Start by marking “As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)” as Want to Read:
As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)

As Dust Dances

(Play On #2)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B07D241CSN

The New York Times Bestselling author of the On Dublin Street series and PLAY ON returns to the world of the arts in this intense and emotional standalone romance about love, sacrifice, and surviving both.

Once upon a time Skylar Finch was the lead singer of a hugely successful American pop-rock band. But fame made he
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 446 pages
Published August 7th 2018 by Samantha Young (first published July 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about As Dust Dances, please sign up.
KJ I wondered if it would be that friend of his with the beard, who said they played rugby? Or maybe Jack?

Start your review of As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I brushed my fingers over his face. What must it be like to be loved by him? I imagined it a heady thing, winning the love of a man who offered it so sparingly.

AS DUST DANCES, the latest contemporary romance by the amazing Samantha Young is incredibly steamy and a total angst fest! In other words, a PERFECT summer read!! I absofreakingutely loved this one ladies and I can’t wait till you all can get your hands on it! The chemistry between Ki
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 stars

Such a beautiful story, with a heavy romance!It was an emotional roller coaster, As Dust Dances brings all the feelings.For one more time Samantha Young hooked me from the first pages with her amazing story.She doesn't stop surprise me every time I start a new book from her.

description

Skylar is a fantastic and complex heroine.My heart was aching for her and her journey is intense.The romance between Skylar and Killian kept me on the edge all the time.These two with their slow burn,intensity and thei
Alex ♈
Very beautifully written book. Emotional and deep.
Amazing.
Incredible lyrics. The 1st book with the lyrics in it I read and reread (and not skipped).

I wasn’t a big fan of a romance itself, see spoiler below, but the book was so good written and touched me deeply.

(view spoiler)
Antonella
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was hesitant about this book as the previous one was a huge miss for me.. but I enjoyed this one much more!! almost a five star read!!

cw; grief, loss of a loved one, assault
Beatrice Masaluñga
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Review also posted at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

Skylar Finch used to be a popular artist. She was the lead vocalist of a famous rock band which she co-founded with her friends. Her life took a different direction after the tragic loss of her parents, who were tragically murdered and when her relationship with Micah was too toxic to handle. Now she's homeless and busking around the streets Glasgow for her daily needs. As mu
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Title: As Dust Dances
Series: Play On #2
Author: Samantha Young
Release date: August 7, 2018
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Samantha Young has written a story saturated with emotion on every page. A story that will make you mourn right along with Skylar as she searches her soul during the lowest point in her life. Many heroines in romance have a tragic backstory, but there's something so vulnerable and raw about this character that grips you and won't let you go from the very s
Carol
4.5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Really loved this book...there was a certain beauty and sadness to the story...but it wasn't really an overly-angsty or depressing read though...which was definitely good for me.
I connected well on an emotional level with the characters... especially Skylar .....I thought Killian and August had the perfect brother and sister relationship (both protective and loving)...there was also plenty of lighthearted moments here to balance out the more serious aspects of the storyline....I j
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤️💔❤️❤️🎶⚡️🎶🔥🎶🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️❣️❣️❣️

What a beautiful title!!!! As dust dances...
So many feelings and thoughts lie behind these words...
And this story was full of emotions, magnificently developed, had a strong and heartwarming plot, with awesome characters and lyrics touching the soul!
Samantha Young’s writing was outstanding!!! Aye❣️
It was a slow burn romance and told from the heroine’s pov.
Eliza

★5 STARS★

I dare say anyone would disagree about the extraordinary life American born Skylar Finch has led. A onetime international singing sensation, she now scrapes by busking on the streets of Glasgow. The pressure of fame and a shattering family tragedy led her to turn her back on the life she once knew. Such is Samantha Young’s writing we are never in doubt at how harsh and cruel the perils of homelessness are and the dangers being faced on a daily basis.

Skylar is brave and resilient but
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“You’re mine. And I’m yours.”

I just love Samantha Young's books and I actually don't think I've ever read a book of hers that I haven't enjoyed. However, for some unknown reason, I was hesitant about this one. I wish I could explain why I didn't just dive in but I'm glad I finally got to it because I was hooked right away.

Skylar had finally made it to the big time when a horrific event gave her the final push she needed to run away from it all. She ran far and wide but never from the m
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to run away from your current life and start again, somewhere where nobody knows you?

From the age of 14 years old Skylar wanted to make it big with her band. Her mother supported her dream 100% and dedicated all of her spare time, making huge financial sacrifices to help Skylar realise her dream. When they finally made it big she finally had everything she ever wanted or did she?

Have you heard of the saying ‘be careful what you wish for?’ The thing t
Jennifer Kyle
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
Anna
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm in awe!!
Beautiful, amazing, good written, just loved this book so much! I'll re-read soon!
I loved main characters and second characters.
Skylar understood what she wanted to be happy but she was ashamed it wasn't what everyone expected from her. Then something awful passed and she couldn't be the same... She chooses to live alone and homeless, she couldn't forgive herself not being true to herself and her mother. But something beautiful was born from the painful experience... Beautiful lyrics
Bookphenomena (Micky)

This book was a bit of a sneak attack. I just liked Play On and didn’t know what to expect from AS DUST DANCES but it started so very strong that I was grabbed almost immediately.

Skylar, the female protagonist has such an unusual story, she’s a successful lead singer of a band, or she was 20 months ago. When the book starts she’s been living homeless, on the streets of Glasgow for nearly six months. From there, everything in the reader needs more, needs answers. Skylar was the kind of
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback, arc, signed, own
You're mine.
And I'm yours.

Music is magical.

It's not just words strung together or sounds of an instrument. It's something beyond what could be simply described. It's the only thing that can translate for your heart and soul. Music can reach past generations and even language barriers. We all love music, because it's the one thing that can make us all FEEL. It can connect us to our own memories, one's that we cherish in our hearts and one's that we would rather soon forget.

