Start by marking “Where Dreams Merge (Jasmine Cottage #2)” as Want to Read:
Where Dreams Merge (Jasmine Cottage #2)

Where Dreams Merge

(Jasmine Cottage #2)

The second book in the Jasmine Cottage Victorian Romance series follows Grace Moore as she matches wits with writer Carter Beckett, the Earl of Wainwright.

Grace Moore has avidly followed the career of Carter Beckett, who pens pieces for a London newspaper. Never shy to contradict him, she has sent him several letters about his work. What she didn't expect was for the man
Published July 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Where Dreams Merge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Dreams Merge

Start your review of Where Dreams Merge (Jasmine Cottage #2)
Minx
Where Dreams Merge is the second book in the Jasmine Cottage series. In this series, the Moore sisters had always lived out in the country but when their mother and father left for the Orient the sisters rented a small cottage to live in. This cottage, which they nicknamed the Jasmine cottage, was rented from their childhood friend Lord Audsley.

The sisters soon faced reduced circumstances as their grandfather died under rather scandalous conditions and had failed to provide for the women in his
Chessela Helm
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story of two novelists (I'm a writer, of course I love reading about writers!) finding each other and love. The characters are great, and it was nice to get to know the characters of Jasmine Cottage a little better. The second half of the story has external conflict going on that keeps you excited and very interested in learning more about the hero's brother. I just don't know whether I want the next book to be his or Emma's (Just kidding, I totally want the next book to be Emma's). T ...more
Coco.V
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/28/2020)! 🎁
Tracy DeNeal
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Writers writing together take us on a wondrous journey to HEA.

Miss Grace Moore is a fusty, yet fanciful, soon-to-be country spinster who loves to peruse the broadsheets and has set up an adversarial relationship via correspondence with the rakish Earl of Wainwright. She lectures and cajoles him about his writing, his views and his abominable spelling skills or lack thereof. Carter Beckett, the earl, has a decidedly different response than expected once he meets Miss Grace in person. The attracti
Shoshanna Ford
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book, much like all of Maureen’s work, was an automatic buy for me. I read the whole thing in just a few hours with nearly no breaks. It’s just impossible to put down once you’ve started.

Once again we find ourselves in the welcoming, cozy “spinster house”, (as the gossipy matrons call it) Jasmine Cottage. This time it is Grace who we focus on. I just adore Grace. She is a sweet heroine who knows how to stick up for herself. Some may call her a blue stocking, but why should that be a bad th
Judi Easley
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Thoughts: Maybe a 4.5 even. This was really fun. The use of the writing between the two MCs was really good. It totally made their relationship unique and added the needed spice. The twist of the promised at birth engagement was definitely a great tool, especially with its attendant issues. Emma and Audsley were interesting as well. There is just so much in this storyline of interest that I am definitely inclined toward the 4.5 Stars. Recommended. Well done, Ms. Driscoll.
Anna
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars.
It wasn't so good as first book for me. But it was ok
Safe read. No cheating. No OP scenes. Suspense.
One crazy woman almost killed our heroine.
Marlene
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story of Carter Becket, Lord Wainwright and Emma Moore. The plot device of writing letters to each other in the guise of fictional characters was genious. The ending was also satisfying but a few loose ends with the Bavarian diplomat and sister Emma and Lord Audsley misunderstanding. I know there will be a book about this but its still mystifying.
Letschat1974
Stars 3/4 (Kate Pearce, Maureen Driscoll, Elisa Braden)

Hey fellow readers I don’t summarize the books (as there are always great full summaries written that I read myself).

I only give it my personal, general, summary of 5 stars to 1 star.

3 stars: This book is worth a read but didn’t really have me excited about interacting with the book where I could not put it down. It lacks the excitement and well roundness of my personal markers for a great read throughout the book.

Development and interest
Tracy Emro
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Grace Moore and Carter Beckett, Earl of Wainwright meet for the first time at Arabella and Jonathan's wedding (Where Hearts Meet), but the two are known to each other because Carter writes political articles for a London paper and Grace delights in writing to him to comment on his work and to correct his spelling errors. When Carter finally meets her, he realizes he has met his muse.

Carter has been staying with Christopher Aston, Lord Audsley trying desperately to write his novel, but the words
Stephanielaurenwilling
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency-romance
Thoroughly enjoyed this next book in the series. Again, super fun, feminist, sexy, funny, and engaging. I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first, possibly because Where Dreams Merge felt like two different books in one--the first half is a sexy, intelligent comedy where two brilliant writers play off of each other, and the second half is a Jane Austen/spy mash up. Now, an Austen/Spy romance novel is also right up my alley, but I was enjoying the first half very much until it became a v ...more
Rebecca
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book.

