Start by marking “Sharing Secrets” as Want to Read:
Sharing Secrets

Sharing Secrets

Adam has a secret. But maybe Charlie has a few of his own.

Adam’s got a secret and nobody knows.

He’s promised himself never to get into relationships and risk revealing it, but Charlie Fielding has a way of getting under one’s skin. One party, one kiss and Adam is faced with a horrible choice—tell Charlie the truth or keep quiet. And either way, lose the only friends he’s h
Published September 5th 2017 by Finch Books

To ask other readers questions about Sharing Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharing Secrets

Lori
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Nobody knows."

Matthew J. Metzger is a MUST read author for me, he is absolutely amazing, yet he's one that I don't hear enough about and that's a real shame.

This book, like many of Metzger's, is YA - but it's real. The characters aren't some polished Hollywood version of teens, they are teens I can relate to and understand (despite my teen years being a loooong time ago!) Real proper characters. Adam and Charlie are just two unique characters that sold me their story in the first couple of page
Chris, the Dalek King
Nobody knows.

Adam has a secret. One he had repeatedly failed to keep hidden over the course of his life…but he is determined that this time no one will find out. A new school, with new friends, should make that easy. Adam knows the rules, what not to do, what not to say. As long as nobody knows, he’s safe. But his not-so-secret crush on his friend Charlie threatens to upset all his plans. Because Charlie has a secret too.

Yeah…I loved this. Huge shocker, I know.

Once again Matthew J. Metzger gi
Tess
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This will definitely appeal if you like Matthew Metzger's other YA stories. Although there are some big, important issues dealt with, the story and romance had a really sweet feel to it.
Lisa The Novel Approach
I firmly believe that author Matthew J. Metzger is one of the most important voices in YA literature today. Not only that but his voice clearly defines what it means to be transgender in a world that rages against those who seek to simply live truthfully. He strips down and exposes the raw emotions that accompany the life of anyone who has been born in the wrong skin—in the wrong body. And in this latest novel, Sharing Secrets, he goes one step further and shows us the overwhelming fear of a tee ...more
Pablito
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The writing here is well above the pack. It's such a pleasure to read a YA novel this well worded. Without giving away the plot, I will add that the author deals with two delicate identities with a rare and mature sensitivity . . . unless you're a girl. In that case, you may find yourself cringing at the way "girl" and "girly" are used by the characters, Adam and Charlie. Of course, this may be an authorial device to portray the adolescent mindset. If so, it's a surprising one in a novel of such ...more
Libby
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-stars
Yet another young adult novel by Matthew that I absolutely enjoyed reading. He always impresses me with the amazing variety of characters that he creates that are so believable. I loved this couple and REALLY hope that Matthew will write a follow up to to lives as adults.
Suze
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5*
Matthew J Metzger’s writing just flows for me. The language and pacing really enages me.
This one is no exception. Tackling a couple of huge topics in a YA story (the MC’s are coming up/are 16) yet it doesn’t feel heavy or dire.
The language and antics of all four main YA characters ring true to teens I know. They are by default very focussed on self at that age and this comes across despite the massive burdens that Charlie and Adam carry from events outside of their control.
I think also the
Amazonaute
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. I hope Metzger writes more about these people. They are great characters, and the next few years of their lives is not going to be simple. ...okay, to be honest, I just want to hang out with them more.

As an aside, I find the way they interact rather odd. Are all English people like that? All the time? I mean I tease my friends here and there....but not all the time.
Stephen Severance
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very kind way to introduce HIV and bipolar

The story was interesting from the start. I was disappointed in the quick ending and uneventful let down. The characters were interesting and had there own story lines, as well as, being intertwined with the main characters lives.
J.S.
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The complex and interesting characters made this an enjoyable read. However, so many of the conversations and events felt repetitive and redundant, taking up valuable space that I feel could have been better used, that on finishing this, I'm kinda unsatisfied.
Sunny
Abrupt ending, and I wanted more information about Charlie's transgender experience, but I loved the story.
Ruth
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, unique, and so very sweet. Loved this!
Filipa
Aug 05, 2018
Veronica
Aug 06, 2018
Patrick Christie-Erickson
rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2018
Jun 13, 2018
Chantal Gonsalves
Oct 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Matthew is an asexual, transgender author from the wet and windy British Isles. He is currently lurking in the Bristol area, but has lived all over, and has a special fondness for Yorkshire.

Matt writes LGBT novels, both adult and young adult, and particularly enjoys digging into the weird and wonderful diversity of people all across the sexuality and gender spectrums. When not writing, Matt is usu