Start by marking “Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life” as Want to Read:
Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life

Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life

The author of Change Your Life in 30 Days and Fearless Living confronts that nagging question from the inside out.

As a Life Coach on the Emmy Award-winning daytime reality show Starting Over, Rhonda Britten has helped countless women befriend their bodies-first by encouraging them to face and accept what they see in the mirror, and then by empowering them to make healthi
Published March 6th 2007 by TarcherPerigee (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Do I Look Fat in This?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do I Look Fat in This?

Lain
Nov 30, 2007 rated it liked it
I do not watch TV, so I was not familiar with her work on "The Starting Over House" until I read this book. I had caught the show once or twice while traveling, so I quickly made the connection between the life coach I'd seen, and the author. Rhonda writes in a personal, easy-to-read style that makes her readers feel like she's sitting down with them over a skinny latte at the local Starbucks. She puts up no pretensions, and readily shares her less-than-glamorous personal history and struggles. ...more
Kate
Mar 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coaching, self-help
I read this book with a group of women, and we discussed each chapter a week at a time. I highly recommend approaching the book this way, as there are a number of practical suggestions in the book that are worth trying for a week, and then discussing to see what worked and what didn't.

I don't think this is a book you can sit down and read in one fell swoop and expect to get results. It's one that takes time and commitment, which I understand isn't for everyone. But I've reaped a lot of rewards
Joy Weese Moll
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers who want a healthier body image and a healthier body
Rhonda Britten was a life coach on the reality TV series Starting Over during the time this book was written and published. She has written several other books beginning with Fearless Living in 2001. In Do I Look Fat in This?, Britten covers the issue of body image and weight. The book is part memoir, part self-help.

Many more thoughts about clothes designed for women without curves and other body image issues on my blog: Book Review: Do I Look Fat in This? by Rhonda Britten
Janie
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I liked that this is a book about processes, not results.

The writing isn't the best, but the ideas are strong. It's not "here are the right things to do to get your body beautiful" it's "here are the right things to do to treat your body the right way. don't abuse your body because it has x and not y, and find a b and c ways to love it."
Alona Perlin
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The author is very relatable and it feels like you're talking to your best friend when you read it. Some of the advice is not new, however, a lot of points get through to you and also the written exercises are effective. I met the author and her books reflect her relatable, honest and heart-warming personality! I can't wait to read her other books.
Lori
Jul 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Everyone has body image issues and this book is a great start at understanding yours and taking the first steps to healing the negative attitudes towards our bodies that hold us back and hinder our happiness.
Rakisha
Mar 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
It referenced her now cancelled talk show too much to be effective for me, but others might benefit from the message.
Vanessa
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
Self help book that was almost inspired. Written by “Starting Over” lady which was interesting to find out. Did it help me get over my body issues? No. Nothing really new in this book.
Jamie