Start by marking “Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now” as Want to Read:

Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now

I’ve got seven days to come clean to my new dad. Seven days to tell the truth…

For sixteen-year-old Tiffany Sly, life hasn’t been safe or normal for a while. Losing her mom to cancer has her a little bit traumatized and now she has to leave her hometown of Chicago to live with the biological dad she’s never known.

Anthony Stone is a rich man with four other daughters—and rul
Published May 1st 2018 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now

Start your review of Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now
C.G. Drews
I feel like someone just threw an entire box of COMPLICATED EMOTIONS at me. This book made me very angry at times, but also I'm intensely impressed with it and absolutely loved Tiffany like nothing else!! I raged at the bad and cheered for the good...a lot went down ok. It's a lot to digest.

The story follows Tiffany Sly who's going to live with her estranged dad. She doesn't know he has kids though, so it's like BOOM she gets hit with an instant family. And I'm not even kidding: her dad is an ab
Dana L. Davis
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SPOILER ALERT: I wrote this!

It's been my dream to tell a story that travels out into the world and I'm thrilled to share seven days in the life of 16-year-old Tiffany Sly with all of you. Though Tiffany is dealing with some pretty heavy stuff, she's also got a lovable Spirit and a sense of humor that will (hopefully) make you laugh out loud. This inspirational, family story begs the question...what if what doesn't kill you DOESN'T make you stronger. What then? My hope is that through Tiffany dis
Rebecca McNutt
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

Anybody remember that 1990's sitcom The Nanny? This book reminded me very much of that in many ways as it follows a girl who knows nothing about the family she'll be moving in with. In this case, she has recently lost her mother and soon finds herself about to meet an estranged father whom she's never known before, and will it be worth it, or is his own family just nothing like she's prepared for?

Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now is a really impres
Rachel Reads Ravenously
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Buri103
4 stars!

This is one of those books you read, enjoy, and then wonder: why isn't this book more popular??? It's so good!!!

Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now is about a teenage girl whose mother dies, so she moves from Chicago to Simi Valley, CA to live with a father she never knew existed until just before her mom died. She also discovers a stepmother and four half sisters, all of which was a shock to her. On top of all of that, a man named Xavier is convinced he is Tiffany's real father, and in one w
Joce (squibblesreads)
Jazmen
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am Tiffany Sly, and she is me.

I have to admit this book surprised me. I wasn't sure where this book was going to go, because I admittedly did NOT read the blurb for this book.

I seen the cover, and honestly--that was enough for me. I have to pat myself on the back--because I did well. This was a great read.

Tiffany Sly's Mom dies from cancer--and Tiffany is sent to live with the father she never met--in a totally new state. BUT, before she leaves, another man comes forward, claiming to be Tiff
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

TW: Ableism, abuse of an autistic character, fatphobia, physical assault, homophobia, biracial erasure.

This book would have been an instant 5 stars if only, IF ONLY, it hadn't had some iffy content. Tiffany has anxiety and OCD and moves in with her super strict dad that she had no idea existed, his wife and their four daughters, and seeing her navigate all those relationships while also dealing with grief and her mental illness was absolutely amazing. I loved her journey
Yusra  ✨
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
very conflicted.
Erika Cruz
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am an avid reader of YA sci-fi and fantasy. TIFFANY SLY is the very first YA contemporary novel I’ve ever read, and I am glad it was because I’m hooked. I have a newfound love for YA contemp thanks to this book!

Basic premise without spoilers: 16 y/o girl’s life is turned upside down after her mom dies and discovers the dad she goes to live with might not really be her dad.

I was so impressed with the writing. Dana L. Davis is such a powerful writer with a robust voice. She brought every charact
Shanti
This is an incredibly complex novel, and one that fits a lot into it's short timeframe, which was fully impressive. I loved Tiffany Sly and I love all the pieces of her that Dana L. Daviw uses for her story.
Above all this was a story about family (Grace, if you're reading this: there's no romance!). To Tiffanny, family has meant one thing: her mother and grandmother. Now, her mother is dead and her grandmother is in Chicago, and Tiffany has a new family and more questions than she's ever had be
Dahlia
Apr 30, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-releases
This was a really fast and absorbing read that pairs really nicely with HOME AND AWAY by Candice Montgomery, thematically. I loved the touch of their family being Jehovah's Witnesses, because that's really not something I've seen in YA (and now I'd really love to see a YA from the POV of a teen who actually is one, especially if they embrace and love it). Will definitely be picking up whatever Davis writes next.
Kiera
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Summary from Goodreads

Anthony Stone is a rich man with four other daughters—and rules for every second of the day. Tiffany tries to make the best of things, but she doesn’t fit into her new luxurious, but super-strict, home—or get along with her standoffish siste
Vicky Again
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I definitely enjoyed reading this debut!

Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now is thoroughly real with its relatable and realistic main character, Tiffany Sly, who is funny and real and a little bit naïve, but thoroughly genuine.

I loved Tiffany Sly. I want to be Tiffany Sly's best friend. I want Tiffany Sly as my best friend. Her voice really shines through in this addictive debut, and I can honestly say that I found her to be a really interesting and fun narrator.

The one thing I really love about Ha
Kristen
THIS WAS SO GOOD! Read it in less than a day. Perfection. I laughed and cried. I'm declaring yhis my favourite YA read of 2018!
Maraia
I’m having a hard time sorting out my thoughts about this book. I absolutely adore the main character, Tiffany Sly. She’s bold, she speaks her mind, she doesn’t let herself be bullied into following orders blindly, and she suffers from anxiety and OCD. Like Tiffany, the author is black and has anxiety, so the representation is of course great. I also appreciate that there wasn’t any romance in the novel!

