Start by marking “Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)

Enemy of the World

(Main Character Hides His Strength #1)

Enemy of the world, cursed by all, Sungchul Kim goes on a quest to prevent the ‘Prophecy of Calamities’ from coming to pass.

But no matter how much he raised his strength, there were still some things he could not achieve with physical strength alone; Facing the Devil King of the 'Other World', Sungchul is forced to accept this fact.

Resolving to obtain the power of magi
Published August 3rd 2017 by Oppatranslations, LLC

Start your review of Enemy of the World (Main Character hides his Strength, #1)
Akemi Ashiuchi
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I went into this book pretty cleanly with no real expectation (I was bored) and I got taken by surprise. Here is your everyday, overpowered, MC who suddenly finds himself unable to defeat his enemy without something new. Magic.
It's not the first time I've read about OPed MC, taking Darkness Rising for instance, or One Punch Man for the anime fans. Now having said this, there has always got to be something engaging about the MC if you expect us to feel anything for the powerful SOB. In
Doris Lund
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is even He strong enough?

Truly an interesting and original story. I am looking forward to the next one. Balance is a good way to describe this book. One truly over balanced by his strength yet with tasks still eminently difficult. I was also interested in learning how the author and many others it takes to translate this book into English. Remarkable!
Joshua
May 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
What magic?

The title and premise is a complete sham. The MC learns one spell over 60% through the book. A basic spell at that. And that's it. He gets books for other ones to learn with much higher stats, or so it's implied. But the whole book is a false premise.
Sylvia Rangel
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gamelit
Good story but

It was like reading a cartoon at first. There was no heart. The sentence structure was very Asian, obviously translated. But because the story was interesting I will continue with this series.
Johnny
Aug 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just not good.

I didn't finish this, made it to 34% before I have up.
I didn't like anything about this book except that the editing was too notch.
The story itself was sub par. Nothing was done to try and make the MC s likeable character.
Dropped this series and honestly can't even see a glimpse of what others like about it.
Michael
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Main character was boring

The character never grew. Interesting world but never really delved into it. Pretty much a demi god doing what he wanted to get what he wanted and never at risk or thinking about how to change
Lonnie Trout
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who has a problem with too much power?

The main character falls a little flat as his interactions are just way two dimensional...but I have always liked overpowered themes so I give this one a thumbs up.
Christian Jeffress
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Enjoyable

I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with a great main character and awesome world building. I am very much looking forward to the second book in the series.
Taneli Aitola
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Enemy Of The World was Amazing. At first you have that overwhelming guy who radiates an oppressive presence, but then you see all these restrictions limiting him. The story is awesome and I sure as hell want the a second part as soon as possible.
Russell Gray
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, gamelit
It was refreshing to hop back into a gamelit/litrpg story after a few weeks, but other than scratching many of the usual itches, the story didn't show me anything new. I think your enjoyment of this might be inversely related to how many other gamelit stories you've read as well as isekai anime you've seen. There was absolutely nothing new here, but it was what I was in the mood for and I don't feel like I wasted my time.

The translation and editing could use some work. The prose is functional, b
John Wiff
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read

At times, I was confused by how the rhythm of flow of words seemed to twist, but after I discovered that the author had it translated into English, it made more sense. The overall theme was interesting, although I will admit the idea of the protagonist being all powerful in every aspect except for magic initially was offputting.
However, once other characters started to interact, and the intrigue and plot weaving seemed to thicken, I found that the story became more enjoyab
Roberto Flores
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one got complicated, the review not the book.

I was going to give this three stars at first. It was a good story but has some problems. An OP main character and numerous grammatical issues involving syntax that made it difficult to read. But as I continued to read I found the book becoming more intriguing and more compelling. By the time I finished I was hooked and then every issue I had was addressed by the author in the afterword. The author was aware of the issues and was dealing with it
Devan
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I really enjoyed this. The author understands how to write a book with an OP protagonist. He did so by setting him the limitation of not being able to use his powers!! Instead he has to solve most his problems with his brain.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well this was translated. After reading so many Russian GameLit translations I have come to expect subpar English versions. This had at most a couple errors. Really enjoyed this book!
Joey
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

I liked it that really is about all there is to say though i am going to do a little research, if it's written by someone born here in the states he uses a fair amount of Asian idioms and such, and if it's a translation...eh I've read worse. At least this one i am looking forward to the next installment.
Shannon Wolf
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little different, but still a fun story

