Start by marking “Deceive (Declan Reede: The Untold Story, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deceive (Declan Reede: The Untold Story, #2)

Deceive

(Declan Reede: The Untold Story #2)

Straighten up, pull it around, and get back on the track.

Declan Reede's life is in a tail-spin. Although he knows what he wants, he can't see the road that will take him there. Wherever he turns, new secrets, lies, and half-truths threaten to send him crashing off-course. To deserve his family, he must fight his past mistakes and prove himself worthy.

But can someone out
Kindle Edition, Alternative cover edition for ASIN B015YBJCU8, 367 pages
Published December 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Deceive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceive

Start your review of Deceive (Declan Reede: The Untold Story, #2)
Raj
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
************MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD************

I would be a bit of a hypocrite if I scored this book,this series anything less than five stars because of my current dislike of the man whore that inhabits it's pages because this author excels at creating angst & drama supreme.

Not to do him a disservice as he is only 23 & at that age authors should refrain from fooling us into believing that an ageless monogamous love exists because it does not,at least not in reality
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5 DECIEVE STARS!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!What the hell????
I've been here staring blankly in my kindle for like hours and I am speechless and wanted to punch someone as in straight in the face!
I couldn't really believe this!!!

So, the story picks up right where Decline left. Declan finally slowly started sorting his self out. Asking help from a shrink.Finally admitting his love to Alyssa and then back. More forgiveness. And then when everything seems to be on track....
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Deceive is the second book in the Untold Story of Declan Reede series. If you haven't read book 0.5 or book 1 than this review will have a few spoilers for you.

We pick up right where we were left hanging in Decline. The author has amazed me with this book as it's better than the first two. I couldn't put this book down.

Declan’s life was spiraling o
Christy
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still love this series!!! I will not spoil this for anyone but the cliff hanger at the end I did not see coming, so now I really need more!!!! In this one I am sick of Declan feeling sorry for himself and crying. I want to scream grow up. But I know its a process in healing. And he has a lot of healing. Just as things start to go his way something always throws a wrench in his plans. Its like he has the worst luck ever.
Danny
OMG! Michelle Irwin is the mother of cliffhangers!!!! If I didn't have the next book already line up on my kindle, I'd definitely lose my entire mind! I can actually feel the panic attacks Declan must be feeling after all this. His life was absolutely crashed. Someone went to great trouble to make his life hell.

I LOVED this book! It was amazing seeing Declan step up and take responsibility for everything and to see him man-up and grow up. It was beautiful to read about it, how he suf
Donna
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Deceive is jam packed with emotions, events, twists, and turns. So much is happening I could barely turn the pages fast enough! Get ready for a roller coaster ride when you read Deceive.

It was nice to see Declan trying to get his life on track. Admitting to himself, and others, he was wrong for what he did was the first real step he has taken on the road to actually becoming a responsible adult. Asking for help was the second. After reading Deceive I'm truly rooting for Declan.
Bloggers From Down Under

**Received for honest review**

So we continue on from book 1 with Declan and Alyssa’s story we were left with a bit of a cliff hanger.

There are so many elements to this book so bear with us as we take you through.

What would you do if the one person you looked up to your whole life deceived you?

He deceived your mother.

Everything he ever told you a lie.

The family you thought you had gone.

Declan discovered that not o
Jennifer Pierson
Dear Michelle Irwin, WHY DID YOU BREAK MY HEART LIKE THAT?! Now that I got that out, I have been waiting for this book to come out forever it seems, and I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! However, the author has climbed up the list of authors trying to kill me for the evil ending. Granted, it takes a special and talented author for me to be this upset, and she's definitely proven that!

My Declan Reede's life is on a severe downward spiral. He knows what he desperately wants, but just doesn't know how to fi
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
OMG Michelle you are killing me!! Don't miss out on this series, they just keep getting better and better!! I wanted to commit acts of violence not only towards my IPad but I wanted to jump into my book and beat the crap out of people. Michelle does a great job of keeping you hooked into her books and you will not want to put it down. This book is full of twists and turns.

