Start by marking “Dead Girl Running (Cape Charade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Girl Running (Cape Charade, #1)

Dead Girl Running

(Cape Charade #1)

I have three confessions to make:
1. I've got the scar of gunshot on my forehead.
2. I don't remember an entire year of my life.
3. My name is Kellen Adams...and that's half a lie.

Girl running...from a year she can't remember, from a husband she prays is dead, from homelessness and fear. Tough, capable Kellen Adams takes a job as assistant manager of a remote vacation resort
Published April 24th 2018 by Hqn

Julie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd is a 2018 St. Martin’s Press publication.

Whoa! This was one wild ride!

Kellen is living a lie- or at least partially. An entire year of her life is missing- gone- no memory of it whatsoever. But, she does remember her ex-husband, and the horrific abuse she suffered at his hands. She escaped him, at a very high cost, but, she went on to become an Army officer, and is now running a resort on the coast of Washington. However, when the owners turn everything over
Maureen Carden
I needed a drink, several drinks after NetGalley initially denied my request for Dead Girl Running. But after some judicious begging I was delighted to receive Dead Girl Running (DGR) from NetGalley and even more so when I finished it.
The story has several threads running through, all of them centered on former army officer Kellen Adams. Kellen has taken a job at the luxury resort, Yearning Sands, as assistant manager.
When Annie and Leo Di Luca, from the Bella Terra series, and owners of Yearn
Kat Valentine
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great thriller from the amazing Christina dodd ! Dead Girl running is a great suspense read with awesome characters and a great plot line. It's main character kellen is so interesting and the way her mind works is cool as hell ! Their is a lot going on in this book and we don't know til almost the very end who's behind the killing,but as usually dodd is a master of anticipation,and I love it!! Even after all these years dodd still knows how to get your attention and keep you interested.💖 ...more
Alp
THAT. ENDING.

THAT ENDING!!!

I didn’t see it coming!

OMG! Where is the next book? I need it right now!

Wait, what?

It will be out next year. Next year! Seriously?

OK, take a deep breath…

…..

Well, about this book... I can tell you that it had me from the opening lines of its blurb.

I have three confessions to make:
1. I've got the scar of gunshot on my forehead.
2. I don't remember an entire year of my life.
3. My name is Kellen Adams...and that's half a lie.

Yes, my curiosity was piqued instantly and I wa
ABookwormWithWine
⭐⭐⭐⭐💫 / 5 rounded up!

You guys, I LOVED Dead Girl Running by Christina Dodd! This is an action-packed, ominous book and it deserves to be read!

Dead Girl Running focuses on a woman named Kellen Adams and a remote resort in Washington state called Yearning Sands Resort. Soon after Kellan takes a job as assistant resort manager at Yearning Sands, a dead body is found on the property while the owners of the resort are gone leaving Kellen completely in charge. But little does everyone know, Kellen is
Jessica
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from the publisher (Harlequin) as part of their bookstagram publicity campaign.

I give this book 3.5 stars which rounds up to 4.

I always have a hard time with rating thrillers. I’m pickier with them than with other genres, and I usually end up rating them somewhere in the middle which is exactly what happened with this book (hence my 3.5 stars).

I loved how the book started off. The opening chapter was really good and helped set up the overall plot line well.

The su
Kendall
This was my first experience from Christina Dodd. I'm not usually a fan of romance and I felt that this would have been a stronger book if some of the romance was taken out.

It was an enjoyable read for the most part but I felt like there were some aspects that were very unrealistic to me. The way that some of the information was presented in the book was a tad bit like reading cliff notes or like a police report. Ehh. this was a tad annoying to me.

There also was a TON of information presented i
Caz
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've given this a D+ at AAR, so that's 2.5 stars.

