654 reviews66 followers
December 18, 2017
Sinful Empire is the epic conclusion of Mount and Keira’s love story. I loved this book so much! I absolutely loved the whole Mount trilogy actually and it’s one of my favorite reads this year. Each book was a little better than the previous one and I didn’t think that was possible after loving each book.

I love Mount and Keira. Mount is just Mount. A ruthless King. He was everything I expected him to be, and more. He has a softer side that only Keira gets to see. Keira is the most important person in Mount’s life and he would do anything for her. He’s protective and possessive over her. Mount has finally found his perfect Queen in Keira.

Keira becomes even stronger and fiercer than she already was. She’s a woman you don’t want to mess with. She’s also very determined and caring. Keira is still passionate about her work. She works hard and she wants to fulfill her dreams and goals.

I adored Keira and Mount together. They are a strong, powerful, solid and epic couple. Both of them have found the person they need, want and love. They also have an amazing chemistry. I loved reading how their relationship developed and how hate became love.

After that shocking cliffhanger of Defiant Queen, I couldn’t start Sinful Empire fast enough. Once I started reading, I forgot everything around me and lost track of time. I devoured this book. I needed to know what would happen next. It definitely was a page turner! There were twists, turns and a shocking revelation; all of it was very unexpected. There also were some beautiful, romantic moments between Keira and Mount. This book was captivating, addictive, hot, suspenseful and a little dark.

This book was a little darker than the previous ones. I got to know a little more about Mount’s world, a world Keira doesn’t mind being part of anymore. The enemies and the people whom work for Mount. I can’t describe how happy I’m that the author will write more about the people whom live in the darker, grittier side of New Orleans. I can hardly wait for it and I don’t care whose book it will be. It’s already one of my most anticipated releases of 2018.

-- My honest review is based on an advanced reader copy of this book. --
Profile Image for Beatriz.
817 reviews697 followers
August 18, 2020
No me decepcionó como he leído que le ha pasado a otros lectores. Tampoco puedo decir que me haya fascinado, de hecho, mantengo las dos estrellas con que valoré las dos entregas anteriores. Sin embargo, es el libro más emotivo de los tres y donde se revelan la mayoría de los secretos que rodean la vida de Lachlan, aunque muchas de las situaciones las sentí encajadas a presión.

En resumen, una trilogía que pasa sin pena ni gloria, en la que sus personajes, su evolución y la relación que forjan nunca me convencieron: demasiadas actitudes contradictorias (los personajes nunca se ponen de acuerdo entre lo que dicen y hacen). Su principal mérito es que se lee rapidísimo.

Absolutamente prescindible.

Reto #30 PopSugar 2019: Un libro por un autor cuyo nombre y apellido empiecen por la misma letra
Profile Image for aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog.
416 reviews281 followers
December 9, 2017
Sinful Empire is the conclusion I have been anticipating since Defiant Queen. Lordy! Meghan March made an impression out of this trilogy that every release made me ecstatic to read the book. Gah! I love it! Lachlan Mount is and always will be my obsession. And...Sinful Empire? This conclusion owned and consumed me! Gah! The rollercoaster ride I had with Lachlan Mount and Keira Kilgore did not just entertained me, the book was etched in my system. Days after I finished the book, I can still feel them. Damn! It's so hard to let go of these characters and their journey. I love them so much to deepest core of me.

To say that I devoured their journey was an understatement because what I did was more than that. I had so much pleasure reading the book. It was more than engaging. Meghan March redefines page turner with Sinful Empire. I was like a mad woman flipping from page to page only to find out I was hitting The End. Boy, how much I love this finale and I want more from them. You see, I more than inhaled, breathed and savored this trilogy. I dropped everything to read the book and Meghan March delivers as always. It was FANTASTIC! Lachlan and Keira just became my favorite Meghan March characters to date.

