Start by marking “Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9)” as Want to Read:
Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9)

Night World, No. 3

(Night World #7-9)

Includes:
Book 7 - Huntress
Book 8 - Black Dawn
Book 9 - Witchlight

Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters - they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

The apocalypse is drawing near. But four Wild Powers can save the world from the impe
Paperback, Omnibus, 732 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by Simon Pulse

Tatiana
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, romancelandia, ya
I think I now understand better why so many L.J. Smith's fans crave the last, 10th, installment of the Night World series - Strange Fate - to be finally published. Throughout this series of paranormal romances Smith has created a fascinating supernatural world and gradually built up to a great end-of-the-world showdown destined to happen in the final chapter of the story.

This collection of 3 romances is of the same quality as two previous Night World tomes. What you have here are these scenarios
Regan ♥
Mar 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Huntress: This was my favourite in this book. It was so awesome, and I loved the relation ship between Jez and Morgeard. Jez was a really cool character and made me laugh and Morgeard was funny. "DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME, JEZEBEL! DON'T YOU DARE! Or I swear I'll follow you to the next world and KILL you." -- My favourite line. I liked Hugh; I loved the fact he was an Old Soul. It's really interesting. I liked everything about this story, and I didn't want it to end.

Black Dawn: Another very good
Mely
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it
So far, Night World is my favorite L.J. Smith series, because it is the most cracktastic. It is full of the kinds of stuff your sixteen-year-old id comes up with and incorporates into your private vast crossover-ridden original fiction playground. (Everybody mashes up all their favorite characters and tropes into a personal fantasy playground when they're sixteen, right? Right? Guys?) It has a secret history of the world, in which there is a Night World of witches, vampires, and shapeshifters, w ...more
Kristen
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Three amazing adventure-packed books all in one that kept me craving more and more! i love this author. i read the Secret Circle Series by L.J. Smith as well and adored them. I read No.3 first because that's the one my aunt bought, but i liked it so much i went back to Wal Mart and bought the first book and will be looking for the second, most likely.
Huntress is about a young lady named Jezabel Redfern, one of the best and most honoured huntresses in the Night World. She suffers internal conf
Bex
Mar 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
The new millennium is quickly approaching, and the Night World is readying itself for a humongous change. Four Wild Powers with unsurpassed powers are destined to save the world from darkness, but without them, the human race could become extinct--something many vampires would love to see. In Huntress, Jez is horrified to discover that she is half-human, half-vampire, and despises herself for her actions while she was a vampire. She leaves her gang and becomes a vampire hunter. But she must face ...more
Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)
Mar 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

1.5/5 stars.

Summary:

wow this sucks

they all suck

I read this bc it's one of the last things on my shelf that I haven't read and I've read the other 2 packages.

This is the worst in the trilogy.

Book 1: 1 star.
Book 2: 2 stars.
Book 3: 2.5 stars.

If anybody wants my copy, I'll gleefully give it away.

Waste of time :/

Same plot; different names. Predictable, unnecessary.

Such a shame.

Me:
description
Saniya
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is Good! =]
Huntress:- The story was great! From the first line till the end of the Story. Kept me well entertained. :D The Characters were great too! Jezebel was a confident strong and an amazing character. I loved it how she will die for her friends and family. Morgead! Mysterious, hot ;) funny and a strong character...I am practically in love with him! "DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME, JEZEBEL! DON'T YOU DARE! Or I swear I'll follow you to the next world and KILL you." -- My avourite line.
Chu Jun
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
These series of books have 3 stories in each book.
In this book the end of the millenium(THE APOCALYPSE) is coming
Circle Daybreak have to find 4 wild powers to protect the humans but
the nightworld is now split in half, the vampires and witch are against each other and the werewolves and shapeshifters are in the middle somewhere. According to these prophecies

