Start by marking “Prophesy (The King & Alpha, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prophesy (The King & Alpha, #1)

Prophesy

(The King & Alpha #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,162 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
An Enemies to Lovers
Shifter, Vampire True Mates story.

Justice Volkov is the youngest Alpha Zenith to ever lead the wolf shifters. Following in his father’s large paw prints was a responsibility he met head on. Now at age thirty-three, he is alpha of the alphas. As a direct descendant of the original Siberian pack, his wolf is bigger and stronger than Justice, himself is so
Published September 23rd 2017 by Via Star Wings Books

Wendy
4-and-a-half-stars.png (716×127)

I love A.E. Via's books. Especially her "Nothing Special" series. The reason I love this author so much, is because when I open one of her books, I know I am guarenteed a hot Alpha and some very nice steam :P

When I found out she was gonna publish a new PNR book.. I squeeled a bit !! This book has not one, but two of my weaknesses... a shifter and a vampire !!! I feel so blessed !!!

tumblr_m984msPs2O1qd2i6x.gif (360×203)

It took me some time to really get into the story. This almost always happens to me with new PNR series, because of
Deborah
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5* Not the book I expected at all.

Firstly I have to say I enjoyed this book, I loved, absolutely loved the cover especially Justice. I liked the two main characters along with all the secondary ones as well and it’s a lovely sweet read so why did I only give 3.5*?

It wasn’t at all what I expected and it completely threw me. From the blurb I’d expected an exciting action filled start to this series.

His packs are his priority. With a human government trying to regulate them, an uprising of rogue
Susan
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is not an action-packed book. The action kind of plays out on the sidelines (with one or two exceptions, but those ended pretty fast). The romance is the main focus of the story. Just how I like it.

Justice is the Alpha Zenith. He is the most powerful Alpha in existence and he is a fair and loved leader.

Wick is the vampire King. He is strict with his vampires and he doesn’t tolerate them misbehaving. But he is also a gentle man, who is more affectionate than any ruler before him.

W
Tanu Gill
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Phew! Finally, I have finished reading it.

The story starts out great. We meet our MCs and we read about how they come together after a short period of misunderstandings and unwillingness. Then we read about their passion, their coming together, how their love grows.

In the background, the author keeps telling us about what a critical situation has brought them together, how the Mother had given them both complementing powers so as to make them perfect for each other, and so on. But the main focus
Barbara➰
Via has created a new world where vampires and shifters live openly among humans. But there's always that underlying hostility between the vampires and shifters. Both races believe myths and half-truths about the other. But the Mother knows what is best when she brings Justice and Wick together to save both of their people and the humans too.

This was a sweet mate story once Justice got his head out of his ass. What is with the whole denial thing??? I wanted to bitch slap him into next week. Than
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Felt so let down*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

First thing first: never, ever have high expectations or hopes for a book. Here I went in hoping and thinking that we'll get alpha males, but I only got a soft vampire king and a somewhat alpha male shifter. I had expected both of them to be some serious alpha males like the blurb told us there would be. Let's just say I was disappointed. I was hoping for some Kristen Ashley alpha males, but why do I do that to myself? There'll probably never be that kind of
haletostilinski
Chris
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal
3.5 stars for the first book in this series. This was an enjoyable read - Justice the wolf Alpha and Wick the Vampire / shifter King. An unusual pairing according to their worlds but these two were clearly true mates. While I enjoyed the romance of this story I was surprised by the lack of grit. I figured two leaders who ruled with strength would be involved in more hard core drama and danger rather than situations being softened. I didn't get the vibe of danger at any time and really felt this ...more
Lyn
3.75 sweet and fluffy stars

I'm looking forward to Alek and Bells story!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: 'Prophesy' by A.E. Via 'Prophesy' by A.E. Via is the First Book in the Series "The King & Alpha". This is the story of Justice Volkov and Chadwick ‘Wick’ Bentley. Justice has made leader/ Alpha of his pack and takes the job very seriously. Justice has not time for love or finding his mate. But when he goes to see about what the Government is doing with some rogue shifters he travels to see what is going on. There he ends up meeting Wick who is the King of the Vampires. Wick ...more
Janie
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. A good start to the series. Looking forward to Alek and Bell's story.
Ky
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Prophesy" is a romance between a vampire and a shifter. But that's not all... This is a romance between a vampire king and a shifter Alpha Zenith (who is basically the Alpha of all Alphas).

A few months ago I read another book by AE Via and I can't say I was impressed by the story. This time though it worked! The characters where macho and possessive in this one too but they were also creatures of some other universe. They were true mates and experienced things in a different way than humans do.
Kazza
Aug 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
This sounded so promising but I didn't like it.
Wooden writing.
Wooden characters. Justice was not an MC I could take to.
There was a lack of depth in world building and background - the author said that may come in further instalments but I expect it from the get-go in paranormal/shifter reading.
My feelings are of utter disappointment but you cant like them all.
Bo
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all things A.e. Via. I have yet to read a book by her I didn't absolutely adore. I won't lie...there were a few editing issues, but I love her characters so much. Everything she has written, I have read a dozen times. I can't wait for the next one!
Amanda
Prophesy got all the usual cliche moment for any PNR with both shifters and vampires. The ability to recognize their 'true mate', the possessive declaration of 'Mine!', the insta-love/lust and whatever you expect in a PNR. But it works for me because these are what makes me a fan of PNR and honestly is hard to find a good M/M PNR. They are either too fluffy or too much emphasize on the politics and lack of romance. Prophesy manage to appear serious with emphasis on romance and didn't dwell too m ...more
Rissa
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, own, shapeshifter-s
I am ecstatic that A.E. Via is writing a werewolf/vampire pairing. My mind is blown. September 23 can't come soon enough!!!

