Start by marking “One Small Thing” as Want to Read:

One Small Thing

Beth’s life hasn’t been the same since her sister died. Her parents try to lock her down, believing they can keep her safe by monitoring her every move. When Beth sneaks out to a party one night and meets the new guy in town, Chase, she’s thrilled to make a secret friend. It seems a small thing, just for her.

Only Beth doesn’t know how big her secret really is…

Fresh out of
Published June 26th 2018 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about One Small Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Small Thing

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“What’s your small thing for today?”
“You."

Here are three small things about One Small Thing:
1) It was a guilty pleasure.
2) It was pretty cute (at times)
3) It was pretty bland (at times)

description

Please note that this review is purely my own opinion, and I do not want nor intend for anyone to be swayed into not reading this book. If you want to give it a chance - it might turn out beautiful for you.
_________

The Plot
Whenever I have read 'Erin Watt' in the past, I always find myself coming to the sa
Katerina
Not Erin Watt’s best work, but still an addictive read!

In their second YA novel, Erin Watt narrates the story of Lizzie Beth, a seventeen year old girl who lost her sister to a car accident three years ago. Beth wants to party, have fun and make stupid decisions during her last school year, but her parents are constantly trying to smother her with their unreasonable rules and extreme reactions. In a desperate act of rebellion, Beth ends up in a party full of strangers and meets the most gorgeous
Berit☀️✨
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
4 Small Thing Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

The message of this book was perfect... find that one small thing every day that makes you happy.... if we all could prescribe to this school of thought, the world would be a happier place... and this book was the one small thing in my life today that put a smile on my face... this was a book filled with so much angst, heartbreak, frustration, but in the end hope!

It is Beth’s senior year and she wants to make the most of it, but this is not easy with her extremely over pr
Chelsea Humphrey
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this writing duo is on to something... I know a majority of their following is really into their darker, more erotic romance (I haven't read the royals series yet), but there's something REALLY special about their standalone contemporary romances. They definitely feel YA (as they should), but not in a cheesy, obnoxious way. This is my second standalone romance from them and both have tackled some deep, thought provoking themes. Highly recommended for readers wanting a nice balance of dar ...more
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
“You waiting for me is the ONE SMALL THING that will keep me going.”

This is hard. Hard to write. Hard to review. Why? Because I loved this book and I disliked this book.

First things first, this book teaches you many things, most importantly to follow your heart no matter what any one says. It’s hard to be pushed down, talked down to, but in the end, stay true to you and follow your own path. This book is emotional, it’s sad, it’s raw, and it definitely touches your soul.

I don’t want to say mu
Christy
4 stars!!

photo IMG_1608_zpsl4eklodx.jpg

Every time a new Erin Watt book comes out, I get super excited to read. I love this dynamic writing duo and how flawlessly their words flow together. This story was different than any of their other books. It still had that angst factor, but it was also emotional, forbidden, and great story about true forgiveness and second chances.

Beth Jones is getting ready to go in to her senior year of high school, but she doesn’t have the life of a typical 17 year old. Ever since her older siste
Melanie (mells_view)
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth has been heavily sheltered by her parents since her older sister died three years ago. She sneaks out to a party the weekend before senior year starts to have a night just for her. To rebel just a little. That’s when she meets Chase. Chase is her little secret, but he has a not so secret, secret of his own. Once she finds out Beth knows she should hate Chase, but she doesn’t. She honestly shouldn’t want anything to do with him, but she does. How do you fall in love with someone you shouldn’ ...more
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Authors}

”No cage is forever, Beth. I tried to find one small thing that I could be grateful for each day, like the extra ten minutes of free time outside or a work release picking up trash or ice cream for dessert. That’s how I kept my sanity—I focused on one good thing instead of all the fucked-up stuff.”

YA is not my go-to genre but when it’s a book written by the dynamic writing duo, Erin Watt, there is no way that I’m not going to make time fo
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

One Small Thing is a very clear case of just not for me. Because I know that the majority of people that read this book are going to fall in love, they're going to adore these characters, cry with and for these characters, and be captivated by their story. But for me that wasn't the case. And for my own reasons.

