Start by marking “Guys on the Bottom (Guys, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guys on the Bottom (Guys, #3)

Guys on the Bottom

(Guys #3)

Zach has worked long and hard to change his life and restore his dignity after the humiliating breakup with Corey two years ago. But bad luck has forced him to backslide again, and he fears that no matter how hard he struggles, he’ll always be a guy on the bottom. Until he meets Duncan, a much older man who takes a professional interest in Zach, boosting his shaky ...more
Published July 22nd 2017 by Dusk Notes

To ask other readers questions about Guys on the Bottom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guys on the Bottom

Start your review of Guys on the Bottom (Guys, #3)
Wendy
ghjok.png (535×110)

I have skipped book 1 in this series and went straight to book 2, which I loved by the way ;) This is something I do from time to time. Book 1 is still on my "to read" list, but when I found out this book (3) was out...I couldn't resist jumping right into this one first.

tenor.gif (402×196)

I will still go back and read book 1 though...promise ;)

This book is about Zach, who is Corey's (book 2) ex-boyfriend. Now Zach was quite the asshole in book 2. Now if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it's that
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I finally (finally!) read this book, and I only wish I'd gotten to it sooner.

I skipped the second book in the series, so I had no background on Zach, but I felt sorry for him here. Duncan was kind of an arse, unwilling to be honest about his feelings.

These two were super hot together though. I loved the Elfy Choices and the nice HEA.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Thankfully I don't remember much of Zach from the other books in the series, apparently he was pretty awful.

While I did like this one, it didn't wow me. I never really felt much of a connection between the main characters. Maybe because they weren't really together most of the book. And with one unwilling to commit.

But still, it kept me interested and engaged.
Renée
~4.5 stars!~

Holy emotional rollercoaster, Batman.

Darien Cox said this one was "crazy". He wasn't lyin'.

Honestly, this had the potential to be a complete and utter disaster. So how the hell did Cox deliver this successfully? He's magic.

I hated Zach in the first two books. When it came down to it, he was just such a child and completely emotionally undeveloped. Every action and reaction was weighed down in immaturity. He was drama.

Now Zach is two years past his break up with Corey from Book 2.
Ele
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

Who would have thought that Zack's book would end up being my absolute favorite? I firmly believe that people can change if they want to. The alternative is like denying there's any chance of improvement, ever. Zack is the guy that learnt from his mistakes and changed.

Darien Cox gets queer urban life just right. The writing is magnificent, the banter amazing, and the characters so well crafted. Until 70% I already loved the book but I admited to myself that it wasn't very romantic.
Catherine
Call me a sap, but my favourite thing about this book (and this series in general) is the communication between the men - in both romantic and platonic relationships. It's so refreshing to see adult men communicating like adult men. Yes, they tease each other and nag each other when it's called for (all friends do), but they're also willing to offer a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on, to ask a friend or lover to be vulnerable with them and to be allow themselves to be vulnerable in return. ...more
Chris
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
That was actually really sweet - unexpected and swoony. While there was the typical self esteem angst, guilt and remorse, there was also doubt around age issues. Glad this was eventually sorted !
Nat ReadingAllNite
Wow! I like Zach now.

Hopefully you’ve read the first two books before this one, so you know what went on with Zach and Corey. Because Zach has changed so much, he’s almost self-sabotaging when he meets Duncan. He’s trying so hard not to be insecure but doubts his own judgment and suppresses his feelings. Duncan is a bit of a unicorn; older, wealthy, handsome, playful, charming to all and sundry and still uncaught. He also has a connection to Zach’s past.

There isn’t a Darien Cox story I haven’t
Lily
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a shameful confession – I actually didn’t read the first 2 books in this series. I know, I know, I should have read them first, especially since it sounds like this book’s MC caused some major drama in the previous book.
It’s just that… the blurb for this book attracted me a lot more. So I was tempted…

You know what, whatever, I really liked this one so I don’t even care.

giphy1fe6c.gif

So, our main character is Zach, a 27 years old college dropout that works as a bartender in an enchanted bar. Okay, the
Jewel
Nov 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
Thank you Green Elf for this wonderful gift!! I absolutely love this author and am looking forward to digging into this series! ...more
Aerin
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
THIS is why Darien Cox is my favorite author ever! THIS!!!! I'm blown away by his talent! I'll just say THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AMAZING and leave it at that.
Bogusia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars from me :) this series is fabulous!
Great writing!!!
Mercedes
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance

So good! like I predicted on an update I got very little sleep thanks to this book. I couldn't out it down. Also like I said more than a year ago when Book #2 came out: "can't go wrong with Darien Cox." Seriously! I found this book better than the last book at least. It's been a while since I read book 1. But I know I loved this a lot!
Sylvia
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Surprisingly this was my favorite one
Zach really grew on me .
Tina
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

4,5 stars.

Thank you Darien for another great written Guys story.

I didn't care much for Zack in the previous story... he seemed to be quite an asshole back then... but I fell in love with the Zach I got to know in this book pretty fast.

I had my problems with Duncan's commitment-phobia, though. It took me a while to warm up to the guy.

All in all, like the previous two books Guys on the Bottom left me pleasantly intrigued and I can't wait for Darien's next book.

Highly recommended. :)
Lala

There were moments I thought this was gonna be a 5-star read for me, because I'm all for angst, unrequited feelings, jealousy, somewhat unhealthy relationships - and this book has it all in spades!

But it wasn't meant to be. While I loved all the heartache and even shed a tear a couple of times - I just wasn't sold on Duncan. The guy's hot-and-cold attitude got old way too fast..and his overall behavior squicked me out, because I expected him to be more mature emotionally, at least. Instead,
Amazonaute
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. I loved the first two books.

It's basically an extended therapy session - but it's nice to see the hot young man valuing himself and making good decisions. I wish more young m/m heroes were like Zach in this book.
Julie Reads
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-series
J
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable M/M romance with the MC's having a 20 year age difference, and one of the MC's being the uncle of the other MC's previous boyfriend (that had a bad breakup at the end). This was kind of a psychological study of a young man who ruined a previous relationship because of his lack of belief in himself and becoming overly needy and jealous which broke his relationship apart.

Unbeknownst to him, he starts working at a bar owned by the former boyfriend's uncle. Its been two years since
kuro_puppy
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joey
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swoooooooon!!!

I love this series. The banter and the friendship that all the characters share is simply fantastic. Zachary and Duncan were a dream. It was so great to see this sweet sassy grown up Zach. He really got to a place where he knew his own mind. I'd be happy carrying on with this series for the rest of forever.
Coley
Jul 25, 2017
Riina Y.T.
Jul 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Off the Ice  (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Point of Contact
  • Tallowwood
  • Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)
  • Out (Out, #1)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • The Rules
  • Depth of Field (Last Chance, #1)
  • Leaning Into Forever (Leaning Into, #7)
Author Darien Cox lives in New England and enjoys using romantic fiction to explore the intensity, insanity, humor, and chaos that accompanies cupid’s arrow.

Guys (3 books)
  • Guys on Top (Guys, #1)
  • Guys on the Side (Guys, #2)