Start by marking “Crazy Crab” as Want to Read:
Crazy Crab

Crazy Crab

Steve is no ordinary Hermit Crab. He has a big dream... to be an astronaut and fly in space! His friends and family think he is crazy. They don't send crabs into space. Will Steve have "the right stuff" to be sent on a daring mission to Mars? Can he work hard to beat mischievous mice and mad monkeys to ride a rocket to the red planet? Only time and training will tell in ...more
Published August 22nd 2017 by MacLaren-Cochrane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Crab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Crab

Start your review of Crazy Crab
Michelle
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Before we get to the review, lets take a moment to appreciate the photographs that accompanied the review request for Crazy Crab.....

How is it at all possible to say no after this picture.

Crazy Crab was a surprise request, and it hadn't even been picked up on my radar, so before I actually got to the above photograph I wasn't sure if I was going to read Crazy Crab or not. But one look at the photograph convinced me I HAD to read this book.

Crazy Crab is a very short book, with pictures and
Lola
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it

When I got an e-mail about whether I wanted to review Crazy Crab I wasn't sure what to expect. But something about the concept just sounded so fun, so I decided to have a look. Before I knew it I had finished the book. I don't normally read or review picture books, so it's hard to know what's normal in this genre. But I figure I'll just share my thoughts about this one and hopefully that helps.

Crazy Crab was a short read at only
Nada Sobhi
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crazy Crab is a short, fun, children's picture book by Mark Evans, with illustrations by Steve Page.
Crazy Crab is about Steve, an excellent Hermit crab marketer, who "can sell fried calamari to a squid", but who is unhappy with his life despite his success.

Steve is a crab with a dream, an ambition to become an astronaut. All his friends think he is crazy to dream such a dream, but Steve, with his hard work and strong ambition, ignores them and works hard to attain his goal.

Crazy Crab is a
Jasmine
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute kid's book about a crab who wants to do something more with his life. He wants to be the first crab in space. Does he make it? Read to find out!

I read it to my two year old son a couple of times, and he really liked the pictures more than anything. It's a quick, easy read, and kids who are just starting to learn to read might like looking at it and having help sounding out the words.

I give the book 4 stars. Even though it's a short read for kids, I would have liked a few more
Reader Views
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Russ (age 5) for Reader Views Kids (12/17)

“Crazy Crab” by Mark C. Evans is about this crab who was really good at his job, but it’s hard for him to get out of his shell when he is sleeping, because even though he’s good at his job, he doesn’t get to do what he really wants to do. He wants to become an astronaut! Even though everyone calls him crazy, he somehow becomes an astronaut. He wrote a letter after finding a message in a bottle asking for assistance for someone to go to the
Billy Buttons
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: Crazy Crab
Writing Style: 10/10
Content: 10/10
Cover: 10/10
Of the 22 readers:
22 would read another book by this author.
22 thought the cover was good or excellent.
22 felt it was easy to follow.
22 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
22 felt the pacing was good or excellent.
22 thought the author understood the
Dsjm Reviews
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crazy Crab by Mark Evans is a delightful children’s book that follows the life of Steve the hermit crab. It starts out by telling us that Steve is not the average hermit crab as the illustrations show him surfing in front of a crowd on the beach before showing us that he is the best at his job, which is selling homes mostly. Even though Steve is very good at what he does, he doesn’t want to sell anymore; he wants to follow his dreams to be an astronaut. I read this to my 3 and 4 year olds, and ...more
Tonja Drecker
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An exciting tale, which shoots off with a very adventurous crab.

Steve has a pretty nice life, but he dreams of more. Despite what his friends and family say, he's ready to chase his dream and shoot off into space. But the adventurous that await him are more than he ever expected them to be.

This is a cute, bright and simply fun read. Steve is a crab, easy to love. The fact that he's a hermit crab is sure to grab young reader's interest, especially since he has such high hopes. The adventure is
Candice
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My four year old wants to be an astronaut (astronaut-paleontologist, specifically, haha) so this book caught my eye because of its message of becoming anything you want to be through hard work. I enjoyed the way Steve the real-estate-selling crab character is set up, there's lots of clever wordplay, along with a brief introduction to the animal space program. I would've liked a little bit more of Steve's time in space but overall thought the book was great.
New Apple Literary Services
Feb 21, 2018
Marin
Nov 16, 2019
Mark C.
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy
rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2019
Melissa T
Oct 22, 2019
Kirsti Call
Nov 25, 2017
Mark C.
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lauree
marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2018

• How to Train a Train
  • Ding Dong! Gorilla!
  • The Island of Monsters (Spirit Hunters #2)
  • Christmas with the Billionaire (The Young Billionaires #6)
  • The Great Thanksgiving Escape
  • My Fair Lily (Farthingale, #1)
  • Ban This Book
  • St. Raven (Company of Rogues, #9)
  • Snowmen at Night
  • Misadventures of a Virgin  (Misadventures, #4)
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #11)
  • Pretty Daring  (Jaded, #2)
  • Naughty Boss (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)
  • Mr. Big (London Billionaire, #2)
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
  • Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3)