The main one being, the secondary characters frustrated the ever loving hell out of me. I've said it before and I will probably say it a million times more,
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Forbidden Stars!
(ARC provided by Harlequin Teen)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Beth Jones should be having the time of her life. She is a 17 yr. old girl about to start her senior year at Darling High. Instead she feels like she can't breathe. She has no life since her sister Rachel passed away three years ago. Everything drastically changed in her household because her parents are obsessed with keeping the only child they have left safe. They are overprotective to the extreme, and everything is decided for her. They monit
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Something the author duo that is Erin Watt is doing very well is write addictive, angsty stories that keep you invested even if you want to scream in frustration. In One Small Thing it wasn't any different. I wanted to slap the whole cast of secondary characters - all of them without exception did awful things and behaved like lunatics.

I saw a lot of readers complain about Beth's childish behavior and yet she was actually the only one behaving like a seventeen year old. She rebelled against her

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review won't be an easy one to write. One Small Thing was emotional, raw, and it evoked quite a few volatile outbursts out of me. I was entirely engrossed in this YA novel that awoke feelings in me that I haven't experienced in a long time. lI felt like my teenage self again, misunderstood, belittled, helpless, and frustrated. I have never felt this kind of emotions while reading a book. It was like I stepped into a time machine. Back to my teenage years, except I had it so much better than ...more
Jodi Bibliophile ♥
Erin Watt writes a thousand page review on thrush cream and I'll read it.

Heck, I'd read her grocery list.

I'd give my right flap for this book.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Beth's sister has been killed three years ago. A car ran her over - the driver didn't see her.
Charlie Donnelly. 16 years old at the time, he was sent to juvie for three years. And now, in Beth's last year of school, he's back.

And he's going to her school.

Which she didn't know when she had a rebelling-against-her-mega-overstrict-parents one-night stand with him at a party last weekend!

Everyone at school and in town hates him. Especially her parents. She should too, right?

But she doesn't - she fee
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/One-Small-Thin...

❤3,5-4 stars❤

Erin Watt delivers a raw,emotional,intense and sweet story.I feel like it was a long time since I read a book from this author, I was super excited about One Small Thing I really enjoy it!

description

One of the best things in this story is Chase.He intrigued me and I wanted to know more about him.Beth was an ok character in my opinion.I can't say I loved her from the beginning.I didn't like her behavior in some parts, but while I continue read
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a giant dumpster fire of a book.

The more I think about this, the more problematic it becomes. I’m still not sure the relationship would actually make it in real life. I mean, come on, who falls in love with their sister’s killer??? That’s next level craziness.

All the characters in this entire story I hated. They bully their friends and are hypocrites. I get that it was a small town but everyone was so angry over Chase going to school there. What he did to Rachel happened 3 years ago,
Candace Robinson
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Erin Watt has such entertaining books. This one was the deepest and possibly my favorite. A guy accidentally killed a girl's sister and three years later she falls in love with him. How could that ever work out?

I loved Beth, really loved her. The way she grieved felt real because it was basically the way I have grieved over deaths. Just because one isn't a huge crier doesn't mean they are affected any less inside their heads.

Chase, Chase, Chase. I wanted to shake him ... a lot! What happened was
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Statement: I love Erin Watt's The Royals series and When it's Real.
I love Jen Frederick's work as well as Elle Kennedy's series.

When I spotted the ARC of One Small Thing I sent a request and crossed my fingers. Real tight. It was painful and unpractical.

When I got it I squealed! So hard the neigbors believed some cats were fighting. Nope. That was me!

I dove right in but sadly this book was not for me.

I think one part of my disappointment is due to the ARC format with small inconsistencies
Nina
A very enjoyable read but in my opinion, it couldn't keep up with "When It's Real" or the "The Royals" series. Nevertheless, I liked it and highly recommend you check it out if you enjoyed their other books!

instagram || my blog || twitter
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you Harlequin Teen for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

DNF @ 41%

I tried guys but this book isn't for me. One Small Thing is one of my highly anticipated books this year and sadly it turned out to be a disappointment. I rarely put a book in a DNF pile and as much as I hated a book, I'll finish it no matter what. However, all the characters in this book pissed me off and I ran out of patience.