However, this feels very much like the debut novel it is, and I found the plot hard to belie
Cori Reed
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Incredibly enjoyable. I loved Tiffany's character a whole heck of a lot!
Michelle
"What happens when God doesn't answer prayers?"
This is the question that Tiffany Sly asks herself after her mother succumbs to leukemia. On her sixteenth birthday Tiffany finds herself flying across the country to meet her father for the first time. When she arrives at his home she is greeted by her siblings and stepmother -- the family she never knew existed until now -- and finds herself at the mercy of her father's stringent house rules. It is enough of a struggle to confront the loss of
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now may be a little rough around the edges, but it's a gem of a book. This book is as messy as it comes, but that was what made it wonderful.

- About a girl, following the loss of her mother, and her life after she moves in with the father and family she never knew she had.
- I adored Tiffany Sly. Davis did an incredible job giving her an authentic and believable voice.
- Explores religion, faith, and tradition, and how the three can have such an influence on a family and h
Keyona
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even though I've taken a slight break from all things YA,I picked this up anyway because the cover is gorgeous. I enjoyed this book so much. I love that it captured the teen voice so well. I think what separates this book from other YA Contemporary is that it wasn't just teen angst and romance and a bunch of other nonsense my 31 year-old self could care less about. This dealt with grief, mental illness, sexuality, religion and more. I was very impressed. These themes were also put in well and no ...more
Catherine
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I’m so conflicted about this – on one hand, I thought it was okay, maybe even good at some points, but on the other, there were some problematic bits that tainted my overall impression.

Tiffany Sly is a 16-year-old girl living in Chicago whose mother has just passed away from cancer. After her mother’s death, she moves to California to live with the man she believes to be her father, Anthony Stone, along with his wife, Margaret, and four other daughters: London, Naveah, Heaven, and Pumpkin. Befor
A Lib Tech Reads
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed

Dana L. Davis
Rating: 3.5/5
Note: Special thanks to Harper Collins for providing a copy for review.

There is so much more to this book than what the summary describes. There's a certain level of complexity here surrounding the characters' relationships, the plot, and dialogue that is rare in YA contemporaries.

This book incorporates OCD, anxiety issues, PTSD, autism, and psychosomatic induced alopecia into the storyline. At first, it feels like the author was trying a littl
Shane
I really loved this story! Tiffany Sly Lives Here is full of humor, sad and relatable moments, a complex family situation, and interesting neighbors one might call crazy but I found it all refreshingly different. A wonderful novel from a great storyteller.

Tiffany has recently lost her mother to cancer and is preparing to leave her grandmother, best friend, and all that is familiar and safe behind to move in with a father she knows nothing about. But before leaving Chicago, another man comes for
Karen
I feel like lately every book I finish I say "maaaaaaaybe 3.5 stars?" in the review but... like.... probably 3.5?? This was a very mixed bag. Absolutely worth it for the gems, though.
USOM
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What stood out to me most in Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now were the characters/family dynamic and the themes. Both of these were sort of dark horse elements for me. I was expecting to fall in love with the plot. While it was still very interesting - I ultimately stayed for the themes and characters.

Tiffany instantly drew me in. She was polite, terrified, and intelligent. At the same time she was sassy, nuanced, and incredibly intelligent. Tiffany has severe anxiety and OCD. (She also has alopecia).
Katya de Becerra
What an emotional roller-coaster this book was! Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now is the very definition of unputdownable: I inhaled it over the course of a few days and am now experiencing an extreme book hungover!

If you're after a clever, uniquely-voiced contemporary, Tiffany Sly is for you. The protagonist, Tiffany, will make you smile, laugh out-loud, fight alongside her against the injustices of the world and grieve with her. At its heart, this amazing debut is a story of a young woman coming int
Sahitya
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
I’m going through lots of feelings right now... I love Tiffany as a character. She is awesome and so relatable. But I’m also sooo angry for her. She’s definitely a much better person... Good for u gal...

Ok now I’m just rambling... I need to think some more before I write something tat makes sense 😊
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
4.5 STARS

After her mother dies, Tiffany Sly panics flying to LA to meet the father she’s never met. Greeted by a white stepmother, four stepsisters she never knew existed and a list of extreme rules, Tiffany hopes the other guy who claims to be her biological father is the one who got her mom pregnant and never looked back.

TIFFANY SLY LIVES HERE NOW, Dana L Davis’s debut novel is the second of hers I’ve read. Davis has her pulse on family function and dysfunction with stories that could happen
Wendi Lee
Tiffany meets her father for the first time after moving to California to be with him and his family. Her mother has just passed away, and instead of empathy, her father is full of rules. Most of the time he isn’t even physically there, leaving her to navigate her new life alone.

I thought this novel about loss and grief, identity, religion, and the difficulty of being true to yourself, to be beautifully unflinching. I got Tiffany Sly, deep down in my gut, and once I started reading, I was reluc
TIffany Mack
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally I've finished yet another book about a young girl who loses someone close to her and now she's suddenly entered into a life of the unknown. Tiffany meets people in a whole new world in which she's not accustomed too. How will she adapt to these new people, new lifestyle and new world she's been thrown into without her consent.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Like Sisters on the Homefront
  • Jackpot
  • With the Fire on High

Articles featuring this book

Caroline Tung Richmond is an award-winning YA author and the program director of We Need Diverse Books. Run by authors, librarians,...
“Never trust a person who's always smiling," Mom used to say when I was small.
"How come?" I'd reply in confusion.
"Because, Tiffany," Mom said seriously. "Smiling is the easiest way to lie. And nobody, not even Jesus Christ himself, was always walking around happy and smiling.”
1 likes