Start by marking “Because of Him” as Want to Read:
Because of Him

Because of Him

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  624 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
A new standalone contemporary romance novel from USA Bestselling Author, Terri E. Laine.

Past and present intertwine with light and dark to tell a story ...Because of Him

Something inside me fiercely craves normal.
Sheltered all my life and taught to be afraid, I want to be bold, fearless.
Up until now I've kept myself and my heart safe.
Tade Astor, a guy so hot he steals my
Published September 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Because of Him, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Because of Him (stand-alone). Mystery, suspense, violence, danger, secrets & hot college romance!

“I longed to know her in a way that was painful and bone deep. I hoped by the end, I could walk away unscathed.”

Go in blindly and you will be treated to a seductively steamy, yet sweet college romance about being swept off your feet by the hottest guy in school on a collision course with a dark, tragic, violent and unfolding mystery.

College senior and heir Tade Astor is everything I
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This review will be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it. As soon as I started this I found it hard to put down, it was inhaled in record time. Such a unique, different, suspenseful twisty turny, unputdownable read that had me racing through the pages trying to reach the end. I've only read one other by this author which I really enjoyed so I knew I'd fall in love with this story also and she didn't disappoint. I highly recommend this.

BECAUSE OF HIM Is a standalone contemporary romance
Jenny
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I went into this just knowing that it was good and kept your attention. Obviously I was in love with the model on the cover. I've loved past books by this author and one of my all time reads she cowrote with another author. So yeah, I'm gonna read it. And I am so glad I did💗

I'm going to be vague in my review to ensure I don't give much away on the story line. But here's the thing,

Tade Astor is one of those men that seem to have all woman gravitate towards him. He's beautiful, gorgeous, cocky, ye
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4.5 captivating stars ❤

What a brilliant story, they storyline was unique and interesting.I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn't put it down.I was mesmerized by Reagan and Tade's story.

Both Tade and Reagan's characters were well developed.Trade is charming,sweet,protective and sexy.Reagan isn't easy with him, she tries to stay away but she can't.I loved her strength and she is also sweet.

This is a light read but also in some parts dark.If you are looking for something different then try
Alex ♈
Sep 07, 2017 marked it as dnf
Rebecca Woodward
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Five Brilliant Stars!!

Wow!! This story was tantalizing from start to finish. This is no ordinary love between two people. The Author goes way beyond what you'd expect. I was jaw opening, heart melting and jumping for joy. The story takes you into some dark moments and makes you angry. And then has you sighing with relief. The ending was mind blowing. If your a fan of Pepper Winters writing you will definitely enjoy this dark tale. Beware if you have triggers of kidnapping and human trafficking
Jill
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly executed! From beginning to end, the character development, flow of story, and secretive twists are so captivating, you won't want to put the book down.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "I can't handle my emotions right now" Stars!!!!!

MY FREAKING MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!!!!! WHAT? HOW? I MEAN! I CAN'T! I just can't deal with my emotions. In all the things that are holy, this book blew it out of the water. I was so consumed in this story and in these characters. I couldn't put my kindle down! There was so many twists and turns that I had no idea what was going to happen next. I was at the edge of my seat, clutchi
Ashley
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the best book I've read all year.

Beta read. Full review to come

Dilek VT
Sep 08, 2017 marked it as nope
Shelves: my-trigger
Beware of my spoilers if you want to read the book and be surprised.

Read my spoilers if you have safety issues.

I might try to stand all the bad things that happened to her when she was so so young such as the (view spoiler) but (view spoiler) is too much for me.

Nope... Pass!
Jan
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspence
Darkness & light, sweet & sour, past & present, a delicious recipe.

Because of him is full of mystery and suspense. You are captivated from the very beginning of this story . The story of a girl taken, sold, abused, its dark and raw then there's the present a girl who just wants to study, get on with her life with no complications.

There's a gradual build up as the two eventually entwine keeping you wondering, guessing as to what will unfold.