Not sure why, but the Korean version of xianxia stories are just a bit different. Not in a bad way, but noticeable. It might have been just me, but it messed with the immersion into the story. Still, I enjoyed the storyline and look forward to the next in the series.
Chip Wilson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Enemy of the World

Even though Sungchul doesn’t speak that much he’s an endearing character. Many people do not like stories with overpowered characters but I liked the way the MC overcame most of his problems with cleverness and just by talking things through. There is a lot to like about the world built in this story and I would like to read more.
Bigiron60T
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great adventure

Great book that manages world building without excessive descriptions. An over powered main character that l look forward to reading more of. First time reading a Korean book converted to a western taste. Felt right to me. Only time I read something that seemed out of place was a single ‘Ara’. Which I think translates to ‘me-o-my’ or something like that.
Richard Crossan
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fairly Interesting

While some of the writing seemed to be a little stunted that could be due to differences in the original language style. The overall story was pretty good although I'd have liked to see a bit more depth to some of the side characters. All in all an enjoyable read
Lucas Grant
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story but a tough read

So I gave this a four star because it's a Korean translation and I know how much work had to go into this. However it is a pretty hard read, so a lot of this is up to the reader but the story itself is interesting enough that I enjoyed it. Definitely won't be for everyone though.
Anais
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome fantasy/adventure novel, the main character starts out strong but he struggles with many obstacles in his path, he has been through hell and back and has become a lone wolf after being betrayed countless times. I couldn't put it down, it is extremely entertaining. ...more
Brent Voigt
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I'm sure if you're reading this review, you've already read others...this is a fantastic read. The pace is awesome, the plot is well thought out, the main character is everything you want, etc.

If you don't read this: -5 strength and cursed with erectile dysfunction.
Charles Applewhite
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
OP Character becomes more so

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The main character is obsessed with strength and becoming stronger, even if he is already unstoppable. I would love to have more background, but the basics are there. Looking forward to the second book.
Davis W. Edwards
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A really good adventure with wuxia and litrpg parts

Something is rotten in the Other World and the toughest, meanest man in the world isn’t happy about it. The problem is that he needs some magic to fix things, and that means the readers get to go on an adventure with him.
Jacob Santos
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and Brutal

This book is a hidden gem and definitely worth the read. The litrpg elements are on the light side but they do exist. Even with an OP main character, the story makes sense.
Tom
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

This was a good take on the over powered cliche. The translation from the Korean original was well done. The author was able to draw me into the world and keep me immersed from start to finish.
Pyro
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read so far in the story. Love everything about this novel. Would recommend everyone to give it a try.
Edmund
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I love every minute. I hope you come out with a beginning story of Kim's past!!! That would be great. Patiently waiting for the sequel
Skye
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Good book to read

Very thought out

Excellent story

Can't wait for the next one

Definitely suggest you read it
Jacob Hinton
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: litrpg
Took a little bit to get into it but once I really committed to reading the book I enjoyed it. Will read the next one whenever it's available. ...more
Craig W Ferguson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my normal fare.

Very much a long form Manwha. The plot is straightforward, but I do like it. I think the background of the main character could use more screen time,
Goodreads Librari...: Update Book 1 cover and description 2 26 May 31, 2020 04:41PM

• Force Cultivation (The Heavenly Throne, #1)
  • The First Tower (Tower of Damnation #1)
  • A Bond Broken (The Infinite World, #2)
  • First Sorcerer (Singularity Online, #1)
  • Mark of the Founder (Beastborne Chronicles #1)
  • Arcana (Tower of Damnation #2)
  • Land of Magic (Dragon Heart, #6)
  • Warrior Forsworn (Silver Fox & The Western Hero #3)
  • The Way of the Force (The Heavenly Throne, #2)
  • The Academy: A Cultivation Novel (The Mage of Shadows, #1)
  • The Dungeon Slayer (The Dungeon Slayer #1)
  • Rewind (Pyresouls Apocalypse, #1)
  • WIEDERGEBURT: Legend of the Reincarnated Warrior: Volume 4 (Wiedergeburt, #4)
  • Land of Demons (Dragon Heart, #7)
  • Battleborne
  • Aether's Guard (Aether's Revival, #2)
  • Tears of Alron (The Alchemist, #3)
  • Land of The Enemy (Dragon Heart, #8)

Main Character Hides His Strength (2 books)
  • Demon Realm (Main Character Hides His Strength #2)