Start by marking “Toesy Toes” as Want to Read:
Toesy Toes

Toesy Toes

Toes have long had their place in songs, where they head off to market and enjoy roast beef, but they have been overlooked and underrepresented in children's books. That's all about to change with this rhyming board book featuring piggledy-wiggledy digits in all their delightful glory. Toesy Toes head to the beach, jump around, take a bath and delight in being one of a bab ...more
Board Book, 26 pages
Published April 10th 2018 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Toesy Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toesy Toes

Vernon Area Public Library KIDS
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Baby-Toddler
All about me: Toes

Such an excellent book full of diverse skin color, hair color, and a delightful array of names. This is perfectly suited for the younger crowd (4 words per page, crisp photography, and smiling babies) and I can't wait to get my hands and toes on more from Tsiang.

Reviewed by: Miss Kelsey, Youth and School Services, Vernon Area Public Library
Kelsey
Age: Baby-Toddler (board book)
Body: Toes

Paula
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This cute board book will be a hit with the very little ones. Photographs of different babies showing their toes; toes on the beach covered with sand, a baby squeezing its toe, and toes in the bathtub surrounded by soap bubbles. Babies of many colors and in many different situations not often seen in baby books, are portrayed. A naked baby rinsing it’s toes, a baby being breastfed and a mom holding her baby in the air wearing a hijab are the most prominent examples.
Page spreads have the illustr
Alexandria
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable little board book that uses rhyming and photos to illustrate all the adorable baby toes that anyone could want. I always thought it was strange how happy baby toes made all the grandmothers and moms in my life, but they really are adorable dancing little beans!

There is a lot of room for fun reader/listener playing when reading Toesy Toes. The reader could tickle the baby's toes, ask them to point to their toes, and so on. It's a great book to incorporate reading time into pl
Eva_Amaré
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: t
Even brother who doesn't care much for babies liked this book. Pictures are kind of a big deal when deciding whether we like a book or not and I for one love books that use real photography, because I'm super sophisticated, unlike mama's other child who thinks his crayon squiggles are art. Anyway, the babies are cute, there's lots of toes and all the toe biting and pulling was pretty funny too.👶👶👶
Vicki
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has read to an infant or child under age two knows the value of books about body parts. This book does this exploration exceptionally well by featuring playful, unique language choices and includes a diversity of skin colors and also a baby that has physical features identifying him/her/them as a child with a disability (most likely Down's Syndrome). Loved this book!
Tasha
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
This board book focuses entirely on toes and the joy of discovering them. With a diverse cast of children in the vivid and charming photographs that fill the pages, this one is a great pick for the smallest children. The book has a simple format, bright colors and a rollicking rhythm that keeps the pace brisk and lively. Sure to have everyone playing with their own toes! Appropriate for ages 1-2.
Ruth Anne
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: up-to-7, board-books, 2018
Clear photographs of babies and their many varieties of toesy toes like: sunny-funny, squishy-squeezy, and sudsy –wudsy. Each left hand page has the baby’s name and the description of the toes on a pastel colored background. Each right hand page is a color photograph of the baby. Overall this is a diverse celebration of babies and toesy toes. Simple and perfect for reading to babies.
Vicki
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love board books that use real photographs! A nice tale of toes on toddlers and babies.
Lauren
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book. The pictures of the babies are absolutely adorable. I love that the book shows different babies with different looks. This book will be beloved by many young people.
Annese
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
The pictures made me cackle!
June
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: baby and toes requests
Colorful baby pictures celebrate toes
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
Simple, but wonderfully inclusive. My daughter adored the pictures.
Hannah Jane
Sue
Jan 30, 2019
Paul Coccia
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Tsiang’s “Toesy Toes” is a fantastic board book that is engaging to young children while also being great for adults to read to these children. The text is poetic in terms of word choice, rhyme, sound and pace and the pictures of children and their toes very cute and wide-ranging. At the end, the surprise or reversal of expectations was both delightful and unexpected for me as an adult reader and added another element to the book to engage an adult. This book would make an excellent gift f ...more
Jj
Nov 12, 2018
Mar 06, 2019
Amy!
Apr 20, 2018 marked it as picture-books
I love the variety of babies and names, and the simple text is perfect for the tiniest humans.
Sevi Sather