Start by marking “Blizzard of Love (Long Valley, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Blizzard of Love (Long Valley, #1.5)

Blizzard of Love

(Long Valley #1.5)

A country boy who hates Christmas for a reason, dammit … When Luke Nash runs into Stetson Miller down at the feed store, he never expects his friend to strong-arm him into spending Christmas at the Miller farm. Luke has no patience for Christmas cheer or Yuletide song. And the rugged cowboy definitely has no desire to kiss a girl under the mistletoe. No matter how infuria ...more
Published November 2016 by Wright's Reads

Erin
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A winter storm that promises to be the storm of the century. A Christmas loving city girl. A Grinch like cowboy that thinks he is fit for the senior's complex (even though he is 26). All of these combine to make a Hallmark Hall of Fame type vibe with lust turning to love pretty quickly since it is a novella.
Cali Jewel
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Will they make it through the Storm of the Century? Can the magic of mistletoe tear down the barriers between them?" Very good questions both of them (don't want to give away the answers but they are fun to read) Luke so needed to get out of a funk that was making him feel 50 vs his actual 26 years. Bonnie was missing her family and looking to find her usual love for Christmas time. These two are so fun to read and loved the descriptions of Long Valley. This story makes be desperate to read the ...more
Kym
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I have enjoyed all of Erin Wright's Long Valley stories and this one is a special treat set at Christmastime! It can certainly be read as a standalone but I really urge you to read the rest of the stories in the Long Valley series - they are all great!

In Blizzard of Love, Luke Nash, a farmer in the Valley who plans on spending Christmas alone, accepts an invitation from his best friend, Stetson ("Stets") Miller to spend the holiday weekend with Stets and his wife, Jennifer. As Luke's best frie
Elaine
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blizzard of Love is such a nice romantic Christmas gift for the reader. This short novel is about Luke and Bonnie, who run into each other (literally at their friends' house over Christmas). Soon they are snowed-in when a big blizzard hits and the power goes out in rural Idaho. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt living in North Idaho, and blizzards can be romantic. time stands still and you can cuddle up (to stay warm of course) by the fire and time stands still for a while. Luke and Bonn ...more
Tracy Sylvester
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was Bonnie and Luke's story. However, for those curious of what's going on with Jennifer and Stetson's relationship and her pregnancy they will enjoy reading this story as well. Bonnie is Jennifer's best friend and former co-worker. Bonnie is an accountant who is unhappy in her job. She gets stuck home for Christmas so Jennifer invites her out to the ranch. When she gets there she finds out she isn't the only invited guest. Stetson had invited his best friend Luke. Bonnie and Luke's first m ...more
Ellen White
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BLIZZARD OF LOVE. By Erin Wright book 2 "Sweet Long Valley"
Christmas at the Miller farm, Luke accepted invite, antsy, and the thought of good cooking. He hated the season, the cheerfulness of the people.
Bonnie, loving Christmas, and wanting to be around people, snow, with all the trimming, accepts Jenn invite. A weekend get away, turns into so much more, a blizzard, and being stranded together. The defensiveness are high can they be broken down, and an end to loneliness for these two. Readers wi
Jennie Fortna
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it

Blizzard of Love is a continuation of Accounting for Love but its the secondary characters who star in this book.

Bonnie and Luke are the best friends of Stetson and Jennifer in Accounting for Love. They have been invited to the ranch for the Christmas holiday...she loves Christmas...he doesn't. Was this a setup to bring them together or was it a coincident?? But what happens when they get stranded in a blizzard? Will they find a way to co-exist or will the heat they generate...melt the
Carole Mckee
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warm and Fuzzy

I love stories that take place in the country, where people live on ranches or farms. This book just makes you feel all warm inside. Luke's friend, Stetson, invites him to spend Christmas with him and his wife, Jennifer. Jennifer I cried her best friend, Bonnie, for Christmas. Although it wasn't planed, Bonnie and Like hit it off, after a rough beginning. Then the blizzard hits, and the four of them, plus Carmelita, the housekeeper, are stuck in the house. Best Christmas ever! Love
Donna
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book in the Long Valley series. I like a series because you get to keep up with the characters you have read about and get a new story also. It is like meeting old friends again. Luke does not like Christmas very much, feels like it is too commercial. When Luke, Bonnie, Stetson, and Jennifer are snowed in because of an unexpected blizzard, Luke begins to think the storm is a blessing in disguise. A few kisses under the mistletoe and Luke is pretty positive Bonnie and he could h ...more
Hanna
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too Short

Erin Wright writes lovely novels. This one is exactly the right length for the story but too short for this reader. One of the things I like best about Wright's books is that she writes the narration as well as the dialogue in the voice of the person through whose eyes we view the particular scene. And her characters have their own unique voices. One of the best romance writers on the market today.
Laura R
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story between the country boy and city girl. Was it planned by Stetson and Jennifer to try and bring Luke and Bonnie together? Or just a happy coincidence that they were both able to visit for Christmas? And of course the weatherman was so off base when he predicted one inch of snow that actually turned out to be a blizzard. It was great seeing more of Carmelita, the Miller's housekeeper/cook. You don't want to miss out on this story.
Nicole Smith
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
This was a nice quick holiday read. It can be read in one sitting. It has the magic of the season for Luke and Bonnie. Their first time seeing each other is very memorable and funny. They're opposites when you first look at it, but there is more then meets the eye. Bonnie's love of Christmas is like mine. I'm that Christmas person in my family. If you're looking fora good story during the holiday season I would highly suggest this one.
Nancy Luebke
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Western Romance. I received this book as a gift and I voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 4.5* Rating. This was a fun short Christmas read. These two characters didn't know what hit them but soon found out about the time the storm hit. Lots going on in this, part of it Christmas fun and a silly dog. Not for the under 18 readers.
Rebecca A. Bamford
Sweet short story

