Start by marking “A Risk Worth Taking (Legionnaires #3)” as Want to Read:
A Risk Worth Taking (Legionnaires #3)

A Risk Worth Taking

(The Legionnaires #3)

He can’t outrun himself…

Mass Market Paperback, 393 pages
Published May 29th 2018 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about A Risk Worth Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Risk Worth Taking

DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

A massive Christmas tree circled up to the dome, so laden with ornaments she could almost hear it groan.

I’m immune to you. I’ve developed antibodies against the virus that is James Armstrong.

I look forward to never seeing you again.

Jamie, if we’re going to judge on stereotypes you’d be grumpy and pasty and miserly and I’d be a kid with a bloated stomach and flies in my eyes.

That had gone so far beyond her expectations she couldn’t recall what she’d expected.

My Review
Elaine
This is an action packed, fast paced and intriguing romantic suspense. It is the third and concluding book in The Legionnaires series but I have to say that it worked well as a standalone as I hadn’t read the earlier books in the series.

Samira Desta is a skilled computer security expert, developing systems to thwart hackers and others determined to infiltrate networks and an expert hacker and app developer. She has been in hiding for a year because her fiancé, Latif, discovered a presidential ca
Valerie
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I really enjoyed the first book in this series. And, while this book stands alone, I think it's easier to find the flow of this novel if you've read the previous books. I did miss book 2 and 2.5 so that may explain part of why I just didn't get into this as much as I wanted to.

It's a good story with strong characters. From the first page, things are moving and in flux. Samira is in hiding. Someone wants her dead and the information she can access destroyed. She's been hiding for a year and uses
Michele
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

A mile-a-minute thrill ride that had my heart pounding as well as breaking for our lovebirds, A Risk Worth Taking was romantic suspense done absolutely, wonderfully right.

From the very first book I read by Brynn Kelly (Deception Island) I was hooked on her style of writing. Gritty, emotional, exciting and full of vivid details, she brings each story and her memorable cast of characters to life on the pages. Now you can read each b
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by NetGalley
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Kelly is a new to me author not having read the previous books in the Legionnaires series since I didn’t know A Risk Worth Taking was part of one. As I got into the book I realized there was a lot of background information I was missing. While some of it was slipped in during the telling there was a lot that wasn’t which made it a more difficult read.

The story is a romantic suspense and starts out in Tuscany where
Kari
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, for-review, kindle

A Risk Worth Taking is definitely a book worth reading. It's a fast paced adventure that will suck you right in and hours will pass before you come up for air. The story involves Samira, a techie who is on the run because she is a witness in a conspiracy. When she gets a mysterious note telling her there is tangible evidence to help her come out of hiding, she finds it's not safe enough. Jamie comes to the rescue and will do anything to help her.

I did ultimately enjoy the story. I liked
Sue
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, romance
I wasn't aware until after I finished A Risk Worth Taking that it was the third book in a series. You can read it as a stand-alone with no problem but I enjoyed it so much that I plan on ordering the earlier books in the series.

The action in this novel starts on the first page and stays at a high level until the end. I must admit that I was tense throughout the entire book and couldn't it down until the end. Thanks to the publisher for this wonderful book that caused me to miss lots of sleep.

Sam
Sarah  (sarahandherbookshelves)
*Arc received for a honest review*

I really liked this one! I haven't really read any romantic suspense before so I was not really sure what to expect. A Risk Worth Taking is also a third book in this series so I was worried I might be confused by some things. I do think you can read this a standalone novel but I think you might benefit from reading the previous books as it seems to be a overarching story. But it is definitely not necessary.

I really liked Samira and Jamie and they were probably
Book Him Danno
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

Brynn Kelly is able to make characters who are in a fictional over the top world and make them feel real. They deal with real life issues that weighed down a persons mind and soul.

A Risk Worth Taking is a fast pace story that is able to focus on characters development while they are running from bullets.

This story can be read as a stand alone novel but it won't pack as much of a punch. Readers are in a wild ride that is worth of sleepless night.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishe
Maria Christine
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trust Brynn Kelly to make a full novel out of events spanning a couple of days. Of course, as expected the details in this book are precise.

This book is intense. Let me correct that, James Armstrong is intense. I mean his character leaps off the pages. You can feel his struggle and you can actually connect with his various personalities.

