Start by marking “Elemental Rising (Elemental Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Rising (Elemental Trilogy, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Elemental Rising

(Elemental Trilogy #1)

Maia, Elf princess of Elveron, has studied for almost a century to become a Prime Elemental but, when she finally completes her final test, which she had to take on Earth, something unexpected happens, and she brings with her the very thing she tried to leave behind.

Now she is faced with responsibilities she thinks she is not ready for, a love she does not reciprocate, and
Published July 14th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Rising, please sign up.
Toni Cox The manuscript is currently with my proof-readers and editors.
If all goes well, I will be submitting my manuscript 1st week of Feb 2017.
After that, it…more
The manuscript is currently with my proof-readers and editors.
If all goes well, I will be submitting my manuscript 1st week of Feb 2017.
After that, it will be only a matter of weeks before it will be available online.(less)

Start your review of Elemental Rising (Elemental Trilogy, #1)
Sian Claven
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Upon her return from her final test on Earth, Maia makes a monumental mistake that puts her in a coma and almost claims her life. But when she wakes, she realizes that the worst is not over yet; she has brought back with her the very thing she tried to leave behind. Faced with responsibilities she thinks she is not ready for, a love she does not reciprocate, and a threat to her people that might kill them all, she is suddenly forced to become what she is supposed to be-a Prime. But she is not re ...more
Rachel
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The world building for this novel is highly detailed and extensive. The specifics of how the Elves live on their world was so interesting; I almost wanted to go there to learn from and live with them!
Don't let the vast number of characters that are introduced overwhelm you - there is a handy glossary at the end of the book that helps keep all the Elves straight! The story itself is fascinating. Even with longer scenes focusing on history or crafting in the Elvish culture, I never got bored or l
Lillian Wakulchyk
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this from Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review. Tremendous world building - I was still expecting to figure out how Maia’s earth family got where they did, but there was too much other actions happening . Well written, great development of characters, look forward to the next instalment !
Bianca Eksteen
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is a good story and how does one define it? Well that is simple, it needs to be captivating till the end. Captivating is definitely what I would call this book by new Author Toni Cox.
Elemental Rising is the first book in a trilogy, it is a strong start to an amazingly unique fantasy tale.
Maia's tale is one of the most developed and rich stories I've read in a long while.
The beginning of the story where Maia is on Earth has to be the one of the most realistic depiction of what our earth c
Chrissi
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I was completely drawn into this world the author has crafted. The scenery is easy to envision, and you quickly become lost to the 'normal' world. The characters are well developed and the storyline flows really well with some twists and a little action, the book will completely hold your attention. Cannot wait for the 2nd book.
Kitt
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful fantasy book, first in an exciting new series. I loved the characters, especially the spirited Maia, the world-building, and the adventure. I am definitely looking to explore more of this great series.

Darren
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read and serious page turner. I really enjoyed how the story flows along, finding out about the characters and learning abit more about them as the story develops.
I class a great book as something that keeps your attention throughout, and leaves you wanting
more when that final page is turned, this does exactly that.
Seeing that this is a TRILOGY, I cant wait for book two.
LORRIE
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, heart pounding and fantaatic
Bikramjeet
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so this book is amazing! Author Toni Cox has a great talent of writing descriptions, I could easily visualize the book. The characters were good and 3 dimensional. It was easy to emotinally connect with the characters. I loved those elves in it. I highly recommend this book.
Jackie
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a magical tale; so well-crafted and absorbing; an amazing array of characters; I have become emotionally invested; I need to continue with the tale – Well Done Toni Cox – A Masterpiece
Sharon Lash
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful read! I loved the characters and how well they were written. I can't wait to get the next book in this trilogy.! If you like reading about elves this is a must read!
Robyn
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Book(excerpt from authors Facebook page)

Follow Maia on her journey as she learns what it means to be an adult Elf, an Elemental and the Prime of her people. Her story is fraught with perilous challenges, terrifying nightmares and raging battles of war. But she has her mentor, Silas, and her dragon, Midnight, who help guide her to the final challenge. There she discovers that she has never been complete until then and her life changes … forever.

