Start by marking “As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)” as Want to Read:
As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)

As Dust Dances (Play On #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  586 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
The New York Times Bestselling author of the On Dublin Street series and PLAY ON returns to the world of the arts in this intense and emotional standalone romance about love, sacrifice, and surviving both.

Once upon a time Skylar Finch was the lead singer of a hugely successful American pop-rock band. But fame made her miserable. When years of living a lie suddenly ended in
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 361 pages
Published August 7th 2018 by Samantha Young

To ask other readers questions about As Dust Dances, please sign up.
KJ I wondered if it would be that friend of his with the beard, who said they played rugby? Or maybe Jack?

*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I brushed my fingers over his face. What must it be like to be loved by him? I imagined it a heady thing, winning the love of a man who offered it so sparingly.

AS DUST DANCES, the latest contemporary romance by the amazing Samantha Young is incredibly steamy and a total angst fest! In other words, a PERFECT summer read!! I absofreakingutely loved this one ladies and I can’t wait till you all can get your hands on it! The chemistry between Ki
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Such a beautiful story, with a heavy romance!It was an emotional roller coaster, As Dust Dances brings all the feelings.For one more time Samantha Young hooked me from the first pages with her amazing story.She doesn't stop surprise me every time I start a new book from her.

description

Skylar is a fantastic and complex heroine.My heart was aching for her and her journey is intense.The romance between Skylar and Killian kept me on the edge all the time.These two with their slow burn,intensity and thei
Alex ♈
Very beautifully written book. Emotional and deep.
Amazing.
Incredible lyrics. The 1st book with the lyrics in it I read and reread (and not skipped).

I wasn’t a big fan of a romance itself, see spoiler below, but the book was so good written and touched me deeply.

(view spoiler)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Skylar used to be a teeny-rock-band-super-star in America. Now she's sleeping in a tent in the back corner of a cemetery in Glasgow.

After 'fleeing' from home she spent a year backpacking through Europe and ended up in Scotland, singing and playing her beloved guitar on the streets to make enough money to eat, use the laundromat and maybe shower once a week in the swimming center.

Killian sees her singing one day and he wants her. For his uncle's record company. He needs her. He needs to prove to
Eliza

★5 STARS★

I dare say anyone would disagree about the extraordinary life American born Skylar Finch has led. A onetime international singing sensation, she now scrapes by busking on the streets of Glasgow. The pressure of fame and a shattering family tragedy led her to turn her back on the life she once knew. Such is Samantha Young’s writing we are never in doubt at how harsh and cruel the perils of homelessness are and the dangers being faced on a daily basis.

Skylar is brave and resilient but i
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to run away from your current life and start again, somewhere where nobody knows you?

From the age of 14 years old Skylar wanted to make it big with her band. Her mother supported her dream 100% and dedicated all of her spare time, making huge financial sacrifices to help Skylar realise her dream. When they finally made it big she finally had everything she ever wanted or did she?

Have you heard of the saying ‘be careful what you wish for?’ The thing t
Beatrice Masaluñga
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, new-adult
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Full review to follow!
Kindling Micky

This book was a bit of a sneak attack. I just liked Play On and didn’t know what to expect from AS DUST DANCES but it started so very strong that I was grabbed almost immediately.

Skylar, the female protagonist has such an unusual story, she’s a successful lead singer of a band, or she was 20 months ago. When the book starts she’s been living homeless, on the streets of Glasgow for nearly six months. From there, everything in the reader needs more, needs answers. Skylar was the kind of
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You're mine.
And I'm yours.

Music is magical.

It's not just words strung together or sounds of an instrument. It's something beyond what could be simply described. It's the only thing that can translate for your heart and soul. Music can reach past generations and even language barriers. We all love music, because it's the one thing that can make us all FEEL. It can connect us to our own memories, one's that we cherish in our hearts and one's that we would rather soon forget.

This book is a lot lik
AJ
4.5 “You’re mine. And I’m yours” stars

I love this book! A beautifully written, heartwrenching read that is dramatic yet hopeful, with a fantastically slow-burning, chemistry-filled love story. A rockstar romance with a difference, this is the story of a broken girl fighting to overcome her demons, and I was captivated from start to finish.

