Start by marking “To Love a Highland Rogue (Heart of a Scot Book 1)” as Want to Read:
To Love a Highland Rogue (Heart of a Scot Book 1)

To Love a Highland Rogue

(Heart of a Scot #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  163 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
"A lively writing style and detailed story lines are the mark of this truly excellent writer." ~Kathryn LeVeque, USA Today Bestselling Author

She’s determined to end her betrothal, but he must make her his at all cost.

A Scottish lass determined to end her betrothal.

As an infant, Mayra Findlay’s hand was pledged in marriage. So closely has her virtue been guarded, she’s
Published August 28th 2017 by Blue Rose Romance

To ask other readers questions about To Love a Highland Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love a Highland Rogue

Jonel Boyko
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What an enchantingly charming tale. Cameron had me wrapped up in the romance of the story while also contemplating the utterly human actions of the characters. I love how she can show how perfect a romance can be, without being perfect at all. All the while, she develops the setting and the time in such a manner that you really feel as if you're there.

Cameron's characters are always good for a giggle. The lovable individuals that she introduces us to kept me on my toes while warming my heart. I
Barbara
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free book and voluntarily chose to review it. A lovely romance with secrets that cause problems as the children get older. I really don’t have a strong woman in this book because Mayra follows her parents’s rules. At one point she does refuse to do one thing.
Tracy Emro
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Another charming novella by Ms. Cameron! My understanding is this novella is part of the anthology titled : The Forbidden Highlands and inspired Ms. Cameron to begin a new series, Heart of a Scot.

I really loved this novella, Logan and Mayra have been betrothed since they were children, yet they have only seen each other a few times since the contracts were signed.

Logan had no desire to marry Mayra, but when he learned his father spent her dowry and they had no means to repay it, he left his home
Dee Deacon Foster
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A marriage contract neither wanted. A marriage he needed.
The last thing 6 year old Logan Rutherford wanted was to sign a marriage contract. Now a grown Logan Rutherford, Laird of Lockelieth Keep, needs this marriage to keep Lockelieth solvent and to avoid forfeiture of the dowry portion that his father squandered on his conniving second wife. To avoid the same fate as his father, Logan does a little sleuthing. What Logan hasn’t bargained for is how the bald baby he remembers turned into a beauty
Debora Wolff
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story about two people who were betrothed as children but really know nothing about the other. Mayra and Logan have a lot of preconceived ideas about each other that make for a very enjoyable twist in the story.
Donna
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Logan and Mayra were contracted to wed as children. Mayra a babe and Logan more interested in a puppy than a wife. His father received half of Mayra’s dowry and over time wasted it. Logan travels looking for investments and a way to make money. He decides to meet Mayra anonymously, using his cousin’s name. Maya falls in love with him not knowing who he really is, and he falls in love with her. She is devastated when she discovers his ruse. They do get a HEA but a novella is too short to spoil th ...more
Regan Walker
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming Story of a Match Made by the King

Set in the Highlands in 1720, this is the story of Logan Rutherford, Laird of Lockelieth Keep, who was betrothed when he was six to Mayra Findlay, then a baby. They meet again when she is eighteen. He has decided to pose as his lookalike cousin, Coburn Wallace, to get a look at his soon-to-be bride. At issue is her dowry, half of which Logan’s father squandered before he died and the other half which Logan needs to save his lands.

Mayra thinks her absent
Joann Maggio
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To Love a Highlander ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐by Collette Cameron

This is truly and adorable story by Ms Cameron. The whole concept of two children being betrothed to each other and then never seeing one another is hard to phantom but in 1701 a reality to Mayra Findlay and Logan Rutherford.

As their marriage time approaches Mayra has written numerous letters to beg off this betrothal. Logan has not been very attentive to Mayra never contacting her and learning about her as a person.

When Logan visits her village dis
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great Scottish adventure!

To Love a Highland Rogue, written by Collette Cameron, is the beautiful introduction to her new series, Heart of a Scot. Since I have always enjoyed reading her books, I decided to read this Scottish adventure and was not disappointed. The moment, I started this book, I knew that Ms. Cameron had done her magic again!

It tells the story of Mayra and Logan, who were betrothed when they were merely infants. Logan Rutherford, Laird of Lockelieth Keep, a Highland Rog
Cynthia
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book.

This is another great story by Collette. I enjoyed these characters. Logan and Mayra were betrothed as children. Both grew up not wanting to go through with it. Both had made up opinions about the other without having seen each other or communicated much before the years. When they meet, Logan deceives Mayra and lies about his identity which leads to complications.

Collette has a great writing style that engages the reader. I love reading her stories and
Monique
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time, when Mayra Findlay was but a babe and Logan Rutherford 6 years old, their respective families were ordered by the King that they should marry when Mayra reached her twentieth birthday, and so they were betrothed. That was the first time they saw each other, if one can say that. The second time was when Mayra was seven, and their paths hadn’t crossed in the meantime. Neither wanted this marriage, and Mayra kept on petitioning the King to change his mind, to no avail, or rather t ...more
Anissa
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A clever and witty romance from Collette Cameron. A young lad is betrothed to an infant is the way this tale starts. Who doesn't love the reaction from a young boy who know he must marry a bald headed baby girl. Well now the lad is all grown up and really needs the rest of the dowery. He would like to have the betrothal broken but his father has spent the money on his new wife and his daughter (who isn't really his). Logan now must follow through but first wants to make sure his bride to be is n ...more
judith hagmayer
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scotland

