Start by marking “Time Bomb” as Want to Read:
Time Bomb

Time Bomb

A congressman's daughter who has to be perfect. A star quarterback with a secret. A guy who's tired of being ignored. A clarinet player who's done trying to fit in. An orphaned rebel who wants to teach someone a lesson. A guy who wants people to see him, not his religion.

They couldn't be more different, but before the morning's over, they'll all be trapped in a school that
Published March 13th 2018 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Time Bomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Bomb

Carrie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
When I first saw the description of Time Bomb by Joelle Charbonneau I couldn’t help but be extremely curious. Last year I had heard all the buzz for This Is Where It Ends and had high hopes when I picked that one up only to be really disappointed. However, after reading Time Bomb I have to say that this one was what I was looking for last year.

For me as a reader I had thought This is Where It Ends completely lacked character development and I simply was never drawn into the students stories or b
Ishmeen
I'd like to thank Netgalley for providing me an eARC of Time Bomb! When I first read the synopsis, it instantly gave me vibes similar to One of Us is Lying which was one of my favourite reads of 2017 so I was super keen on reading it. And for the first half, the book lived up to my expectations since I couldn't put it down! Although it was nothing like what I thought it would be, I was still so interested since there were multiple POV and an aura of mystery that surrounded the plot which I gre ...more
Jen Ryland
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Not terribly impressed with this. I think that in 2018, books about topics like mass violence in schools need to have moral, psychological and political complexity.

I've read similar books (I'm mainly thinking of This Is Where It Ends - you can read my review of that here. For me, this book had many of the same issues - lots of POVs, uneven character development, and a rushed, info-dumpy ending that left me completely confused.

1. You're thrown right into the action with these characters and the
Courtney
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of: YA, mystery thrillers
Recommended to Courtney by: Netgally
Shelves: netgalley, 2018-read
It's the week before a new school year will begin at Hallwood high school, but the doors are open to students and teachers looking to get a head start on what they need to do. Some are setting up their classrooms, others are getting their student ID's or fixing their schedules... but there are few who entered the building with questionable intentions, set on doing something so drastic the whole world would have to take notice.

On a day the high school was supposed to be empty (at least, by the t
Odette Knappers
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Oh, wat was dit een goed boek! De test serie en Nodig van dezelfde schrijfster vond ik erg goed, dus ik was heel benieuwd naar deze.

Ik vind het tof dat aan het begin van het boek alle personages een verdachte zijn. Allemaal hebben ze een totaal ander motief, maar iedereen zou het gedaan kunnen hebben.

Dan leer je ze kennen, en ver tegen het einde realiseerde ik me ineens dat ik vrijwel iedereen als verdachte had afgeschreven, zonder dat ik precies kon aanwijzen op welk punt of waardoor.

De schrijf
Jackie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
i finally finished a book!!!!! i didn’t have time to read all week so i made it my mission to read as much as i could as soon as i got home today (i spent the week in Poland with my family).

Time Bomb is about a group of students who happen to be at school the day a bomb goes off. they work together to find a way out of there, but everyone of them is hiding a secret. while being trapped, they find out that the bomber is still inside the building and possibly planning to set off more bombs, so th
Ana Garza
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, suspenseful, read & it was made all the better with my Once Upon a Book Club gifts. :)
Cisz Strasters
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Er zijn nu al 4 bommen afgegaan, maar er schijnt nog een explosief in de school te zijn dat elk moment kan ontploffen." ~ p9.

De nachtmerrie van iedere ouder, de hel voor ieder schoolgaand kind. Wat een indrukwekkend verhaal om te lezen!

"Als jij wilt geloven dat ik een slecht mens ben, kan ik je niet tegenhouden." ~ p150.

Tijdbom is een YA-thriller, waarin een bomexplosie op school centraal staat. Het verteld het verhaal van 6 jongeren die ten tijde van een aanslag in de school aanwezig zijn. Va
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
2.5 STARS

Four bombs explode inside a high school. Seven students trapped. One is the bomber. Another one gun has a gun. A senator’s daughter. A bullied girl. A Muslim. A mixed race gay football player. Another gay football player who also plays straight. An orphan and the girl trying to save him from himself. Not all will survive.