This story Went by too fast but, Bonnie and Luke are trapped together in a blizzard. Stuck with their two married best friends, in The storm of the century, love blooms warm and bright. These two didn’t start out looking for love but a snowed in cabin in the woods with No electricity and the sparks flew. A sweet satisfying love story.
Nati
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luke, Stentson’s best friend, and Bonnie, Jennifer’s best friend, are stuck along with Stentson, Jennifer and Carmelita two days from Christmas due to a huge blizzard little they know that love will sparks between them. A sweet love story in Christmas time. I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily reviewed it.
Gina
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet love story of two people who meet at a friends house and think they would never fall for each other, her being a city girl and he being a farmer. Turns out she hates city life and after getting snowed in they find sparks between them and not just from the fireplace. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Karen Kerr
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book. I want more stories from this series! Thank you Erin Wright for a truly enjoyable read
I liked that it was romantic without too much cursing and overly naughty bits, I can recommend this to my mother without being embarrassed!
Jo
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story, I didn’t know there were two versions of this book. I read the tame version, cute nonetheless. Luke and Bonnie stuck in a blizzard at their friends house, over Christmas. Will sparks fly once the power goes out?
Addam
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
well written, though the authors "degrees of steamyness" makes it hard to follow. i felt robbed of the "romance" potential. no detail was given beyond meeting, touching and kissing...
Cheryl
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this cute Christmas novella. I read it with the box set, but decided to read it again. Great characters with a cute love story.
Joy Lobel
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SWEET COWBOY LOVE

Short but sweet. City girl falls in Love with rancher in a small town. Love at first sight but how to get together. HEA . ENJOY!
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Petra
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Just wished it was a longer story.......
I love Erin's style and how all books are interconnected. You can easily read them as standalone though.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free book and voluntarily chose to review it. An almost clean book. I love when men refuse to think about marriage and tease their married friends. Loved the book.
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke Nash dislikes Christmas but he is invited to his best friend Stetson Miller’s place to celebrate with Stetson and his wife Jennifer who has also invited her best friend Bonnie Patterson who loves Christmas, to come . You will laugh , you will worry, but best of all you will fall in love with this story atleast that is what I did ! I am going to see if there is other ones in this series besides the two I have read .I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Margaret Watkins
Blizzard of Love is a novelette, and can be read in an evening. Despite its length, however, it is a well written entertaining read. Luke and Bonnie's initial meeting is hilarious and a real ice breaker, snow and ice being the defining factor of this book. The connecton between them is palpable in the fish bowl setting with three other people present. When a storm downs the electricity, the small group of people are forced to share a room to preserve heat and candle light. Luke is so certain tha ...more
Ellen White
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BLIZZARD OF LOVE by Erin Wright. This goes along with Accounting for Love by her also. A delightful, funny, story that tests the patience of two people. This story deals with Luke, antsy being on the farm by himself, yet hates Christmas. The noise, cheerfulness of people, is there anything worse, maybe an invite to spend Christmas at a friend's house. If he only knew that a best friend of Jennifer would have invited someone also.
His best friend is Stetson, the cooking of Carmelita won him over.
KimberlyDawn
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke hates Christmas and when his friend convinces him to spend it at the Miller Farm, he's none too happy. Bonnie just adores Christmas, and is excited to spend it at Miller Farm. When these two get together, wow, is it incredible. The chemistry is believable, the story enjoyable. I really loved this book, and definitely recommend it. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Keryth Belvin
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book for an honest review.

I was recently introduced to Erin Wright's books with Accounting For Love and instantly fell in love with her writing. i feel just as strongly about Blizzard Of Love.
In AFL you meet Stetson, Jennifer and Carmelita (she is Stetson's housekeeper that helped raise him).
In BOL you have Luke, Stetson's best friend and Bonnie, Jennifer's best friend. Both Luke and Bonnie happen to be visiting Stetson and Jennifer for Christ
E.A.
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really sweet love story about two people who really didn't like each other at first. After spending time together, and with friends during a Christmas snow storm, they fell in love. It was a quick, fun read and I would definitely recommend it. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Prairie Desire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #3)
  • The Upside of Being Let Down
  • First Instinct (Hammond Brothers, #1)
  • How the Earl Entices (Capturing the Carlisles, #4)
  • Triple Dare (The Art of Seduction, #3)
  • Cowboy Mistletoe (The Dalton Boys, #6)
  • Under Lock & Key (Water Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Welcoming the Bad Boy
  • Second Chance SEAL
  • My Aliyah: Heart in Chains (Texas Heat, #2)
  • Lord Bachelor
  • Guarding Her
  • Proposals and Poison
  • The Calendar of New Beginnings (Dare Valley, #9)
  • The Nearness of You (The Thorntons, #1)
  • Forever Yours, Sweetheart (Secrets of Cherry Lake #4)
  • My Rockstar Billionaire
  • Deadly Dye and a Soy Chai (Danger Cove, #5)
USA Today Bestselling author Erin Wright has worked every job under the sun, including library director, barista, teacher, website designer, and ranch hand helping brand cattle, before settling into the career she’s always dreamed about: Author.

She still loves coffee, doesn’t love the smell of cow flesh burning, and has embarked on the adventure of a lifetime, traveling the country full-time in an

Long Valley (6 books)
  • Accounting for Love (Long Valley, #1)
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • Returning for Love (Long Valley, #3)
  • Bundle of Love
  • Lessons in Love (Long Valley, #5)
  • Baked with Love (Long Valley, #6)