Start by marking “Love Me, Love Me Not” as Want to Read:
Love Me, Love Me Not

Love Me, Love Me Not

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  982 ratings  ·  146 reviews
When Hailey Brown is removed from her home and put into foster care, all she wants is a safe, comfortable place where she can finish school and move on with her life. It’s not easy adjusting to a new school and a new life, but Mr. and Mrs. Campbell and their teenage son, Brad, welcome Hailey with open arms.

As Hailey begins to adjust to her new life, she and Brad grow clos
Published June 19th 2018 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Love Me, Love Me Not, please sign up.
S.M. Koz I had a publisher pick up LMLMN (yay!) and during edits, we decided to make the new version a stand alone. So, all of the open questions at the end of…moreI had a publisher pick up LMLMN (yay!) and during edits, we decided to make the new version a stand alone. So, all of the open questions at the end of the first version are wrapped up in the new version. There are also lots of new scenes with Brad and Hailey :)

If you pick it up, I'd love to hear what you think of the changes!(less)
S.M. Koz Hey Ashleigh!

Hey Ashleigh!

If you pick it up, I'd love to hear what you think of the changes!(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
What I enjoyed most about Love Me, Love Me Not is that it didn't rely on typical tropes as a main source of conflict. For example, misunderstandings and miscommunications rarely happened. Even when there was one, it was cleared up rather quickly. It wasn't prolonged and it didn't create unnecessary drama. Hailey, the main female character, had low self esteem. This wasn't used to cause problems between her and her love interest like I see over and over again in similar novels where self doubt is ...more
Jessi
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Hailey is in her senior year of high school. She has been in the foster system for a few years and has been moved from home to home. Her mother is a deadbeat who didn't even care enough to feed her while she was growing up. The only consistency she has in life is Chase. Who also is bad news and the reason she keeps getting kicked out of foster homes.

Brad is your typical rich high school boy, star quarter back and gorgeous. He doesn't date, but instead spends his time working out and ge
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A past she must leave behind. A forbidden romance. An indefinite future. I didn't know it, when I picked it up, but it was exactly what I was looking for at the time, and I just plowed right through this book.

• Pro: Hailey was a character I found myself frustrated with, but also cheering for. She was in a tough situation, being removed from her home, bouncing from placement to placement, and a whole lot of other dysfunction. She made some decisions I wanted to throttle her for, but she also bega
Sophia Holt
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book by chance on ibooks, it was free, and the blurb sounded good. And i am so glad i decided to browse that day, cause this book had me hooked from beginning to end.
Hailey has had a pretty rough up bringing, no thanks to her mother. She has been moved around several times, and the last one a few months before her 18th Birthday.
There she meets Brad...and things start to look up for her....but of course there has to be some drama (which i will not go into to, but thoroughly enjoyed.
Kristen
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars

The characters were juvenile and unrealistic. The writing wasn't bad, and the plot overall was good, but the way everything happened, and people's reactions etc, were just not realistic. Plus there was WAY too much drama that wasn't necessary.
Lynda Dickson
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 15+
Shelves: young-adult
Hailey is sent to a new foster home and has to finish her senior year in a new high school and make new friends. Her new family seems perfect, and her foster brother Brad is hot. But her boyfriend is starting to show his true colors, and they’re not pretty. Will he ruin everything for her? Or will she ruin everything all by herself with the inappropriate feelings she has for Brad?

The story is told in the first person present tense from Hailey’s point-of-view. We get to experience all of the high
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Unputdownable! Started this one earlier today and could not stop reading! Only break I had was to cook and eat. I loved it! Huge 5 stars!!!!!
Katherine Paschal
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hailey has had a hard life, bouncing around from her mother who doesn't want her to many foster homes that keep kicking her out from the things her boyfriend Chase makes her do. When she is given a last chance with a new family and a new high school for her senior year, she is terrified she will screw this up too. But it seems like the Campbell's are different from any family she has been around before, they really want her, and Hailey wants them. Not to mention her new "brother" Brad is just ab ...more
KarenJo Custodio
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Painfully Beautiful and Wonderfully Emotional Ride

Love Me, Love Me Not by S.M. Koz is a painfully beautiful and incredibly emotional ride that had me in tears a few times. It wasn’t an easy read, but it was inspiring, hopeful, and touching.