Four to stand between the light and shadow
Four of the blue fire,power in their blood
Born in the year of the blind maiden's vision(Arad
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
It’s been a while since I’ve read the other two collection books from this series. But it really doesn’t matter as while they all play their part in making the next story, it’s not relevant that I don’t really remember what happened in the [ast 6 books, that deters me from getting involved with this set.
From the moment I picked this book up and finally decide to read it, I was hooked and didn’t want to put it down. Starting from 7 with The Huntress it could’ve even been its own series entirely.
Allybal

I've said it twice, but I'll say it all once more, as much as I didn't want to admit it, I saw these books, knew they were about vampires, and couldn't even try to say no! When I found the Night World Volumes 1, 2 and 3 I became openly skeptical, a little unexcited(due to the surplus of unintelligent Young Adult Vampire novels as of oh so very recently, thanks Twilight!) but still couldn't ignore the fact that I was without a doubt going to read them.

I only wish that I knew how quickly and fero
Madarina Safa'
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay. Where to start? I've read this a long time ago, about a year? And I still remember the characters. I love Morgead and Jez, Delos and Maggie, as well as Keller and Galen. OMG. Soulmates stuff are awesome, actually. I love how Delos have yellow eyes and that he's a Wild Power, so as Iliana and Jez. So what was that prophecy?

One from the land of kings long forgotten (?)
One from the hearth which still holds the spark
One from the Day World where two eyes are watching (?)
One from the Twilight wi
Jacqueline
Jul 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Luke
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night World, No. 3

Huntress
Rating: ★★★★☆
Plot Synopsis: Jez Redfern is leader of the Night World vampires, but had an instinct to protect innocent mortals from her former friends... Can She resist her desire for blood?
Summary: I thoroughly enjoyed Huntress: it was filled with interesting characters, and I liked Jez, in particular; and it had its fair share of twists. Overall, it's one of my favourites from the series, along with Secret Vampire and Spellbinder.

Black Dawn
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Plot Synops
Stephanie
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love how this series progresses. The plot thickens and more characters find their soulmates. Huntress is one of my favorite stories of this series. Jezabel Redfern is an awesome character and I really enjoyed her story.
Loz
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think it might be my favourite of her series? Maybe? It's got shape-shifters! There need to be more shape-shifter books! Really looking forward to the last book.
NightmareMaven
A great anthology of stories set in the same world! A must for any supernatural romance lover! The stories cross paths from time-to-time, as well.
Ravencrantz
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, library
Guess now I'm stuck waiting with everyone else for the conclusion that will never come
Khadija
May 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: over 12's
Shelves: favorites
Danyelle Haynes
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review Book 7 - Huntress
This is the story of Jez, a human that is half vampire who hunts vampires, who is on a mission to find four wild powers who can save the world from the apocalypse. Personally, I was super excited to read this book because I had read the second book prior to this one. I loved her interpretation of the supernatural characters included in this book because everyone has their own view on what a vampire is and what they look like. This book really connects you to its character
Wren [t(he)y]
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogs...

In the third bind-up volume of the Night World series, the Wild Powers are rising. The millennium is almost here, and with it will come a new age of unity, or of darkness. Paranormal creatures such as vampires, shapeshifters, and witches will either work together to stop the darkness, or fight to win the battle at the end of the world. But who will win?

