Start by marking “Harrow County, Vol. 7: Dark Times A'Coming” as Want to Read:
Harrow County, Vol. 7: Dark Times A'Coming

Harrow County, Vol. 7: Dark Times A'Coming

(Harrow County #7)

Things are heating up in this supernatural fantasy as young heroine Emmy Crawford prepares to face off against old foes in the horror-plagued town of Harrow County

Something evil has returned from the grave and joins forces with Emmy's wicked family for a brewing monster war! Will she be able to protect her home and herself alone, or will Emmy need to gather some allies in
Published April 3rd 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Harrow County, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harrow County, Vol. 7

Paul E. Morph
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! That was one Hell of a volume! Full on witch battles and horrible, horrible things happening to our cast... I loved it.
David Schaafsma
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good. Th intensity ramps up in volume seven, which I assume is the penultimate volume. And as the subtitle says, "Dark Times A' Coming." Maybe I shouldn't say exactly who it is, but in this volume someone . . . related to Emmy returns from the dead to battle her for the soul of Harrow County. The other person brings along her army, and Emmy has her own allies, including a newly emboldened Berenice, her best bud. As Berenice points out, having learned some of Lovey's tricks come in handy! Witc ...more
Chad
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
It all feels like things are coming to a head as forces gather to take out Emmy. Kammi is, of course, resurrected and Emmy and Berenice need to team up to defeat her. There's some heart wrenching moments as not everyone survives. ...And then there's that cliffhanger. Good thing volume 8 is already out so I don't have to wait. Tyler Crook's art really visualizes this story, giving Harrow County a unique look.
Artemy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harrow County has been a consistently solid series throughout its run, but with volume 7 Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook have come up with the best book in the series to date. All the previous storylines come together in a big showdown, characters die, others get hurt, and there’s no turning back for Emmy anymore. I get the feeling that we are moving towards the endgame, and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
Shadowdenizen
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another 4.5 star volume. I know Culleen Bunn writes a million things each month, but I think this is by far his crowning achievement.
Valéria.
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I need more stars to rate this properly...
James DeSantis
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn...talk about death galore. NO one is safe!

Emmy's sister has returned from the dead. What's her mission now? To destroy everything sacred to Emmy. A mass murdering spree begins as she goes after everyone who Emmy loves. Dad? Briance? Even skin boy are all in trouble. Without giving any spoilers this is a action packed fucked up volume.

Good: Everything comes to a head and it's bloody and nasty and worth every moment of character build up. When characters die and you feel the emotion, that m
Crystal Starr Light
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bullet Review:

On one hand, a character returns - and it's always a bit cheesy when you supposedly kill a character in an early volume, just to have that person return later in the series. On the other hand, when that resurrection is good and the story is gripping, well, every rule is meant to be broken, amirite?

I loved (and hated!) what happened to Emmy, Berenice, and the Skin Boy. Lots of drama and gore in this one, and it sets up for a nice new storyline that I am eager to see.
Thomas
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Things are moving quickly in Harrow County. Emmy is struggling to maintain the haints while Beatrice is testing her own powers, all while the Family is moving to usurp Emmy, and Hester Beck's return is imminent. Does it feel like things are coming to a conclusion? If so, that's no surprise; Harrow County is ending with its next arc.

This news was a surprise to me, since I don't follow the titles I read outside of when the next collection is due to be released. It also saddens me, because this ser
Nancy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review (plus V8) can be found on my blog:https://graphicnovelty2.com/2019/03/0...

Kammi is back…as if there was any doubt she wouldn’t be! In this penultimate volume, forces are gathering to destroy Emmy and all of Harrow County. Emmy endures two significant losses but has no time to mourn as Kammi is relentless. Bernice fights right alongside her and the two woman do their best to keep Emmy’s “sister” at bay. We find out why Emmy and Kammi are so important to the witch coven, and who they r
Suvi
That's it, all the available volumes of Harrow County have now been devoured by yours truly. As you've seen from my ratings, I haven't been as excited about the series as I was when I first encountered it. However, apart from one or two missteps (most of these have had something to do with guest artists or unsatisfying plot points), most three star ratings are more like 3.5.

When I said I didn't like the evil twin thing in Vol. 2, I can now sigh from relief, because my wishes have mostly been gra
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, comics
(Read in single issues) I cannot recommend Harrow County highly enough to horror fans, especially if you like folk horror. It somehow manages to be both deeply charming and disturbing at the same time. Harrow is consistently my favorite monthly comics series and it has only gotten better as it nears its conclusion.

