Start by marking “Red River, Vol. 8 (Red River, #8)” as Want to Read:
Red River, Vol. 8 (Red River, #8)

Red River, Vol. 8

(Red River #8)

Over 15 million copies sold in Japan! R to L (Japanese Style).

Prince Kail, a young warrior and sorcerer, and Yuri, a modern-day teen, were thrown together when Queen Nakia drew Yuri across time and space into the ancient Hittite Empire. When it is the season of the North Star, Prince Kail has the power to send Yuri home. But the evil queen's plan to murder them both--and

Published September 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 26th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Red River, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red River, Vol. 8

Lexie
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gns-owned-read
So pretty much any time Yuri comes across a famous ancient personage and is like 'I should remember this name..." I want to smack her. Who doesn't know Ramses?! GAH! Though he's quite the playboy...

Welcome to book 8 in which Yuri gets to meet her doppleganger! Or rather a beautiful, vain, spiteful shrew of a woman claiming to be her. Too bad Ancient Turkey didn't have google!

So King Suppichan is dead (sadly) and the crown Prince Arunanda (no wait Arunium? Arumpanda? these names!) and so Nakia is
Anna 'Bookbuyer'
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lauren
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I would really recommend this series to fans of Inuyasha, it has a lot of the same concepts.
Emmy Lou
the Hittites are on the brink of war with the Egyptians all because of Queen Nakia's evil plot to kill Prince Zannanza. Will Yuri be able to get to Kail to explain what happened, or will the two mighty nations clash in a bloody battle of revenge and hatred?
Brianna
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
really good.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Julie
Nov 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a fan of some of the outfits in the manga but the characters are to die for. The passion and misunderstanding throughout the books are beautifully portrayed. There is never a dull moment.
Miss Ryoko
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
I'm not sure why, but I'm REALLY rooting for Kail and Yuri! Normally I don't even care much about the relationship, but I really want those two to be together!!
Destiny
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Must read for fans of Inuyasha and From Far Away.
Katie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Kereesa
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
THIS SERIES HURTS MY HEART.

4.5-5/5
Soobie's scared
Eh sì, ci son rimasta male per la morte di Zananza... Alla fine si era dimostrato un valoroso guerriero e sarebbe stato un perfetto re d'Egitto.

Zananza se ne va e arriva Ramses. Che ha la faccia da schiaffi di chi sa di essere bello e di poter fare tutto quello che vuole. Insomma, una di quelle persone che, se fossero reali, eviterei come la peste... ^__^ Ma su un fumetto, si può ben leggere di lui e tifare - più o meno - per lui.

I guai per Yuri, intanto, continuano ad accumularsi. L'imperatore
Alexis
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found this series on a mere coincidence but it quickly became one of my all time favourites. I read the entire series in 1.5-2 days. It was truly wonderful and a joy to experience.
Victoria
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Holly
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story, beautiful artwork, and great characters.
Amanda
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 8: Miori
  • Basara, Vol. 25
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 6
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 9
Chie Shinohara (篠原千絵 Shinohara Chie, born February 15) is an award winning Japanese manga artist best-known for Red River, known in Japan as Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori: Anatolia Story. She has twice received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo, in 1987 for Yami no Purple Eye and in 2001 for Red River.
Aside from her comics work, she has also written several prose novels. She has published the six

Red River (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Red River, Vol. 1 (Red River, #1)
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
  • Red River, Vol. 3 (Red River, #3)
  • Red River, Vol. 4 (Red River, #4)
  • Red River, Vol. 5 (Red River, #5)
  • Red River, Vol. 6 (Red River, #6)
  • Red River, Vol. 7 (Red River, #7)
  • Red River, Vol. 9 (Red River, #9)
  • Red River, Vol. 10 (Red River, #10)
  • Red River, Vol. 11 (Red River, #11)