Start by marking “The Third Kiss” as Want to Read:
The Third Kiss

The Third Kiss

(Love's Mortal Coil #1)

Love curses don't exist. At least that's what Jonas, master of the meaningless hookup, tells himself when a letter warns him he's an Eros Guardian cursed to endure a test of true love or forever be alone. His levelheaded longtime friend Cora figures it's a revenge prank by an ex. The way Jonas stamps each girlfriend with a weeklong use-by date, it serves him right.

But when
Published July 19th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Third Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Kiss

Start your review of The Third Kiss
Kira Simion
I received an electronic advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review. Thank you very much Katharina Colmer and Entangled Publishing for this copy. I can't wait to start! :D

A story of love, magic, sprinkled with adventurous lore. The Third Kiss definitely uses its romantic title to pull you in while it's nice characters and magic keep you bound.

The characters of Thr Third Kiss start normally, everyone meeting everyone. Then all hell breaks loose when magic combined with the reality of
Annika
description

This book had all the makings for an epic love story. And while it did deliver on everything else I look for in an engaging urban fantasy read, I was left a little disappointed with the romance part. Though I admit that this book was blessedly uncheesy, I was desperate for a little more lurve, especially considering that a love curse is actually the main theme.

Still, I absolutely loved the story-telling and its nearly perfect flow, the action sequences, the mythology and world-building, the
Tiffany Heywood
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Third Kiss is the 1st book in the Loves Mortalk Coil series by Ya Australia author Kat Colmer. It is about:

“Love curses don’t exist. At least that’s what Jonas, master of the meaningless hookup, tells himself when a letter warns him he’s an Eros Guardian cursed to endure a test of true love or forever be alone. His levelheaded longtime friend Cora figures it’s a revenge prank by an ex. The way Jonas stamps each girlfriend with a weeklong use-by date, it serves him right.

But when an
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2017
MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I want to first start off this review by explaining that I don't prefer fantasy and supernatural aspects in my young adult/new adult stories. It's just not my cup of tea most of the times but I was given the opportunity by Entangled Teen to review this interesting tale of two people who are destined for each other and who are also fighting against it so I couldn't really pass it up.

While I had difficulty believing the
Catriona Corby
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very kindly sent an ARC of The Third Kiss. This novel was a relative forage into the unknown, not being romantically inclined myself, but what I found within its (digital) pages more than satisfied my taste for a good book. There’s something for everyone in The Third Kiss, with the budding romance between the two protagonists linking mythology, adventure, and morality. Part coming-of-age, and part romance, the novel plays out in two distinct planes, whose boundaries increasingly blur as ...more
Cecily Wolfe
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This wonderful YA mythology-themed romantic fantasy is an intriguing start to a new series. There is a great blend of romance, humor, and believable dialogue between the characters that kept me turning those pages. I would highly recommend this for fans of Michelle Madow and Bree Despain.
Richard
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Third Kiss is a good long way from my comfort zone. YA romance with a healthy dose of mythology. But Kat Colmer would be a great writer in whatver genre she chose. In a story that concerns love, honesty, family history and the old testament too what I loved most is the wonderful humour that is always there in any circumstance.

It will definitely appeal to readers of fantasy, mythology and magic realism. But it will mainly appeal to lovers of very fine writing with characters who are very
Lauren
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*

Kat Colmer's The Third Kiss has been high on my wish list ever since I first heard about it. Then I saw the cover and I had a case of insta-cover love. Isn't it just gorgeous? I love the purples. Luckily, The Third Kiss turned out to be just as amazing as I had hoped, if not more! Containing an intricate curse, a will-they-or-won't-they romance, and plenty of funny banter, The Third Kiss had me hooked from page one!

A year ago, Jonas and Cora shared a sudden kiss. Then Cora got on a plane
Arys
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-reads
The Third Kiss (Love's Mortal Coil #1) by Kat Colmer is book one in her Love's Mortal Coil series about Jonas Leander and his longtime friend, Cora Hammond. A year-ago, they shared a spur-of-the-moment kiss that both are pretending didn't happen as they reunite, on Jonas and his twin sister Beth's eighteenth birthday.

