Start by marking “Leaping Wolf (The Caledon Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Leaping Wolf (The Caledon Saga #2)

Leaping Wolf

(The Caledon Saga #2)

Lepidus is defeated and Rhianwyn’s precious Caledon is at peace, but still Gawan of the Gorvicae is troubled. What future is there for men like him in a world with no more need for warriors? With his tribe saved he knows that he ought to be contented, but more and more he finds himself dwelling on his past, and the life he abandoned for what he thought was a greater duty. ...more
Paperback, 1, 604 pages
Published June 9th 2017 by JPH

To ask other readers questions about Leaping Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaping Wolf

Start your review of Leaping Wolf (The Caledon Saga #2)
Ramsey Meadows
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is not often the case in a second book that it is better than the first. Also found this one to be a bit more emotional. Maybe I just connected with Gawan’s character more. He was run through the ringer for sure. If you enjoyed book 1 you have to keep going in the series because it just gets better.

For anyone who has not read book one this is a continuation of the series that starts with Wildcat and follows a new main character Leaping Wolf. After the conclusion of book 1. Picking up directl
Darque  Dreamer
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads
Leaping Wolf blazes with ferocity. It holds death, betrayal and intensely powerful emotion. With the heart of a wildcat, and the soul of a wolf, this one is the embodiment of war, friendship, and honor.

Have you ever looked at a big book and felt intimidation and fear? Intimidation from the size, and fear that, once you start reading, you would become lost to everything around you. These are the emotions I felt as I looked at Leaping Wolf, but when I finished it, my soul was quenched and I was ki
Kayla (krakentoagoodbook)
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

I received a copy of Leaping Wolf from the author - thank you! All opinions are my own.

Cat (BrewsandReviews) and I buddy read this one after having a great time reading Wildcat together. These books lend themselves well to reading with friends since there are surprising moments, and it's fun to hypothesize about future events.

Leaping Wolf picks up after the events of Wildcat and focuses more on the politics within the tribes that make up Caledon. Not everyone is ok with h
Cat
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book by the author for review.

Leaping Wolf was a high four-star rating for me and I found it a really enjoyable read. The problems I had with pacing in Wildcat are all gone in this book and the plot always moves along smoothly. It follows on really nicely from book one with a focus more on how the Lurians are dealing with the newly formed Caledon and what it means for their society.

I was doomed to enjoy reading from Gawan's perspective, because I am a sucker for grumpy older men
Sarah 🕺🏻
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book a lot but I have to say that the romance(whatever it was) was a bit weird and out of no where?? But the thing I like about these books is that they aren’t solely romance based, it’s quite refreshing.
Adriane (Ordinary Reader)
3.5

Leaping Wolf picks up where Wildcat Left off. The tribes have become allies, but with that alliance comes questions of purpose now that there will be no more war and raids. No one has to worry long though because one of the allied tribes chieftains has been murdered and a new threat of war has arisen.

Where Wildcat was heavily focused on the Gaian politics and culture, Leaping Wolf takes a closer look at the tribal culture, magic and politics. We’re following characters (mainly Gawan aka Leap
Cyra Schaefer
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Leaping Wolf picks right back up where Wildcat left off. The battle at Second Nantwyn is over and Lepidus is defeated. The warriors of the Caledon are headed back to Bryngarth to deal with funerals, picking new Chieftains, and worrying about what they're going to do with themselves if they can't fight each other anymore.

They don't have to worry about this for long though because the Chieftain of one of the Caledon tribes is murdered and the warriors are needed once again.

Where Wildcat felt like
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Leaping Wolf takes place after the battle scene in Wildcat. The tribes are at peace once again, but will it last? I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than the first book! I wasn't sure going in, as I had some issues with the start of this series, but after getting used to the world of Caledon, I'm starting to really enjoy reading about these characters! Such an impressive world is laid out in this series, and the characters, battle hardened tribal people, are well written!

*I received a copy fro
Richard Evans
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant second edition. Looking forward to the third.
Donna
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
While I feel the same way toward the writing in LEAPING WOLF that I did in WILDCAT, in that it’s a pretty seamless read with engaging writing that despite the length of the book felt mostly effortless, I didn’t like it as much as its predecessor. Mainly because not a whole lot happens. Where WILDCAT took a lot of time developing characters, there was still stuff going on that progressed the plot. In LEAPING WOLF it’s almost entirely character-based with very little action or movement within the ...more
A.R. Hellbender
Mar 26, 2020
megan
May 22, 2020

• Stepsister
  • Elantris (Elantris, #1)
  • The Novice (Black Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • ワンパンマン 11 [Wanpanman 11] (Onepunch-Man, #11)
  • Am I Normal Yet? (The Spinster Club, #1)
  • Foundryside (The Founders Trilogy #1)
  • Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)
  • His Captive Human (Centauri Captives, #1)
  • Violent Desires
  • Trigun Omnibus (Trigun Volumes 1-2)
  • Promise of Blood (Powder Mage, #1)
  • East of West, Vol. 2: We Are All One
  • Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)
  • A Rose for Emily
  • Barn Burning
  • Poison Study (Study, #1)
  • Lion Hearts Tiger (Heartland Shifters, #1)
  • Red Leaves

The Caledon Saga (3 books)
  • Wildcat (The Caledon Saga #1)
  • Lion Cub (The Caledon Saga #3)

News & Interviews