This is technically book #2 of the Play On series, but it’s a complete standalone, so feel free to dive on in!

Skylar Finch used to have it all. As the lead si
Alexis
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I am in the minority for this one. Ugh...I think it was the instalove between Skylar and Killian that kinda killed it for me. I also think it was kinda odd that Skylar used a lot of sayings, words, etc that are mostly used in the UK when she was American. I’m so bummed I didn’t love this one since I liked the first one so much.
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭

description

Good Lord in the heaven. This book is EVERYTHING! I knew Samantha Young would bring another read into my life with this story, but I’ve never seen Killian and Skylar stealing my heart so easily.

As Dust Dances is THE read of my life. It’s the BOOK with capital letters. It’s a book that everyone has to read. It’s an experience you can’t leave without. This book changed my life. And I will never look at romance books like I’ve done before.

Without a doubt, Samantha Young is my hero of romance novel
Maree Repa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

The Music

I was absolutely thrilled to now read book two, Play One. Written by the amazing Samantha Young. Skylar Fincha brilliant tale of a unbelievable singer who now was living just a terrible life now. Now living such a hard life in Glasgow as poor as she can be. Meets a well known music director of a Glasgow music company, Killian O’Dea. I loved this amazing book!

As Skylar Finch stood outside on the streets in Glasgow. Visiting from the America. She is caught while playing
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I was tethered to him somehow and I didn’t think I’d be able to cut myself loose so easily.

As Dust Dances was a gripping, beautiful and emotional romance. It was a story of pain and perseverance, of strength and second chances, and of love where you least expect it. It also had a delicious enemies to lovers vibe in a way that only Samantha Young could deliver.
I glared at him with my good eye. “Fine. Hospital. I’ll add it to the list to tell the doctor.”
“What?”
“Of injuries. Eye, ri
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Samantha Young has consistently blown me away with every romance she's written and As Dust Dances just landed up there as one of my new favorites. This story is such a beautiful one, a slow burning love/hate dynamic between a homeless rock star and the brooding alpha male that discovers her busking on a Glasgow street. Young illustrates the most captivating storyline on these pages, an unputdownable account of music and romance, of friendship and healing, of heartache, loss, and self discovery.. ...more
Roxanne
First Samantha Young book, check! Full review to come with blog tour.
Shayna
Top Favorite

“I know I don’t yet, but I’ll do everything in my power to try to deserve you.”

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an INCREDIBLE ROMANCE! While I’m writing this review, I’m a mess. I’m not gonna lie, but I have to get through it so please bare with me and my ramblings. As Dust Dances is such a special love story with so much meaning, and so much heart buried within each page. Samantha Young’s amazing and flawless writing brought me to tears on many occasions, with this book and the ones before. But there was
Rebecca
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy have I’ve missed how Samantha Young uses her story’s setting of Scotland to illicit just as many emotions as the characters themselves, and due to the heroine’s need to flee her old life and leave everything she once was behind, readers see a much different side of Scotland than we’re used to picturing, but in illustrating the circumstances that Young’s heroine finds herself in, it proves just how desperate Skylar Finch is to never go back to who and what she was…from a highly successful lea ...more
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come! :)

KFForever
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This is going to appear like a strange way to write a review, but this is how it feels right to do. I’ve been reviewing for just over sixteen months now and I have never been so compelled to put words to paper the way this one has compelled me to. Usually, I stew over my thoughts for just a little while, but not on this one, oh no. This one demanded I write the review quickly, lest I forget what I was left feeling when I was gra
Karen Mc
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Music is the outburst of the soul.

There is nothing more moving than a tale threaded with music. Music that complements and completes the story. Music that makes the story. Music is the key to the heart and soul, and Samantha Young unlocks and unleashes a musical concert of feels in As Dust Dances. From beginning to end, Samantha Young paints a stunning story in vivid detail that hits the heart and sings to the soul. So broken. So brave. So breathtaking. So beautiful

I was CONSUMED with this
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I would pick up the phone book if Samantha Young wrote it, and even though I am not a big fan of YA/NA (I am an old fart, they often feel wwaaaaaayy too young for me), I completely adored As Dust Dances.

