Start by marking “Inish Clare (Pirate Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inish Clare (Pirate Queen, #2)

Inish Clare

(Pirate Queen #2)

Cursed by haunting visions of the notorious pirate queen, Maeve must risk her life in a race against a soon-expiring ancient pact.

Nineteen-year-old Maeve O’Malley returns to Ireland with the medieval relics that could prove her clan’s rights to the land and its treasures. If only she knew who to trust with the centuries-old secrets before time-honored Brehon Law hands
ebook, First, 724 pages
Published September 5th 2017 by City Owl Press, NYC

To ask other readers questions about Inish Clare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inish Clare

Start your review of Inish Clare (Pirate Queen, #2)
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.75 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

I'm still hooked on this series, but I didn't really enjoy the beginning. It just skips and rushes important events that occurred in Boston, and then it jumps back to Ireland.

Although I'm not a big fan of the way things started out, the romance between the characters is still addicting.

Inish Clare makes the mystery from the previous book more clear, but reveals the drama between the clans residing in Ireland. I'm ready for book #3!

description description description
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First let me say you need to read the first book, Bohermore, before this one or you will be lost and without proper context of how this story unfolds. Let’s say you have and are curious should you read the next volume?

If you enjoyed the first then YES!

Just like Bohermore we are treated to a story that runs fast but still manages to provide beautifully developed characters and a detailed storyline so you don’t get six chapters in and still feel unsure as to what you are reading. That happened on
Elizabeth McLennan
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A really enjoyable fast paced read that draws you into the story and makes you want Maeve to get exactly what she wants. A fiery heroine who knows exaclty what she wants and how she is going to get it. Also great use of Irish history and countryside encouraging me to one day visit.
I finished this book in one sitting and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
I probably should have read book 1 first to gain some background on the characters and the beginning of the story.
Chelon
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-favs, sci-fi, ya, arc
Inish Clare is a thrilling and often intense continuation of Bohermore. I did not expect the immediate sense of foreboding that was achieved in the first chapter and continued until the end. Paul was steadfast and true in his love for Maeve, while Maeve was steadfast and true to her devotion to the Pirate Queen. Maeve’s emotions concerning Rory were frustrating for me to read through, but by the end I believed this was intentional (now I’m obsessing over book 3). There is some finality achieved ...more
Mercedes
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A intense intriguing mystery,suspense,angst and romance with supernatural elements.
Maeve and Paul try to break a curse which leads to danger.
Enjoyed the series hopefully there will be a next .
Voluntarily reviewed ARC
Lynnette Smith
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just tore through the new Pirate Queen book, Inish Clare! This one was just as amazing as the first! After losing her grandparents, Maeve returns to Ireland to solve the mystery and end the curse on the women of the O'Malley Clan. Loved the entire book and am so excited that there will be a third! Fantastic!
Megan
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I generously received an advanced digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I didn't realize this was book two when I started reading so there were some elements I was a bit confused about though that was through no one's fault but my own. This book has everything I love in stories that involve Ireland. There was adventure, mystery, some paranormal, Gaelic, Irish clans and love.
Maeve O'Malley is a woman in her early 20s who soon learns she's part of an ancient one powerful clan
Tash
*I would like to thank the author for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for a review*

I really don't know how to wait for the final book considering how amazing both the first and this book are! What I loved the most is how this book had a lot more background information and history about the pirate queen and also the clans! I feel like this book is extremely important on those topics all the while keeping the suspense and mystery going at the same time. There's not a moment that
Christinaraven
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maeve is back in Ireland and on the hunt again to solve the mysteries still surrounding the Pirate Queen and save her clan from the curse. A well written story that is a mix of mystery, suspense and secrets that kept me glued until the end to see what Maeve would find out next. Just a whirl of danger that sucks you in from the first chapter. I received a free copy and I chose to review this wild story that spans generations as I root for Maeve to do her clan proud. I loved it and cannot wait to ...more
Izzybear
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inish Claire is a wonderful addition to the Pirate Queen series. I got to the end of this book and all I could think is "I want more." I loved reading about the new adventures Maeve has as she travels around Ireland looking for clues to complete her mission. Faced with rival clans and a deadly ghost Maeve is unyielding in her quest to bring peace to the Pirate Queen's soul and reclaim lands stolen from her clan. Only then can balance start to be restored. As dangers become apparent friendships ...more
Debra
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful second book!! There's history and mystery, heart pounding suspense and adventure, and romance. Inish Clare has everything in one book. Questions from book one, Bohermore, will be answered, but there's still plenty left unsaid to make you sit at the edge of your seat waiting for book three. I couldn't put this book down from the moment I picked it up. Ms. McMahon keeps the reader engaged with her beautiful descriptions and believable cast of characters.
Calye Cochran
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a partial review, but you can also read the whole thin on my blog!

First things first, friends! I would like to thank NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I have to admit that this book surprised me. It looked interesting right from the start from both the cover and the description, but when I got into the story, I loved it! It even made its way onto the list of one of my favorite reads! Let’s take a look at why this is the case.