I enjoy a good mystery or romantic suspense novel and have been lucky enough to find some fantastically good authors in the genre who are now on my ‘must read’ list.  I’m always on the look-out for the next addition, so I eagerly picked up Christina Dodd’s Dead Girl Running, the first book in her new Cape Charade series, hoping for an intense, exciting and complex read – aaaaaand, well, let’s just say I don’t think I’ll be adding Ms. Dodd to tha
Cheri
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is my first CD book. Anita recommended it to me and I loved it! The story does go back and forth from one part of the h's life to another, but with good reason. I never guessed who the main villain was nor did I expect the big reveal at the end. Leaving us with a cliffhanger and anxious to read the next in this series.
BleuBelle
I'm in a reading slump right now. This one was another fail for me. DNF Chapter 15.

Spoilers ahead:

I already didn't care for the prologue. And that's a bad sign.

I did no like Kellen. She, the former Cecilia, was responsible for the death of her. Only because she didn’t want to tell her about her real abuse, about how her husband killed her unborn baby and nearly herself. How he would never let her go.
And then she leaves Kellen to deal with such a dangerous man. And then her husband kills Kellen.
Chris
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m so disappointed! I had my high hopes up that this was going to be a great book,but it fell short in so many ways. It was confusing. The characters sucked. They were just so uninteresting! And the names...The Shivering Sherlocks?? Temo? Destiny? Nils Brooks? Carsen Lennox? Waddington Lykke? Vince Gilfilen? Axel Rasmussen? The name of the resort was Yearning Sands in Cape Charade. Yearning Sands???? I would NEVER book a vacation at a place called Yearning Sands!

There was way too much going on
Tammy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2018
Very compelling with lots of mystery going on.
Kellen is running from a year she can't remember + from a husband she prays is dead. She moves to hide away and starts a new job as an asst. manager of a vacation resort on the North Pacific Coast. While trying to stay hidden she discovers a woman's mutilated body and she then begins investigating first one murder and then another.
Enjoyable, I’m looking forward to the 2nd in this new series! 4 ☆
Anita
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

I have read a lot of Christina Dodd's books, she is an auto read for me and I love her stuff. This is a spin-off of the Bella Terra and Virtue Falls series, sort of. She is one of those authors that I don't read the blurb. I wanted to be surprised as I read the book and I was absolutely blown away by this book.

Unique, inventive, captivating - this plot is all that and part Goth
Alissa
Jun 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebooks
The story had some promising leads but soon it unraveled into a shambles. The narrative style didn't click with me because I'm not a fan of forced dialogues as a device to feed information and the author laid it thick throughout, conspicuously producing a tale that never moves on its own. Even when not providing background or explaining characters’ traits (because this book is a clear-cut example of all telling and no showing) the dialogues were awkward and unrealistic. Add to the mix many two-d ...more
Zoe
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perilous, twisty, and sophisticated!

Dead Girl Running is the first novel in a new series by Dodd that introduces us to Kellen Adams, a skilled, determined young woman with a past rife with secrets, violence, and memory loss and a present filled with stolen artifacts, ruthless smugglers, and dead bodies.

The writing style is intricate and intense. The characters, including the hardworking, scarred heroine are multi-layered and mysterious. And the plot, including all the subplots, unravel and inter
Robin Loves Reading
Dead Girl Running is the first book in the Cape Charade series. As the blurb shows, there are three confessions that Kellen Adams makes, she has a gunshot scar, lost memory to a year and her life, and that only part of her name is the truth. These are critical facts and help to set up the story that continues after the prequel, Hard to Kill.

The title is apropos as Kellen is indeed running, she is running from a brutally abusive husband that vowed to kill her. She was in the service, homeless
Chris Conley
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christina Dodd did it again. Created a woman character who is complex, smart, strong, weak, amazing. Kellen’s story has just begun and, wow!, what a beginning!!
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Wow! I love Ms. Dodd's books. I loved the characters in this book (actually I like the characters in most of Ms. Dodd's books). She creates unique and authentic characters and seldom relies on stereotypes.

