Start by marking “The Path of the Spiritual Sun: Celebrating the Solstices and Equinoxes” as Want to Read:
The Path of the Spiritual Sun: Celebrating the Solstices and Equinoxes

The Path of the Spiritual Sun: Celebrating the Solstices and Equinoxes

Exploring the Mysteries of the Ancient Religion of the Sun

In the cycles of the sun and stars, in the movements of the earth and the cosmos, the message of a journey to enlightenment is written.

Many thousands of years ago, ancient seers understood this--revering the sun as the highest symbol of divine consciousness, and its light the spiritual source of creation. Its major
Published July 17th 2017 by Mystical Life Publications Ltd (first published September 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Path of the Spiritual Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path of the Spiritual Sun

Roumissette
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Indiana Jones" meets the Solstices & Equinox! This book is not fiction, yet page after page, it just feels like I'm on the trail of a hidden mystery, like a treasure hunt - it connects the dots about the purpose of humanity, why we are here, and how in ancient times peoples all around the world were much more in-tune with the purpose of life and were connected by a religion of the sun (though not a worship of the sun).

From listing many ancient sites in the world who are dedicated to the Sol
Clark
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was recently visiting an exhibition on ancient Egypt but despite some of the objects I personally found it to be a bit dull and it didn't do much for me.... Why? I wondered. I realised it was because that deeper—magical—more interesting—more accurate understanding was missing.

Something I did get from this book.

It's just one of the many (seriously many) things that I got out of this book. You know everyone, or at least some people :-), have this wonder about ancient Egypt, or our Earth's unkno
Ella
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who has a spiritual connection to nature and an interest in enlightenment, this book is for you. It's a beautiful and mind-opening read, revealing how the structure of the seasonal year itself contains clues and lessons about the process of awakening.

The Path of the Spiritual Sun ties together seemingly disparate aspects of spirituality, with the calm confidence of someone who is speaking from their own inner experience and wisdom. I found this book totally fascinating and uplifting,
Pav
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that our humanity needs

I’m reading this book, thinking how much our humanity is in need of a message like this, to put our lives into their spiritual context.

We live along, trained in pursuing jobs, pleasures, adventures. We think we know it all. And yet for many people there is something missing in their lives. This book gives the information about a profound adventure within that had been lost in obscurity until now.

The book goes through sacred sites, religions, traditions straight into
Laura B
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a unique book. I don't think any scholar out there has this deep and comprehensive understanding about all the different sacred sites around the world and how they are connected. It reminds me of Graham Hancock's groundbreaking work on the same topics but it goes deeper than that into the spiritual mysteries of the various sites and what it all means. It reads easily and is not at all dry and scholarly or overly complicated or swamped in footnotes.

What's best about the book is that the aut
Olga
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blown away. There is no book or author that can be compared to this incredible resource of ancient sacred history or can come close to the amount of information and insight available in the Path of the Spiritual Sun. This book not only connects the pieces of ancient cultures, sites and spiritual traditions found around the world, but it explains and unravels the mysteries that have baffled so many for hundreds of years. Why were ancient sites like the Pyramids of Egypt, Stonehenge, Easter Island ...more
Anne Linn  Kaland
I love this book. I always go to it at the approach of a solstice or equinox, to prepare and be inspired, and to learn. There is so much to learn and reflect upon, and I always feel changed simply by reading the words. It's as though they have love and strength behind them.
Vida
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always felt a pull toward the equinoxes and solstices, and what they could be about. This book really satisfied a lot of my curiosity with in depth historical research and explanation, as well as examples of ancient ceremonies that can still be practiced easily today to connect with the solstices and equinoxes and the deeper meanings. It also connects all the dots with the various sacred sites from all around the world that seem to have been used for equinox/solstice celebrations. I've been ...more
Roy
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is truly an amazing book for anyone interested in ancient sacred sites, lost civilizations and those who want to reconnect with nature and the cosmos through simple and beautiful ceremonies!

Today, my wife and I celebrated the spring equinox and used this book to help us tune into the spiritual meaning of it. We adjusted the ceremony described in the book to fit our situation. Early in the morning we drove to a secluded spot, placed several symbols in a small circle, and greeted the rising s
Aleksandr
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I dip into The Path of the Spiritual Sun each solstice and equinox. The meaning that solstices and equinoxes had to peoples of the past (based on sacred sites, ancient religions and myths from around the world) as well as the significance of these periods to people today is very clearly explained.