The story centers on death and grief. It's about seventeen year old Beth Jones wh
Dee Montoya
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, married-couple
4 Stars****

YA and angsty, just how I like it!!!! I seriously can’t enough of Erin Watt. Once again this dynamic duo bring us a beautiful story that is a total page turner!

photo AE56AFFB-5F8E-4138-A3BB-1DB4812450CC_zpsynutkcdw.jpg

Elizabeth is finally a senior in High school, she and her family have had a really devastating few years, and “Beth” AKA Lizzy is ready to finish school so she can go away to college and start living her life away from her overbearing parents.

After one particularly bad fight with her parents, Beth decides she wants to rebel
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Let me tell you about the conflicting emotions Erin Watt had me feeling in just the first 20% of this book. It all happened so fast. I felt instantly giddy as I found myself in the complicated world of high school senior, Elizabeth Jones. I love a good high school romance and this one had me AMPED right away. The angst, the drama, the insecurities and the unsettled feelings of teenage years, I just love stories that take me to that place. One Small Thing took me there. But combine all that teen ...more
Jemima
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
FOR GOODREADS
ARC
One Small Thing... I have been waiting for this book with bated breath.
Sadly, This one was almost put into the Dnf category for me.. It wasn't even the fact the characters annoyed me.. I just found the whole premise uncomfortable to read.

Now, I will admit something, a lot of people are complaining about how they didn't enjoy the character Beth... trust me... I get what you mean. I understand the frustration of having to read a character that's so annoying that you'd rather get a few brain freez
Susan
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss

Erin Watt

Wow, all I can say is, this story blew me away! Keep the tissues close by as you are reading ONE SMALL THING. The author duo of Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick will have your emotions all over the place. Once I started reading, it was very hard to stop! The twists and turns made it impossible to put down, as I had to know what was going to happen to Beth after so much heartache! What an awesome story. All of the characters feel genuine and relatable and put your emotions o
Zainab Shah
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
It's a good thing I kept reading it because the first half sure as hell doesn't deserve a single star. It's surprising how many stupid decisions the author managed to put into the first half. I mean here's just a few of them;

Stupid decision number one : Beth sneaks out and goes to a party out of town (twice) with completely random strangers because being obedient is so robot-like. The hell?

Stupid decision number two She doesn't give two shits about her best friend especially when she needs he
Jaime Arkin
Meh

I don’t even know what to say. I’m so horribly disappointed because while I absolutely hated The Royals series by these authors, I adored When It’s Real. So I had incredibly high expectations for One Small Thing hoping it would make me feel more like I did when I read When It’s Real.

Unfortunately, it was more along the lines of how I felt reading The Royals books.
Honestly, the only good thing about this book for me was Chase… the guy who killed Beth’s sister so that’s saying a lot I suppose
Taylor
3.75 out of 5 Stars!

Full Disclosure: Erin Watt is an auto-buy author for me. I am absolute trash for this duo. So it should serve as no surprise that when I was approved for an ARC of their newest novel I dropped all of my responsibilities to dive into their newest work.

As with their previous novels, I practically devoured this in one sitting. Unlike the Royals series there are no rage-inducing cliffhangers here, but a nice (somewhat rushed) ending. And unlike When It's Real this was a much hea
Rê

3.5 “Grief and Forbidden Romance” Stars

I went into this knowing almost nothing about it, except for the fact that it was written by Erin Watt. It was almost enough to make me love it. Almost.

Unlike it happened with Paper Princess, I had a really hard time connecting with the main character here. Beth (Lizzie, or whatever the heck is her name) was the complete opposite of Ella from PP, who was strong and mature and didn’t let people walk over her.

Beth, on her turn, got on my nerves with her juven
Escape into a Booksite
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book, and most of the time I couldn't put it down, however the characters did annoy me at times. So let me get that out of the way. Sometimes, Beth was just plain dumb. And yes I know she was going through something horrible, and dealing in her own way, but I questions alot of the decisions she made regarding the parties and such. Also, Jeff, I wanted to smack him upside the head. You'll know why when you read the b
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
A force to be reckoned with in the young adult genre, author Erin Watt takes a step away from the bestselling The Royals series and presents a new teen romance novel. One Small Thing is the tale of young couple who fall in love, but are blocked by past mistakes, grief and parental opposition.

Seventeen year old Beth has been unable to move on from the death of her sister. Her parents are locked in their grief, stifling Beth at any moment they can, in attempt
“There’s always something to live for. Something to be thankful for. Something to look forward to.” 5 likes
“What’s your small thing for today?”
“You.”