Start by marking “The Supervillain and Me” as Want to Read:
The Supervillain and Me

The Supervillain and Me

(Morriston Superheroes #1)

Never trust a guy in spandex.

In Abby Hamilton’s world, superheroes do more than just stop crime and save cats stuck in trees—they also drink milk straight from the carton and hog the television remote. Abby’s older brother moonlights as the famous Red Comet, but without powers of her own, following in his footsteps has never crossed her mind.

That is, until the city’s newes
Published July 10th 2018 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about The Supervillain and Me, please sign up.
Caitlyn Fairly clean. There’s some swearing (probably 2-5 cuss words). And some kissing. So overall I would say yes. As for the end, there isn’t a…moreFairly clean. There’s some swearing (probably 2-5 cuss words). And some kissing. So overall I would say yes. As for the end, there isn’t a cliff-hanger. This book does function as a stand-alone. I would, also, say that all the loose ends are tied up. So if that’s what you meant by “good ending,” then I would say yes. All in all, I liked the ending.
Hopefully this helps! ;) Happy reading!(less)
Kaiti Robbins There is a fair amount of PG romance in this book, a believable amount for a 17 yr old protagonist. While romance is at the forefront, the overall…moreThere is a fair amount of PG romance in this book, a believable amount for a 17 yr old protagonist. While romance is at the forefront, the overall plot is enriched by family dynamics and general super powered shenanigans to balance it out a bit.(less)

emma
WHERE ARE THE SUPERHEROES?!!!?!?!?!!

WHERE ARE THEY.

(If you didn’t read that in Michael Scott’s where-are-the-turtles voice from The Office, please go back and try again.)

This was, like, shockingly un-superhero-y. When I read a book called The Supervillain and Me, I am expecting hijinks. I am expecting powers. I am expecting flight and invisibility and super-strength and lots of fight scenes in which people, like, getting punched through windows and stuff. Also, because of the villain part, I am
may ❀
initial thoughts: ?!!!!!????!!!!??!!!?????!!!

pardon me but why the hell is everyone sleeping on this book. ive been desperately needing a FUN, entertaining, heartfelt sUPERHERO book LIKE THIS SINCE FOREVER FRICK I LOVE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE SO MUCH

okay but seriously, y'all this book was EVERYTHING i wanted Renegades to be, im just really happy right now

description

Reasons this book is Fantastic
- Iron Phantom
- THE DIALOGUE IS GENUINELY GREAT and the banter between the character is marvelous and the plot
Candace Robinson
To start off, I am so picky about super hero things. I literally only like X-Men. But, a bit BUT! This one sounded super cute and really good.

What I liked best about this book is how character driven it was. Iron Phantom was such an interesting character, and although I already knew who he was, it was still very much a mystery.

The swoon aspects were on point. I absolutely loved the discussions between Abby and Iron Phantom, and I could really feel their spark. If you like super hero stuff, then
Michelle
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned-series
I like YA just as much as anyone else, even at my age, and I usually enjoy reading the genre. It reminds me of when I was a teen myself and would devour any YA book I could get my hands on, no matter how sappy or unrealistic it is.

Unfortunately, I couldn't immerse myself into this book. It felt so, well--basic. "The Supervillain and Me" is just another predictable high-school melodrama, albeit with super-powered teenagers in the mix. The writing is not bad, but not good either.

With that being sa
ellie 🌿🍯
5 | it’s been a long time since i’ve read a book and thoroughly enjoyed it, much less read it in a day. going into this book, i knew i was going to love it, but i just didn’t know how much. undoubtedly, this book perfectly encompasses the life i wish i had when i was like 15 years old. like it’s scary how this book perfectly portrays the scenarios i came up with in my head years ago. i absolutely loved every single aspect of this novel; the writing, the characters, the jokes, the plot, everythin ...more
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Supervillain and Me was playful, fun and crazy addicting. This book was so easy to devour and I loved how the mystery surrounding the supervillain had me flipping through the pages even faster. The action moments were perfectly sprinkled here and there and I adored how character driven this book was. I always find myself falling for those the hardest and that's exactly what I did with The Supervillain and Me.
Regardless of who he was with or without his mask, I knew, no matter what my dad or
Taylor Knight
I thought this book sounded amazing but I didn't expect a lot from it. I definitely didn't expect to love it as much as I did. This book was so much fun to read and I loved every second it of. I couldn't put this book down and I never wanted it to end.
I loved the concept of this book. I love superheros and I thought the idea of superheros being a common thing was awesome.
I loved the characters so much and I loved the dialogue between the characters even more. Abby's banter with Iron Phantom wa
Aila
Summed up in three words: Generic Superhero Book.