Long before Parkland, I preordered TIME BOMB, a different take on school shooting meets The Breakfast Club. Joelle Charbonneau uses six third person points of view to l
Josiah
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Joelle Charbonneau's books rarely lack excitement, and Time Bomb pushes us right into the action on page one. There are several teen main characters, and we meet them all in initial spurts of a few pages each, imprinting their individual narratives in our minds. There's Diana, daughter of the U.S. senator who has proposed the Safety Through Education bill, a controversial measure designed to counteract school violence by incentivizing students to report suspicious behavior among their peers. We ...more
Laurie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 ster. Artikel op 29-12 op de Hebban Young Adult Club, recensie daarna op mijn blog. Of op de laatste dag van 2018, of in de eerste week van januari 2019.
Christine Charliers
Zes perspectieven (waarom 6??) en ik had van in het begin meteen door wie de dader was nog voor het begonnen was. Na een snelle vraag aan iemand die het gelezen had (ja of nee?) want ik twijfelde om door te lezen, bleek dat een ja te zijn. Dus ja... Het lijkt me ook erg langdradig en helemaal niet boeiend.
Opgegeven na 56pg.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ya
It is a week before school starts for the year. Freshman students are at the school to get identification cards. A few others are there for various reasons when the first bomb explodes. As the school starts to crumble survivors on the second and third floors are trapped and the school is on fire. Seven students manage to congregate in a classroom on the third floor awaiting rescue. We find the quarterback football star, Ms. Perfect, who is a Senator’s daughter, the tattooed bad boy who very seld ...more
Katherine Moore
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2018-read
This was an extremely fast read for me; I flew through ‘Time Bomb’ in a matter of hours, and it almost felt like I was following a similar clock to the one that was ticking away in the book. Six exceedingly different students, not unlike seen with the setup in the movie ‘The Breakfast Club’, find themselves trapped together because of the horrific circumstance of someone having set off bombs at their school (although, conveniently, school isn't quite in session yet, so there aren’t mass casualti ...more
The Nerd Daily
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally Posted on The Nerd Daily | Review by Melissa Platt

Have you ever felt so distraught that you needed to take action? Have you ever wanted to blow something up? Hurt anyone? Well that is what this book is all about.

Time Bomb follows six teenagers, who are going about their daily lives when they get stuck in their school after a bombing. They try to help each other, but things go haywire when they get rocked by more bombs and learn that one of them is helping with the bombings.

This book
Chloe
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come.

Rating - 4/5
Liesl
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heartlands, netgalley
This book is going to stay with me for a long time. It's the kind of story you want to discuss with as many people as possible and that you can't stop thinking about. A very sensitive and thought-provoking exploration of difficult themes, featuring relateable characters and a narrative it's difficult to put down.

Things which particularly stood out for me:
- The main cluster of characters. All of them represented different high-school tropes, but they had depth to them e.g the intersectionality of
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I really enjoying Charbonneau's The Testing trilogy, so I had high hopes for this one. I'm not sure why but for some reason I found myself not interested or invested in the characters or the story, which literally was explosive. It has the elements to be great: bomb at a high school, high stakes, several people with different backgrounds and unsure who is responsible. I think partly it's because this is not my kind of read. I like more depth to my characters and more of a character arc. There we ...more
Lekeisha The Booknerd
For such an explosive topic (literally), Time Bomb failed to keep me invested. For one, there are too many POVs. Yes, when there is subject matter such as this, needing to get the feel for each character's mindset is a must. This story had too many times to get the flow right, and failed. With all that's going on in this story, I could have really used some transparency. It was hard to love any one character, and to be honest, for such a story, I felt bored nearly all the way through. I give the ...more
Christy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The whodunit part of the story unfolding had me completely biting my nails. The fact that these teens had to rely on each other when they knew one of them was responsible for the bombing is intense!
AziaMinor
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I little predictable but still enjoyable and very human. It was very believable
Cassie James
Thanks to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review, This doesn't in any way influence my opinion on it.
description
Time Bomb is the second book I'm reading from Joelle Charbonneau and I'm once again enamored by how talented she is. Her writing is so transcendent it's like the words come alive and she proves herself a master storyteller once more with Time Bomb.
Time Bomb is about a group of High School students who get stuck in the second floor of their school when a bomb goes o
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley/Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Thriller, Mystery
*Rating* 3.0