Yes, you read it right. They were just brilliantly portrayed by Meghan that they topped my favorite Meghan characters. I love the passion and the fire that burned with this two. The thrill,  the darkness, the exchange of power, the possesiveness coupled with deep feelings that emanates from them and the eroticism that lies beneath was intense. I was grabbed the moment I read the first word. I was even in deep the moment truths were revealed. Gah! I was so in love with Lachlan that being obsessed with him was an understatement. He's it for me! Paired up with Keira and I am all in. They just fitted perfectly. Their journey was one that has feels seeping through the pages and I am talking about rollercoaster of feels. My heart was on fire it was burning! With it's length, their journey is condensed that it will stay with me for a long time. Ahhh... how I was so obseseed with this explosive as sin finale and it guts me that it finally ends.

Overall, I highly recommend this book. Read the whole trilogy because I am sure you too will not be only obsessing Lachlan and Keira and their rollercoaster journey. You will be obsessing Meghan March's words too. She's brilliant and her words are epic! Her imagination is stellar that you'll be devouring it from start to finish.

Great job Meghan! As always, you made me in awe of you! I love this trilogy so much!
Lachlan and Keiran for the win!
December 20, 2017

Lachlan Mount is completely alpha male and in this third and final part he continues to exude the power, control, intensity, and charisma he depicts so perfectly in the previous two parts. He is super, super sexy and convincingly shows the passion he feels towards Keira Kilgore, the heroine at the heart of this story. Their journey together takes twists and turns, highs and lows with never a dull moment. It’s an addictive read and, at times, kept me on the edge of my seat.

An exciting, sexy, dynamic final part. Sinful Empire strips back all the layers of the narrative to reveal the why, the how and the who. Everything is explained and makes total sense in terms of plot and motivation making this a very satisfying read for me.

NOTE:-
This trilogy should most definitely be read in the following order:
#1 Ruthless King
#2 Defiant Queen
#3 Sinful Empire

This advanced copy was provided in exchange for an unbiased opinion. No type of compensation was made. There is no relationship/affiliation between the reviewer and the author/publisher.
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,101 reviews1,250 followers
December 20, 2017
An epic thrilling conclusion!!! Meghan March has once again wowed her readers as she kept readers enthralled and riveted. Sinful Empire was everything you expected and so much more. This book was definitely an experience that bombarded you with romance, suspense, grit, and passion. So are you ready to experience why readers are praising and addicted to Meghan March then this series is the book for you.
Profile Image for Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥ .
682 reviews180 followers
4.25 Stars
100% spoiler free

It's been a while since I've read a series that had me this hooked. As soon as I finished Defiant Queen, I needed to get my hands on Sinful Empire. I had all the theories and I wanted to know all the answers.

And the author doesn't keep you waiting for long.

With each revelation, a new puzzle would be thrown at you; keeping you on your toes throughout the whole book. And trying to figure out the who, how, and why was half the fun. I may have gasped as some things were revealed, and whooped when I got a few right.

Wrapped up in all of the intrigue is one of the steamiest romances I've read this year. Mount, an enigmatic badass with his own set of ethics, and Keira, a strong, intelligent businesswoman who gives as good as she gets, make for a formidable and sexy pair.

This is easily one of my favorite series this year. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us in the spin-off, Savage Prince.

Profile Image for Mandy.
1,504 reviews217 followers
December 11, 2017
Wow!!! This was the perfect conclusion to this fantastic series! Twists and turns I didn't see coming, a bit of action and suspense, sexy times and an epic romance! Loved this series so much and highly recommend it!
Profile Image for Jenny - TotallybookedBlog.
1,777 reviews2,010 followers
November 15, 2017
description

Spoiler free review for both Defiant Queen (Book #2) and Sinful Empire (Book #3) – for our review of Ruthless King (Book #1) click here

‘It’s the Mount effect.’

As soon as we finished Ruthless King, we desperately needed the next book! Stat! We wanted to continue the momentum, so it was with a tremendous amount of excitement we found Defiant Queen and Sinful Empire on our Kindles and, of course, we had to dive straight in! With the first two books ending in such a heart stopping manner….we simply couldn’t resist!

‘Revolution is not without bloodshed, and neither is vengeance.’

The Mount trilogy has been one sexy, badass, twisty read, with a sinful, menacing hero and a sultry, tenacious heroine who was more than a match for the ruthless possessive Lachlan Mount! Whilst Mount may have bargained on taming the Irish hellion into submission, he underestimated the strength, determination and sheer will of Keira Kilgore who met him head on at every turn.