Don’t get me wrong, The Supervillain and Me was fun, it really was. But it was also flighty and frivolous and flat and… you get the point. You know that one movie, Sky High? It had a bunch of no-name actors, from what I remember, and it was about a white boy attending a school full of superheroes. I really liked it when I was little. This book reminds me of that movie. It’s very light-hearted and cute, leaving nothing but a sweet aftertaste in th
✧ k a t i e ✧
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
"He saw me in a way I hadn’t realized I wanted to be seen until I met him. Not a hero, not someone with powers, but just a girl. Just Abigail."

Eh. This was okay. It's honestly what I was expecting: a cheesy superhero novel that was focused on the romance. But it was super generic.

The characters were okay. There really wasn't anything exciting or different about them, they were just there. They were stereotypical characters. Abby, the smart girl who's into theater but not sports. Connor, the
Sharon
This is an awesome cover and title.

Here are some of my thoughts:
• For a superhero/villain book, I just felt so… underwhelmed by the plot. I know this is YA, but it definitely focuses a bit too much on Abby and her high school life and romance for my taste. I mean I am normally OK with those things, but if this is a superhero/villain book, I wanted entertainment, action, plot twist, saving, and lessons. There are a bit of those in there, but I find it bogged down by Abby’s romance with a boy who
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

Minor spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: An attempted mugging, and an explosion. Up till the point I read.

DNF

This review is based on the 5 chapter sneak-up on Wattpad.

I heard about this book through Swoon Reads. I was really excited when they announced it! I thought it was going to be a fun and interesting superhero story. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it.

The only thing I am going to give this book, is that it's easy. It was easy to read the 5 chapters. However it was not enjoyable. I
Sophie Janet
It was good (like a rom com mostly, not as much superhero stuff), but a tad predictable in some spaces. I don't have major faults for it, though. I liked it.
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, arcs, 2018, 2018-debuts
I expected something fun and cute, when I read this book, but I also got a story with a lot of heart, and a reminder that we can all be some sort of superhero.

• Pro: Abby was so complicated. She had all these feelings, which were in constant conflict with each other, and Banas did a great job helping her work through some of them. I loved that when the going got tough, Abby dug in and came out with her fists up.

• Pro: This story had that old school superhero feel - think Adam West era Batman. T
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
If this book existed in a vacuum where no other superhero books, comic or movies existed, it might get a higher rating. But that’s simply not the case.

This isn’t necessarily a bad book, it’s just terribly predictable. Like a cheesy Disney channel movie
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also another pet peeve of mine: The model on the cover does not match the description in the book. The main "villain" is supposed to have a black suit that blends in with the night. Like come on design department, do better.
ضحى الحداد
OMG .. I REALLY enjoyed this book so much .. I like these kind of books it's so relateable and remind me of those cute and fluffy super hero movies
So this story is set in a city called Moriston where superheros are a part of society, until a super villian called the Iron Phantom is attacking the city in so many ways, and that's how Abby out main character is tangled in all this since her father is the Mayor of the city
it was really cute and I liked how Abby's character developed and t
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Abby Hamilton's brother is Red Comet, the superhero in charge of saving the city. And her father is the mayor of the crime-ridden city. All's going well, until a new super shows up—and rescues Abby right before he burns down city hall. But the Iron Phantom tells Abby he's not a bad guy, he's actually a good guy. And he's hot...

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT

This is a DNF at 68%. Maybe it gets better, maybe it doesn't. I already got past one big reveal, but I still stand by my initial assessment that thi
Jackie
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love a good villain?

“The Super villain and Me” takes us on an adventure where Abby tries to find her place outside of her super hero brothers shadow when a new super arrives and quickly makes a name for himself as the city’s first villain. When the two cross paths Abby finds herself questioning his newfound title and they decide to work together to uncover what may be lurking in the shadows to handle the crime in the city once and for all.

This book was so much fun! All of the chara
All Things Urban Fantasy
THE SUPERVILLAIN AND ME promised a light, fun read about superheroes from the point-of-view of someone ordinary. And while that is true, the majority of the novel takes place at Abigail's high school, focusing more on the drama of auditioning for a play and dealing with potential crushes than on superheroes and villains.

A quick read, THE SUPERVILLAIN AND ME is predictable and not always in a fun way. Abby is clumsy, caught in a potential love triangle, and lacking in agency. As the back copy sta
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Superheroes have been having an amazing decade. With Marvel delivering incredible movie after movie, and DC entertaining me every week with shows like Arrow and The Flash, nerds really are having their moment. (I won't talk about DC movies. Blegh.) So why not have more superhero movies? I'm definitely down for it, which is why I was excited to get a copy of The Supervillain and Me, Danielle Banas' debut novel.

