Start by marking “Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles, #1)

Just Say Yes

(Indianapolis Eagles #1)

What will it take for her to Just Say Yes?

Published September 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Just Say Yes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Say Yes

Start your review of Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles, #1)
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
DNF

I blame the male cover model of book 6 for me starting this book! Whoever you are you owe me some money!!! 😂

So this starts with the H going back to him hometown after his team won the Stanley Cup. He's ready to settle down and thinks about the only girl he's ever loved Becca.
Becca is a nurse, she broke up with the H due to her own insecurities about groupies and such. They've seen each other over the years but she usually hides from him, but Becca sees how time is passing her by so she
Fiona Fog
review to come...
Sunny Shelly Reads
If you are looking for a saccharine-sweet second chance romance, then Just Say Yes is worth the read. Pro hockey player Scott is back home in Alaska for the summer after his team wins the Stanley Cup. When he runs into his teenage sweetheart, Becca, whom he's never gotten over Scott becomes determined to win her back. As it turns out, Becca has never stopped loving him, either, and regrets that she ended things at all in the first place.

Just Say Yes is a fluffy story -- there's not really any
Coco.V
Jan 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/7/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
What will it take for her to Just Say Yes?

Scott Taylor has the perfect life. He gets to fulfill his dream playing professional hockey, has a loving family, and a tight group of friends. But the one thing missing in his life is a partner to come home to. He knows exactly who he wants to fill that position the only woman he has ever loved. The one who got away, who constantly consumes his every thought. What it would take to get her to Just Say Yes to a
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is my first read of this author and although that can be exciting, I also never am quite sure what to expect. I received this one as I wanted to review a later book in this series and thought I should read them in order. I finished it but I don't think is was great by any means.

It did have a fair bit of hockey in it so that is a plus. This is a second chance romance. Scott and Becca dated for several years until he went into the NHL. Becca reasoned she couldn't compete with the puck
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The author is looking for an honest review.

3 stars

If you are looking for a feel good book and no drama. This book is for you. It's about second chances, but more than that it is about teaching yourself that love is worth the wait. Sometimes it is the timing and for Scott and Becca, that was what it was. They had been friends forever, dated for six years, but life got complicated. Becca knew Scott would be great in the nhl, but couldn't handle everything that came with it. They broke it off and
Miss A
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I had mixed feelings on this book. I liked the characters to a fair degree, but couldn't help bring disappointed at the lack of any drama, tension, suspense or even particularly saucy sex scenes. The whole book was quite high level, a lack of real depth to any of the characters made them seem somewhat uninspiring. Combine this with 6 instances of incorrect terminology and spelling mistakes drew me away from the positives.

Overall, an easy but rather vapid read.
Rejane
Jan 07, 2019 marked it as not-interested  ·  review of another edition
The blurb makes the heroine sounds pathetic. Really?? Break up with someone you (say) LOVE because hes going to become someone big in the sports category?? Why do people have to feel inferior to others?? I cant stand the woe is me attitude.
Passing
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Warm hearted second chance romances can sometimes be a welcomed relief after reading more darker novels. The blurb to Just Say Yes by Samantha Lind lead me to believe, that after a succession of those darker romance novels I had finally found something light and fluffy to read.

A choice was made eight years prior by Becca Phillips to allow the only boy she has ever loved chase his dream of playing professional NHL. A split decision saw her
Liz
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just Say Yes by Samantha Lind is a second chance at romance story and the first book in her Indianapolis Eagles series. This is my first book by the author and I truly enjoyed it. It was so sweet and charming with two very likable characters!

Becca Phillips broke up with the love of her life when he was drafted to play for the Eagles. She loved him, but for reasons she later regretted, she let him go. Years later she still longs for Scott, but has avoided him for years whenever he comes home.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Steamy. Sweet. Fun. Light. Lind delivers a swoony sweet romance that full of heat, heart, undeniable passion, and one beautiful second chance romance.

Samantha Lind is brand spanking new for me and I look forward to more in the future. I'll be honest, the blurb is what pulled me in to this book initially and I'm so glad I took that chance. This book was beautifully written and set up the series in the most addicting way.

