Start by marking “Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)

Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)

Enemy of the world, cursed by all, Sungchul Kim goes on a quest to prevent the ‘Prophecy of Calamities’ from coming to pass.

But no matter how much he raised his strength, there were still some things he could not achieve with physical strength alone; Facing the Devil King of the 'Other World', Sungchul is forced to accept this fact.

Resolving to obtain the power of magic,
Published August 3rd 2017 by Oppatranslations, LLC

Akemi Ashiuchi
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I went into this book pretty cleanly with no real expectation (I was bored) and I got taken by surprise. Here is your everyday, overpowered, MC who suddenly finds himself unable to defeat his enemy without something new. Magic.
It's not the first time I've read about OPed MC, taking Darkness Rising for instance, or One Punch Man for the anime fans. Now having said this, there has always got to be something engaging about the MC if you expect us to feel anything for the powerful SOB. In
Doris Lund
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is even He strong enough?

Truly an interesting and original story. I am looking forward to the next one. Balance is a good way to describe this book. One truly over balanced by his strength yet with tasks still eminently difficult. I was also interested in learning how the author and many others it takes to translate this book into English. Remarkable!
Joey
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

I liked it that really is about all there is to say though i am going to do a little research, if it's written by someone born here in the states he uses a fair amount of Asian idioms and such, and if it's a translation...eh I've read worse. At least this one i am looking forward to the next installment.
Johnny
Aug 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just not good.

I didn't finish this, made it to 34% before I have up.
I didn't like anything about this book except that the editing was too notch.
The story itself was sub par. Nothing was done to try and make the MC s likeable character.
Dropped this series and honestly can't even see a glimpse of what others like about it.
Shannon Wolf
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little different, but still a fun story

Not sure why, but the Korean version of xianxia stories are just a bit different. Not in a bad way, but noticeable. It might have been just me, but it messed with the immersion into the story. Still, I enjoyed the storyline and look forward to the next in the series.
An  Xin
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome fantasy/adventure novel, the main character starts out strong but he struggles with many obstacles in his path, he has been through hell and back and has become a lone wolf after being betrayed countless times. I couldn't put it down, it is extremely entertaining.
Taneli Aitola
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Enemy Of The World was Amazing. At first you have that overwhelming guy who radiates an oppressive presence, but then you see all these restrictions limiting him. The story is awesome and I sure as hell want the a second part as soon as possible.
Lonnie Trout
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who has a problem with too much power?

The main character falls a little flat as his interactions are just way two dimensional...but I have always liked overpowered themes so I give this one a thumbs up.
Charles Applewhite
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
OP Character becomes more so

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The main character is obsessed with strength and becoming stronger, even if he is already unstoppable. I would love to have more background, but the basics are there. Looking forward to the second book.
Christian Jeffress
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Enjoyable

I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with a great main character and awesome world building. I am very much looking forward to the second book in the series.
Brent Voigt
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I'm sure if you're reading this review, you've already read others...this is a fantastic read. The pace is awesome, the plot is well thought out, the main character is everything you want, etc.

If you don't read this: -5 strength and cursed with erectile dysfunction.
Michael
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Main character was boring

The character never grew. Interesting world but never really delved into it. Pretty much a demi god doing what he wanted to get what he wanted and never at risk or thinking about how to change
Jacob Hinton
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg
Took a little bit to get into it but once I really committed to reading the book I enjoyed it. Will read the next one whenever it's available.
jeff prouty
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😺

Very good storyline. I had me enjoyed back to do the most simplest of things. Definitely looking forward to a second book.
Michael Cowan
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great translation

I am impressed with this book. Korean books are hard to translate, but this one was a great read. Good story.
Andy Woods
Great

Good book to read

Very thought out

Excellent story

Can't wait for the next one

Definitely suggest you read it
Craig W Ferguson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my normal fare.

Very much a long form Manwha. The plot is straightforward, but I do like it. I think the background of the main character could use more screen time,
Edmund
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I love every minute. I hope you come out with a beginning story of Kim's past!!! That would be great. Patiently waiting for the sequel
Jason Isaacs
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This is the first review I have ever written despite reading hundreds of books just so I could rate this five stars.
Paps
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, demons
Great story so far, I lie the fact that even though the hole world oppose the MC he still walking onward on his mission.
Pyro
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read so far in the story. Love everything about this novel. Would recommend everyone to give it a try.
Raja Maulana
Jul 12, 2018
Ovidiu Pacuraru
May 20, 2018
  • If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord: Volume 1
  • Unholy Empire (Chronicles of the Host #2)
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?] Vol. 2
  • Infernal Parade
  • Eternal Empire, Vol. 1
  • Lost Gods
  • Armed In Her Fashion
  • Union of Renegades (The Rys Chronicles #1)
  • Spymaster (The Dragon Corsairs, #1)
  • The Dead Seekers (Dead Seekers, #1)
  • とつくにの少女 5 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 5] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #5)
  • A Human Stain
  • Food of the Gods (Gods and Monsters: Rupert Wong #1-2)
  • Les Enfants de la Baleine #1
  • Porcelain: A Gothic Fairy Tale (Vol I)
  • Blood of the Four
  • Wizard Defiant (Intergalactic Wizard Scout Chronicles, #1)
  • The Bartered Brides (Elemental Masters, #13)