The present: Reagan first meets Tate at a
Kelly - Words We Love By
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terri E. Laine brings you nonstop suspense and romance in her latest tale of how two people can overcome anything when you believe in each other and love.
Tade is destined to become the next greatest lawyer or politician. While Reagan is trying to make it through college without her mom going batshit crazy on her. God forbid she finds out about the relationship she is developing with Tade. Both have obstacles to overcome along with trying to deal with a new relationship and demanding parents.
Som
Addicted2Books
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

description

Regan captivated jaded Tade. He becomes infatuated and falls for the girl with pink streaks in her hair. Her innocence isn't something that comes around often.

Sidenote- Regan and Tade need their very own soundtrack.

Another Terri Laine book I became obsessed with and couldn't put down. I felt what the characters were feeling! I didn't want their adventure to end! Yes, at first the plot seems complicated and difficult to follow, but I was hooked! I couldn't wait to discover out how their love sto

* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Because Of Him Stars ~

Ok I am going to warn you right off the bat, this review is going to be very vague and probably on the shorter side. I can’t really talk about the storyline at all, because I am afraid I will spoil something and that wouldn’t be good.

Because Of Him was nothing like what I expected going into when I chose to read this book. Now that isn’t a bad thing, just a surprising thing. This story had me on the edge o
Crystal
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Because of Him is a dark, intriguing, emotional story. The story was really well written and it had so much depth, that it kept me completely captivated from start to finish, I couldn't put it down. The characters were very well developed. I loved Tade and Reagan. The showed true feeling. Best story I have read in a long time!
Carlabulian
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4,5. Livro muito bem escrito, com suspense, romance e um pouco dark. Os personagens principais são inesquecíveis. Porém achei a personagem principal um pouco alheia na história, mas isso não a deixou sem brilho. O final foi corrido, poderia ter extendido mais os acontecimentos. No mais, vale muito a leitura.
Diane plourde
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

OMG this 6 star story is a must read. I have some criterias in order to give a story a 6 star, well this story sports it very well. It was highly addicting. Once I started reading it, I couldn't seem to want to put it down. I just plain devoured it.

I always write spoiler free reviews but this is one of those that needs to stay that way in order for the readers to experience what I did.

This is one of the best stories of 2017. It was well thought out and planned to perfection. An unique storyli
Chanpreet
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't be fooled by the amazing cover, Because of Him is a masterpiece. It's a story that enthralled me from the first page to the last one. I don't even know where to start.

I won't lie and say parts of this book weren't really hard to read. I mean gut wrenching, curling myself into a ball, and letting curse words slip out of my mouth hard. There were some chapters that were brutal, and as I read them, I wished it wasn't real at all but a mental break with reality because no one should have to e
Cindy M. Green
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terri seriously knocked it OUT.OF.THE.PARK with Because of Him! The story of Reagan and Tade are still in my thoughts and imbedded in my heart. We certainly cannot overlook this stunning book cover. Thank you to Terri for providing me with the perfect muse for Tade :)

Once you get past ogling the cover, you quickly realize the heart and depth of this story. There were so many twists and turns in this beautifully crafted romance, you will be sure to devour it in one sitting. I could not put it dow
Debbi
Wow. This story was one of the reasons that I read...no wait, this story defines why I want to read. So much depth, research, heart and soul went into this book. I was immediately immersed into the characters of Reagan and Tade - great names.

I experienced every emotion under the sun during my uninterrupted reading of Because of Him. It had so many layers entwining the devastating pasts of both Reagan and Tade. I can only compare it to the peeling of layers on an artichoke. After each layer is p
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Need a book to sink your teeth into? Because of Him by Terri E. Laine is LIVE!!!
"Top read of 2017" Find out what the fuss is about!!
At the very least you can have this hot cover on your e-reader!
BUY LINKS:
✔Add to your Goodreads TBR: https://goo.gl/vjK6ta
A.M. Hargrove
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Hot Biscuits

This book could not have been any better. The intricately woven plot had me hooked from the beginning and I fell head over heels for Tade and Reagan. I don't believe in telling the story and there are too many twists so I won't give any spoilers. Do yourself a huge favor and read this book. It is spellbinding and your heart will ache at times and at others it will leap with joy. Terri E. Laine knocked it out of the park with this one.
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

An incredible, beautiful story for fall 2017 by USA Bestselling author Terri E. Laine has captured our hearts in Because of Him. This dark and raw story impacted me long after the tale ended and I am sure it will be the same for you. Terri’s words will pull at your heartstrings little by little and by the end you will long for more.