Known for his lack of commitment in the dating area, Jonas is taken back by a mysterious letter he receives under his door stating that he'll have to endure a test of true love or
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
If you’ve ever wanted more fantasy in adorable contemporary romance novels, this is the book for you. The Third Kiss is an absolute gem and I am so glad I took a chance on it. The story is part romance, part fantasy, and part coming-of-age. The characters stole my heart from page one (okay, maybe Jonas took a bit longer). If you’re looking for a lighthearted read for the summer, absolutely pick this one up.

The Third Kiss started off a contemporary novel. Cora, coming back from a year in New York
Stephanie Ward
'The Third Kiss' is an excellent first installment in a fresh new young adult fantasy series that readers are going to love. I'm so happy and excited that this is only the first book in a series, because I want more! I loved pretty much everything about this novel - the writing was fantastic, the story line had me riveted, and the characters were realistic and likeable. The author did a wonderful job bringing the story to life - she had me believing that ancient love curses, demons, and Eros ...more
lacy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, arc-copy, 2017, 4-stars, c
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

You would think that a love curse and the friends to lovers trope would be over played in the YA world, right? Well you are wrong when it comes to this book. And for the record, the friends to lovers trope is my favorite. Because the two characters obviously have something that made them friends in the first place. Being lovers is an added bonus and eliminates that awkward getting to know you stage. You
KarenJo Custodio
4.5 Stars - Fun Swoony Romance with a Paranormal Twist

When I read the premise for this book, I immediately requested. I already love books with romance in them so the idea of love curses just made me even more interested.

The writing in this book is so creative, vibrant and compelling. I found myself trying to squeeze reading time during work just cause I needed to know what happened next. The plot is engaging, hilarious, suspenseful and so much fun. I was really fascinated with the mythology
Beaches&Books
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
But when an impulsive kiss between the two friends reveals potential for more, Cora becomes the target of the Groth Maar: demons.
Hanna Evaldsson
To start off simple, I can firstly say that, yes, I liked the book. The Third Kiss is about teenage love which so many of us can relate to, and the fact that the main characters were eighteen (or at least very soon to be) and not the dreaded seventeen actually made a difference in my opinion.

Kat Colmer’s way of writing everyday situations made up for the, perhaps a bit cheesy, talk surrounding mythology and everything that comes with it, but also how the fantasy of it all is intertwined in
Jennifer Redmile
What a gem! This very well written story has a bit of everything any reader would enjoy. Romance, drama, comedy, action and lots of plot twists. Ms Comer has created an amazing and unique world inhabited by an engaging and lovable cast of characters, with a tightly woven and intriguing plot. Personally, I can't wait for the next book in the series. Well done Kat Colmer!
Tamar Sloan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, sexy and sassy all in one book! Could not recommend it enough! The Third kiss is the story of strong, smart Cora and sexy Jonas - and the two are about to discover love can't be sidestepped, not matter how much it frightens and challenges you. Get this book peeps, you won't regret it!
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Definitely unlike any book that I've ever read before with a rich mythology, interesting characters, and swoony moments.
Elizabeth
Kat Colmer has produced a winning debut with The Third Kiss. The author has a gift for throwing you right into the scene, and a knack for portraying smart and sassy characters.

The Third Kiss alternates point of view with each chapter, revolving around two older teenage protagonists: Jonas and Cora. Jonas is incapable of maintaining relationships for longer than a week, and Cora isn’t interested in merely being one more notch in someone’s belt. For many years, they’ve been close friends, but even
Dove
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you ever had a LOVE CURSE and you only have 3 kisses to find your one true love what will you do? I would totally freak out. Anyway this romantic-fantasy book is about LOVE CURSES. The first time I saw it on NetGalley, I didn’t hesitate to check it out and read its synopsis. I was so intrigued since I love fantasy with tons of romance, so I requested it and thank heavens they approved my request.

