Start by marking “The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton” as Want to Read:
The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton

The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton

**PLEASE NOTE: This is the JUST GOOD CLEAN FUN version of ESCAPADE by New York Times bestselling romance author Kasey Michaels**

For a limited time, get two free books from Kasey > bit.ly/kaseymichaels

Country born and bred Miss Caledonia Johnston has come to London during the Silly Season, not to dance and flirt, and please her Mama by making an advantageous match. In
Published July 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton

Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Kasey Michaels can deliver the laughs unlike any other author. Though less than perfect her characters are as unique as they come. The Bedeviled Viscount Brockton proves that in order to be lovable, one doesn't have to be perfect. Callie is eccentric, pushy and clueless but she is a heartbreaker anyway. Simon knows her oddities but finds comfort in her. She brings him out of his shell and forces him to relax by just being herself. He gives her the courage to listen to her heart while making her ...more
Charline Bonham
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Already owned the spicy version 'Escapade' but author gave me this to read and review. All of review is my own words and thoughts. I always pick the 'clean' version when available and this lost none of the feel and strength. While trying to save Miss Johnston from doing something to get herself hung, Simon also need to deal with his own mother who thinks the girl is perfect for him. Lots of mischief and intrigue.
Janet
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a clean reworking of Escapade

Simon Roxbury leaves the gambling den & enters his coach to find he’s being held at pistol-point. Caledonia Johnston has lain in wait inside the dark town coach of one Noel Kinsey, eager to exact justice in the name of her absent brother. It may not be the best plan, but it seems workable, at least until she realizes she has hidden herself inside entirely the wrong coach. Worse, the man now being held at pistol-point is maddening, unflappable, condescendi
Barbara
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This historical book has it’s good parts and no so good. I’ve read other books by
author Kasey Michaels so I was looking forward to this book. I had a hard time getting into the book and amazed by some of the words used that I had to use the dictionary. But with that I’ve learned some new words. The author does a wonderful job of describing all the characters and the scene. The storyline was good and funny in many parts.

The story is about a young girl, Callie, who is set out to get revenge for h
Lux Lewis
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the clean fun version of 'Escapade'.
This novel had me in stitches. Kasey Michaels is witty. The characters were unusual bunch of interesting people from the gentry and the ton.
Simon Roxbury, Viscount Brockton and Caledonia/Callie Johnston are both clever, have their own lovely family and friends and a mutual dislike to card-cheater Noel Kinsey.
Their first meeting was of feisty Callie holding the Viscount at pistol-point. But tables were turned when Callie and her friend Lester Plum was '
Teri Donaldson
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the opening scene, I was engaged in this story. Callie is one of the funniest Regency romance characters that I have read about. There were so many humor filled and laugh out loud moments in this book. I wish I had a friend like Callie! We would be in so much trouble.
In a case of mistaken identity, Simon is drawn into Callie's life. He's boring and proper. He truly was not prepared for her. Add his mother to the mix and that is when it really got interesting.
All of the secondary characters
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very humorous and entertaining story. The scrapes that the heroine gets into, along with her friends are quite funny. She is quite outspoken and determined to get her way albeit her main concern is for others. She doesn't think through her actions before acting on them and gets into all sorts of trouble. There is also a sweet romance developing. This will appeal to those who prefer this type of romance or a YA.
I received an advanced copy and I have voluntarily reviewed it. This is my
Karen Griffin
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughed out loud through most of the book. Loved it.

This romance was so much fun. I found myself howling with glee. The romance was, as advertised, just good clean fun, which is fine with me. I always find myself saying, "just get on with the story", when the author has a sex scene in every chapter. I sometimes just flip forward to pass over some of them that just go on and on. Loved this version. Enjoyed the escape from reality it brought. Haven't laughed so much in a long while. Thanks Kasey f
MELISSA
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I tried to like it more, but . . .

I liked the characters, generally, and the plot and the setting. However, soooo much needless verbiage had me impatient for the dialogue and plot action. Please stop telling me about the action, rather do the action! This was my first book from this author and if this many unnecessary words and stream of consciousness is her style it will be my last.
Quinn Fforde
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much fun! My favorite part of this book is the wit. The narrator and several of the characters have such a lovely dry sense of humor. They get up to all kinds of zany things, too. Add in the excellent historical research, and this book is a definite keeper. I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for a honest and fair review.
Kathy Bunbury
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An intrepid heroine with a sidekick with unlimited Malapropisms, a verbose hero beleaguered with an outlandish mother and colorful cohorts make up the cast for this amusing story. Whatmore do you need for a thoroughly entertaining Regency romp? I was provided with an ARC to read and review this book and I can honestly say that I enjoyed it from start to finish!
Pandora
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3-3 1/2 stars,

I adore the writing of Ms. Kasey Michaels, my problem is that I am not a fan of historic love stories. So even though I have rated her contemporary works between a 4-5, I just get the lost in the physical world of Victorian era.
Corinne
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still chock full of entertaining characters, this "clean" version of Escapade is just as much an amusing romp as the original.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Norma Reasor
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of great clean fun, Loved it.
Faye C Maxfield
Angela D Blackmon
Jul 29, 2018
vernon  weber
Apr 16, 2018
Kasey Michaels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 books (she doesn't count them). Kasey has received three coveted Starred Reviews from Publishers Weekly, two for the historical romances, THE SECRETS OF THE HEART and THE BUTLER DID IT, and a third for contemporary romance LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY (that shows diversity, you see). She is a recipient of the RITA, a W ...more