I'm not really feeling Samira even if I have a thing for female tech-geeks.
Danielle Thompson
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whew! I’ll admit this book had a sort of slow start for me, although it was still interesting. However, as I got further along in the story line I couldn’t put it down and ended up finishing it in one day!

A Risk Worth Taking quickly became a riveting page turner that kept me on edge. Filled with drama and action until the very end, we see just how far you have to go to expose the truth.

I love how well written this book is! The conversation flows seamlessly and the more sensual scenes were just
Nikki
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book I have read in a romance suspense and it didn’t disappoint! I loved the fast pace of it and the characters were awesome. I loved how the author packs a punch with them and keeps you on the edge!

I was given this as an ARC by the publisher and netgally for an honest review!
Janet Robel
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Legionnaires series. I was so pleased to see that Samira takes center stage in here. This plot is a page-turner with a sexy hero. I've read them all so far and look forward to reading more by this fabulous author.
Tracey
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Brynn Kelly does it again with this third installment of the Legionnaires series.

The main characters are complex and interesting with back stories that contribute to the drama of the story. The action never stops and there are no dull moments.

I would suggest reading these novels in order as the drama that starts in installment 1 (Deception Island), continues in Legionnaires 2 (Edge of Truth) eventually comes to a tidy conclusion in A Risk Worth Taking.

You won't be disappointed with this book.
Heather
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour
Hacker Samira Desta has been in hiding for the last year after her fiancé was killed in a drone attack, just as he was about to blow the lid off of the domestic cause behind a terror attack in LA. Only in contact with a few close friends via post cards and a few scant texts, she lives in a world of paranoia, isolation, and fear that keeps her moving from hideout to hideout, never staying in one place for too long since she thinks she will be taken out next. When her friend sends word that she mu ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3,5 / 5 stars

A Risk Worth Taking was jam packed with actions, twists, turns and guns. I have to admit at first it took me a while to get into the story, it was very descriptive and all about the action line, but as soon as things got real and Jamie appeared, it got way more interesting, and soon I was immersed in the story and dying to know the truth about everything.

Jamie and Samira already had a past; they had met once before and shared a night together that both of them never forgot,
Sara Strand
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Legionnaires series and normally I read books that are stand alone, but this one doesn't feel real stand alone. I felt out of place for the first third of the book because Jamie and Samira kept referring to time in France and I had no idea what had happened, so I've wondered if I would have liked them as a couple more had I had that back story. Probably not crucial but for a good chunk of the book I felt like I was missing part of the story, even the entire reason S ...more
Olivia Farr
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-reviews
"A Risk Worth Taking" was an intriguing romantic suspense that had me captivated from beginning to end. It feels like it is begging to be made into a movie! Although it's the third in a series, I started it without knowing that, and I absolutely did not feel like I was missing anything. Samira is a technology expert who has been on the run for a few years- ever since her fiance, Latif, turned whistle-blower. Unfortunately, his decisions led to his wrongful death, and Samira knows she will be nex ...more
Deanna
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Right from the start, A Risk Worth Taking stands out as an action-packed thrill ride with complex characterization and many exciting twists and turns. Readers are immediately drawn into skilled computer security expert Samira Desta’s dangerous and desperate plight to bring down a corrupt politician with eyes on a bid for the American presidency. A Senator with far-reaching ties and a man who will stop at nothing to protect his secrets and put an end to his detractors.

After the death—and suspecte
Beverly Turner
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you take Samira Desta, a young woman determined to finish the mission of her deceased whistle-blower fiance and add the dash and quick thinking of Jamie Armstrong, a Scot and member of the Foreign Legion assigned to protect her and the mission outcome, what do you get? A novel of unrelenting suspense. And as the two flee the grasp of Senator Tristan Hyland and his thugs bent on stopping Samira, they learn opposites do attract. They acknowledge the attraction yet refuse to see the possibilit ...more
Fly Girl Wickedcoolflight blogger
If you'd like to check out the full review, see it here:https://wickedcoolflight.net/2018/05/...

OK, I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one. This one had me hooked from the first page. The action is nonstop.

