Start by marking “Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse” as Want to Read:
Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse

Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse

Parmesan, the racehorse, thinks he's a dog. Instead of training with other horses, he's off with his doggy friends playing doggy games. Will he be ready to run like a racehorse in the Spring Carnival? A humorous light-hearted tale that celebrates the joy of being yourself and running your own race.
Published October 1st 2017 by Little Pink Dog Books

To ask other readers questions about Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse

Start your review of Parmesan, the Reluctant Racehorse
Ruth Garlick
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Parmesan The Reluctant Racehorse, by Jacqui Halpin, is a picture book about a thoroughbred who thinks he’s a dog.
Zany, cheerful, funny, and colourful, this book is engaging and enjoyable.
Karen Tyrrell
Parmesan The Reluctant Racehorse is a galloping good read, full of fun and positive message for kids to discuss.
Lucy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The rib tickling, Parmesan The Reluctant Racehorse, was written by Jacqui Halpin and illustrated by John Phillips.

If only we could all live a life like Parmesan the Reluctant Racehorse, with our quirks tolerated and our desires fulfilled. I love that Parmesan is able to lead a happy 'dog's life'.

Jacqui keeps the reader firmly in the saddle with repetition, rhyme and the delightful imagery of the horse who scratches, digs, licks and fetches ... just like a dog! Jacqui's carefully chosen words are
Kellie Byrnes
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This funny yet meaningful picture book will not only have kids giggling but also make them think. The story deals with themes of friendship, family, and being yourself, and is perfect for animal lovers. The illustrations are just gorgeous, and add additional humour and heart to the book. As someone who adores both horses and dogs, this one really made me laugh and nod my head in understanding at the same time. I think children will want to read it over and over again!
Megan Higginson
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book.
Alison Stegert
Sep 10, 2017
Melanie
marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2020
Jacqui Halpin is a former registered nurse and now tuckshop convenor with a passion for children’s literature. This passion started when reading bedtime stories to her children. They outgrew their childhood books but Jacqui never did. In fact, she was determined to write her own.

Jacqui writes junior fiction, picture books, and short stories (for adults and children). She has also co-written her f

News & Interviews