In Because of Him it’s not just about a hot man meets a young woman and they fall madly in love with
Mackenzie Bibliophile
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you see a cover and hard core judge the book behind instantly... that was me me, the moment I saw the cover to Because of Him by Terri E. Laine. That beautiful cover drew me in that I probably would have read it regardless of the storyline. 😂 The cover aside though, Because of Him was so beautiful!

I read it in one sitting, setting it down was not an option because my soul was aching to finish it! It was fast paced and believable. The mix of present and past casts a shadow of mystery and a
Roanne Germaine
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BECAUSE OF HIM is a mix of light and dark contemporary romance about a college student who was closed off to men, when they got too intimate, until a notorious playboy taught her how to love and not be afraid to fall.

There are very sensitive themes in this book that should be read with a really open mind and heart. And my gosh, once I finished reading it, I needed a moment! This was truly a BRILLIANT novel! The transitions per chapter were unpredictable and vibrantly written. I cried and cringed
Shasta Hope
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Avanced Reader Copy of this book!

Wow! Just Wow! Terri E. Laine has me floored. In a fabulous way, she brought a dark story so much light and beauty. The charachters are what always gets me with her books. She digs and claws her ways to the depths of all that matters to bring you a life altering journey. Sacrifice, LOVE, grief, sadness, despair, pain, tragedy and so much more is throughout this story.

Raegan Winters attends her first year at college as a Senior. Being she
Laila Petersen
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing story and plot. I love the characters and their struggle.
I will write that much because of spoilers but the chemistry, drama and passion is fantastic.
The characters develop through the story and it is so well described. This story keeps you captivated from first to last chapter. It is about believing in each other and dare to take the chance.
Tade is the new famous lawyer and Reagan is in college. Reagans has not go the mother to win the mother of the year prize. Tade has also got is
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFUL CAPTIVATING STARS!! Dark, Captivating and Beautiful are the three words to describe this delicious book. I devoured this Book and so hungry for more, I did not want it to end. Make sure you have time to read in one sitting. This book has all the feels and pushes the emotion buttons. Tade is beautiful inside and out, but not looking for a relationship. Reagan is also beautiful and not looking for a boyfriend either. These two bring light into their darkness and learn how to love. This ...more
Juli Hall
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. Everything, the storyline, characters and the emotions and twists. Wow!! I couldn't put it down. This is the first book I've read by Ms. Laine and definitely won't be the last. Highly recommended
Andrea
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
This is one of the most intense books I have read so far!

Dark, twisted, mysterious, told in numerous tiny flashbacks…keeping the tension on an insanely high level…

There is no way you can put this book out of your hands!

The characters are masterly created and utterly plausible in everything they do or think.
The story is thrilling, heart warming and heartbreaking at the same time.

This book deserves many more than just 5 stars and is an absolute must read!
Fifty Shades Supp...: September 2017 BOTM ~ Because of Him by Terri E. Laine 1 52 Sep 01, 2017 07:10AM
Terri E. Laine, USA Today bestselling author, left a lucrative career as a CPA to pursue her love for writing. Outside of her roles as a wife and mother of three, she’s always been a dreamer and as such became an avid reader at a young age.

Many years later, she got a crazy idea to write a novel and set out to try to publish it. With over a dozen titles published under various pen names, the rest
More about Terri E. Laine...

“But because of you, I learned to love and not fear. Because of you, I can be loved and not be tormented. Because of you, I feel like a woman and not a victim.” 2 likes
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness ; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that ." Martin Luther King, Jr.” 0 likes