Cute love story. I like Scotland and the Scottish people. Hope you all like the book. Will read the next book.
Clarissa Boggs
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a charming story,I'm always a sucker for a highlander novel.i must say that it always astounded me how children could be betrothed at such a young age but from the time Logan was introduced to a bald as an egg little Mayra I fell in love with the characters and story. Trying to feel her out beforehand in my opinion is a smart move on Logan's part. He gets himself into a bit of trouble but charms his way into Myra's heart but will she marry him? Loved reading how Logan gets himself out of th ...more
Monika P.
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do love Collette Cameron's historical romance stories that take place in England. I have read a few books that were Scottish romances but never got used to the Scottish English. It's much harder to understand. And even so I enjoyed the love story of Logan and Mayra, I did not like this book as much as I liked others by the same author. For those that don't have a problem with Scottish I highly recommend you read To Love a Highland Rogue.
Seanna Yeager
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Falling for your betrothed that you haven't seen since you were a child can be so problematic, when you both lie about who you are when you first meet, and the fate of both of your clans depend on your marriage. Plenty of humor and charm in this romance.
Sharon
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part of a Series: bk1
Setting: 1720 Scotland area
Hero: Logan-
Heroine: Myra- open and honest
plot/storyline:4.5* - the were betrothed since he was 6 and she a baby. He now needed to marry her to help his Keep but was weary of her character so when the (literally) bumped into each other he took on his cousin's name.
Ending-4.5*- A wonderfully sweet HEA.
Reading Enjoyment:4.5* I thoroughly enjoyed this story. the characters were brought to life, very well written
Overall rating:4.5 -
(out of 5*)
Courtney Westbrook
Fun summer read

Enjoyed the play between characters with just the right amount of strain on their relationship. I recommend this book to readers wanting a lighthearted, sweet romance.
Gina
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful love story with likable characters and a good storyline.
Donna Foster
What a lovely story

This wasn't long about 9 chapters but oh so good. I don't know what it is about Scotland, but I can't get enough.
MsChris1161
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, own, reviewed
Logan and Mayra are a great match and were so much fun to read about. I thoroughly enjoyed TO LOVE A HIGHLAND ROGUE. It's a charming story which had me captivated right from the start. Collette Cameron's writing always has me falling for her characters and smiling with her humor and wit. Great love story. 4.5 stars

~Complimentary copy received. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series!

Betrothed in the cradle, growing up never meeting her intended, what could go wrong? Add in a horse with a superior personality, the Scottish Highlands, and plenty of fun...and you have Collette Cameron's latest book!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next in the series!

Please note: I received an eBook copy for the purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review, all conclusions are my own.
Patricia
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The writing really draws you in to this story. Can a love begun under deception survive? I received this at no charge from the author.
Lesley
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A Sweet Romance.
Logan Rutherford was 6 years old when he was betrothed to Mayra Findlay and he has seen her only once since she was a babe. Annulling the betrothal is out of the question, as his father has already spent the half of the dowry entrusted to their family and in addition has heavily mortgaged their keep. Logan needs the lands which form the other half of the dowry, on which it is said, dwell copper and silver deposits. However, having seen his besotted father cuckolded by his stepmo
Dottie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was gifted an ARC copy of this title, in exchange for my fair and honest review!

Bestselling author, Collette Cameron takes us on a journey to the past. During a time when betrothals still reigned and people had no say in who they were to love. As a wee babe, Mayra Findlay was pledged to marry Logan Rutherford.... As being a betrothed lady, Mayra hasn't had the opportunities as other young ladies of her age and stature have. She's been guarded as a precious jewel and not truly been allowed to b
Jimnlori
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is great start to a new series by Collette Cameron! I'm looking forward to reading more books in this series.
Mayra Findlay and Logan Rutherford are pledged to marriage when they are children.
Logan has no idea what kind of a woman Mayra has become, but he needs this marriage to happen when he inherits a near bankrupt estate. so he takes on his cousin's identity in order to find out. However in doing so he finds they soon develop a friendship and an attraction that would be perfect for
Kari Maass
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do a six year old boy and an infant girl have in common? A betrothal of course! When The king demands two families unite by betrothing their children, Logan Rutherford is told by his father to sign a marriage contract to a baby Mayra Findlay. Her father makes a request of the young Logan to court his daughter if at all possible before actually wedding her. The six year old Logan agrees so he can leave these adults and go play with his favorite cousin Coburn. Years later, the money Logan's f ...more
Terrie Norris
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Collette Cameron!
Logan and Mayra were betrothed as very young children. They meet as adults, neither wanting to follow through with the marriage – both having preconceived beliefs about the other. Things become more complicated when Mayra finds herself in the arms of a handsome stranger who sets her heart racing and Logan lies about his identity in order to get to know Mayra better. Will the confusion be sorted out before hearts are irreparably broken?
I was captured from the
Lori D
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Collette Cameron does it again! With her humor and witty repertoire, you are caught up in the story from page one. A six year old boy being betrothed to a lass who is still a baby? Yes indeed and Logan Rutherford any Marta Findlay only have to wait 19 years to bring that match to fruition! Of course the problem becomes they have not seen each other through the years. But Myra is determined to break the match and sends numerous letters to Logan to plead her case. Logan on the other hand becomes t ...more
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

I was hooked from the start when it showed them as kids. I normally don't like books where one is pretending to be someone else, but I loved this one because it didn't drag on. When they first see each other there's spark and I didn't know how it was going to play out. I loved how she found out who he really was and that she had a different reaction than I expected. I loved the ending a lot!

Mayra has a very good reason for wanti
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
USA Today Bestselling, award-winning author, COLLETTE CAMERON pens Scottish and Regency historicals, featuring rogues, rapscallions, rakes, and the intelligent, intrepid damsels who reform them.

Blessed with fantastic fans as well as a compulsive, over-active, and witty Muse who won’t stop whispering new romantic romps in her ear, she lives in Oregon with her mini-dachshunds, though she dreams of l