Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete

Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete

(Pete the Cat)

When the fire alarm goes off, it's Pete the Cat to the rescue! This fun 8x8 storybook includes over 30 groovy stickers.

In Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete from New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean, Pete and his classmates are excited about their field trip to the firehouse. They get to slide down the pole, meet all the brave firefighters, and even try on
Published April 24th 2018 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete
David
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
A completely average Pete the Cat book. Which is to say, it is OK, but never shows any of the personality that its character design suggests. There are many many better books about fire fighters out there for children.

Also, it might lead very small children to think that firefighters might invite them along to fight a real fire, and that it would be a fun little adventure rather than a terrifying battle.
Gayle
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
I know Pete is awesome, but this is just getting silly. Pete goes on a field trip to the fire station and gets to go and actually fight the fire. Just no.
A Allen
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just don't "get" Pete the Cat books but my students enjoy them. This one starts off with a class trip to a fire station and I was really enjoying it!! The reader hears about the children sliding down the pole, trying on the gear, and exploring the firetruck; these are all things I've witnessed children getting to experience while visiting a fire station. Then the book takes a turn and becomes make-believe; Pete goes on a dangerous fire call with the firefighters where he puts out the flames ...more
Cheyenne Bryant
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-31-40
The book "Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete" by James Dean is another tale in the popular "Pete the Cat" series. This story follows Pete as he meets firefighters and spends the day at the local fire station. He gets to try on fire gear, use the water hose, and slide down the fire pole. Young readers will love this fun day at the fire station, as they learn about a popular community helper. James Dean's bold and engaging illustrations, along with engaging use of onomatopoeia, keep the reader ...more
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Typical Pete the Cat artwork. I liked the beginning where Pete's class took a field trip to the fire station and got to crawl around the truck and try out the equipment and learn all about it. I was disappointed, however, in the end when the fire station gets a call and they take Pete along with them and let him help fight the fire. Obviously, this would never happen and I feel like it gives kids the wrong impression. Firefighting takes more than an afternoon of training and I felt like the ...more
Anthony
Pete the Cat and his classmates take a field trip to the local firehouse. They all learn about what firefighters do, and the equipment they use. Suddenly the fire alarm sounds, and Pete the Cat finds himself assisting the firefighters in putting out the fire, and helps save Grumpy Frog from the burning building.
Amanda
Pete the Cat goes on a field trip to the firehouse. Somehow this morphs into Pete actually becoming a firefighter. I feel like that escalated quickly, but Ozman did not. Thinking of seeing if the firefighters I know will give him his own tour of the firehouse, since he enjoyed this book!
Mariah Blair
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My son and I enjoyed this book! I prefer the Pete the Cat books without songs in them and liked this one. My son loves Pete the Cat and firefighters/fire trucks, so this was the perfect combo! There's a ton of firefighter books out there, and this one may not be the best, but it's good!
AMY
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 1 - 3
Pretty good book. It details a firefighter’s life. Pete participates while on a school field trip. Pete fans will enjoy it. Recommended Grades 1-3.
Yojalma Moleterno
Cute book

Another great Pete the cat book. The kids enjoyed it a lot, especially my daughter who aspires to be a firefighter one day.
Kelly
Pete goes on a school trip to the fire station and then goes out on a fire call.
Vicki
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
A well told story about a visit to the firehouse (or as we say in our small town, the firebarn!).

The artwork is in typical James Dean/Pete the Cat rendering.

Mandy
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PK-K
Shelves: picture-books
(3.5)
Diane Barber
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My children love Pete the Cat books and fire trucks. I was really excited to find this book that has both! I am sure it will be a new favorite.
PWRL
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-new
SM
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!
Maggie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 4 year old nephew loves these books.
OMGHeygirlhey
May 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Build, Dogs, Build: A Tall Tail
  • I'm Brave!
  • There Was an Old Astronaut Who Swallowed the Moon!
  • Curious George Goes Camping
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • That's Not My Reindeer: Its Body Is Too Furry
  • I'm a Unicorn (Little Golden Book)
  • My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie Keeps a Secret
  • Little Bear's Little Boat
  • Meet the Easter Beagle!
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Kitten
  • The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium
  • The Nose Book
  • Little Excavator
  • Twenty Big Trucks in the Middle of the Street
  • Just So Thankful
  • Tack and the Beanstalk
  • JoJo and Daddy Bake a Cake

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes