Start by marking “Looking For Love (Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful, #2)” as Want to Read:
Looking For Love (Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful, #2)

Looking For Love

(Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful #2)

Micah Finn Rawlings has lived most of his life blind, sheltered, and craving adventure. Now, at twenty-two, an operation has given him his sight back and he’s ready to take on the world.

Well, sort of.

His newly restored vision isn’t exactly all that he’d hoped it would be, but he’s definitely not going to let that stop him…. even if he does tend to trip over his own feet, h
Published July 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Looking For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking For Love

Start your review of Looking For Love (Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I loved this pairing. Micah is one of the most adorable MCs EVER! Micah loves life. He believes he has the best luck, and seeing Zach for the first time is almost a religious experience.

Zach, Gabe's friend from book 1, ADORES Micah and treats him like gold.

The comfort-healing trope is very gentle, with Zach accepting Micah exactly as he is.

This is my kind of book: fluffy AND sexy (Micah is an insanely eager virgin).

This would have been a solid 4+ star read, had it not been for the main
Wendys Wycked Words
3-5star.png (1276×256)

I really really enjoyed the first book in this series, do when I saw the second book was out...I jumped on it ;)

This time we get Zach's story. Those of you who have read book 1, already know Zach as being one of Gabe's friends and also a Navy collegue. No worries though, for those who haven't read the first book, because this one can be read as a stand alone ;) I don't know why you would want to skip book 1 though...since I myself really freaking liked it ;)

why-would-someone-do-that-gif.gif (554×314)

Zach is a medic in the Navy. He is bi
Barbara➰
🌟All the stars for Micah! Adorkable! 🥰 And 3 for Zach. You asswipe 🤬🌟

Micah literally falls at Zach's feet. Blind since age 5 from an accident, at 22, he gets his sight back. But he still has trouble "seeing" things. So, he trips and bumps into things. However, his glass is always half-full. He is too precious for words. His wonder and the way he sees the world is beautiful and so stinking sweet. I want one of him for myself.

Zach, a marine, spots Micah and is immediately smitten. I mean, who woul
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I really loved the first book in this series and I was looking forward to the second one. I was not disappointed. Micah is such an adorable MC. I instantly loved him. He's such an upbeat person who loves life and who is trying to get his footing after an operation that has brought his eyesight back. He's having some issues with depth perception which leaves our guy tripping a lot. It's embarrassing but he embraces it and it doesn't stop him from going places and exploring them with his c
Susan
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gbr, hurt-comfort, mm
This was quite a disappointment.

Micah has been blind since he was 5 years old, but he recently he had an operation which allows him to see now. But he has been blind for 17 years, so his brain is having a hard time interpreting what his eyes now see. And that’s why Micah is always stumbling into things or tripping and falling. But that doesn’t deter him in the least, so Micah just goes out there and experience what life has to offer him.

And that’s how Micah one day meets Zach, when he literally
namericanwordcat
This romance is so sweet in places it might rot your teeth. But I am okay with that.

Micah is so sunny and I love him. I love Zach as well. I think the sex scenes later in the book could have been more exploratory but the sexy times are an important part of this book.

All the side characters are great. Reason tends to triumph drama and angst which is good. However, some of the conflict and lack of clear headedness for a while drags.

Overall, the heroes are so great, it is a lovely read.
Denise H.
*** The sweet story of an M/M romance.***
Small, delicate man, Micah, literally falls at Zach's feet.
Zach, 29, a Navy Corpsman, (Medic) assigned to the Marines,

has been unlucky in love, and has a sad history of his father and mother.
Micah, 22, an artist and transcriber,

has overprotective twin sisters and his Mom, ( the 3 Ms), plus he working through the effects of getting his sight back after being blind 17 years. Micah looked up at Zach's blue eyes, they talked awhile, and Zach asked to see
⚣Michaelle⚣
At first I thought that Micah's never-ending positive outlook and overwhelming joy would get annoying, especially when he talked about how wonderful and beautiful even the most mundane things could be. But even my Grinchy heart melted the further along I got in this book.

What a charmingly romantic (and hot) story.
Jay
4.5 stars -- After loving the first entry in this series, as soon as I saw that Looking for Love had been released, I picked it up in anticipation of the next chance I had to read something that isn't on my ARC reading list. My enjoyment came from the same style of storytelling that hooked me before: a lot cute, a lot sweet fluffy, a good bit of heat with a hot military man, and an emotional issue that threatened to tear the guys apart. I also love seeing military guys acting romantic and lovey, ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
This is one of those books that I ended up enjoying way more than I anticipated I would and am left confused by it.

This should have driven me bat shit crazy.

I hate, hate, hate how the “necessary” drama played out in this book. Hated it!

But…

It didn’t drive me all that crazy because I fell head over heels in love with Micah and no matter how bad the other stuff was, he was a shiny ball of color that just bowled over all the ugly.

So yeah, this is going to drive people crazy and it did in fact make
Kelly
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sparrow

Micah is such an a wonderful combination of innocence and the joy of being alive.

