Start by marking “The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2)

The Fates Divide

(Carve the Mark #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  11,729 ratings  ·  1,316 reviews
Fate brought them together. Now it will divide them.

The lives of Cyra Noavek and Akos Kereseth are ruled by their fates, spoken by the oracles at their births. The fates, once determined, are inescapable.

Akos is in love with Cyra, in spite of his fate: He will die in service to Cyra’s family. And when Cyra’s father, Lazmet Noavek—a soulless tyrant, thought to be dead—recla
Published April 10th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Fates Divide, please sign up.
Tracy Yes, I just read an article about it. There will be two. The first one just came out today.
ahsi I haven't read the book myself, but I did read a few reveiws and one of them said that Veronica didn't kill anyone, so let's see how that goes
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,025 books — 5,195 voters
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,304 books — 4,766 voters

More lists with this book...

·  11,729 ratings  ·  1,316 reviews

Khurram
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this on the strength of Divergent not the last book in this series. This was a lot better then the first book. I wanted to give it 3.5 stars but is it such an improvement on the last book I thought it deserved a round up rather then down. It is still very slow paced, and there are probably less fights in this book then there were in the last book, but the story is much better and fills in many of the holes/problems in the first book. There is a lot more political intrigue, maneuvering, and ...more
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Sep 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
I'm in the minority side who actually really enjoy reading the first book Carve the Mark.

Cyra and Akos better not die or else I’m going to be pissed 😤😠.
Henni Ro
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As I was one of the few who actually liked the first book Carve the Mark I am really excited for this continuation of the story!

Edit 16th April - Thoughts
I enjoyed The Fates Divide more than the first one. This was a good continuation of the story. I felt immersed into it right away - Veronica Roth didn't take long to get right to business.

The characters and their relations felt more flashed out - it was like a game of chess and we saw every piece move across the board. It didn't feel like Cyra
nadia
There is no way I'm going to be able to wait until 2018 for this.

EDIT : 1/6/2018

"He'd die for her. She'd kill for him."

If you aren't intrigued yet, I don't even know what to tell you. Plus, I absolutely love the cover. It's going to beautifully on my shelf beside the first one:)
Suzanne
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I actually really loved the completion of this duology! I remember being hesitant about reading the first book when it first came out because of the mixed reviews but I usually don’t let that prevent me from checking out a book, and I actually did enjoy the first. But in my opinion, this second book was even better! There were so good twists and yeah someone does die in the first 20 pages, but the story just keeps you interested. I honestly probably would have said this is a one sitting read but ...more
~Poppy~
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Suffer the fate, for all else is delusion.”

“What does Mother always say? Those who go looking for pain...'
'Find it every time,' I replied, completing the phrase.”

I am so glad Cyra&Akos are finally together!!
But what about Eijeh? There's so much more to the story!!!

Liv Wright
Sep 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
It's gonna be awesome guys!!!!!!
Courtney
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read The Fates Divide early. Not only is it filled with the kind of wonder and inventiveness that makes sci-fi a joy to read, it's a thoughtful, clever exploration of strength through its characters--particularly its female characters--that asks us to think differently about how we are strong and how we can be strong in the face of unimaginable odds . . . and to never, ever underestimate ourselves. On top of that, the worldbuilding is excellent, it's action-packed, tension- ...more
Sepani
Am I the only one who didn't enjoy the book?
Why is her writing is so hard for me to understand?
I really tried to get along with the story line but unfortunately it didn't happen.
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
Space was not a finite container, but that didn't mean it was empty. Asteroids, stars, planets, the current stream; space debris, ships, fragmented moons, undiscovered worlds; this was a place of endless possibility and unfathomable freedom. It was not nothing, it was everything.

I had some mixed feelings about the first book, but I entirely loved this one! It was so good!

