Start by marking “Elemental Rising (Elemental Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Rising (Elemental Trilogy, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Elemental Rising

(Elemental Trilogy #1)

Maia, Elf princess of Elveron, has studied for almost a century to become a Prime Elemental but, when she finally completes her final test, which she had to take on Earth, something unexpected happens, and she brings with her the very thing she tried to leave behind.

Now she is faced with responsibilities she thinks she is not ready for, a love she does not reciprocate, and
Published July 14th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Rising, please sign up.
Toni Cox The manuscript is currently with my proof-readers and editors.
If all goes well, I will be submitting my manuscript 1st week of Feb 2017.
After that, it…more
The manuscript is currently with my proof-readers and editors.
If all goes well, I will be submitting my manuscript 1st week of Feb 2017.
After that, it will be only a matter of weeks before it will be available online.(less)

Sian B. Claven
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Upon her return from her final test on Earth, Maia makes a monumental mistake that puts her in a coma and almost claims her life. But when she wakes, she realizes that the worst is not over yet; she has brought back with her the very thing she tried to leave behind. Faced with responsibilities she thinks she is not ready for, a love she does not reciprocate, and a threat to her people that might kill them all, she is suddenly forced to become what she is supposed to be-a Prime. But she is not re ...more
Bianca Eksteen
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is a good story and how does one define it? Well that is simple, it needs to be captivating till the end. Captivating is definitely what I would call this book by new Author Toni Cox.
Elemental Rising is the first book in a trilogy, it is a strong start to an amazingly unique fantasy tale.
Maia's tale is one of the most developed and rich stories I've read in a long while.
The beginning of the story where Maia is on Earth has to be the one of the most realistic depiction of what our earth c
Chrissi
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I was completely drawn into this world the author has crafted. The scenery is easy to envision, and you quickly become lost to the 'normal' world. The characters are well developed and the storyline flows really well with some twists and a little action, the book will completely hold your attention. Cannot wait for the 2nd book.
Darren
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read and serious page turner. I really enjoyed how the story flows along, finding out about the characters and learning abit more about them as the story develops.
I class a great book as something that keeps your attention throughout, and leaves you wanting
more when that final page is turned, this does exactly that.
Seeing that this is a TRILOGY, I cant wait for book two.
Bikramjeet
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so this book is amazing! Author Toni Cox has a great talent of writing descriptions, I could easily visualize the book. The characters were good and 3 dimensional. It was easy to emotinally connect with the characters. I loved those elves in it. I highly recommend this book.
Jackie
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a magical tale; so well-crafted and absorbing; an amazing array of characters; I have become emotionally invested; I need to continue with the tale – Well Done Toni Cox – A Masterpiece
Robyn
The Book(excerpt from authors Facebook page)

Follow Maia on her journey as she learns what it means to be an adult Elf, an Elemental and the Prime of her people. Her story is fraught with perilous challenges, terrifying nightmares and raging battles of war. But she has her mentor, Silas, and her dragon, Midnight, who help guide her to the final challenge. There she discovers that she has never been complete until then and her life changes … forever.

What I liked

1. Maia is an incredible character t
Laraphrase
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toni Cox has an amazing story. She has this gift of description. she could describe colours to the blind. I could see everything and everyone throughout her book without difficulty and the vast characters are deliciously thought out. I love the Elven Lore combined with the Dragon Lore that is so well entwined with the story. I wish I could go to Elveron so that I could live among the peaceful beauty. I feel that the story could have ended with a more shocking cliff hanger. While I enjoy the surp ...more
Kelan Gerriety
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elemental Rising follows Maia on her journey back home when she mistakenly brings her human family with her. A family she once loved dearly, a lifetime ago, but she's a very different person now and it takes her time to reconnect with them and deal with the ever-constant shadow of Death and the threat of Vampyres.

One of the things I truly loved and admired about this book, is the anger and bitterness felt by her human husband Aaron. He feels betrayed and cheated, how dare she not tell him she wa
Elaina
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy is my favourite, from the unexpected to the expected. After all, every writer tells a different story. Having said that, Elemental Rising gives the reader both! The expected – Elves, dragons, and other creatures (including a tame wolf!) – but also the unexpected, in that humans inadvertently land up this world known as Elveron. Given that, I delved in.

Maia is a Prime Elemental, which means she has many talents, including that of Life. Her nemesis seems to be her counterpart – a Death Ele
Pieter Lombaard
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
OK'ish, but no surprises and no mystery. In my opinion the story was too flat. There was tension building with Adam but then that completely disappeared. Nothing really gripped me unfortunately. Maybe the next two books will build on the theme but I will give it a skip.
Darren
Jun 08, 2016
Toni Cox
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lobosmcg
Jan 17, 2019
Toni Cox
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alida Nicholson
Gaourish Gps
Nikoletta
Tim Gray
Feb 27, 2017
Born in Germany in 1976, Toni Cox moved to South Africa in 1991. Although she has spent much of her working career in the timber wholesale business, she is also an accomplished horse rider, has a diploma in project management, photography, and nutrition, and has a passion for books and all things fantasy.

From a young age, her dream had always been to put her imagination into words - give the stori

Elemental Trilogy (3 books)
  • Elemental Betrayal (Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Forbidden Elemental (Elemental Trilogy, #3)
“Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.” 4 likes