Declan is finally owning up to all the crap that he has pulled the last four years and is talking to a shrink to
T.M. Payne
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Deceive: (Declan Reede: The Untold Story #2)
Author: Michelle Irwin
Publication Date: 12/17/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
** May contain spoilers**

Declan is battling so many things at one time. He is having panic attacks and has finally agreed to speak to a shrink. Alyssa wants Declan she always has but he is a freight train going down the wrong track right now. There are so many secrets though in his life and it all revo
Judy Miracle
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHH that ending!!! I need more!! What the hell did i just read??? I seriously wanted to throw my kindle throughout the book and even more at the end of it... It was OH SO GOOD!!!

Deceive starts where Decline ended. Declan is finally owning up to the crap he pulled 4 years ago when he left. Hes trying to mend broken bridges, show Alyssa how much he still loves her and that hes never leaving again, as well as seeing a shrink for his issues. But just when you think things are going to work out.....
Bekah the Awesome
OH. EM. GEE. Read this series. Srsly. Do it.

Just when you think things might finally be making sense, BAM! Michelle has to go push it all halfway off a metaphorical cliff. (THE BLEEPING CLIFFHANGERS, AUTHOR! YOU ARE FIGURATIVELY MURDERING ME RIGHT BLEEPING NOW WITH THESE BLEEPING CLIFFHANGERS YU BLEEPING BLEEPER!!!!!!) I love watching these characters develop. I hate that I can't put this series down. I'm annoyed that sleep keeps getting in the way. I sincerely appreciate that the series is a b
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
SNS Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Kirsty's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Another emotional one from Michelle Irwin. Poor Dec and Alyssa and Phoebe. This family just keeps getting knocked down by people who just won't leave them alone to find the happiness they all deserve. Get the tissues ready you will need them badly!
Amanda Wise
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There aren't enough words for all of the feels in this book. I. can't. even.
Holy. book. hangover....... I don't think I'll be able to read anything else until the next book is out.... :-0
Paula White
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucky enough to Beta read this one, couldn't put it down - loved it! But another CH!!!!!! Roll on book 3 :0)
Alison
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

With the Alyssa back in Declan's life and the daughter he didn't know he had; he will do whatever it takes to earn back their trust. Only Declan Reede has enemies; will they destroy everything?

Declan Reede is back and as loveable, adorable and as sweet as ever. You can't help but fall for this bad boy. Michelle Irwin has come at us with another epic book to Declan's Story; one that has you hooked living the lif
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

DECEIVE continues on from where the previous book left off. Declan has a long way to go before fully earning Alyssa’s trust, but he’s trying to grow up and wants to fix every relationship he’s damaged. He’s getting therapy and is probably being the most honest he has been in years. Unfortunately, he still has an attitude problem and his temper remains on a short fuse, but I guess you can’t expect miracles overnight. That being said, he really goes/>
Belinda O'Brien
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!
Spoiler Alerts below!

Okay, where to start. WOW!! DECEIVE continues on from where DECLINE leaves us hanging. Declan, still has so much to prove to Alyssa, the love of his life. He has to firstly earn her trust if this is going to work. He is trying to do the right thing, he’s trying to grow up and he is trying to re-write the wrongs of his past and all the damage he left behind. He’s in therapy, his panic attacks have increased as he tries to be the most honest he has been in y
Shy
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

And Declan’s story continues. I feel a little off track on how to write this review. I feel like I should edit my first review first… and all because the questions and misgivings I have from the first book was immediately answered at the beginning of this book. It’s as though the author had anticipated that this will happen. Well, she probably did and it’s probably planned to happen that way.

If I like the previous book, I’d say I loved this one. I can see a lot of improvemen
Kristy
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've put writing this review off, I can't seem to find the words to truly express how I felt reading 'Deceive'... After reading 'Decide' & falling in love with what I read, then upon reading 'Decline' I thought I understood just how Declan's story was going to progess, yeah I soon had my hopes blasted away. So starting 'Deceive' I was filled with antici.....pation, totally on edge, & with a hope so strong that everything would be alright, but then I remembered that heart stopping cliffha ...more
EndlessReading
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fan-fricking-tastic instalment in The Untold Story Series, and as always were left with questions as hanging on the very edge teetering over....