What I liked

1. Maia is an incredible character t
Donald
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elves and the elements.

Awesome Story line with lots of twist and turns. She returned to her home on another world. Her husband and two children came along somehow. Makes a great story and her being an element for Life. 5 senses. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Tanya
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has trained all her life to be the elemental of her people but she has brought something with her and she fails the final test. What is she going to do? Can she over come the problem and be what she must be? See what will happen

Laraphrase
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toni Cox has an amazing story. She has this gift of description. she could describe colours to the blind. I could see everything and everyone throughout her book without difficulty and the vast characters are deliciously thought out. I love the Elven Lore combined with the Dragon Lore that is so well entwined with the story. I wish I could go to Elveron so that I could live among the peaceful beauty. I feel that the story could have ended with a more shocking cliff hanger. While I enjoy the surp ...more
Kelan Gerriety
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elemental Rising follows Maia on her journey back home when she mistakenly brings her human family with her. A family she once loved dearly, a lifetime ago, but she's a very different person now and it takes her time to reconnect with them and deal with the ever-constant shadow of Death and the threat of Vampyres.

One of the things I truly loved and admired about this book, is the anger and bitterness felt by her human husband Aaron. He feels betrayed and cheated, how dare she not tell him she wa
Elaina
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy is my favourite, from the unexpected to the expected. After all, every writer tells a different story. Having said that, Elemental Rising gives the reader both! The expected – Elves, dragons, and other creatures (including a tame wolf!) – but also the unexpected, in that humans inadvertently land up this world known as Elveron. Given that, I delved in.

Maia is a Prime Elemental, which means she has many talents, including that of Life. Her nemesis seems to be her counterpart – a Death Ele
Diane Major
Life and Death

Diane
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story plot was good, it was interesting that the humans came with Maia when she crossed over. The author gives you a lot of description of the characters and the surrounding area, however at times I found this disruptive and made it hard to get back into the story. The last three chapters of the book were excellent and riveting. You never find out if they saved the captured elves though. Maybe in book two we will find out why the Vampryes came. Also want to know why life and Death Elementals ...more
Ondeane Lourens
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book and would love to read the rest of the series. I enjoyed the magical world that Toni created and truly hope that Earth never gets to the point of the Earth in her story.

I feel sad for Aaron and I hope that in the following books he is not shattered. I also thought that Midnight was a nice touch.
Ann Daniel
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

This was a a book which was a gift from the author. I have to say I loved it the story line was different from any fantasy book id read but in a great way .it's brilliantly written the story draws you in from the beginning leaving you not wanting to put it down so much so I read in in a day !! I'm so very looking forward to the next chapter in the story
Pieter Lombaard
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
OK'ish, but no surprises and no mystery. In my opinion the story was too flat. There was tension building with Adam but then that completely disappeared. Nothing really gripped me unfortunately. Maybe the next two books will build on the theme but I will give it a skip.
Stephen
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just didn't like this. I don't like books that start in one place and end up in another. This was slow to me and the story left allot to be desired.
Danylle
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is well written, with good character development. It’s a new twist on a book with action, love, exploring and fighting. Well worth the read
Lisa Whitehead
Enjoyed this book, but some parts had me wanting to skip past to get to better bits.
Elizabeth Lavender
Mar 15, 2020
Darren
Jun 08, 2016
Toni Cox
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written
Lobosmcg
Jan 17, 2019
Toni Cox
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written

• Micah's Mock Matrimony (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #7)
  • Siren's Call (Dark Tides #1)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Vampire Addiction (The Vampires of Athens, #1)
  • Reckless In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #2)
  • When Vamps Bite (Bedlam in Bethlehem #1)
  • Blades of Magic (Crown Service, #1)
  • Melting into You (Stewart Island, #2)
  • Wild Regency Roses of Passion
  • Rise of the Hellion (Foxblood, #2)
  • A Brush with the Moon (Foxblood, #1)
  • The Dark Truth
  • Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • How To Write That Scene: Professional Techniques For Fiction Authors (Writer's Craft Book 28)
  • Fall from Grace (Foxblood, #3)
  • Kiss Me at Willoughby Close (Willoughby Close #4)
  • Fat Girl (Romance in Rehoboth, #0.5)
  • Dragon Untameable (Alveria Dragon Akademy's Untameables Book 1)
Born in Germany in 1976, Toni Cox moved to South Africa in 1991. Although she has spent much of her working career in the timber wholesale business, she is also an accomplished horse rider, has a diploma in project management, photography, and nutrition, and has a passion for books and all things fantasy.

From a young age, her dream had always been to put her imagination into words - give the stori

Elemental Trilogy (3 books)
  • Elemental Betrayal (Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Forbidden Elemental (Elemental Trilogy, #3)