The book is written with practice in mind. For each solstice/equinox the meaning as well as the list of sacred sites are described in a way so as to assist an individual’s efforts to tune into the even
Zorana
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really awestruck by the way the authors weaved in so many sources, especially Native American accounts, to piece together the bigger picture of how this humanity came to be, why the hundreds of sacred sites around the world are so significant even today, and how the solstices and equinoxes can still have a place in our modern world. What an impressive piece of work.
Jordan
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is jam-packed with interesting information and facts about ancient sacred sites, their use, and their meaning.

It was amazing to follow along and try out the various ceremonies and celebrations with friends at those special solstice and equinox times of the year.
Julian
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so illuminating! The clarity with which it approaches and reveals the secrets of ancient sacred sites, the history of the ancient solar religion and worship, and its deeper purpose, is something I've never seen before.
Layla
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an excellent read and beautiful too.

It's very much like a journey that takes you across the world, connecting the pieces of our ancient past, some we know like Stone Henge and some that we don't know so well, that have been bound up by so much speculation and misunderstanding. But this book unearths their spiritual meaning and significance and establishes their purpose that has been lost over time.

I won't ruin it for you by going too much into it but I highly recommend it, it will i
Christos
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot to learn from this book.

Following the journey and achievements of the ancient people that built sacred sites around the world - some of them still standing - is fascinating. I was always wondering why there are so many striking similarities in ancient sacred sites and this book has answers based on factual research.

Discovering the ancient religion of the sun and how people back then were celebrating the solstices and equinoxes is quite amazing.
Martin
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I've wanted to read my whole life as it answers many questions that needed answering. It is thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.
Roumissette
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

From listing many ancient sites in the world who are dedicated to the Sol
Jonathan
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere have I ever come across a book like this. Ancient wisdom from around the world, encoded in sacred sites and texts, brought together and explained in simple terms. Excellently researched and composed. Just amazing.

It's quite awesome to reflect on how universal this solar spirituality is when you study it. Hundreds (if not thousands) of ancient sites, from the pyramids at Giza, to the moai statues on Easter Island, all incorporating the solstices and equinoxes. Not to mention the same prin
David
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really amazing book. It's like a guide book as to how ancient cultures celebrated the sun and its spiritual meaning in their lives, sacred sites and civilisations. It's one of those books that I keep picking up again and again to re-read as I keep getting more out of it each time. It's also relevant throughout the whole year as it explains the spiritual meaning of the solstices and equinoxes and of sites aligned to them, so I tend to read each relevant part around the same time each ye ...more
Alexandros
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystic
It is time for adventure :) Reading this ebook I can travel in history and nowadays looking for mystical answers
Fotis
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested into spirituality
This book opened up to me a new way of seeing the Teachings. It connects the dots between ancients civilisation which they have in common the religion of the sun and people who wanting to follow the inner path towards enlightenment.
A lot of the modern religions have many things in common or similarities but it looks like they lack the core message which was lost throughout the centuries.
This book like un umbrella covers and unites those ages and civilisations and describes ceremonies which were
Anne Linn  Kaland
For a long time I’ve wondered about the solstices and equinoxes and wanted to celebrate them in some way. But I just couldn’t figure out how. I couldn’t find much about it online. I remember making oatmeal cookies for the autumn equinox, and lighting candles, and yet I wished I could learn more about how to properly celebrate the event. This book goes into incredible depth about the meaning behind the solstices and equinoxes, and how we can celebrate them, either alone or together with others. I ...more
Fotis
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read the ebook edition before but this one is updated and has extra fascinated content.
I'm regularly coming back to check from season to season what it writes about the current one and when I'm getting into synchronicity with the movement of the Sun this book speaks to me even more. Even on a smaller scale, this of a day time has also something to say. For every sunrise and sunset, every mid-day.

Reading now the "The ancient religion of the Sun" by Lara Atwood those feelings became stronger
Dimi
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible!!...there is sooo much information that makes sense in this book. A great read indeed.
Jenny
Nov 30, 2013
Christine Klimt
Mar 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Belsebuub (Mark Pritchard) is the author of numerous works on out-of-body experiences, inner change, the journey to enlightenment, and the ancient religion of the sun.

For over twenty-five years Belsebuub has undertaken a journey to enlightenment, which he describes as a transformation of individual consciousness through which a person eventually reunites with their higher Being and returns to the
“The Son symbolizes the hope of humanity, bringing light to the darkness of our material existence, and reuniting us with the divinity of our own higher nature.” 7 likes