I'm honestly still not sure how to feel about Janice. She's like nails on a chalkboard. If the book didn't have other wonderful female characters, and their interactions, I'd be more concerned about how loathsome Janice is. I know women like this exist, they just wouldn't be around my friends longer than a week. There were times she actually made the book more difficult to read, but Micah's absolute lack of
Liam Elliot
DNF

(view spoiler)

All. The. Nope.
Catherine
I had to knock my rating down a little because instalove is yucky even when the characters are lovely and likeable. Also because the crazy pregnant ex-girlfriend shtick is so not my bag. Looking forward to reading Brody's story, though. ...more
BR11
I loved Micah and Zach together but the drama with the ex was too over the top.
Looking forward to Brody's story.
Free with Kindle Unlimited
Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This book could have been AWESOME. Zach and Micah are amazing together. I loved everything about this book until we got to the whole "problem/issue". The POS ex come into the mix with the oldest story since the beginning of time, causing issues for Zach. Zach takes forever to man up and it just irritated the shit out of me. This book would have been the perfect sweet read if we didn't have to throw that crap into the mix. ...more
Pixie
DNFd at 60%. I could see where this was heading & wasn't invested enough to waste my time. ...more
Gigi
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-military
Too much unnecessary drama. :(
Cadiva
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Great follow up for this new series

I have two main things I have to say concerning this book. The first is that any romance which references my favourite scene from my favourite love story film starring my favourite actor is automatically a winner.

(This one in case you were wondering)

The second is that, the above notwithstanding, I almost chucked my Kindle at the wall because Janis. That plot was telegraphed from the off and it drives me utterly insane, it's every cliche I despise in any genre
Ricardo
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars

Not bad for a totally unoriginal and average story full of clichés and stereotypes
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
This book was just OK for me. I don't know if I am in a rut or not but the whole Janis situation was ridiculous, not necessarily unrealistic but it just didn't fit in this book.

Micah was OTT, rainbows and sunshine, and he was just too much for me. Zach was fine except for the thinking he should marry someone because they might be pregnant with his baby.

Anyway, like I said, I could just be in a rut because a lot of people loved this book.
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew

It's actually pretty hard to write effective sweet fluff, as witness the many saccharine examples in my "read - meh" pile. This little book doesn't pretend to be much besides two pleasant people falling (literally, as it happens) in love, but Stella Starling gets the sugar-rating right. Her talent is being able to convey heartfelt "joy" really well, which gives a sense of depth to the slight plot.
Dara Nelson
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, for-blog
How can I put this? Micah - sweet Micah - he was a breath of fresh air, a cold drink on a hot day, a stunning sunset after a romantic date. He was refreshing and beautiful and contagious and, quite simply, one of the best characters I've read in a long time. Zach was.....as I frown at the screen.....at first sweet, charming and wonderful and then his gullibility and stupidity was confusing and frustrating. But he redeemed himself in the end, not succumbing to Janis and her lies but finally liste ...more
Michael S.
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
It almost hurts me to have discovered a Stella Starling book that I thought was just a bit better than just okay, but this one wasn’t a complete hit for me.

While the overall quality and tone was very consistent with other Starling works, two major things got me:

- The Insta-Love. Holy shit. Yes, it was poignant and well-written, but it’s one of my least favorite common romance tropes. My inner cynic has an incredibly hard time letting it pass, and it was strong here.

- That Bitch Janis and her lud
Courtney Bassett
This book was SO CHARMING. I fell in love with both main characters right from the start - especially Micah, with his awkward adorableness and the way he just blurts things out when he's nervous. He made me laugh several times. He's such an optimist, and you don't feel sorry for his vision issues, because HE doesn't let it get him down or hold him back.

Both Micah and Zach are total sweethearts, which means the conflict had to come from somewhere - enter the bitchy ex. I hated her almost enough
Pebbles1374
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it

Manfred
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book probably should come with a diabetes warning, it is so sugary sweet your teeth will ache!
The phrase "insta - love" gets a new meaning here, it takes those guys around 2 seconds to fall for each other!
But as you probably know, from time to time this is exactly what you want from a gay romance.
I was definitely ready for some sweetness and I really didn't miss the drama or reality that this story was completely lacking.
I mean there was a little drama, but I liked the way it was handled.
Yo
avid reader 1
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking For Love is a good read. Really good. And I like the length of the book. It gave me more time to get to know these lovely men.
The author created a beautiful character in Micah. He is always optimistic, with kind words for everyone and everything. Well, except for the antagonist. But even then he isn't overly harsh, just honest. His view of the world peels away any ugliness, leaving a tender beauty behind. I just want to hang out with Micah to experience his innocence and unfailing optimi
Valerie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another original story from Stella Starling. Zach, who has given up one night stands and superficial relationships for over a year so he could find the one, his soulmate, meets Micah at the beach after they lock eyes and he watches as Micah trips and falls. Zach and Micah feel an immediate connection that basically pulses off the page and you're hooked from page one.

Zach had a horrible relationship with his mother and a non-existent one with his father that affected him more than he real
Jenn C
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fake the Date (#Love Wins, #1)
  • Someday (Delicious #1)
  • Delicious (Delicious #2)
  • Geek Tattoo (Geek Ink, #1)
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Melting (Otter Bay #1)
  • Ranger
  • Falling (Delicious #3)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Painted Lace
  • Merry Measure
  • Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptation #2)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Prince Charming
  • Screens Apart
  • Natural Twenty (Roll for Love, #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…

Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful (2 books)
  • Ready For Love (Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful, #1)

News & Interviews