Having been so excited by this book I admit to being a bit disappointed. As A.E. Via's first foray into the m/m paranormal world, Prophesy, has potential but I feel it could have been so much more. Information was promised in this instalment but I feel like I did not get much worthwhile information. I also felt like not much was done with the information given. What bothered
Claude
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book 😂😂😂. It was so bad (like really) BUT so funny that I loved it!! This is the first chapter of a new saga "The king and Alpha" and it really sounds fun! In this book we met many of the principal characters so we can think about the other lovers 😊. We met Justice aka Alpha Zenith (😂😂 I find this surname so funny everytime someone called him like that) and he's so impressive...like he can do anything (his growling can stop an army you know 😂). He's pretty bad ass, confident, powerful (I ha ...more
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Shelves: arc, 2017, m-m, paranormal
4.25 stars.

When I started reading this, I was so not expecting to get what I got. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought. I loved her Nothing Special series so yes, as excited as I was to read a brand new series by AE, I was also very hesitant. I'd never read any paranormal by her before.

The main focus of this was romance and all the action was second to it. Not that there was a lot. There wasn't. And I really enjoyed it that way. The characters were well written, the story flowed well for m
Marion
4.25 Stars!
I absolutely loved this shifter/vampire story that is also the beginning of a new series. This one featured Justice, the Alpha Zenith (the Alpha of the Alphas) and his true mate Wick, King of the Vampires.
This story had heart, humour, romance and lots of heat.
I will definitely be reading the rest of the series!
Highly recommend.
Steph ☀️
It was good, quick read. Felt like it could have been so much more. IMO the relationship between the two MCs ended with an HEA, but the story itself with a HFN. I am looking forward to what comes next.
Liv
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in the most amazing book hangover EVER !!! Please tell me there is more to come in this series.
I loved A.E. Via's Blue Moon, Nothing Special & Bounty Hunters series, so when I saw a pre-order for a new book of hers it was an automatic 1-Click for me.

Justice & Wick are not your average paranormal couple, The Vampire King & The Alpha Zenith were always going to have issues and challenges to overcome... but i didn't see the twist the author gave Wick for us....

A.E. Via used her m
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

4.5 Stars

I loved this one!

This is an absolutely riveting start to a new series that sees one of my favourite authors dipping her toes into the paranormal world – actually she didn’t just dip her toes she dived fully in and the results speak for themselves – Prophesy is not only a great story but it sets us up for what looks to be a fantastic series.

Justice is your typical Alpha wolf in a lot of ways and his astonishing power as the Alpha Zenith can literally stop everythi
Kyuteepie
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it

It had a strong beginning, the middle was all about the mating that I enjoyed reading about, but the problem at the end was solved far too quickly. Still I'm curious to read about the second couple.
Victoria  love books
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wolf-vamp, shifters
I soooooooo loved this book!!!!

Major book hangover !!!!!!!!!

Wolf shifter MATED to a VAMPIRE what's not to LOVE???
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Prophesy' by A.E. Via is the First Book in the Series "The King & Alpha". This is the story of Justice Volkov and Chadwick ‘Wick’ Bentley. Justice has made leader/ Alpha of his pack and takes the job very seriously. Justice has not time for love or finding his mate. But when he goes to see about what the Government is doing with some rogue shifters he travels to see what is going on. There he ends up meeting Wick who is the King of the Vampires. Wick is immediately attracted to Justice and ...more
Svenja
I enjoyed it too much to give the book only 2 stars, but it barely comes to 3 stars - sadly. I expected so much more from this. The beginning was promising and I liked the characters, but then everything fell into place way too fast and there were no real obstacles to get around etc.

Problems were solved rapidly and sometimes off-page and that was that. Feels to me like missed potential. Also...I liked the very sudden introduction of the next couple, but the preview at the end took the excitemen
Darlene
There hasn't been a book of A.E. Via's that I haven't liked and her "The King & Alpha Series" is another great series. Even though she hasn't written a paranormal book, this is excellent for her first!

The sex is hot, the action is thrilling and the thought of vampire and alpha wolf being true mates is phenomenal. If you love Via's writing, you'll love this book and if you haven't given her a try, please do. You will not regret it.
Mimi

Excellent, excellent first attempt at MM paranormal.

Wick and Justice are great characters to begin this next amazing series from A.E. Via. I'm ready for part 2 Bell and Alexis nooooow!!!

Highly recommend for those who love this author already and for those that love shifter novels.
Raj
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
With so many shifter themed stories floating around it sometimes takes an exceptionally well written one to snatch my attention and hold it.And this one has captivating embossed all over it's cover making me grateful for 2 things being:

a)It is not an impreg tale.
b)It is part of a series.
Zainab
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites
Ok, so this is officially is one of my favorites m/m paranormal stories ever!

so let's start:

- the characters: I loved them all, even the secondary ones, I loved the bond between the shifters, and also the respect in the vampires world, I love how accepting both of them were! However, sometimes I forgot that Wick was king.
Every single page I was reminded that Justice is alpha, though.

- the plot: loved it! The whole thing! I really like that mythical world that's been created in this book and can
A.E. Via is an author in the beautiful gay romance genre and also founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books. Her writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to spicy to scandalous. Her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.

When she's not clicking away at her laptop, she devotes herself to her family--a husband and four childre
“Justice, you can’t fight his challenger, but you can choose a champion for him. I will fight for Wick. Let me tear that ugly heffa’s head off.” 1 likes