The plot was really good and I had a hard time putting it down to go to sleep. Will definitely be continuing this series.
Gerry Bartlett
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I've always been a Christina Dodd fan and loved the Virtue Falls series. Now we are at another resort on the gloomy Pacific Coast. Kellen has a wound on her forehead and is missing a year of her life. We also know an employee of the resort witnessed smuggling in the cove and finds a severed hand. Chilling. When she goes missing, we hope she managed to get away. Kellen arrives at the resort to train as the new manager. She has a military background but is not who she seems. There are a lot of que ...more
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Thriller
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Dead Girl Running is the first installment in author Christina Dodd's Cape Charade series. Former Army Captain Kellen Adams has taken a job working as an assistant manager at a resort called Yearning Sands. Kellen is someone who is basically a computer on two legs. She can remember every thing about a person after meeting them. She can remember the location, schedule, and qualifications of every employee at the resort. What she can't remember
Bea  Charmed
Tellulah Darling
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid thriller with some really enjoyable twists and an ending that I didn't see coming. An engrossing, fast-paced, page turner of a read.

Thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for the opportunity to review this title.
Lisa Morrow
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I subscribed to "My Book Box," a monthly subscription which sends me two books a month. I received "Dead Girl Running" this month. I might not have read it, otherwise. This was a superb thriller, which kept me biting my nails! The book wraps up with a poignant ending. GREAT READ!
Ashley Gallegos
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe how much I love this series!!!! I actually read book 2 before this one but it’s still been an exciting journey and I can’t recommend these books enough! I can’t wait for the next one to come out!
Michelle
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was pretty amazing. Quite a few different ideas and plots which made it a bit more original than most. I love the underlying theme which to me seems to be that there still are good people in this world who will help others.
Steena Holmes
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately drawn into Dead Girl Running and enjoyed every page from start to finish.
The cover and the blurb are fabulous!
Since I'm a travelholic, the way the hotel and location were described had me wishing to visit that resort even if a dead body was found on the beach.
The characters were believable and leaves me hoping that this will be a series so I can get to know more about them. I'm also wanting now to go back and read her other series because I noticed the connections to her other
Karyn Niedert
Will publish review closer to publication date, but want to encourage readers to enjoy previous books by Christina Dodd prior to latching onto this one. This "ties in" loosely with her Virtue Falls books. I think "Dead Girl Running" works as a standalone novel, but then again I have read the previously mentioned series.

For those who HAVE read previous Christina Dodd books, dive into "Dead Girl Running" and enjoy. Excellent book!
Kate ☀️ Olson
Thanks to the publisher for this review copy!

I was invested enough in this story to overlook SO many things that just made me shake my head in wonder......it was campy and a little ridiculous but I read the whole thing and don’t figure out the “who done it” before it was revealed. Not sure why it is marketed as romantic suspense though?? Virtually no real romance!
Carolyn
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dodd-christina
Goodness! There was a LOT going on here; however, it was excellent. I never saw the big reveal coming! Great beginning to a new series. Looking forward to the next book.
Linda Howard Book...: August '18 non-LH BOTM - Dead Girl Running 8 14 Aug 21, 2018 11:54AM

• Deeper Than the Grave (Tai Randolph Mysteries #4)
  • Bitter Crossing (Peyton Cote #1)
  • Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)
  • Desperate and Deceptive: The Guinevere Jones Collection Volume 1
  • Things Fall Apart (Supervolcano, #3)
  • High Country Nocturne
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
  • The Sinners (Quinn Colson, #8)
  • Ice Hunter (Woods Cop, #1)
  • The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)
  • Hush Money: A Mystery (Jack MacTaggart #1)
  • Shiver Hitch (Jane Bunker Mystery #3)
  • Black Diamond (Wilds of the Bayou, #2)
  • Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland, #2)
  • One Cut Deeper (A Killer Need, #1)
  • The Other Lady Vanishes (Burning Cove, #2)
  • Lost Under a Ladder (Superstition Mystery, #1)
  • Valhalla (Lexy Vaughan & Steven Macaulay #1)
Upcoming 2019:
— STRANGERS SHE KNOWS: Cape Charade Full Length Suspense #3 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
— HIDDEN TRUTHS: Cape Charade novella https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

New and now!
— WHAT DOESN’T KILL HER (had better start running): Cape Charade Full-length Suspense #2 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Readers become writers, and Christina has always been a reader. U

Cape Charade (3 books)
  • What Doesn't Kill Her (Cape Charade, #2)
  • Strangers She Knows (Cape Charade, #3)