This book had so many achingly intense FEELS. There were a few light, sweet, and fun moments, but for the most part this story was very emotional, and heartbreaking. Drugs, child neglect, sex, abuse, unhealthy relationships, and prostitution are never easy i
Grace P. (gracefulreads)
3.5/5 Stars

Hailey’s story is one that immediately caught my interest because she is in the foster care system, which is something that is rarely explored in young adult fiction. It is apparent that the author knew what she is talking about when it comes to foster care because she has foster children herself. The struggles Hailey deals with are definitely very similar in some ways to your average teen characters, but there are a few main differences that set her issues apart. Chase’s character is
Jasmine
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lindsey (Lindseyybooks) Swindlehurst
Let me start off by saying I gave this book a 4.75/5 stars.
The author did an amazing job at writing the faults about being a teenager. She never shied away from what its like to be a teenager in high school or the foster system. I cannot say I know what its like to be a foster child but I feel like the author did a good job at helping me to understand what its like. Hailey's character made some good choices and some bad choices along the way but she grew as a person through out the novel and I e
-Barbara Saadoja
Foster home,emotional,drama and love and very mess up story.
Well-written book ,but a very complicated story.
Can wait to read second book.
Ashley
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, contemporary
Read this on Swoon Reads while it's still in manuscript/editing form. All around it was really good and really well written. I loved the dual POV.
Hannah
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hailey Brown Brad Campbell

I was excited about this book because the rating was so high. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected. It's not that it was a bad book. I did enjoy parts of it. Hailey and Brad's relationship started way too fast for me. There was little time between when they met and when they were working toward a relationship. But later in the story after they were in a relationship it was cute. They worked well together.

What I really liked was the conflict of Hailey
Amanda  B Gillespie
This was my first time ever reading anything by S.M. Koz, and I am glad that I was chosen by Destiny Hawkins of Hawkview Book Review Services for the opportunity to experience S.M. Koz in her novel Love Me, Love Me Not. It took me all of two days to read it, and I was invested from the first page. There is suspense, romance, teenage angst and baby drama. Add to that a couple of psycho’s and of course, the rags to riches plot and you have a fun read. You get to see the story from both views of th ...more
Melissa Crump
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished and oh my gosh!!!! Holy Crap! I'm left wanting so much more. I can't wait to see where they go next!!!! I couldn't put this down. This was truly a great book and a great plot. I love the banter between the characters. All the relationships seem genuine, real and not forced.

Your heart aches for Hailey. The author does a great job making you feel genuinely invested in the relationships and you find yourself eager to see what happens next.

I really look forward to what happens next.
Krista
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, swoon-reads
I didn't feel like reading the 3 other books I am reading (and I was too lazy to go get them) and since the fanfic I am hooked on hasn't updated since this morning (usually it's like two chapters a day) I figured I would go on swoonreads and see what's up. It wasn't bad. Pretty predictable but it was good. A quick read and it was interesting. I thought that Brad was too hard to believe, I mean he sounded a bit toooooo perfect (but it's nice to dream). But it was cute.
3.5/5
Jolene
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dual-pov, long-book
3.75***
Written well and had loveable characters. I almost stopped reading from chapter 20 as I didn't like the direction and what was happening to Brad. Continued in hopes for something to maybe change. Still a few more twists onwards and finishing with more to come.
Not sure when the next book is out and if I'll read.
Alissa
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I thought the plot of the story was so unique and that the descriptions of everything were perfect. I looked up Monet and he was an actual painter so obviously a lot of research went in to make this book. I have reread it so many times and will continue to reread it. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.
Nasty Lady MJ
Oct 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
This unfortunately went the way I was afraid it would go. It was squirm inducing bad. Full review to come.
Andrea Fleury
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet

