Start by marking “Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)

Dark Alpha's Night

(Reaper #5)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  506 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Dark Alpha’s Night is a brand new paranormal romance in the Reapers series featuring a brotherhood of elite assassins from New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant.

To some Fae, I am their worst nightmare. Fo
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 158 pages
Published March 6th 2018 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dark Alpha's Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Alpha's Night

Stacey is Sassy
Daire needs Death to fight…

Geez, wouldn’t it suck to be known as Death? From the little I know, I’m guessing she earned that title, but it can’t be good for your self-esteem. Maybe it helps that she’s strikingly beautiful? But then again, it’s like the forbidden fruit, it’s appealing but you know it’s bad for you. Well, Death, the feared one, isn’t really living up to her name. She’s acting a bit like a scaredy cat at the moment and her poor Reapers are bearing the load.

Poor Reapers? Yeah, that
Claire Robinson
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
4 - "Don’t give up on me…" Stars!

We return to the Reaper series with book five; Dark Alpha’s Night giving us Daire’s story.

He’d always been a bit of a rogue, his rebellious streak creating all sorts of havoc.

So, we are at the point in the series where as a reader I want to see things start moving along with the bigger story arc playing out, Bram is still causing mayhem, especially in relation to Erith and Cael, who are still circling each other like wary tigers, but in general things have sort
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
The was a fun and fast paced PNR. The action and adventure picks up right from the first page and although I haven’t read any of the books prior to this one (#5 in this series) I didn’t feel lost while reading. There is a nice short intro to the other side characters, we get a bit of background regarding the villain, Bran and things pretty much take off from there.

Daire is one of the seven Reapers, he works with Death to keep a balance between the Light and Dark Fea. When the Reapers discover B
Marta Cox
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This is most definitely a series best read in order with lots of characters that actually connect to the authors Dragon King stories. Yes here we get Reapers but it's a book that's all about the Fae and even Death who just happens to be a person and with this instalment some of her secrets just might be coming to light.
So essentially the Reapers work for Death as her executioners and it's their job to make sure that the Fae don't overrun the human realm. They are frantically trying to find the
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

DARK ALPHA’S NIGHT is book five in the Reapers series. Although this is a fairly newer series by Donna Grant, the worldbuilding is vast and complex. I wouldn’t suggest reading this series out of order. There’s too much backstory and worldbuilding for any newcomer to just walk in and enjoy. However, this complex storyline is why I continue to return to Grant’s books again and again.

That being said, I do generally enjoy the hero and heroines that Grant comes up with. They are always such steady
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite of the series so far. I loved Daire with Ettie. His was instantly drawn to her. After descriptions of her two sisters being more beautiful, I like that he only saw her. He thought she was the most beautiful woman he has met. What's not to love about that?

Ettie's background made for a fascinating story line. She and her sisters are halflings. Her father has passed down the knowledge of Fae and that they must train for war and be ready.

Since the Reapers and Death can n
Under the Covers Book Blog

Ann Lorz
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I will admit that this series is newer to me. I didn't start it in the beginning, I know, that was shocking for me, but what can I say, it happens. This is only the second book in a five book series that I've read. I need to make the time to go back and read the first three because I really enjoy them.

I've got to tell you that this is a fun and very fast paced. Which works out good since it's basically a novella. W
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Dark Alpha's Night by Donna Grant is book Five in the "Reaper" series. This is the story of Daire and Ettie ended. This can be a standalone book but I think it as to the enjoyment of the story to read the series.
Daire is a a reaper working with his friends to help keep order and to try to take out the bad guy that has been working against them and hurting others. Daire tries to help Ettie and her sister who are Half Fae and are in dangers.
Overall this was an exciting read that I enjoyed. Ms. G
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daire sure knows how to lay the charm on thick, "his smile was slow, and entirely too sexy. “And you certainly aren’t a fool.” Daire is just adorable at times, "he smoothed her hair back from her face. “I . . . well, I have feelings for you.” I really liked this book, I liked Daire.
Cassandra
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I own this series in ebook!

The cover is steamy!

This is the first book in the Reapers series that I have read. It is for adults only due to the steamy content. I really love how this world and the Dark Kings are one in the same. I went and bought the whole series of the Reapers, bu
Kodie Mackay
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I've stated before, this is not a series you want to just jump into having not read any of the previous stories. It is heavily intertwined with the previous stories so it's a good idea to just start from the beginning.

I really enjoyed this one! As per this book is filled with riddles, mysteries and untold truths. The suspense is almost unbearable because you know it's not really going to be resolved in this story. You get drip fed minute pieces of the puzzle.. enough to keep you interested,
Kodie Mackay

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
3.5 Stars, I wasn't too sure what to expect going into an already established series, I found it was an ok read for me. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had read the previous books and even that the series connected to another and that to another and so on. I have no time to be able to go and read all her work. This was a good though, this is part of her Reaper/ Dragon King series, I did get confused at times but I found I plotted along. Ettie was pretty cool chick and I really liked D ...more
Linda
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fifth exciting installment in Donna Grant’s Reaper series!

Dark Alpha’s Night is the fifth exciting installment in Donna Grant’s Reaper series. This series shares a timeline and multiple characters with her Dark Kings’ series. I do not recommend it, but if you absolutely insist, you could read this as a stand alone as the romance is self-contained within this tale. That said, there is an overall series’ arc along with tie-ins to the author’s Dark Kings’ series which add together to make the
Laurie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal, arc
When life gets stressful, I tend to escape into books. I have enjoyed the Reaper series, so was exceedingly glad I had a new one to take my mind off some things. Except in this instance, I had a hard time getting into the book. This usually isn’t a problem for me no matter how discombobulated I am, so although I’m a little worried this may be an “It’s me, not the book” situation, I’m not so sure that’s the case. A word of caution, this is a series you need to read in order or you’ll be lost.