Just Say Yes was so so good. Easy. Safe. Insta-reconnection. Becca
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love hockey as is but for some reason this was my first hockey romance book. I loved every bit of it. This second chance romance warmed my heart and gave me all kinds of feels. Becca and Scott have been apart for eight years. When Scott left to join the NHL Becca let him go without her. She was worried about how she would fit into his lifestyle. She's avoided seeing him as much as possible but still wonders what could have happened. Scott still wonders about Becca as well.

These two both need
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I have to say that this is an amazing second chance romance. It was swoon worthy and had me gushing because Scott really loved Becca and Becca really loved Scott. They were first loves and true loves but insecurities get in the way.

Scott and Becca are a couple who are meant for each other until Becca starts to get doubts about Scott when he makes it big as a Hockey player. She breaks things off with him and becomes an ER nurse and goes about life with her friends as if she is happy.

That is
Bree202
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a heartwarming friends to lovers second chance romance story, with a lot of steamy and sexy scenes. It was about Scott, a hockey player and Becca a registered nurse who had decided to give love a second chance. They soon realized how much effort they both needed to put into navigating their way through the ins and outs of being in a long distance relationship. Becca was finally ready to take the next step but for the second time around they were still trying to figure out why it was so ...more
Melissa

This is Book #1 in the Indianapolis Eagles and my first book by this author. Becca regretted breaking up with Scott all those years ago. She still loved him and compared every man she ever dated to him. No one has ever matched him in her eyes. Now Scott is home for the summer before he has to go back to being a pro hockey player. Becca decides not to avoid him this summer like she normally does.

I loved this book! Second chances are a top favorite of my. The chemistry behind Becca and Scott is
C
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This the second book I've read written by Samantha Lind and it won't be my last. I think she is definitely going to be around for a long time.

Have you ever walked away from love and then had regrets? Wondering what did I do? Scott and Becca the couple everyone thought was the perfect match. What happened... Ever think that you can't live with the restraints of your significant others career, life... Sometimes life gives us a second chance? Will it be different? Is it worth it? Should I take the
Jennifer G
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Scott is living his dream. He's the captain of a Stanley Cup-winning hockey team. But he's living the dream alone. He misses the one who got away. Becca. Becca still lives in their home town where she is an ER nurse. She's happy, successful, has a great family and best friend but she has never stopped loving Scott. She broke up with him because she was worried about his career, the travel, the puck-bunnies. Now she regrets it. She's avoided him for years but when he comes home for the summer and ...more
Maria Fernanda G Lechuga
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book, from beginning to end. It has a really nice and cute second chance romance between the characters, sweet, with great chemistry between them. What I love the most was that there's no unnecessary drama, and that the characters stay together throughout the book.

As for the narration, first time listening to Tim Paige, he did pretty well and I truly like his performance and would for certain listen to him in the future. Sarah Puckett was excellent as always, I always adore
Jennifer Alexander
This is a second chance story about a hot hockey player and an er nurse who can't get over each other no matter what. When Scott comes home for the summer, he sees Becca and realizes he will do whatever he has to, to make her his again. She just has to say yes. This was a sweet and sexy book and I just couldn't stop swooning over Scott and how he showed Becca his love for her. This is the first of the series and I can't wait to read the second book.
Renee Mccleary
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Second Chance Romance!!

What a beautiful second chance romance!! I absolutely loved Becca and Scott.I was hooked from.the first page!! Thier chemistry is amazing and they were so hot!! I love that there is very little drama so it focuses on thier beautiful love story!! I was swooning and laughing most of the book. I fell in love with the secondary characters and I can not wait for all of thier stories!!! I definetly reccomend reading this sweet anf sexy book!!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was my first Samantha Lind book, and I wanted to love it. A sugary sweet second chance romance that just didnt have enough drama in it to keep me sucked in and on the edge of my seat.