I didn't read the blurb of this story before I read it, because sometimes I just love diving in completely blind. And it was worth doing this here.

As Dust Dances did not feel YA or even NA to me. Our leading lady Skylar has been through so much in her life that sh
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"How can he be this irritating and sexy at the same time?"

Samantha Young took me on a heartbreaking journey that kept me on the edge from start to finish. Being a music lover, I was very intrigued and excited to read As Dust Dances. I really really enjoyed the lyrics and the music details in this story.

I was pulled in from the first page, being inside Skylar's head, privy to her thoughts and feelings was a frightening and thought provoking place to be. She's an internationally successful po
Elisa Wang
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
6 stars (no really, 6 stars)

Omgggggggggg, this book was unbelievable!!!!
I’m speechless at how much I loved it!

This book filled my heart with every feeling I could think of! I was hooked from the first page and I just lost myself in the lives of Skylar and Killian <3

There are so many things I could talk about regarding this book, but let me try to focus on some things that really touched me.

- Killian, oh Killian. He was a mystery, especially in the first part of the book. His personality had s
Books Over Sleep
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! Book 2 in Samantha Young’s Pay On series was simply wonderful. Skylar, one our MC’s hasn’t had the easiest life. From being a famous musician star in America to living in a small tent in Glasgow’s cemetery, she never thought her life would turn out the way it did. Then enters her life Killian, offering her an escape from the roughness and hardships that come from living on the streets and pulling her back into the world of music.
This story started with an enveloping p
Karen
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! Samantha has a gift for writing strong, but flawed characters. Skylar was living the dream she thought she wanted until she realized it was a life that bleeding her soul. Tragedy struck Skylar and when she couldn’t take it she disappeared. When she meets Killian O’Dea on the streets in Glasgow her life changes again. Watching the Skylar and Killian was beautiful and heartbreaking. I’m sad the story is over, I could’ve kept reading and reading and reading about them.
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
I don’t read angsty books if I can help it. I tend to stick to lighthearted romances, preferably rom-coms. While some readers enjoy diving in to a soul-crushing read, I typically end up curled into a fetal position and biting off all my nails. It was only my undying love for Samantha Young that led me to pick up her latest release, As Dust Dances, which, I could tell would be a tearjerker just from reading the blurb. And boy was it a tearjerker. A heart-panging, gut-wrenching, emotional whirlwin ...more
Three Chicks
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Skylar Finch is homeless. She spends her days busking in Glasgow. She hopes the generosity of strangers will buy the things she needs to survive another day.

I was busking so I could buy a meal for the night. And if it was a particularly good day, money to get into the swimming center so I could use one of their showers and a hair dryer.

She travels alone, with the occasional company of a heroin addict, Ham and his girlfriend Mandy. They urge her to join them, or at least hang
Melanie Cesa
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Samantha Young, you always capture my heart! What a breathtaking story filled with so many emotions. I was addicted from the start.

My heart went out to Skylar. She is written with so much love and heartache and hope. Her journey is raw and hits you with so many emotions. The intense connection between her and Killian will move you. Killian is so broody and complex, and he’s written in a way that makes you so intrigued by him. I loved their slow build of friendship and the way it blossomed. I
Lisa Mandina
Maybe 3.5 stars. This is a really hard review for me to write. I have loved every other book I've read by Samantha Young. I mean, couldn't put it down, laughed, cried, gushed over to everyone everywhere as I read it and after I finished it. And it wasn't that it wasn't a good story. It had a lot of great things about it. While there was the end that definitely had me crying in a way that only this author can make me cry. I think that these were characters that maybe I just didn't connect with? I ...more
Samantha Young is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of adult contemporary romances, including the On Dublin Street series and Hero, as well as the New Adult duology Into the Deep and Out of the Shallows. Fight or Flight, a new standalone to be published by Berkley Romance, is out October 9th 2018. Before turning to contemporary fiction, she wrote several youn ...more
More about Samantha Young

Play On (2 books)
  • Play On (Play On, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“You’re mine. And I’m yours.” 4 likes
“It felt like we existed on some lonely part of this planet where there was only music and creativity.” 3 likes