I’m not going to rehash the blurb, you can read that above. But I will tell you one thing, this is not your typical military story, it isn’t the U.S. military. She writes about the French “Foreign” Legion as we call them here in the U.S. She gives a little bit of the mission of the Legion
Gigi staub
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, arc-netgalley
He can’t outrun himself…

Legionnaire Jamie Armstrong lives in the shadows. A medic haunted by his mistakes, he knows better than to hope for redemption. But his latest mission brings a threat he doesn’t see coming—an attraction as irresistible as it is dangerous. Hacker Samira Desta is a woman he swore to forget, but as a key witness to a deadly conspiracy, Samira is his to protect.

But the woman he rescues might be the one who saves him

After a year in hiding, Samira’s worst fears come true when h
Jessica Kimbel
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Risk Worth Taking is not my normal genre to read, but I'm glad I expanded my horizons with this romantic thriller. It is not just the story of a damsel in distress, who is rescued by her prince that she previously sent away after one night. That damsel, Samira, a technology genuis, is being chased by the future President's henchmen because she has information that could destroy him. Her prince, Jamie, a surgeon turned solider, has a secret past, slowly revealed to her as they travel through Lo ...more
Susan Gromis
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this book is the third in a series, it reads well as a stand-alone, giving the reader enough background to accurately know the characters. The story is well-written enough to encourage me to read the first and second novels in the Legionnaires Series.
Samira is a hacker of renown, who, with a team of former employees of a corrupt company whose head is now a US presidential candidate suspected of masterminding a terrorist attack on US soil, has uncovered information that can bring the candid
Ashley Dawn
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one. I read the book before it in the series (I didn't realize this is the 3rd book so somehow I missed book 1). Either way, it did help knowing the characters from the previous book and some of their backgrounds but it wasn't a necessity. Samira has been in hiding since the previous book ended. She is a hacker and is determined to take down the man they've been trying to thwart.

Her location is found and just when it looks like she is going to be captured, help arrives in the form o
Melanie
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
What an intense and gripping novel! I do not usually read within the suspense genre but I was hooked from page one and was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book! This novel is jam packed with action including stealthy getaways, vigorous attacks, and steamy encounters. Just when I was caught up in a calm, somewhat peaceful, scene, I was quickly pulled into feeling the now familiar feeling of energy, drive, and turmoil. Definitely a fast-read, mostly because you don’t want to put it do ...more
Kerry Croucier
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wild ride from start to finish, the whole premise was also quite scary. Could it actually happen? Samira was a strong character who didn’t realize her strengths, especially after she was thrown into a situation not of her making. I loved how smart she was. Jaime was a perfect complement to her, helping her get out of some situations, while her strength got him out of others. This is part of a series, which I didn’t realize initially, but it didn’t hinder my enjoyment in any way, it just made m ...more
Mellena
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Risk Worth Taking is the first book by Brynn Kelly I have read. Now I will be searching for more of her books! This book was so full of suspense and intrigue. It was difficult to put down. I have not enjoyed a story in so long. Jamie was such a real character with real problems and some serious baggage. Samira is a seriously strong woman even when she feels she is weak. She doesn't know her own strength. These two do not have the easiest romance and it is a nice slow burn which I loved.

The am
Bambi Rathman
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a ready, set, GO! from the first page! It is a fast paced, action adventure packed, romantic suspense, with a twist at the end I wasn't expecting. I love the characters and the vulnerability they had but yet were able to pull their resources and skills together. I was on pins and needles with all the predicaments the characters found themselves in. This author has such a great gift in bringing the reader right into the story and running with the characters. I wanted to keep reading ...more
Megan
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite of the series? I absolutely LOVE Samira and I am so glad she gets to have a safe and fairly normal life after everything she went through, I was incredibly invested in this story. And Jaime 😍 He complements her so well. One thing I love about Brynn Kelly’s heroes is that they are super flawed and have issues without being just angsty and tortured. Jaime has quite a bit to deal with and I think she was spot in that portrayal of why Jaime does what he does and how it all ties ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
As a journalist, Brynn Kelly once spent her days chasing stranger-than-fiction news reports. Now she spends them writing larger-than-life novels, in a happy bubble of fiendish plots and delicious words.

She's a RITA® winner and an RT Book Reviews Reviewer's Choice Awards nominee.

She has a journalism degree, and has won several other prestigious writing and journalism awards, including the Valerie

The Legionnaires (3 books)
  • Deception Island (The Legionnaires #1)
  • Edge of Truth (The Legionnaires #2)