Cullen Bunn outdoes himself in this volume as he ties up the mythology and emotional storylines into one impressive wallop of a story with wonderful engaging characters at its heart.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Kayla (onthefritz)
Re-Read April 2019

“How long? Long enough that a hunger for cruel and bloody vengeance had rooted deep in her heart. And while this was the world of the living, not the dead… she would turn Harrow into hell before she was through.”

kammi underground

*****************

so gooooood. Now to decide if I pick up the final single issues, or wait until October for the final trade.

(view spoiler)
Donna
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Emmy and Bernice battle a returned Kammi.

This is the best volume yet of this excellent, creepy, disturbing graphic novel series. There are deaths, and endings, and suffering. There's only one volume left in this story and I'll be sad to part with these characters who, along with some fake/haint townsfolk, have come to matter to me. The artwork in this volume, particularly the covers, is wonderful.
Joe Jones
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You would think by this point the series might have a bit of a let down but this is probably my favorite one yet! Major events in this one as we head to what should be a next great arc. Again this is a pull list must and I read it in single issues.
The Lost Dreamer
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just read these issues to see how the story ends. But I was feeling pretty tired. The foes and conflicts have been pretty repetitive for more than ten issues now, and nothing feel fresh or thrilling at all. A shame
Jessica
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She’s on her way so don’t delay...getting out the next volume. Harrow County isn’t ready for this.
John
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pain is prelude.
Emily
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yikes! The series was already dark, but things just got a lot darker. I love the unpredictability, because I really have no idea how this will end, come the final volume.
Scott Robins
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn, ghost-stuff
Building up to what looks like an amazing conclusion. This is such an underrated series.
Liz
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, horror
I was hoping for more cannibalism and corpses.
And Bunn really delivered.
Chloe
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Jordaline Vulva
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh shit is getting real.
Dakota Morgan
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, HERE is the good stuff. Harrow County finally gets down to business with Emmy and her wicked sister battling to the death. I feel like the last few volumes have all been setup or side plots - thank goodness we're now back in the saddle as Emmy tries to save the soul of Harrow County from her sister and, potentially, from the resurrected Hester. The art in this volume is outstanding, more gorgeous and awful than anything that's come before in this series. It's truly worth ...more
Regina
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was beginning to lose interest in this comic but this issue brought back my interest with the battle between Emmy & Bernice with Emmy's sister, Kammi. Definitely looking forward to the next volume as soon as my library obtains it.
Travis
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty intense volume with some great visual work. I really like the magical battles, especially some of Bernice's tricks like the entangling onion and the nail through the footprint. Something I noticed in this volume that I don't remember before is the incorporation of sound-effects into the picture in the same style as the titles are incorporated into the environment on the first page of each chapter.

Apparently the next volume is the last, and this definitely sets up a climax to th
Joel
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn and holy hell. When you set up twins in your narrative, you know it'll come to a head and all the duality themes will pay off. That's what we have here in Vol. 7. There is a late game hiccup that I did not anticipate. A particular line a character crossed that makes sense given the narrative debts Bunn and Crook have taken out. I await Vol. 8.
Lindsay
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is certainly amping up for something big! The whole volume was very much a family dispute, in the bloodiest of ways.
Elena Williams
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't be fooled by the pretty cover folks, it's all in the title of this book: "Dark Times A'Coming", it's getting ever closer to the end of days.

Ever since the beginning of the first book, it was clear the past never had any intention of staying buried for long in this series. In this arc, one of Emmy's greatest adversaries returns in this volume and she unleashes her cruel vengeance upon Emmy and Harrow, both whom will never be the same again. This book is filled with so much pain and heartbre
  • Mr. Higgins Comes Home
  • The EC Archives: The Vault of Horror,  Vol. 1
  • Providence Act 2
  • The Black Monday Murders, Vol. 2
  • Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love
  • Fatale, Vol. 4: Pray for Rain (Fatale, #4)
  • Afterlife With Archie #7: Thanksgiving
  • Revival, Vol. 5 : Gathering Of Waters
  • Ghosts And Ruins
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Pieces on the Ground (Season 10, Volume 5)
  • Rachel Rising, Volume 7: Dust to Dust
  • Harvey Kurtzman's Marley's Ghost (comiXology Originals)
  • In the Dark: A Horror Anthology
  • Justice League Dark, Volume 5: Paradise Lost
  • Doctor Strange, Vol. 4: Mr. Misery
Cullen grew up in rural North Carolina, but now lives in the St. Louis area with his wife Cindy and his son Jackson. His noir/horror comic (and first collaboration with Brian Hurtt), The Damned, was published in 2007 by Oni Press. The follow-up, The Damned: Prodigal Sons, was released in 2008. In addition to The Sixth Gun, his current projects include Crooked Hills, a middle reader horror prose se ...more

Harrow County (8 books)