We have our hero Jonas, who’s a total player and never been into a long term relationship. He’s
Nayab
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me apologise in advance for the rambly review…

***

Gah! How do I write this review without giving things away?

Well, I’m giving it a go! (Wish me luck!)

Let me start at the very beginning…When I first read The Third Kiss’ blurb I was interested but I didn’t have too many expectations going in; in fact I don’t think I had any at all. How was I to know that this would become my sit-in-one-spot-hold-your-pee-in-for-three-and-a-half-hours, book?

Yes, that happened

Well, I didn’t technically sit
Olivia
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The Third Kiss” is an interesting (but predictable) YA romance that centers around a curse. As it says in the description, we learn that Jonas is an Eros Guardian and has three chances at love (signaled by kisses) to find someone to be with him forever. As you can imagine, the third kiss is the one that will matter. Cora has just returned to Australia from Manhattan, where she lived with her mother for the last year after her parents’ divorce. She is eager to return to her BFFs, Beth and Jonas, ...more
April
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Third Kiss is a fast moving, fun, and delightful read. It's pretty much equal parts romance, mythology, and action. I really enjoyed the contemporary feel of the friends/girl next door turns into something more storyline, mixed with the more supernatural feeling of the Eros Guardian mythology. That magical realism is definitely one of my favorite parts of the book. When Jonas starts finding out more about this love curse and discovers an unknown enemy, the Groth Maar, that's when the action ...more
D.M.
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Third Kiss is beautifully crafted and perfectly executed. This book had me guessing all the way through.

Love cures are long gone with the once upon time stories. Jonas is celebrating his birthday when he receives a strange voodoo type letter. It can't have meaning, can it? After a string of bad luck with the ladies, Jonas is rethinking the letter. With a little help from his friends, he wants to work out what is going on.

Cora is back in town. Last time she was here she accidentally kissed
Jackie Turner
Victoria Bunce
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA readers, NA, romance
Shelves: reviewed
Please note: I received a copy of THE THIRD KISS from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the publisher and author.

FIVE STARS! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!!!

Here’s why:

Kat Colmer’s debut novel sucked me in from page one! I got nothing done! I literally sat in a chair and read the entire book in one sitting! Friends to lovers is a trope I am fond of, and Cora and Jonas have a hella-hot attraction in spades! Plus, I love the mythology coupled with the drama, romance, and plot
Taryn Bashford
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a dose of mythology, a handful of humor and a bucketload of writing talent, I highly recommend this romance-led YA debut. I love the quirky writing style from Kat, and she's one of those clever authors who draws you right into the action so that you feel like you're right there. I hope we don't have to wait a whole year for the next in the trilogy!
Katherine Paschal
**4.5 Out Of 5 Stars **
During his 18th birthday party, Jonas receives a strange anonymous card with a vague poem in it talking about three kisses and being rejected if love is not true, which he promptly forgets about. But then strange things are happening around him, girls desiring him (as per the norm) and then the next day telling him he is unwanted, and the card seems to have changed. Not only is he confused over the adverse reaction from his previously admiring crowd, but his best friend
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Eva
kat colmer's debut, the third kiss, takes two best friends and two inexplicable kisses and makes them the biggest deal. before cora left sydney for manhattan for a year she kissed her best friend jonas. then she was gone and they never talked about it. and things were weird, but then got better and now that she's back in sydney she hopes they don't ever have to talk about it.

she still doesn't know why she kissed him. she was sad and scared and he was there for her. he's always been there for

• Summoner
  • Black Bird of the Gallows (Black Birds of the Gallows, #1)
  • Haven
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
  • Saving It
Kat Colmer is a Sydney-based Young Adult author who writes coming-of-age stories with humour and heart. She has a Master of Education in Teacher Librarianship and loves working with teens and young adults. When not writing, teaching, or reading the latest in YA fiction, Kat spends time with her husband and two children.