Reviewed by: Lauren L.
Heather
Strong start

This story started out strong and had my interest but by halfway I had lost it. It is a nice story but there was no substance just a nice telling of the characters lives. Nothing to leave me wondering what will happen, no angst, basically no emotions. I wanted to be cheering for them and instead was feeling meh. I didnt feel excited for things hat happened because it was guaranteed since everything was as expected and could be predicted.
Alyse
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Tammi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, boring and predictable

A cute, sweet book, but it was boring and predictable. Probably will not read the rest of the series. High school sweethearts, broke up when he went to the majors, got back 8 years later.
Lindsay
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
First off, I hate leaving low stars. I was excited to start a new author, especially one that has come up in conversations before. It started out a little slow, but promising. Becca and Scott dont hesitate to rekindle their romance, which is good, but I found the story very fluffy. There wasnt a ton of oomph for me. I felt like I was just reading a sweet contemporary romance with no action. Dont get me wrong there was lots of sex, averaging once a chapter, but I felt thats the only
Jessica Alcazar
Ive got this entire series sitting on my kindle ready for me to read in anticipation of book 7 coming soon.

I enjoy stories where people get a second chance to get it right. Most often than not, they come with a bit of drama and maybe some redemption. Well, that didnt happen here. The getting back together portion of their journey happened in the first third of the book LOL and then it was just reading the lives of Becca and Scott.

SO, theres really no conflict in the story. I didnt enjoy that
Jackie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A drama free book about second chances. Its a book about taking a second chance in love. Being happy and stop regretting being apart. Its about making the choice to be happy and taking the steps towards it.
Scott is a great guy who has always loved the girl he once loved. Theyre friends even when Becca avoids him. Becca has always loved Scott and has watched his games and wished to be with him.
This is an easy read book that is very predictable. A very sweet love story.
A good book. I would
World Of Books 65
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
If you want an easy quick read then this is the book for you!

Scott Pro Hockey play comes home for the summer and at 30 is ready to leave the single live behind. Over the years he hadnt stop thinking about his first love Becca and after a chance meeting the two rekindle their relationship.

But the one thing that kept them apart 8 years ago is still true now - she lives in Alaska he plays hockey in Indie.

Some of the story line was just too long and could have been shortened but if you want a feel
Susans book review
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reviews
omg what can i say about this book he was a quick and easy read loved how close scott and rebecca were all the way through, loved how all the characters were connected and so close to each other.
this book is book one in the eagle series and i cannot wait to read book 2 in this series which i will be starting soon, i didnt want this book to finish as i was so hooked from the start and i couldnt put it down.
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet story with a few splashes of sexiness! This book was slow going but did get better. It was borderline cheesy. For a rough & tough hockey player Scott is a little too sweetly written. Becca & Scott have a sweet normal written love story. I would have loved a more cocky H & more angst within this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Blocked (Gold Hockey, #1)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • This Piece of My Heart (Clearing the Ice, #1)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Making His Move (Buffalo Bedlam #1)
  • Colton  (Wild Men, #2)
  • Playing for the Heart: Hockey Romance Box Set
  • The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey, #1)
  • Cold As Puck (Cold Love #1)
  • Jared (Las Vegas Sidewinders)
  • Score on Me (Renegades #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Las Vegas Sidewinders: Nate (Book 11)
  • Deal Takers (Dealing With Love #2)
  • Royce (Las Vegas Sidewinders Book 10)
  • Dirty Swedish Player (Big Stick, #3)
  • Defending Dani (Alaska Blizzard, #1)
Sign up for Samantha's newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/SLNL

Samantha Lind is a contemporary romance author. Having spent the first 27 years of her life in Alaska, she now calls Iowa home where she lives with her husband and two sons. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching hockey (Go Knights Go!), and listening to country music. You can connect with Samantha

Indianapolis Eagles (7 books)
  • Scoring the Player (Indianapolis Eagles #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Indianapolis Eagles, #3)
  • Protecting Her Heart (Indianapolis Eagles, #4)
  • Against the Boards (Indianapolis Eagles, #5)
  • The First Intermission (Indianapolis Eagles, #6)
  • The Hardest Shot (Indianapolis Eagles, #7)