Start by marking “Bitch Planet: Triple Feature, Vol. 1 (Bitch Planet: Triple Feature #1)” as Want to Read:
Bitch Planet: Triple Feature, Vol. 1 (Bitch Planet: Triple Feature #1)

Bitch Planet: Triple Feature, Vol. 1

(Bitch Planet (Collected Editions))

DECONNICK & DE LANDRO PRESENT: The Triple Feature!
Ripped directly from the world of BITCH PLANET, a crack team of creators spin fifteen teeth-clenching tales of rage, revolution and ridicule.
Patriarchy beware...this scifi kidney punch can't be stopped...!
100% Grade A satire. Accept no substitutes.
Featuring writers CHERYL LYNN EATON, ANDREW AYDIN, CONLEY LYONS, CHE G
Published December 13th 2017 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Bitch Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitch Planet

Chad
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Random stories of women from the world of Bitch Planet. I'm interested in where the story of the main book is headed. These random depressing stories set in the same world not so much. How many stories can you read of stupid, aggro men putting down women before you want to go slit your wrists? I'm getting depressed just reading this review. Plus, it's mostly by sub-par indie artists. Who thought this was a good idea?

Received a review copy from Image and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest revie
47Time
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-scifi
All these stories are one big 'meh.' At least the members of the 'crack team' were consistent. The fifteen 'teeth-clenching' tales don't have a chance to shine in under three minutes of reading. I suppose the intention was to expand this dystopia and to some degree they manage it. Still, I prefer named characters that I can follow for at least a full story arc. I'm starting to hate anthologies. While the completely independent stories were sometimes fun, they didn't get me hooked, in part becaus ...more
Stephanie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel like punching something now.
Melissa
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
I prefer to read these as individual issues, because I love the back content of articles & discussions, but Hoopla has the complied volume so I’m finishing up this run that way. I really liked these shorts set in the Bitch Planet world, and I especially liked the branching out we got in stories to include some related intersectional topics like me too, police profiling, race appropriation, dysmorphia/unrealistic beauty standards, and other issues all seen through the lens of this world.
Jerrie (redwritinghood)
These short vignettes are filled with the satirical social commentary you expect from Bitch Planet. Of course, I liked some more than others, but overall this was great fun.
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
although there's some good stuff in here, I felt like most stories were too short to really get some point across. only can say I enjoyed a couple of them but I do appreciate the work and ideas put in this.

full review soon
Hilary Martin
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm thinking of going to my next Comic Con as Non Compliant. :)
Renata
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
(read as single issues)

I feel likeeeeeeeee the thing about these being set in the world of Bitch Planet but not moving forward the main plot is that it just really depressed me, like for the same reasons I haven't watched Handmaid's Tale show yet...like I feel like I'm not ready for satire about extreme patriarchy right now, maybe in a few years or something. Also I appreciate the concept of having all these short stories with great authors/artists but they are all so short I never got that inve
Alex Sarll
Shocking to realise that Bitch Planet launched in 2014, yet has only managed ten issues since - and those are years during which its nightmare patriarchal future seems to have come distinctly closer. Obviously one can't hold deConnick and de Landro's workrate entirely responsible for the rise of Trump, but that unkind line of Peter Cook's about the wonderful Weimar cabarets does spring to mind, and it would have been nice if they could have kept up a little more momentum. So, tiding us over, an ...more
Jenny Clark
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: image-comics
I liked the covers, they had the vibes of the 50's pulp novels/movies down pretty well. The stories were alright, it was kinda interesting to see how this whole world started, with first the schools separating boys and girls, and the ad campaigns to get women to beautify themselves intensely, to the point where they had to quit work to keep up with it, the protests ect. I did like the one story about the grandmother talking about how it was in her day, our current day.
Some of the art was just to
Ma'Belle
This collection of short stories set within the world of Bitch Planet, each written by a different insightful author, is a fantastic way to give Kelly Sue DeConnick a break (presumably). The art styles vary quite a bit, which might not jive with some readers, but I found this mini-series to be generally as good as the main series. I'd love to keep seeing the Triple Feature issues alongside or alternating with the ones by DeConnick.

Fav story was probably the one called "It's Good For You!"
Verity W
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I find Bitch Planet fascinating, scary and a little off the wall and these short features are no different. There's humour here, but it's very, very black, and I some times feel like I'm not comic-literate enough and am missing things. But I like that they challenge me and put me out of my comfort zone.
Aaron
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Dang, this feels timely coming at the end of 2017. But I suppose that's the whole point, that Men in power have been doing this shit the whole time and we're just now acknowledging it.
I gave the volumes 1 & 2 of the main series silly winking "The Patriarchy recommends" ratings of 3/5 and 5/5 respectively, but this anthology is detached from the main story and takes place within that world. It's depressing and heavy-handed, but doesn't lose much steam for all that. While I enjoyed this read,
Audrey
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Like most collections, the quality is uneven amongst the contributors. But, it was a fascinating view into the scary (hopefully not a portent to come) world of Bitch Planet, from the ground. An origin story would be welcome.
Lindsay
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection! I like seeing the expanded universe and how some of these stories emphasize the negatives of such extreme gender dichotomy and inequality on people who identify as male, as well.