The inclusion of Eijeh and Cisi's perspectives really added a lot to the story and the world. We got to see so much more throu
Meg Reid
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While the first novel was very much a world-building novel that focused on just one or two specific locations, The Fates Divide is somehow more of an introspective character piece that spans across different planets. It focuses less on the larger world and more on how the characters perceive it. The world-building in Carve the Mark was done through the characters of Cyra, Akos, and company, but the world-building in The Fates Divide is what complicates and develops the characters’ interpersonal ...more
Caroline
May 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Why do I read a book right after it comes out knowing I'm going to love it and then have to wait an entire year for the sequel??

Aditi
“When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.”

----Julia Glass

Veronica Roth, the international bestselling author, is back with a bang and with her new book called, The Fates Divide that marks the end of this fantastic duology named, Carve the Mark. Up in the galaxy of stars and lives, two major planets are at war, and the fates of two teenagers who also happen to be in love with one another, are about to change drasticall
Stepheny
KELLY!!! I need you.

You there? Ok. I’m about to have a Veronica Roth rant and I figured you’d enjoy it.

I am so disappointed. More than most fans were with Allegiant. Personally, I loved Allegiant, but hey to each their own. This book, however, is a different story altogether. When I read Carve the Mark I loved it! I could not get enough of Cyra and Akos. Two star-crossed lovers if ever there were.

The world was a little much. I am not going to lie. I was overwhelmed with the vastness of the int
Carlos
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-btr
Not so bad conclusion to this duology (at least I think is a 2-book series) , but it lacked more structure and plot development. Character development was the greatest thing this series did and it’s minor characters but the plot suffered and it felt like the main plot for the second book (lazmet “Cyra’s dad ) was barely used or given any depth , therefore the whole book suffered. The three stars rating comes from the main characters development alone . Looking forward for whatever else this auth ...more
Rissa
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fates divide 3.75⭐

The first book was more political which is why i wasnt a fan but this book (after having the world and political details already formed) was alot better.
I love the friendships and how each character has their own personality and attitude that shines through so clearly without having to directly say it but how they say it.

I like that they needed to ration and fight through the days it was realistic for a dystopian.
If you didnt really like carve the mark pick this up anywa
Khrys 《TheWaffleGirl》
First off I need to start by saying that I like(d) the first book a lot. I rated it 4 stars. I placed it in the “ilovethissomuch” list that I use to recommend to my real-life friends. I freaked out mentally whenever I saw someone holding a Veronica Roth book in their hands, Carve The Mark or not. I know a good number of people who don’t like this series at all, but I do (did), so much.

So you can imagine how much it hurts for me to say that The Fates Divide was an extremely, unbelievably, ohgodd
Jenn
I felt that this series over all was very disappointing.

At the end of Carve the Mark, our main duo found themselves struggling to find out where they fit after the massive events that took place. And also struggling with their feelings for one another and what that means for their fates. Now as Cyra begins to take her place as leader of the Shotet people, she must face the fact that her father may be alive and ready to start war. Meanwhile, Akos and Cyra are confronted with their actual fates a
Gordana
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FIVE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

THIS BOOK

YOU GUYS- THIS BOOK

WAS ONE EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!

I cannot believe how much I loved it!

Akos and Cyra will forever be in my heart! Their love was intense and unbreakable. It knew no boundaries and held no judgement. They were so accepting and loving it made me want to cry!

I won't spoil anything but all I'm saying is this is a MUST!!! LOVED IT!
Mollyvknize
3,5* ten konec to celkem zachránil a bavil mě. Postavy a prostředí jsou super, stejně jako v jedničce, ale hrozně dlooooouho trvá než se to rozjede... Bohužel. Čáry života považuju za zdařilejší než jejich pokračování, ALE nebyla to žádná tragédie, spíš lehké zklamání. Napsané je to poutavě, čtivě a Veronica Roth si umí hrát se zdánlivě nepodstatnými detaily.
Stacy
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
No spoilers in this review of The Fates Divide. I give it 3 stars. Unlike many readers, I enjoyed Carve the Mark, the first book in this series. Even though the subject matter was much different than Roth’s Divergent series, I saw similarities as far as how both series progressed. They started off with a bang—a promising story with some mysteries about which I was dying to know the answers—but in the end, Roth couldn’t quite deliver.