,b>‘When I dragged her into the shadows and darkness, I gave no thought to the consequences of my actions beyond the satisfaction I would gain from her submission.’

The chemistry between Keira and Lachlan is again stratospheric! Oh boy, the intense passion and craving radiated off every page practically gave us heat stroke!

In Defiant Queen and Sinful Empire, more of Mounts past is uncovered, and with this we see more of his vulnerable side. There was one scene in particular that was so beautifully written, we felt the character evolve before our eyes, completely understanding this man and his brutal ways.

‘I don’t see the devil in a suit who has the power to turn my body against me and mess with my head. Instead, I see a man who must have fought overwhelming odds to get to where he is today.’

Whilst Mount retains the essence of who he is; a fierce, protective, ruthless and demanding ruler, we are able to get a glimpse beneath the gritty, unapologetic ruthless king façade to what makes him tick, and what set him on his path.

‘Lachlan Mount isn’t a myth or legend. He’s just a man. A dangerous one, certainly, but still a man.’

We’ve really enjoyed this trilogy! The heat, the characters and clever twists kept us glued to our Kindles. A delicious battle of wills between Keira and Mount, danger and obstacles meeting them at every turn, fabulous writing, all wrapped up in an erotic, playful, emotional and suspenseful read ensured the Mount Trilogy was a right tasty page turner!

THE MOUNT TRILOGY is available below

Ruthless King Book #1 available now

Defiant Queen Book #2 available now

Sinful Empire Book #3 Releasing 19th December
Amazon UK

Come visit and follow us at:
TotallybookedBlog
TB on Facebook
TB on Twitter
TB on Pinterest
Profile Image for Janie.
870 reviews68 followers
January 17, 2018
What an awesome conclusion to the series. Keira becomes the badass queen she’s meant to be and of course Lachlan is still the King.

With some unexpected twists and turns, this series was great. I can’t wait to get Temperance’s story. So curious about her H.

Besides this series I’ve only read one other book by this author, something I need to change soon.
Profile Image for Courtney.
1,528 reviews180 followers
December 18, 2017
ALL THE STARS FOR THIS TRILOGY!!!

Let me start this off my saying this has got to be one of my favorite reads this year. Not the book, but the entire trilogy!!! This trilogy is the first I've read by Meghan and she has won me over big time!!

Sinful Empire is the conclusion to Mount and Keira's story. And let me tell you, Meghan keeps on delivering the angst, drama and hotness in this book. There isn't a slow down at any point, if anything, she ramps it up a bit in this one. I devoured this book as quickly as my busy life allowed me to.

The King has finally found his Queen, the one he was never looking for. But their road is definitely not an easy one. It's riddled with bullets, lines being crossed and dead bodies.

"Revolution is not without bloodshed, and neither is vengeance."

I won't go into any of the details on what happens in this book. Just know that this book keeps the pace with the others with regards to the drama, suspense and hot as hell bedroom scenes - actually, I don't think any of their sex scenes are even in the bedroom in this one; but they are damn hot ones! HA! Not only is the action hot and heavy there, but Meghan keeps us on our toes with everything happening around Mount and Keira.

Meghan does a magnificent job of keeping the flow with this one just as enticing and exciting as the previous ones. Yes, these two are finally getting their HEA, but as is their life, it's not without problems. Meghan keeps her characters true to who they are and doesn't change them just because their situations change.

I absolutely love that she doesn't make Mount this pussyfoot man after realizing how much he feels for Keira. He's still a man who stays in the shadows, a ruthless man who delivers pain to those who cross him and that doesn't change just because Keira is in his life now. And Keira is a still fierce woman to reckon with and doesn't become all mushy on Mount because things are building between them. She still pushes him and his men and doesn't back down at all. She's really starting to realize who she is and what power she holds.

Meghan stays true to the story line and her characters throughout the entire 3 books. And that's what makes this trilogy even better. Yes, they finally get their HEA, yet everything is still the same. There isn't one thing that I would change in this whole series/trilogy. I love it!!

I am looking forward to Savage Prince in the coming year!!

Standing "O" Meghan/. ;)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,819 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.