We pick up where Decide finished off. Declan is still trying to put his life back together although he is his own worst enemy.
Self healing....this is a road that Declan must take, a road for forgiveness and healing past wounds.
You can feel each and every emotion he is going through and his life is far from easy. It's heart
Jenni Crawford
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. This is a great continuation from the first book. Declan is doing everything he can to get his one true love, Alyssa, back in his life. However, it seems at every corner there is always something trying to stop him. Not only is he fighting for the love of Alyssa, but he's always fighting to get his daughter love and trust. The more we get into this story, the more truths we seem to find when it comes to his family and ...more
Little Birdy Book Blog
“Straighten it up, pull it around, and get back on track.”

Declan Reede may finally have what he’s wanted, but can he keep his promises in check?

Well, Michelle Irwin has done it again! This is a great sequel to Decline, and while Deceive is nothing like Decline (more romance, less hook-ups), I still LOVED every minute of it! It was a quick read, because I COULD NOT put it down. I spent the whole time anxious of what was ahead, knowing a spanner was going to be thrown into the works at some point, and that Declan was pro
Kat
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** Gifted in exchange for an honest review ***

So the story of bad boy Declan Reede continues in Michelle Irwin's New Adult contemporary romance, this is definitely an over 18 book with the profanity and sexual exploits, but for those readers who want a good read where the bad boy has to earn his redemption the hard way, it's a book series they will love.

Alyssa is Declan's first and only love, but he was too young to realise it, when he realises what he has let go, he tri
Janet
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This author is amazing. This is a book I could not put down. I believe this is better than the novella and book one in this series. Again we are taken into the head of Declan, a young man whose dreams got in the way of true love. He is spiraling out of control because of so many factors. His father telling him not to settle down at a young age and follow his dream of being a racer car driver is just one reason he choose to give up on his love, Alyssa. His mistakes are like a train wreck and ...more
Linda Field
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One thing I would say about this series so far is it would make a great movie.
The storyline itself is just movie material.
You have drama , emotions running through it, and car racing which I love car racing in a film.
It's not all about sex, you have a real feeling for the story, it's got a family in it. It has the trials and tribulations of everyday life. You have children, childhood sweethearts, best friends and parents who shock you. It's about working through the stressful situat
United Indie Book Blog
… Holy Batman!!! What a way to kill me!! This is the second full length novel of the series. I recommend reading the other two (Decide and Decline) before reading this story…
Declan is a ProV8 racer with a checkered racing history. He’s now on leave from the team to get his life straight. Heading back to his home town, he is trying to right some of his many wrongs. Especially where Alyssa is concerned.
Be forewarned, this book ends on with one heck of a cliffhanger! I wanted to cry and
Diary of a Book Addict
Okay, let me start by saying that I absolutely love this series.

Never before have I gone from hating a character to loving him then back to hating him again then on to wanting to hug him just before wanting to punch him in the face! Seriously, this guy can be the biggest d**k one minute and then he does something that makes you smile.

Deceive picks up where Decline ended and is jam-packed full of twists and turns and 'I didn't see that coming's.

Every character in this
Jade Rosemarie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I received an ARC for an honest review!***

So. Many. Emotions.
The twists and turns will leave you gasping for air.

I almost passed out when Decline ended.
I. Needed. More.
And Michelle gave it to me.

Picking up where Decline left me hanging on for dear life, Declan is working through his demons, and trying to get his life back on track.
Years after walking away from Alyssa, he realizes what a huge mistake he made.
She's his ONE.

• Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Becoming Somebody (Witness, #2)
  • Deal Breakers (Dealing with Love #1)
  • Bound: A Mafia Romance
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • His First Crush (Firsts, #2)
  • Carnal Risk (Club Altura, #1)
  • That Man Next Door
  • Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)
  • Black Falcon: Complete Series Collection (Black Falcon #1-4)
  • Broken Hill Honor (Broken Hill High #5.5)
  • Bad Girl (Wicked #2)
  • Love, Hate & Us
  • Wicked Girl (Wicked #3)
  • #Jerk
  • Beast
  • Broken Hill Havoc (The Broken Hill High Series #5)
  • Protecting Her: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.

Declan Reede: The Untold Story (5 books)
  • Decline (Declan Reede: The Untold Story, #1)
  • Decipher (Declan Reede: The Untold Story, #3)
  • Declare (Declan Reede: The Untold Story #4)
  • Decode: Declan Reede: The Untold Story #5