I loved this! First off all, the books contained in this volume are all
Kerri Simpson
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual I pick up the series in the middle of it. I'll probably edit it to include the last two when I'm finished. This book surprised me how much I had enjoyed it. I know i shouldnt compare it to the vampire diaries I didnt even realize it was the same author! I had tried to read two books of the vampire diaries because I enjoyed the show. I just couldn't get into the vampire diaries the books. That being said I loved the Huntress! It was a great surprise. Jez is a great character and its easy ...more
Ayesha
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nancy Steinle gummel
Night World No. 3 by L.J.Smith is 3 books combined towards similar goals. The first book, Huntress, is about young vampires, mainly Jez and Morgead. After almost killing a gang member, Jez, who is half vampire, decides to face her humanity and becomes a vampire hunter, living with the human half of the family. Her cousin Clair's jealousy almost gets them killed. The hunt is on for the individual with Wild Power. The 2nd book, Black Dawn, leads to a hidden valley filled with evil vampires, shapes ...more
Raquel
Five stars for ALL OF THE CHARACTER IN THIS THREE BOOKS. First we have Jez, badass character, allbeauty vampirism, in a gang (view spoiler) Next book, well I just love the Middle Ages ...more
Sandie
May 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-l
I enjoyed this series of books very much. As of right now there are 9 books with the conclusion due out in 2010.
The name makes you think its all about vampires, but you get witches, werewolves, shape shifters and dragons as well. Each volume was better then the last.
Night World isn’t a place so much as it is a group of people who live among humans in secret. We the humans are not just the enemy but we are food as well and definitely looked down upon. However, at the heart of each story there i
Anna  (The Bursting Bookshelf)
Nov 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was, by far, the best book in the series so far. It may have had the same awful cover style, but it had the best stories inside. I personally loved all the books in the bind-up and thought 'Wow I can't wait for Strange Fate to come out!'. Well guess what? I still am. But that's not the point.The point is I adore how LJ is able to right off the bat grab your attention and have you feel for the characters fast. LJ is just amazing in that way because she literally weaves her own universe that' ...more
Sian
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
fucking nostalgia attack right now
Nandar
Caitlyn Mancini
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The characters in this book are still just as intriguing as the last two. You meet new people and experience new supernatural situations. It feels as though it's being pulled toward something bigger. And it makes you want more.

However, I will say that I finally got to the last book (because I've noticed reviewing this includes the last few books), and I've been disappointed that it's been leading up to this big battle and I got into the series years after it was published and people were still
*Sklip*
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I positively love the way L.J. Smith writes. But I really do wonder if she is obsessed with vampires or something. No offense, but her vampire novels are much better than Twilight.

My fav character from Huntress was Claire. She was like the one who made sure everything was perfect. Then everything changes when she listens in on Jez's conversation with Hugh. Jez tells her the truth, and she doesn't panic at all, and remains her composure.

Fav character from Black Dawn was Delos. He is kind of sim
2015 Reading Chal...: Night World by L.J. Smith 1 9 Apr 03, 2015 05:40AM
If you liked the prince (Delos) in Black Dawn... 3 13 Sep 03, 2014 12:24AM
3rd Period Langua...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Mykei's book one 4 12 Feb 17, 2014 07:51PM
nightworld 21 36 Jan 10, 2014 11:48PM
Which one of the Night Worlds is your fav? 53 111 Jan 04, 2014 01:34PM
Night world RP: The Empire State Building 1 1 Jul 04, 2012 02:54AM
Night world RP: Redfern Mansion 1 4 Jul 03, 2012 02:27AM
  • Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound (Wicked, #3-4)
  • The Morganville Vampires, Volume 2 (The Morganville Vampires, #3-4)
  • Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #3)
  • Vampire Kisses: The Beginning (Vampire Kisses, #1-3)
  • Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2)
  • Vampire Beach: Volume 2 (Vampire Beach, #3-4)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • The Den of Shadows Quartet (Den of Shadows, #1-4)
  • Dark Secrets 1 (Dark Secrets, #1-2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

Night World (10 books)
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Spellbinder (Night World, #3)
  • Dark Angel (Night World, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Soulmate (Night World, #6)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Black Dawn (Night World, #8)
  • Witchlight (Night World, #9)
  • Strange Fate (Night World, #10)
“People Die...
Beauty Fades...
Love Changes...
And You Will Always Be Alone”
230 likes
“Soulmates. That was the word. Maggie could sense what it meant. Two people connected, bound to each other forever, soul to soul, in a way that even death couldn't break. Two souls that were destined for each other.” 160 likes