This book is a lot lik
Ramona Popescu
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
To be sincere, I missed Sam Young terribly. Her “On Dublin Street” series is one of my all time favorites and every book belonging to her hits the right spot for me. She nails the characters, the story, the plot and everything in between to make that particular book awesome and memorable.

“As dust dances” is her recent release and I loved it because of the complexity of the characters and the emotions they managed to pass on to readers. Maybe the plot was not extremely complicated, but what it tr
Cristina
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so well written... I have no words to express my feelings right now. ❤️
The lyrics of the songs were so good!!! I usually don’t like reading lyrics without having the song on my mind, but this time, I didn’t mind (this sounds funny).
However the story was a little bit tragic considering what the main female character has been through, but I’m glad everything worked out fine for her in the end. 👍
Fav quote:
“Your songs.” He reached out for my notebook. “There’s a lot of pain in them. T
AJ
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 “You’re mine. And I’m yours” stars

I love this book! A beautifully written, heartwrenching read that is dramatic yet hopeful, with a fantastically slow-burning, chemistry-filled love story. A rockstar romance with a difference, this is the story of a broken girl fighting to overcome her demons, and I was captivated from start to finish.

This is technically book #2 of the Play On series, but it’s a complete standalone, so feel free to dive on in!

Skylar Finch used to have it all. As the lead si
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

I really enjoyed this one so much!
The teasers are so intriguing.

There are so many talented people out there who can relate in songs and all. I'm not really one of them I mean I can relate, but I need time. Sometimes I don't even get what the songs about while other people have it all figured out. That's so impressive! I wish I could be like that!

I have a love for a few country's and one of them is Scotland we visited last year. We went to Edinburgh and took the train to Stirling and Glasgo
Alexis
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I am in the minority for this one. Ugh...I think it was the instalove between Skylar and Killian that kinda killed it for me. I also think it was kinda odd that Skylar used a lot of sayings, words, etc that are mostly used in the UK when she was American. I’m so bummed I didn’t love this one since I liked the first one so much.
Amy J RAREtte4Life
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: samantha-young
I CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR THIS ONE. Yes Sam may be one of my top fave authors but THIS blurb and cover. TDF.

Milica's Bookshelf
4.5

These two... *sigh*
Karen Ferry
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
It is becoming increasingly evident that with each book this author publishes, she manages to not only deliver a well crafted story, but she draws me in so effortlessly that I find myself utterly engrossed in the lives of the characters that I read it in almost one sitting. (I do have to sleep, after all.)

To me, Skylar's journey was one that felt beautifully tragic and real at the same time. What I mean to say is that, the very realistic depiction of a young woman who chooses to turn her back on
Maree Repa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

The Music

I was absolutely thrilled to now read book two, Play One. Written by the amazing Samantha Young. Skylar Fincha brilliant tale of a unbelievable singer who now was living just a terrible life now. Now living such a hard life in Glasgow as poor as she can be. Meets a well known music director of a Glasgow music company, Killian O’Dea. I loved this amazing book!

As Skylar Finch stood outside on the streets in Glasgow. Visiting from the America. She is caught while playing
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I was tethered to him somehow and I didn’t think I’d be able to cut myself loose so easily.

As Dust Dances was a gripping, beautiful and emotional romance. It was a story of pain and perseverance, of strength and second chances, and of love where you least expect it. It also had a delicious enemies to lovers vibe in a way that only Samantha Young could deliver.
I glared at him with my good eye. “Fine. Hospital. I’ll add it to the list to tell the doctor.”
“What?”
“Of inj
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This book begin with us meeting Skylar who's homeless. She had a rough year so she escaped her life and those who knew her. Skylar suffered everyday trying to make a buck by singing so she can eat or even bathe. This book is enlightening how bad life can be for our homeless.

A great story which characters that you will love.

Warning situation of a possible rape involved in this book.
Shayna
Top Favorite

“I know I don’t yet, but I’ll do everything in my power to try to deserve you.”

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an INCREDIBLE ROMANCE! While I’m writing this review, I’m a mess. I’m not gonna lie, but I have to get through it so please bare with me and my ramblings. As Dust Dances is such a special love story with so much meaning, and so much heart buried within each page. Samantha Young’s amazing and flawless writing brought me to tears on many occasions, with this book and the ones before. But ther
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Samantha Young has consistently blown me away with every romance she's written and As Dust Dances just landed up there as one of my new favorites. This story is such a beautiful one, a slow burning love/hate dynamic between a homeless rock star and the brooding alpha male that discovers her busking on a Glasgow street. Young illustrates the most captivating storyline on these pages, an unputdownable account of music and romance, of friendship and healing, of heartache, loss, and self discovery.. ...more
Roxanne
This is my first book by this author, but I've always heard great things about her books and writing, so I was pretty excited to get in on this blog tour - I was hoping for a real winner, and that's exactly what I got with "As Dust Dances". Now I just need to go back and read all of Samantha Young's previous books!

There were so many great things about this story! For example, I loved the beginning when Skylar was living rough in Glasgow. This set a fast pace and connected me immediately with Sky
☽Ari

I enjoyed this book so thoroughly! And then there was that cover and the writing and the heartache and oh god!!!!!

• Outmatched
  • Bound by Forever (True Immortality, #3)
  • Kiss of Vengeance (True Immortality, #2)
  • It was always you (Blakely Brüder, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality, #1)
  • Happily Letter After
  • River Wild
  • Rush (Gods, #2)
  • In Harmony
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. Samantha writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction and is currently published in 31 countries.
She resides in Scotland.

Play On (3 books)
  • Play On (Play On, #1)
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)