*Thoughts*

Joelle's Charbonneau's Time Bomb is a standalone, young adult, thriller & suspense novel featuring a variety of characters, and a variety of narratives. It is 9 days until the start of the new school year. As a bomb goes off in the school, it is possible to say that every one of these characters could be the one responsible. For 7 teens, their lives are about to be changed forever.

*Full Review @ Gizmos Rev
Lauren
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of my highly anticipated releases of March. Especially with whats currently going on with #MarchForOurLives, I was excited to see how the author tackles this subject. However, I found this book to be extremely predictable and too stereotypical to have really added anything to the current discussion. I felt that this book should have been much more complex than it was in so many ways than it was and it was just left lacking .

My biggest issue with this book was just how stereotyp
Chelsea
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, read-in-2018
A congressman's daughter who has to be perfect. A star quarterback with a secret. A guy who's tired of being ignored. A clarinet player who's done trying to fit in. An orphaned rebel who wants to teach someone a lesson. A guy who wants people to see him, not his religion. Time bomb follows the perspective of six different individuals, trapped inside their High School, as a series of bombs rocks their world. Time Bomb is a riveting story of school bullying, stereotypes, anxiety, depression, and m ...more
Tabby
[full review is up on my blog]

Oh my word! This book is so gripping! Trust me when I say that you'll have a hard time putting it down! At first I thought the transition of focus between 5-6 characters would be hard to follow, but after all the kids are at the school you barely notice it. The story flows so well and you can't help but wonder what each of the students is planning when they go to school a week before it starts.

I appreciate that the author doesn't overuse curse words, like many ot
gem
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Imagine One of Us Is Lying meets The Breakfast Club and chuck in some bombs and this is what you get!

The narrative is split between 6 characters, all defined and distinctive, and all with their own secrets and personal agendas. It was interesting to see how their revelations played out and his their relationships developed.
Ive not read any of the authors work before but I enjoyed this so I certainly will in future, I especially liked how fast paced this was as it kept me gripped and I read it in
Time Bomb Book Review 1 3 Feb 03, 2019 06:21AM
Time Bomb Book Review - Arjit Bose 1 5 Dec 06, 2018 06:22AM
Let's Talk About Time Bomb! 1 3 Nov 26, 2018 07:30AM
HopelessBookAddic...: Time Bomb 2 11 Mar 26, 2018 10:34AM
HopelessBookAddic...: March 23-25 2018 2 14 Mar 23, 2018 04:37PM
  • Who Killed Christopher Goodman?
  • After The Shot Drops
  • Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe
  • Running Full Tilt
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Backfield Boys
  • Surface Tension
  • Sweet, Hereafter (Heaven, #3)
  • Splinter
  • After the Death of Anna Gonzales
  • Truth and Dare: 20 Tales of Heartbreak and Happiness
  • The Gone Away Place
  • Trell
  • What We Lost in the Dark (What We Saw at Night, #2)
  • My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life
  • Truthers
  • Posted
  • Me and My Big Mouth (Zack Delacruz, #1)
I am a storyteller at heart. I have performed in a variety of operas, musical theatre and children's theatre productions across the Chicagoland area.

While I'm happy to perform for an audience, I am equally delighted to teach private voice lessons and use my experience from the stage to create compelling characters on the page. I am the author of the Rebecca Robbins mystery series (Minotaur Books)
“Once you were a winner, you had to stay the winner they expected you to be.” 3 likes
“To get what you wanted in life, you must inspire trust - even if you intended to break it.” 1 likes