Start by marking “The Lost Kids (Never Ever, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Kids (Never Ever, #2)

The Lost Kids

(Never Ever #2)

Just a few weeks ago, Wylie Dalton was living on a magical island where nobody ages past seventeen, and in love with Phinn, the island's leader. Now, her home is a creaky old boat where she's joined a ragtag group of cast-offs from the island, all dead-set on getting revenge on Phinn for betraying them. But when the Lost Kids invade Minor Island, they're shocked to find it ...more
Published April 10th 2018 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Kids, please sign up.
Anna I wouldn't think so. If you read it, it ends in a way that maybe there could be.. maybe from another person.. or set from another perspective. Or in…moreI wouldn't think so. If you read it, it ends in a way that maybe there could be.. maybe from another person.. or set from another perspective. Or in the future after the events of the second.. (less)

♠️ TABI ♠️
Dec 27, 2016 marked it as to-read
The only wish I have for this is if it will redeem its predecessor . . .
Lauren
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Lori
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Better than the first. The end was a little lackluster to me and bittersweet. I want to say I wish there were going to be more books, but the ending didn’t make it seem that way.
Still, overall I love these books.
Tiffany
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an odd follow up to the first book. I liked how twisted some parts of it were. I wasn't a fan of the ending, it felt too abrupt.
Katy Roach
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
How many times do I have to say show not tell? Geesh.

I didn't care too much for the first book, but I figured I may as well read this one and see if maybe it could bandage up the problems of the first book. It didn't.

And it ended abruptly, stupidly, like she ran out of ideas and just ended it all there. The whole book felt quite thrown together, especially the ending, and it was very hard to differentiate who (Phinn or Wylie) was narrating each chapter, especially towards the end, when Gregory
Catherine
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Ending was unsatisfying. Sequel was much shorter in length than the first novel, and it seemed rushed as well. Plot could have been flushed out much more. Characters make decisions that seemed out of touch with their established personalities. Ultimately I was disappointed in this sequel.
Zainab Sheikh
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do you ever read a book with an ending that isn't what you wanted/expected but still gives you u a good closure? I'm sure I don't make sense but it's really hard to say things without spoiling the entire book.

I have read a lot of YA fantasy but I rarely come across endings like this one had; realistic and made sense. I really like that about this book.
I like that the characters weren't one dimensional and weren't there just to add something to the story.
They all had their storylines and their st
Anna
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Maritza
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: retellings
Such an interesting retelling to the traditional story.
Dianna
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the authors writing and book kept me interested throughout. Why the 3 stars? Didn’t have the happy ending I wanted🤷🏻♀ ...more
Em The Reading Challenge Challenge
A sweet ending to the story started in Never Ever. It did feel a bit rushed in places - particularly the relationship between Wylie and Hopper - but it wrapped things up well and gave the characters all a little more depth. Though quite a bit darker than the first book which I wasn't expecting.

Warning: attempted suicide and references to medical torture.
Brittany Routh
Apr 27, 2018
Jessica
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ pg. 30

I don't remember anything from the first book and I've lost my interest.
Nicole
Kasey Johnson
Jul 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Fool's Paradise
  • The End of All Things (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1c)
  • Midsummer: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for Litha
  • A Field Guide to the Little People
  • Vincent Van Gogh: A Biography
  • The Ghost, The Owl
  • The Night Wanderer: A Graphic Novel
  • Women in Greek Myth
  • Taste of Wrath (Sin du Jour, #7)
  • The Storyteller and Her Sisters (Beyond the Tales)
  • Everwylde (The Kindred, #2)
  • Crashing Heat (Nikki Heat, #10)
  • Forsaken (Unit 51, #2)
  • Gameworld
  • The Eagle's Quill (Secrets of the Seven, #2)
  • The Night Dahlia (Nightwise, #2)
  • Feral Pride (Feral, #3)
  • Ship of Souls
Sara Saedi was born in Tehran, Iran smack-dab in the middle of a war and an Islamic Revolution. She received a B.A. in Film and Mass Communications from the University of California, Berkeley and began her career as a creative executive for ABC Daytime. Since then she's penned three TV movies for ABC Family and a pilot for the Disney Channel, won a Daytime Emmy for What If..., a web series she wro ...more

Never Ever (2 books)
  • Never Ever (Never Ever, #1)