Start by marking “The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)

The Royal Marine

(The Sin Bin #4)

Who keeps the Royal Marine's heart safe when he's running headlong into danger?

Akash Robinson fuses his Indian and British heritage into his baked creations. His life is all things sugar and spice, especially when a blind date leads him to the older military man of his dreams. Family, friends, and an unwanted admirer all threaten both his sanity and his budding romance.

Ham
Published October 14th 2017 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Royal Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Royal Marine

An Unsuitable Heir by K.J. CharlesFive Dares by Eli EastonKill Game by Cordelia KingsbridgeOff the Ice by Avon GaleSightlines by Santino Hassell
October 2017 MM Releases
156 books — 278 voters
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupéryThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanA Little Princess by Frances Hodgson BurnettPrince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Royalty
1,324 books — 145 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
Cadiva
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favourite one so far

I loved everything about this one.

The age gap, the mixed cultural heritage of Aki and his bakery, Hamish's teasing work colleagues, the twins at Akash's, and the relationship development.

There's a bit of angst in this one as Hamish's team heads off to dangerous places around the world as part of their security business, but the relationship is solid.

They're seriously sweet together, also funny and sexy and the whole book is just a great read.
namericanwordcat
This is a strange romance where the side details seems to overshadow the romance. I want more falling in love for these heroes who I like a great deal.

The baking is awesome as is the the made and actual families. Except for Scottie who is so over the top awful that it makes my nose wrinkle in distaste every time he is on the the scene.

This is my second book in the series and while I enjoyed it in some ways I am just not getting enough romance and emotionial connection between the heroes to make
Kirk
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, m-m-romance
This book’s blurb was so interesting I had to read it and I also loved the fact it was set in the UK. I was hooked from the first few pages and I just loved the chat and the sarcastic comments between all the friends which just drew me in, it was funny, very refreshing and it just appealed to my British sense of humour. The story’s about Akash, an Anglo-Indian baker who has his own shop in Cardiff, and Hamish, an ex-Royal Marine who now runs his own security company. They meet and start dating, ...more
Maya
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
Cat
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Great Addition to a Fun Series

This was my first read by this author, and it quickly became apparent that I needed to read the first three in the Sin Bin Series. There is quite a bit that is assumed already known by the reader, so I would not classify this as a standalone novel. Thankfully, I was able to read the first three and then go back to this one, at which time I realized I’d stumbled onto a *great* author!

The plot is fairly straightforward, but has so many quirky side situations th
Mari  Cardenas
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars, age-gap, fun, hot
4.5 Stars!!!

While all books in The Sin Bin series can be read as standalones, I think the series is better appreciated as a whole and truly, you'll be missing out if you don't read it all.

Akash Robinson is set up on two blind dates on the same night and while one is disastrous, the other has the potential to be the real thing. Hamish Ross thinks he has no time for love, but one kiss changes his mind for good. However, there are things that might put a damper on their budding romance.

Akash was
Kathy Wideman
This is the forth book in this series and they are better if they are read in order. I love this is series and this book was no exception. Dahlia is a fantastic author. Akash was set up on two blind dates on the same night. One date was with Hamish the Royal Marine and the other was with Scotty the angry ex-rugby player. Akash and Hamish hit it off right away. Akash is an Indian/British baker. Hamish carries with him the men he has lost in battle and Akash is a sweet, kind, younger man. Hamish a ...more
Lisa
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved how this one began with Akash being set up on two dates at the same time with both Scottie and Hamish. It doesn't end well as fists and words fly. What is clear is that Hamish finishes out on top, Scottie is an idiot with anger management problems and Akash can hold his own and doesn't take any messing.

As Hamish and Akash grow closer and explore a relationship, they have to work through Hamish's long absences for work, Scottie's continued interest in Akash and someone's desire to ruin Ak
Kaye
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful camaraderie.

Such a wonderful series with great men who'll do anything for one another.

When I first read about Akash in the first book as a love interest for Freddie I expected someone very quiet and possibly meek but he is nothing like that at all!  I love how he is sweet yet strong and boy does he know how to defend himself verbally and physically.

Hamish is strong a man of principle and who is reliable and caring.  It's the most obvious trait that they all share.  It's not just for ea
MariaLisa deMora
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
After a seemingly slow start that had me wondering where my lovely Dahlia had gone, she kicked the storyline into freakin' high gear and I could hardly put the book down. "That's more like it," I thought to myself as I snuggled into the couch. "There's the Donovan I know, the author whose work I love."

Then she took hold of my heart and cast it up into my throat, making my eyes leak because the love story between the Marine and his Baker is one of the sweetest I've had the pleasure of reading in
Melanie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

Rating 4 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-c4X

From that review: " So once again, I've found myself starting a series at book four!  What a surprise! Not!  I give up, it really seems to be just a path I'm meant to take so I'm embracing it because again I'm going to have to go back to the beginning and pick up all the preceding stories.  Why?  Because of the heartwarming success of The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin #4) by Dahlia Don
ReadingAllNite
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Another great entry in this wonderful series. The MC’s aren’t rugby players but they are good friends with the men from prior stories and their significant others. Akash and Hamish are the kind of characters I’ve come to expect from the author. They’re adults, there’s an age gap and while the Hamish is quite dominant and protective, never treats Akash as anything but an independent, capable adult. There is a touch of suspense around Akash’s business being targeted and danger for Hamish
Nicole Smith
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I was drawn to this book because I'm a fan of the M/M genre and Akash is baker. I liked him even more when I learned he has a cat. I loved reading Akash and Hamish finding their HEA. If you're a fan of the M/M genre then I would highly recommend this one. I can honestly say it's one of the best ones I've read. I will definitely be checking out more books by Dahlia Donovan. I loved her writing style and how well she drew me into this book.
Socially Book Nerd
this series just keeps getting better, each couple adds to the story an lives of these amazing men in the small sea side town. Now we have Marines along with the Rugby players. A retired marine and a baker. couldn't be more fantastic!
Sassy Southern
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it

Akash, of British and Indian descent, blends both ancestries into his baking. His life is full of cinnamon, spice, and everything nice, especially after he meets the man of his dreams on a blind date.

