Start by marking “SuperMoon” as Want to Read:
SuperMoon

SuperMoon

Sol is the month between June and July on the thirteen-month Moon calendar. It's the only time teenagers have to themselves between rigorous scientific training and their ultimate lab assignments in their colony on the Moon. Their families emigrated from Earth to build better lives; but life on the Moon is far from perfect, as Uma learns on the eve of Sol.

Uma meets an Eart
Published June 12th 2018 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about SuperMoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SuperMoon

Yusra  ✨
Mar 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
sO like I’m only here for H.A. cause she surprised me with her book “Gifted” and I mean space and shit
Biz (Formerly Rachael)
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as next-on-my-shelf
you ever see a book and think "this looks really kind of weird" but then you look a little closer and you're like,,,,, "I'm going to read this aren't I"
K8
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Aight. This one was just kind of goofy and amateurish and blah. I honestly don't know if I can scrounge up the energy for a real review.

00highlights
– There are some really good lines and descriptions
– ExploroBot subplot is actually pretty metal, holy shit
– The sheer dedication to the brainless terminology

00lowlights
– Seriously, the characte
Kait
Jun 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: arcs
I rarely DNF books, but I'm quitting this one around 50%. Super slow plot, paper thin characters, chintzy worldbuilding, themes thrown in your face... None of this worked for me.

Since I didn't get the full scope of the book, I'll refrain from rating.
Kara
Jun 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This was...not good. The world building was super nonsensical, and the writing was stilted and gimmicky, trying to hard to sound like a teen voice but never coming even remotely close. I DNFed this at like 23%. This is the second book of this author's that I have hated, so I'm done.

From what I read of the book, it was diverse and was building up to a lovely f/f relationship, bu tthat wasn't enough for me to keep going. I didn't read enough to definitively say the rep was good, but I'm one starr
Alexa Hamilton
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: teenbooks, ebook
I'm always in for sci fi with a moon colony. And this future has not only a moon colony but also some very interesting issues that have popped up on earth...thus necessitating the moon colony that Uma lives on. There's tension because Uma is an earthling on the moon, versus those who have been born there into families who have lived there longer. So...that's a bit of immigrant issues. There's also Uma coming to terms with her attraction to girls and her wish to go to earth. Of course, she has to ...more
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: diversity, wlw
is this book going to change anyone's life? probably not. was the writing amazing? no.

(it didn't fully pull off the silly technology names, sometimes it was hard to tell the POVs apart, there was too much infodumping, i saw some of the plot points coming, the ending was a little easy, etc)

but you know what? i had a good time.

there were some cool ideas (the different cultures and societies, the explorobots especially) and some decent -if heavy-handed- messages and social commentary.

the two girls
Caitlyn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The book is cute, and an easy read. It also has an interesting concept. But I found myself really wanting to know more about the beginning: the earthquakes or tsunamis that are mentioned throughout the book are never given more detail. Why humans went to the moon in the first place is never really given the depth it deserves, though that alone might be its own story.
Furthermore, the primary relationship in the story is cute but doesn't feel developed. They just fall in love immediately, and thou
Kathryn D. Brattebo
Out of this world!

This book was a great summer read. I really enjoyed the characters and the science behind some of the cool tech in the story!
Anne
Uma lives on the moon with her mom. They moved there from earth and are looked down on by the people who have lived on the moon for 1-3 generations now. Uma wants to spend her one month break between school and getting her Life Work Assignment (LWA) on earth, but she ends up having to stowaway to make it happen. While there she meets twins Talitha and Castor, falling head over heels in love with Talitha. But when Talitha finds out that Uma has lied to her, there is trouble in paradise.
Lots of ac
Jenni Frencham
I wanted to enjoy this book, truly I did, but the story's beginning makes it sound like one of the Maximum Ride books with the Very Important Environmental Message embedded in it. I could not sympathize with the main character or become invested in her story, which is unfortunate as I think the premise is really interesting.
Thistle
Aug 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Everything about this book annoyed me. Set on the moon (apparently all humans live in space now), a teenage boy was dealing with all the issues a kid in high school on Earth would. Bullies, mean girls, trying to fit in, etc. That wouldn't work for me, but add on top of that all their tech ended in -z. "thotz" for "thoughts" -- some sort of telepathic tech. Things like that. DNF.
Carolina
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-challenge, arc
On the surface this book sounds so ideal: space exploration, science, two girls falling in love... but it really missed the mark for me. The world building felt like too much info dump and not enough at the same time. I never really felt invested in the main characters.
smoreads
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: special
For SLJ
Michelle
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tags: Interpersonal Relationships; Consumerism; Moon Colony; LBGTQ

Uma’s family immigrated to the moon colony to provide her with a better life. But fitting in has been difficult. The only thing making life tolerable has been the prospect of a month long visit to earth prior to the assigning of Life Work Assignments. When her trip request is denied, Uma stows away on an earthbound shuttle. On Earth and on the run, Uma meets Earthgirl Talitha. The pair quickly realize that in each other they have
Livvy Freeman
  • Feeder (Feeder, #1)
  • Shadow Walkers
  • Cross Fire (Exo #2)
  • The Queen Underneath
  • The Dark Intercept (The Dark Intercept, #1)
  • ISAN
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
  • Fire on the Ice (Snow & Ice Games, #4)
  • Losers in Space
  • Bad Trips
  • Urban Dragon: Volume 1
  • Myth and Magic: Queer Fairy Tales
  • Alien: Echo
  • Paranormals
  • Deep Deception
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • Failure to Communicate (Xandri Corelel #1)
Heather Swain lives in a crooked house in Brooklyn, New York with her husband, two children, a barkless dog, and two rescue cats. She is the author of four novels for young adults, two kids craft books, two novels for grown ups, and numerous short stories, personal essays, and non-fiction articles.