I really liked the idea of superheroes being fairly common and with better and worse ab
Kayla
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favrouites
This was fantastic! I absolutely loved it.
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
After discovering a newfound love of superhero books, The Supervillain and Me by Danielle Banas caught my eye. The book follows a girl who partners with the town’s “villain,” and the main character is likeable. I especially enjoyed the setting and how believable it is. If you are a fan of superhero books like I am, I would definitely recommend this one.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Christine Manzari
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It was fun and quirky. I had one lingering question at the end of the book, an assumption that was overlooked and not answered, but I have a feeling it will be answered in the next book.
Julie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, romance
Set in a world where supers exist (some people have superpowers, others don't) this felt a lot like a mixture of the Incredibles and Megamind. But in high school. Abby doesn't have powers and being the sister of the Red Comet (Connor), the town's (or the whole country's) most popular super, that can get a little frustrating.
I was scared when starting this that Abby would have a terrible relationship with her brother because of this, but their sibling-relationship was really fun. Connor and Abby
Stephanie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I wasn't terribly impressed by this one. I thought the story was a little too drawn out. Very little happened until the last couple chapters. The characters were ok. I thought the mystery of the Iron Phantom's identity should have been wrapped up sooner. It was written to make you think it was so obviously one person that you knew it couldn't be that person, so it obviously had to be the other person. And it just took way too long to reveal it. It looks like this is supposed to be a series, but ...more
Nastassja
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of comics and superheroes
“A damn shame I couldn’t write villainous activities and superhero stealth on my résumé.”

Light and funny but surprisingly serious when it has to be, The Supervillain and Me is perfect for the fans of comics-related reads. With the hype around Marvel's and DC's film adaptations, this book perfectly fits in the niche but doesn't stand up too much to be the next best thing.

For the fans of cute romantic adventures, there will be plenty of moments to swoon over. The characters are loveable and it
Victoria
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sent an early copy of this from Fierce Reads in exchange for an honest review.

I always gravitate towards superhero stories and this definitely didn't disappoint. I could not put this book down! When I started it I felt like I knew who the guy behind the mask was and I am so glad I was wrong. I enjoyed the progression of every character and the ending. Hopefully there's a second book soon because I need more! I also need and Iron Phantom artwork in my life...I'm just saying. *wink wink* I w
Danielle Banas
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi friends!

I might be biased (or maybe I'm just really enthusiastic) but I think this book is pretty super. Some awesome things you can expect are: snarky heroines, guys who wear spandex, guys who don't wear spandex, puns, superpowers (of course), and much more! Happy reading!
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
This was cute and fun. RTC for a blog tour.
Azelyn Klein
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A binge-worthy read. I was supposed to be working on homework. What was I doing instead? R.E.A.D.I.N.G. You'd think after seven years of college I'd learn. Hahaha! Nope.

The Supervillain and Me is just as much fun as the cover. Nevermind that he wears all black and she’s a blonde. It might be even more accurate if instead of a wall, they were sitting on a swing set like that one scene in the book. You know what? I like the cover anyway! The book is so ridiculously funny. I couldn’t stop laughing.
Renata
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, ya, fiction, sci-fi
this book....is dumb

it reads like fanfiction with the names filed off and then just so lazily replaced?? why would anyone read this instead of just reading fanfiction about like, actual superheroes

(actual like established, I know there aren't real life superheroes)
(except for the Fab 5 on Queer Eye)

anyway for real this was too dumb to be enjoyable on any level, like I know it's from Swoon Reads so it's meant to be a light romance but I don't care about these characters and their relationship at

• Flying Free (The Caged, #4)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Forgotten Fires (Xoe Meyers, #5)
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • Hidden Embers (Chosen Storm Book 1)
  • Adventures in Homicide and Heartbreak (Funeral Crashing, #4)
  • Lunatic Revenge (Lunatic Life, #3)
  • No Brainer (The Darcy Walker Series, #2)
  • Discovering Zhara: Meeting the Bad Boy Rebels (Bad Boy Rebels #2)
  • Flying (Flying, #1)
  • I'm Not in the Band
  • Holding Court
  • Just a Little Reminder (Just a Little, #8)
  • Certain Rules (Too Many Rules, #1)
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)
  • Courage (Mark of Nexus, #2)
Danielle Banas, a Pittsburgh native, earned a degree in communication from Robert Morris University. After years spent dreaming up characters instead of paying attention in class, Danielle joined the storytelling platform Wattpad, where her work has received millions of views online. When she isn’t writing, she can be found loudly singing show tunes, spouting off Walt Disney World trivia, and snug ...more
“Scars say a lot about a person, you know. What you’ve been through. What you defeated before it defeated you. Your fears. Memories. Strengths. Weaknesses. The things you love, the things you hope will never slip away. They tell a story...” 6 likes
“Then finally, he smiled. A wide, bright smile that could extinguish the sun and knock the moon right out of orbit.” 1 likes