Adorable first love and a very nasty bitch. What more do you want . Maybe a Monet and football. Oh finding your for forever family
Jenia
Teenreadsdotcom
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
S.M. Koz is the author of six novels ranging in genre from contemporary to science fiction. She is a trained veterinarian but her current day job is creating online training for pharmaceutical companies. Her newest novel, LOVE ME, LOVE ME NOT, follows a teen in foster care, a subject Koz knows much about, as she is a foster mother herself in her North Carolina town.

LOVE ME, LOVE ME NOT follows Hailey Brown, new to the foster system and all the complications that come with it. She is finally free
Rebecca June
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This review was originally posted on my blog, June Reads Books.

"Maybe, sometimes, you have no choice but to do things before you're ready" (chapter 3)

Happy book birthday to Love Me, Love Me Not by S.M. Koz! Thank you Koz, Swoon Reads, and Xpresso Book Tours for giving me an eARC in exchange for an honest review. I read this whole book from start to finish in one day and found myself completely enchanted. A heads up, though, you probably shouldn't start reading it while you're serving at your chu
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
o after reading this book, I learned this was a debut book. Well, what a way to introduce yourself!

This is the story of Hailey, living in foster homes due to her abusive, drug and alcohol abuser mother. We open the book with a scene with her and her boyfriend Chase, getting a bit jiggy with it, and her getting kicked out of her 3rd foster care in 3 days. All because of Chase.

Then Sherry (her DSS worker) finds her a new home, but it's a new school which sends Hailey into panic mode as she is goin
Lauren the Book Slayer
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was glued to my hands. On a late Sunday morning I sat down and started reading Love Me, Love Me Not, by the evening I was finished with it. I couldn’t put it down! The moment Hailey was introduced, I wanted to know more about her. I wanted to know how she landed in foster care, and why she was with a guy named Chase, who was clearly a loser, and not good for her.

The short stick. My heart hurt for Hailey, because she had to grow up with a mother that abused her verbally, emotionally, an
Barbara
Candyce Kirk
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hailey hasn't had the easiest life. Her mother doesn't treat her right and she's been in and out of the foster care system. Hailey's boyfriend Chase is rather controlling, but she think she needs him, because he's the only one who ever really showed her any attention and what she thinks is love. When things get bad at home, it's back off to a foster home. From what we read, Chase ruins two of those homes for her. Then she meets the Campbells. I loved how Hailey's life changed once this happened. ...more
Catherine Jett
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending is what gave this book four stars instead of three. The middle dragged just a bit, but the catastrophe at the end was engaging. Hailey is extremely ethical and I wondered if most people in her situation have so much integrity or if she is an exception. She was raised by a mother of dubious ethics at best, and placed in foster care. It is pleasantly surprising she has so many good morals and thoughts. I do hope she is the norm and not the exception in real life. I also wondered why it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sparrow
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Match  (Suttonville Sentinels, #3)
  • Jolted (Conflicted Encounters #1)
  • Secondhand Sinners
  • What You Hide
  • Simply, Mine
  • Tell Me How This Ends
  • Things Jolie Needs to Do Before She Bites It
  • The Boyfriend Bracket
  • Between Takes
  • Destined for a King (The Bastard Brotherhood, #1)
  • Three Months and You're Mine (In Too Deep, #5)
  • The Game Can't Love You Back
  • The Impossibility of Us
  • VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)
  • Forbidden (The Soulkeepers, #1)
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • Bottom Feeder (Bottom Feeder, #1)
SM Koz was born in Michigan, but moved to North Carolina for college and never left.

She enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, photography, reading, spending time with foster kids who call her house home, and learning new things. When she’s not creating online training for pharmaceutical companies (her day job) or writing, Koz can be found at the local community college taking courses on various topic