Hamish, a Marine, is serious in all things, leaving no room for anything else. He's suffered loss, those of his men, and it's a heavy weight upon his heart. He has no time, or room, for love. But when one kiss, an impulsive one at that, makes him question his stance on a relationship, it rocks every
Maria Vickers
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Royal Marine by Dahlia Donovan, while not as much of a roller coaster ride as some of the other books in the Sin Bin series, still takes you on a wild ride and you will not be able to stop turning the pages. It's Hamish's turn to find love and he does so with Akash Robinson. Their romance starts out a little shaky when Akash is set up on a blind date with two different men on the same night, but he winds up only having eyes for Hamish.

Like with other books written by this author, she does p
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, romance, trr
The Royal Marine is the fourth book in The Sin Bin series, and it's time for Hamish's story. He has worked with Earp for a while now, and get set up on a blind date with Akash. Luckily (or unluckily) Akash is set up with Scottie on the same evening. Now we all know that Scottie is having major issues at the moment and, to be fair, acting like a jerk. So it comes as no surprise when Akash chooses to be with Hamish. Scottie is none too pleased about this, and continues to pop up throughout the boo ...more
DC
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my favorites in this series thus far, I really enjoyed Akash’s and Hamish’s journey. A lot of humor and a great deal of angst really kept this story flowing. And as always, it’s wonderful to have the cast of the previous stories make their appearance to support one another. It’s also interesting to watch the set-up for the next installment, which will be Scottie’s story. He’s an even bigger jerk in this one than he was in The Caretaker so how will be finally shed his demons?
My only real n
Lora
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Akash & Hamish, a baker and a sexy soldier, stole the book battle this week. They are so far my favorite couple in this series. They wouldn't seem like a great match, but they work so well. I enjoyed it from the beginning until the end!!

The story moved at a quick pace - but not too quick. It had just enough humor to get you through some of the rougher patches. There were times I was crying and times I was sweating. There were moments I wanted to throw my kindle, but only beca
Becky Baldridge
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Akash's friends seem to all agree that he needs a date, but it's apparent that they didn't communicate when he shows up at the Sin Bin to find two blind dates - one with a chip on his shoulder and the other a stoic royal marine. It doesn't take long for the attraction to bloom between Akash and Hamish, but their romance is a slow burn with them taking the time to get to know each other. We also get the added element of suspense with a mysterious fire and Hamish's dangerous job.
Dahlia Donovan is
Ayla
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chef-food, military, arc
I enjoyed reading Akash and Hamish's love story. This author does a great job of really separating the books in terms of content and storyline, but also showing us all of the characters we meet in the previous books and keeping them connected in that way. This was another greatly paced book where I felt everything was authentic and true to the characters.

Akash and Hamish were both really easy to like characters. I liked getting to know them and the people around them as well. This book definite
Tena
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is so much going on here - it may not include murder, but there is definite mayhem. The twins are having trouble with their step-father, Akash is having trouble with the bakery, Hamish and the others are having work troubles and injuries, and Scottie is having trouble behaving himself. Through all of this, Akash and Hamish find a way to get to know one another and figure out if they can be a couple. The characters are fabulous - love the twins! And I love how strong and able to take care o ...more
Book Break  With Lisa
Review by Kelly...

I had a really hard time getting into this book. It had such a slow beginning that I struggled to continue. It was set in the UK and I had a hard time adjusting to that as well. There was a good story line but it moved to show for me to really get into.
Reanna Hanley
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Royal Marine Sin Bin #4

I love Hamish and Aki, both strong, capable, and vulnerable in their own way. I enjoyed revisiting the Sin Bin characters as well as meeting new characters. This entire series has been great and I'm looking forward to more!
Elaine
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Wonderful Story

I loved this story, it was well written, and had a great storyline. The characters were wonderful too. I fell in love with the twins. They were wonderful.
Alzhis Nigel
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute

Dahlia Donovan's Royal Marine is one of the sweetest book I've read. It gives me this "kilig" feels while reading this one.
Melissa
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it

Enjoyable read with ikeable main characters. Felt a little distracted by Scott and his upcoming story (up next). Low angst novel.
Lexicdark
Apr 03, 2020
Andrea
Jun 12, 2018
Ampr
Oct 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Ends of the Earth
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • His Someone Special
  • The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Then the Stars Fall
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • Bitten (Terrin Pass Pack, #1)
  • Three Stupid Weddings
  • Cops, Cakes, and Coffee (Love’s First Response, #1)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Robby (Cooper Construction, #3)
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • One Night at Finn's (Finn's Pub Romance, #1)
  • Fractured Truth (Consequences of a Sin, #1)
  • Sugar Season (Maple Springs, #3)
  • Savor Me (Kitchen Gods #3)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

The Sin Bin (7 books)
  • The Wanderer (The Sin Bin, #1)
  • The Caretaker (The Sin Bin, #2)
  • The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)
  • The Unexpected Santa (The Sin Bin, #5)
  • The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)
  • Haka Ever After (The Sin Bin, #7)

News & Interviews

“He’d always found the journey from friendship to lover to be a satisfying one.” 0 likes