Start by marking “Richard's Story (Numbers Game #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Richard's Story (Numbers Game #0.5)

Richard's Story

(Numbers Game 0.5)

Richard just wanted a girlfriend - not the apocalypse.

Richard Peak's senior year is looking painfully ordinary - fighting for position on the soccer team, his parents' constant arguing, a glaring lack of a girlfriend. He can't wait to graduate and join a soccer team overseas, preferably as far from home as possible.

Then the president is assassinated and his life changes
Published May 29th 2017 by Diamond Patch Press

Emily Ross
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

I really enjoyed this book! I’ve never read the Numbers Game series, so this was my introduction to the series, and it really makes me want to read the main series because it was a well written, really believable and all the characters fell like real people.

The narrator, Stacey Glemboski, was brilliant. I don’t normally like narrator that are a different gender to the main character, but she was so go
Crystal Collier
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a very grim apocalyptic story, and although I liked it, it was sad.
Lilmissmolly
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed the Numbers Game trilogy by Rebecca Rode, Richard's Story is a must read to understand the background and origin story of how the once prosperous United States becomes a desolate place to live with few survivors. The similarities between Treena and Richard are numerous, the least of which is how they unwittingly become extraordinary heroes.

Richard’s Story follows the life of Teena’s grandfather, Richard Peak, who is just a normal senior in high school. Then, almost overnight, the
Lori
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Very entertaining and enjoyable. Great addition to the series. This was an interesting insight to how the number system started. Even if you have already read the rest of the series this prequel fills in the backstory of how and why the country is the way it is.

Told by Treena's grandfather Richard. The story details the events that preceded the collapse of society. The changes it had on not only Richard's life but the whole country. Leading him to implement the number system.

Stacey Glemboski di
Claire
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of all the books in the series I liked this one the least. While the content was excellent a lot of it was already covered word for word in the third book. There is new material and it is interesting to get Richard Peak's story in this own words but I was a little disappointed that so much of it was a repeat.

Is it worth listening to? Yes, this book effectively gives the story of the birth of NORA and the numbers system.

The narration is once again excellent. The POV for this story is Richards' bu
Montzalee Wittmann
Richard's Story: A Numbers Game Short (Audible Audio) by Rebecca Rode and narrated by Stacey Glemboski is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary. I absolutely loved this story. It had my emotions all over the place. Is this a scenario that could happen, maybe slightly differently? Could our own government do this to us instead? Would we did this to ourselves after? A terrifying story, a touching story, a story of holding on to humanity when humanity is a thing of the past. It is ...more
Michelle VanDaley
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review is based on the Audio version. Richard's Story was captivating from beginning to end and got me very interested to read/listen to the entire series. What makes this story all the more intriguing is the possibilty that it could become our reality one day. Stacey Glemboski did a great job as narrator. The story and characters were easy to follow. Looking forward to ore from this Author and Narrator
Annie
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

This was a prequel to this series, the start of it all...Richard and others had to suffer in order for things to come to order as they did....Richard was very brave, and endured lots of negative treatment, but vowed to make things better....he lost his entire family, all his friends and was shunned..but he never gave up! Good story and narration....I recommend it if you are a fan of the series!!!
Ashley Hedden
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Richard's Story by Rebecca Rode was another great companion story. Richard didn't expect the world to turn into the apocalypse. His whole life changes after the present assassinated and his family goes for safety at his families. It quickly becomes a journey of survival. I love the Numbers Game series and can't wait to read more about Rebecca Rode.
Ruby McDemon
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I loved getting to hear Richard's story fully. Even with all the tragedy and the end of the world as we know it it was still a good read. Getting the full picture instead of just the glimpses from Numbers raging this explained so much about how it all happened. Stacey did an amazing job narrating and showed how awesome she really is at filling her voice with emotion.
Deedra
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was very fast moving.A high school boy just wants to get through his tests.Right before he learns that the president has ben assinated.After that nothing will ever be the same.Great witing!Narration by Stacey Glemboski was really good.“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.
Bookish Addict
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Yet another short story already covered in the series, this time the 3rd book, Numbers Raging. This is Richard's diary and in more detail. Nothing new or original..
Deann
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading these journals before the rest of the books may give different perspective to the series -- that I will be continuing.
Sharon Pomerico
Nancy
Oct 06, 2017
Michelle N
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
With dystopian you always see the aftermath of the situation. It was refreshing to see it unfold from ground zero. I liked the passages from the journal that were also in Numbers Raging. It really brought the series together as a whole.
Arwen
Jill Hoglund
Oct 14, 2018
Mssmallrocks
Dec 13, 2018
REBECCA RODE is the USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Numbers Game trilogy, the Ember in Space series, and numerous novellas. She is also a freelance journalist. She has four children, two cats, one husband, and a ridiculous number of books. Visit her at www.AuthorRebeccaRode.com.

Numbers Game (3 books)
  • Numbers Game (Numbers Game, #1)
  • Numbers Ignite (Numbers Game, #2)
  • Numbers Raging (Numbers Game, #3)