The modification story really creeped me out. Just wow.
Sierra Dean
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really excellent side stories. A great collection to introduce people to the world of Bitch Planet, with some biting social commentary on gender, race, and the state of the world we live in.
Krista
A couple of these fell flat for me, but overall this collection is a good expansion of the Bitch Planet universe. Pure dystopian horror.
Jessica Hall
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the original Bitch Planet series lacked world building, but this anthology gave me everything I was missing. I loved to hate all of these stories.
Marcela
Shudder.
Rick
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good stuff, but not quite as good as the regular story line. I liked the different perspectives and the art styles. Very enjoyable. This stuff should be required reading.
Heather
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Because of the way this was listed in my library's catalogue I thought I was reading Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine which left me very confused when I started reading. Instead Bitch Planet: Triple Feature is a collection of short stories set in the Bitch Planet universe each one written and illustrated by different authors. They were interesting but I think they would make more sense if I'd read the main Bitch Planet storyline first.
Amanda Hanson
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
This was beautiful and disturbing and made me want to read the rest of the Bitch Planet graphic novels immediately. Some of the stories felt too short and some resonated immensely. I'm glad I read this.

Thank you to the publisher and to Edelweiss for the advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Rachel
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Stories from random women who inhabit the Bitch Planet world (none of the characters you know and love from the main series). “Everyone’s Grandma Is A Little Bit Feminist” stole the show for me, as I have personally experienced some of those ridiculous comments about Jewish stereotypes in person. Like any anthology, some stories and artwork were better than others.
Elizabeth-Anne
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I am not familiar with the main series this book is an offshoot off, however I still found these stories an entertaining and frightening glimpse into a dystopian universe, one that has warnings for our own political and social landscape.
Artemis
Political anthology tales from the world of Kelly Sue DeConnick's B-movie, sci-fi, dystopian nightmare about the patriarchy, 'Bitch Planet.'

Each story certainly sticks with you. Some artwork is better than in the others, though I suspect a lot of the graininess, the distortions, and the ugliness all have a point; to add to the atmospheric horror of women being completely stripped of their rights and choices, and this is seen as normal. Progressive, even.

"This is good for you," they say.

"It's fo
Michael J.
This is a spin-off series set in the universe of Bitch Planet. Each issue featured three short stories by different creative teams. If you're curious about Bitch Planet, read either Volume 1 or 2 before this to avoid being thoroughly confused. You won't learn anything new from reading this-- in some cases the story doesn't seem to be set in the same universe as DeConnick created.
Of the fifteen stories in this volume, there's only a small sample that I found enjoyable. Some were too obvious and
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

BITCH PLANET is a thought-provoking and important series, but it can also be a difficult one to read. Kelly Sue DeConnick has the ability to turn a spotlight on a harsh truth and inspect it. BITCH PLANET: TRIPLE FEATURE VOLUME 1 introduces us to different artists and writers, each with their own spin on DeConnick's universe.

However, the universe that Kelly Sue DeConnick created is too immense for the short story format. There's not enough time to devel
Byrdie
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The comics series lasted from 2014 to 2017, and I only just started reading them in the first month of 2019.

Although this graphic novel is short stories about the non-Bitch Planet world, I think that the world building and emotional punches of the stories might actually be more powerful than the original comic - which felt revolutionary all on its own. I'm sorry that it ended.

Bitch Planet tells the story of "non compliant" women living in the backlash from a Black woman's presidency. The women r
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
While not part of the main storyline of Bitch Planet this does take place in the same world before Bitch Planet was ever a thing. Each issue consists of three vignettes written and drawn by different writer/artist duos. Each story is hit or miss for me. There were plenty of hits, but the misses were kinda bad. A couple I didn’t get, or the art didn’t appeal to me.

The last two hit me the hardest. ‘Mirror, Mirror’ crushed me and angered me. It’s something that is so damn common in Hollywood, and w
Susan
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bitch Planet continues to speak to my heart. My angry, angry heart. It's raw, honest and occasionally really funny. In a scene of women protesting against the patriarchy one carries a sign that says "Mansplain my Boot Up Your Ass" which still makes me laugh whenever I think about it. I was very pleased to have finally found the character I would be in this world in "Everybody's Grandma is a Little Bit Feminist." I couldn't relate more to the nut-cracking Nanna. I react exactly the same way whene ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• DC Comics Bombshells, Vol. 3: Uprising
  • Clean Room, Vol. 2: Exile
  • Kim & Kim Vol. 1 (Kim & Kim #1-4)
  • Sex Criminals, Vol. 4: Fourgy!
  • Lady Killer, Vol. 2 (Lady Killer, #2)
  • Curse Words, Vol. 1: The Devil's Devil
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow
  • Spider-Women
  • Faith, Volume 2: California Scheming
  • Battlepug: Volume 1 (Battlepug, #1)
  • Hinges: Book One: Clockwork City
  • Your Black Friend
  • Lumberjanes: To the Max Edition, Vol. 2
  • Truth: Red, White & Black
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 2: My Feminist Agenda
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 5: Imperial Phase, Part I
  • Womanthology: Space
  • Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1

Bitch Planet (Collected Editions) (2 books)
  • Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine