Start by marking “Stricken” as Want to Read:
Stricken

Stricken

Naomi doesn't expect anything unusual from her annual family trip to visit her grandparents in Ireland. What she expects is to celebrate her thirteenth birthday, hang out with her friends Ciara and Shehan, and deal with her gran's Alzheimer's. What she finds is a country hit by an unexpected virus that rapidly infects the majority of the Irish population over the age of tw ...more
Published November 4th 2017 by Dancing Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about Stricken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stricken

D.M.
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm putting Stricken in the teen horror genre. It's a watered down version of a zombie virus story. No one is dying but the adults are losing their memories. The virus has been compared to Alzheimer's disease.

Naomi is visiting her grandparents in Ireland. Her family visit every year. She has made friends with some local teenagers and isn't expecting anything different from the previous years. There is a cute boy she likes but that's about as crazy as it may get.

When Naomi and her family arrive
Summer
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Naomi and her parents spend every summer in Ireland visiting her grandparents though she knows this summer will be different since her grandmother’s Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Naomi’s braced for changes and forgetfulness in her grandmother, what she and no one else expected is that something that mimics the symptoms of Alzheimer’s is infecting other adults, leading to chaos, danger, and kids fending for themselves.

Naomi feels as if she’s fallen behind her Irish friends maturity-wise, so the story gi
Erica Mae Campos
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at my blog for a tour: https://bookishpuffcorn.wordpress.com...

Stricken by C.K. Kelly Martin is a really awesome book! And the cover looks like a superhero that has risen from chaos, right? Or is it just me? Lol.

I was really excited to read this because it sounded really good and guess what? It is! No disappointments here. Stricken brings you action, thriller, and a tale between family and friends.

Naomi is in Ireland with her mom for their summer vacation with her grandp
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Naomi and her mom are looking forward to spending time in Ireland with her mother’s parents. She is also looking forward to spending time with her friends Ciara and Shehan during their time there. She has gotten to know Ciara and Shehan very well as they make the trip once year. Naomi doesn’t expect that this year will be any different than the years before except this year she will be celebrating her thirteenth birthday with a bar-b-que.

Naomi’s gran has Alzheimer but she seems to be getting wo
CC
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MG. When Naomi goes to Ireland for a month, for her usual vacation away from Toronto, she's excited to see her friends Ciara and crush-worthy Shehan. While prepared to deal with her Gran's emerging Alzheimer's, she's stunned when a group of older adults, and then younger ones, including her own mom, come down with a strange amnesiac disease. Reasoning has no effect, and the strange and impulsive behavior leads to a mass quarantine, with hordes of adults being contained by the government for thei ...more
Cee
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: canlit-2017
Stricken is a the story of a group of teens living in Ireland whose world turns upside down when a strange virus begins to attack adults, leaving them with symptoms akin to Alzheimer's. Naomi must use all of her resources as the adults in her life slip away and survival becomes more and more elusive.
Younger teens who enjoy sci-fi thrillers will delight in Naomi's endurance and fortitude. The novel is somewhat unresolved at the end, perhaps there will be a sequel?
Meg
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A family vacation is supposed to be fun. But what if your family vacation turns into the worst nightmare imaginable? That is what happens to Naomi and her family on their Irish vacation. Naomi faces perils that no one should have to face. Her struggles, failures, and triumphs kept me reading until the conclusion. I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway program.
Kkharvey
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
The story is fascinating. I really enjoyed the second half of the novel better than the first.

The first half of the novel came across a little too staged - where things fell into place too predictably.
Jackie Turner
I thought that this was a very intriguing middle grade book! I’ve been a sucker for stories set in Ireland so of course I had to sign up for this one.

The characters were more grown up than most thirteen to fifteen year olds that I know which caught me off guard. I actually kept thinking that they were much older with how mature they all seemed to be!

I loved the premise for this book and found that it was a quick read for me! It’s one I’d recommend if you need something that’s a fun little read!

Marcia
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good book for young adults and would keep them engaged. Aliens aren't my cup of tea though. I also didn't like that the ending left one hanging. A second book is sure to come!
Bubbly
Mar 30, 2018
Adam
Nov 22, 2017
C.K. Martin
Aug 02, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ingrid
Oct 16, 2017
Christine Schmor
Oct 19, 2017
  • Dreaming Dangerous
  • Bat and the Waiting Game (A Boy Called Bat, #2)
  • Atazia
  • Breakout
  • A Stone for Sascha
  • Outlaw Heroes
  • Sean Yeager and the DNA Thief (Sean Yeager Adventures, #1)
  • The Stone Girl's Story
  • From Bedtime On
  • For Your Safety
  • Honker Pig
  • The Little Black Wedding Dress
  • Finn Finnegan (The Adventures of Finn MacCullen, #1)
  • Book of Monsters - Dragons
  • Princess Hiccup
  • I Missed the Spring
  • Mark of the Centipede (Timeshifters Journey, #1)
  • In Disguise!: Undercover with Real Women Spies
Long before I was an author I was a fan of books about Winnie the Pooh, Babar, Madeline, Anne Shirley and anything by Judy Blume. Throughout high school my favourite class was English. No surprise, then, that most of my time spent at York University in Toronto was as an English major—not the traditional way to graduate with a B.A. (Hons) in film studies but a fine way to get a general arts educati ...more