This sequel got off to an agonizingly slow start. I wasn’t inte
helena
what a brilliant series.

i know, i know. i’m in the minority group who actually thinks this duology was utterly amazing. but i don’t care, i really do.
this is a story about origin, resilience, hope, strength, identity, family. it made me think a lot about xenophobia and preconceptions we gather along in life.

“But right now I’m standing among people who lost something. Friends, family. (...) How can I think that these people are any different from my own, any more worthy of violence or loss?”

the w
Ellie ^.^
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stelle

Un bel continua e finale, l'ho divorato in due giorni!
Non posso parlare molto della trama, ma la storia riprende più o meno nel momento in cui si interrompe il volume precedente.
Mi è piaciuto come le cose si sono evolute e concluse, anche se ho sentito come se qualche questione non fosse stata spiegata al meglio e alcune domande lasciate senza risposta.
I personaggi sono stati la mia parte preferita, perché mi sono piaciuti moltissimo, soprattutto i due protagonisti. Però devo dire c
Mary H
Feb 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
Potentially unpopular opinion: I don't like this cover. I don't like that the title is now orange and a different font from CTM. I think the silver would pop more on that dark background, and it really truly bothers me when fonts and text placement/spacing are different in a series.
Vathna Dany
Apr 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
Okay, the first book sucks real bad but this sounds so cool and OMG, that cover!
Sid
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This duo-logy had characters that were everything but at a different level.
Emotional...throwing suppressed feelings flying everywhere.
Intelligent...striking your mind numb and starting it again.
Fierce...in a way that led you to think was fate really a must weapon
or all you have to do is have belief in yourself.
Independent...still bound by invisible chains.
The story line was a bit shaky but I loved how the characters had
a few choices to make but still managed to get out of those
few options wha
Joost
3.5 ster. Op sommige momenten kon het verhaal mij niet bekoren, terwijl sommige stukken juist fantastisch waren. Recensie lees je hier: https://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie...
Mel
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a strong 3.5 stars. I just can’t justify bumping it to a 4.

It was a bit too slow in my opinion, and I don’t feel like there was enough development to this world for my tastes. A bit too much going on and none of it detailed much. I think a few less tensions and those in here more detailed would have brought this book to a higher rating.
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
Though I gave them the same rating, I preferred this book to the first one.

I was expecting more from the climax it wasn't as intense as I expected, but still was good.

I really liked all of the characters, I ship Akos & Cyra so much.

Akos makes really bad life decisions for the majority of this novel TBH.

Pacing was good.

Ending was beautiful and didn't murder me the way I expected it to.

But really Akos, get it together!
Celine B
Feb 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
2018!!!! It's so unfair to wait that long...
  • Other Worlds
  • The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)
  • Waer
  • Votive (Curse of the Bond Rider #2)
  • The Dwellers Saga Boxed Set
  • Winner Take All
  • The Rift
  • Keeper (Mindjack Origins #4)
  • Strange New World (Brave New Girl, #2)
  • Outwalkers
  • The Undercurrent
  • Ghoulish Song (Zombay, #2)
  • Jane Doe and the Cradle of All Worlds (Jane Doe Chronicles #1)
  • The Emerald Sea (The Glittering Court #3)
  • The Black Volume of the Dead (The Eldest Curses, #3)
  • Navigating the Stars
  • Wilder Country (Winter, #2)
  • Untitled (Shatter Me, #6)
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew up outside o

Carve the Mark (2 books)
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
“A soft heart was a gift, whether given easily or with great reluctance. I would never take it for granted again.” 13 likes
“It was ridiculous.
But so was much of the galaxy.”
8 likes