Annemarie Macken
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
'Inish Clare' is a generally enjoyable read, with a promising plot ensuring the reader's interest is kept to the end. The mixture of old and new, myth and realism is a definite incentive to read the novel, which is the second in the series about the infamous pirate queen, Grainne Ni Mhaille (Grace O'Malley), with her story melding with her descendant in the present day, Maeve O'Malley. Her task is to unravel this mystery surrounding her famous ancestor and lay her spirit to rest, but there are ...more
Marissa
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Inish Clare is the second book in The Pirate Queen series that features elements of historical fiction, fantasy, a ghost story, and romance. I didn't read the first book in the series and did find myself being a little lost at times because of that. The book follows from the events of the last book. I was drawn to this book because of the historical context which i found the author covered fairly
Candy Briggs
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maeve Grace O'Malley has returned from the states, to Ireland. She is trying to tie up the ends of her sixteenth great grandmother's curse. Paul McGratt was her professor, which evolved into much more. He is trying to help her end the curse.
The descriptions are wonderful, they make the story come alive. The characters are fun, scary and with all the other emotions that people have. The way Paul supports, protects and loves, Maeve during the tale. I could not put this down, once I read the first
Leah
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read the first book in this series yet but I will be soon and then I will possibly re-read this second book , I personally had no issue getting into the story or understanding the characters though .
I absolutely loved it ! It was completely my cup of tea, full of myths and legends, history, fantasy and a ghostly Pirate Queen, what more could I want !
I read it in a couple of hours . It was very well-written, the characters were intriguing and likeable and the surroundings were all
Erin
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. I got an ARC not knowing it was actually the second in a series and it I liked it so much right from the beginning that I got a hold of the first one before continuing on with this one. I'm really glad that I did because my enjoyment of Inish Clare would've been diminished without knowing what happened in the first book.
I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Patricia A Spring
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Undying love

Doesn't everyone enjoy an undying love story? Add ghosts, mystery and supernatural and it has everything. There are a couple of glitches between the prequel and the first and second book that didn't line up for me so I would have rather read the prequel last and a couple unanswered questions that I hope are answered in book 3
Zandra
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Good read

Liked the story but i felt like there was too much repetion in the books. I also didnt like that the main character was too boy crazy i guess is what you could call it. Plenty of suspense and intrigue. Good book followed the series well.
Kim Thomas
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second in a 3 part series, you really need to read all 3 books which are a quick easy time travel Irish fantasy adventure. I enjoyed the series. Great for when you want a mindless trip to fantasyland.
Willow Mammoth
I didn't realize this was the second book to a series when I first requested and read this, but it was an interesting story to read especially with the Irish history, mythology, and fantasy. Despite it being interesting, I did have a difficult time getting through it.
D. Messing
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted sooooo much to love this book, I loved the storyline, and anything set in Ireland hits the top of my lists, but this was really frenetic. It seemed really hurried and jumped all over the place. Oh well, you can't love them all, and on to the next!
Irene Carrick
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
was a great follow up to Bohermore the first in this pirate queen series. I enjoyed it! waiting for the next one, of course to see who maeve ends up with....
Conny
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
What can I say, I loved it.
One thing is bothering me, Paul or Rory ...... I'll go for .....
Jackie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating as always. Maeve is haunted by dreams of the Pirate Queen. How can she stop them. Amazing fantasy story that has you intrigued in another world where you wish to stay.
Victorique Crawford
Well, I expected a lot more than this. At least in terms of the mystery and historical fiction.

However, what I got was a rather bland story where I barely know even the main characters at all, and that the main narrator was largely forgettable. Paired with an even more forgettable mystery and even one where I barely remembered anything about it, and hence you could see why I didn’t enjoy this at all.

I did expect a lot more about the pirate, since I was sold through the premise on the promise of
Gayle
Dec 04, 2018
Katrina
Jul 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep, #1)
  • The Golden City (Fourth Realm, #3)
  • Heart of Black Ice (Sister of Darkness: The Nicci Chronicles, #4)
  • Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)
  • Money (The Keatyn Chronicles, #10)
  • MultiDate
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Im Schatten des Kauribaums (Kauri-Trilogie, #2)
  • Bhyr (Alien Warrior #3)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Feast Without Fear: Food and the Delay, Don't Deny Lifestyle
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)
  • The Wolf Pack
  • Triad: A BDSM Ménage Erotic Romance (Mastering the Virgin Book 13)
  • Punished by the Lumberjacks (Reverse Harem - Menage Erotic Romance)
  • Cursed: The Complete Series  (Cursed #1-3)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls 1)
Jennifer Rose McMahon is a USA Today Bestselling Author who has been creating her Pirate Queen series and Irish Mystic Legends series since her college days abroad in Ireland. Her passion for Irish legends, ancient cemeteries, and medieval ghost stories has fueled her adventurous story telling, while her husband’s decadent brogue carries her imagination through the centuries. When she’s not in her ...more

Pirate Queen (4 books)
  • Rockfleet (Pirate Queen prequel, #0)
  • Bohermore (Pirate Queen, #1)
  • Ballycroy (Pirate Queen, #3)