Thin
Cathy Geha
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark Alpha’s Night by Donna Grant
A Reaper Novel #5

I was lucky enough to get in on this spin-off series from the beginning BUT sometimes wish that I had started from the beginning of this wonderfully crafted world filled with stories of warriors, dragons, fae, halflings and others…it is enchanting and enthralling and makes me eager to read whatever comes next…even when I am not 100% sure what the storyline was before the book I am currently reading. I will sometimes search out reviews of books th
Questian
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only reasons why I rated this five stars because of the Reaper in this book. And how the story unfolds.

As the fifth book of the Reapers their is slowing showing in the world where the Kings and the Warriors reside. For the Fae, they maybe a legend, a myth, and something to scare their children, but for the people that are caught in the coming war...the Reapers are formidable allies.

From the last book of Heat, Cael, has extended a hand to the Kings, from there, Daire, well...sorry nope, you
Sonja
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
While I did enjoy this book, it's probably my least favorite of this series so far. Maybe it's because of the length, but I just think things moved too fast here. As for the main characters, I didn't dislike them, but I also didn't love them. I was simply content with them I guess. I'm also not happy about the Reapers wanting to pull Rhi into their fight. Like she doesn't already have more than enough to deal with.

Daire is back with his fellow Reapers discussing things when he is summoned by Dea
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I don't know what it is about the Reapers vs. Dark Kings books, but I always seem to prefer the Reapers over the Dark Kings, and this book was no exception. The story had a bit of Insta-Love going for it, which is not a trope I enjoy, so t
Torie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-2018
I have loved every book in this series and I am not someone who usually like fae! Donna grant has made me fall in love with her version of them through this series and the Dark Kings series.

This story is about one of my favorite characters...Daire. If you have read the other books in this series and the Dark Kings series then you have already been exposed to him. He is loyal, devoted to duty, and does whatever he can to stop the dark fae from killing the halflings. Part human/part fae.

Ettie and
Rosemary K
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark Alpha's Night is an exciting addition to the Reaper series. Bran is on his quest to kill Death and exact his revenge. He may be all charm to get what he wants but he's a ruthless killer. He's met his match when he tries to make Ettie give up her family's land to save her sisters. She will fight to protect those she loves. I enjoyed seeing her realize her powers. When she meets the Reaper Daire, her world changes. Their chemistry is powerful and left them both shocked. I loved their romantic ...more
Emily
Ettie knows about the fae, she has been training to fight since she was a child. When Daire, a Reaper who works for Death, shows up he knows he needs to convince her that she is in danger. Can Ettie trust Daire or is he leading her to something worse?

Daire was an intriguing character and I liked Ettie a lot. She is a warrior and protective of her sisters. This is a quick read that catches you off guard and I definitely need to go back and start at the beginning. Fascinating concept.
Karen
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley.
Tracie Runge
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Dark Alpha’s Night is book 5 in the Reaper series. These books should be read in order for the full enjoyment of the storyline and characters. I loved Daire and Ettie’s characters the were well suited and I think Ettie will be a fabulous addition to the reapers. I can’t wait to read the next book and highly recommend if you haven’t started reading Donna Grant you start today!!
Trish R.
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing

OMG! Is anyone ever going to kill Bran? I’m pretty sick of him. I was hoping that this time it would happen but no such luck. And when are they going to find Eoghan, the Reaper that got taken in a whirlwind of Bran’s magic

Anyway, this was about Ettie, Carrie and Jamie who live in Killarney, the ONLY place in Ireland where no Fae will come, except the Reapers: Daire, Cael, Baylon, Talin, Fintan, Kyran, and the only female Reaper Neve, and horrible Bran. The two each try to get the sisters to side
Avid Reader
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper #5) by Donna Grant
3 stars
M/F Paranormal
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Hmm, this is the first book that I've read in the series and I would suggest that people read the previous books because I definitely felt that I was missing nuances within the story.

Daire and Ettie are a strange couple. Daire is on a mission from death and when they figure out what their rival is searching for, the mission changes drastically. Daire has seen a lot of his
Eva Millien
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Release Review! Dark Alpha's Night (Dark World # 30 / Reapers #5) Donna Grant

Dark Alpha’s Night is a brand new paranormal romance in the Reapers series featuring a brotherhood of elite assassins from New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant. There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I'm coming for you... To some Fae, I am their worst nightmare. For I do Death’s bidding. But for all our
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
True Rating 3.5 stars!

I was super excited when I realized that Dark Alpha’s Night story was about Daire! Daire has been featured in the last few Dark Kings books and I liked his character although I don’t really know that much about him. After seeing how Daire cared for his charge in those books I was surprised by the choice he made at the start of this book, but good for his character because the other choice would have been nothing but drama. Daire has decided that his heart lies with his brot
Meaghan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I enjoyed it while I was reading it, however there were some flaws. The overall series plot seems to have stalled out, as no real progress was made in this book. The romance between Daire and Ettie wasn't terribly believable, although it was fun to read.
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g

Reaper (7 books)
  • Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)
  • Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)
  • Dark Alpha’s Demand (Reaper #3)
  • Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)
“May the sun shine upon you and light your way through the darkness.” 1 likes
“Ettie knew the best thing to do would be to put some distance between her and Daire. Being so close to him was making her feel… all sorts of wanton, lustful things.” 0 likes