I loved it was a continued series without relying too much on the first book so you were able to follow along easily. Maureen Driscoll is fast becoming one of my favorite writers.

This story really captures me from the beginning. I so enjoyed CArters and Grace's first meeting. I liked she didn't back down to him or simper as if she did n't have a mind.

When they started working together I instantly loved how carter became protective of her and really enjoyed their b
Margo
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grace is the youngest of the two sisters presently residing at Jasmine cottage. She has been sending letters to a columnist who writes in one of the London papers. She critiques him. Carter, the writer, expects her to be an older bossy woman and is presently surprised when he meets a beautiful woman. Since he is in the area to write a novel he uses her for his muse. However he quickly falls for the woman but can not ask for hand because he has been promised at birth to another woman. After a rom ...more
Patty Soto
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plot twister

Love reading love stories. This one in particular had me going nonstop. It shows a lady who speaks her mind without being rude, and lives with others who do so as well. That is refreshing. Then the author compels a drama of spyes and danger from a past in Jeremys world that is so believable that when you find out where the real danger is, it turns everything around. Loved it. Unexpected is best.
Rachel Smart
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

I loved this story. It has some intrigue and lots of romance. There are some sexy scenes and it has a HEA!! The creative story line of an author and an author was charming. It could be read as a standalone but the supporting characters from the first are in this as well which I love. This is a series about 5 ladies who met in a small village. Now that Arabella and Grace have found there soul mates who is next? Can't wait to read the next book in this series!!
Julie
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
This book was such a pleasant surprise! When I first started reading it, I wasn't sure if I loved Carter & Grace together, but once things moved to London, the story really started to pick up for me. I loved the addition of Carter's brother Jeremy, and the mystery that was presented in the 2nd half was an interesting story line. Plus the Moore sisters are both fiercely independent, which we love to see in a heroine! I will definitely look into reading the other books in this series. ...more
Marilyn
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable tale from Maureen Driscoll. It was enjoyable and heartening. These are such lovely romantic reading at a time when one cannot even hug their families. The interesting thing for me is that this series, as the first one that I read, introduces the reader to an inner circle of families (related or not) that might be driven by the mores of the time, but they care and have close relationships. They are strong people who can see beyond the superficial and its all about love.
Ann Gonzalez
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything

This book has everything a great book needs. Wonderful characters that were so easy to love, a challenging situation with no easy solution, and each page being better than the last. I look forward to reading more of this series. Maureen has a unique writing style that I enjoy. I highly recommend this series and her others.
Pauline
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reading

Jasmine Cottage book 2.Great light reading.With a bit of mystery thrown in.The Moore sisters where left alone and penny less when there grandfather died.And parents went away to do there own thing.This book I loved the story line.And the happy ever after couple where well suited as they both were writing a novel.
Donna Reed
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

I love a good historical romance and this was superb!
The writing was excellent and mature( my last read was so cringeworthy I cried)
Someone complained about the love scenes... pleaseee we are grown ups and this was tame in comparison.
I thoroughly enjoyed Grace and Carter. I hope to read about Emma and Audsley next!
Carol
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading

This had romance, mystery and a happy ending along with colorful characters. I liked how nicely she hinted at things in the epilogue to give a taste of what lies ahead
Sandra Casile
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this story very much.

This is one of the best historical novel I have read in a while. The characters are funny and witty. You also have mystery and definitely a who done it.
Sandra Tomas
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

I loved this story, I would give it a 💯% 5star it is that good. I loved the wittiness of the characters and the
True love and family ties between the characters. And love and happiness between Grace and Carter they we're the perfect couple.
Gloria Hawkins
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the entire Jasmine Cottage series. Wonderful characters.
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
Good read

I enjoyed the first book more than this one. However I did like this one and am looking forward to the next story.
Lynda
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't stop reading it

I loved the love story and that Carter was so possessive of Grace. But the best of this book was solving the mystery.
Lita Acevedo
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely story with a HEA for not one, but two couples. I thoroughly enjoyed this second story in the Jasmine Cottage series. I can't wait to read the next one! ...more
SynergyQuest
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

I enjoyed this one even more than the previous book. I hope that Emma and Audsley’s story is up next.
Kate
May 15, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Horrible

Please, do not buy this book. Do not even take it as a gift. I have never read anything this bad.
Leyka Rosario
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loveddddd it

Wonderful..I'm moving to the 3rd book of the series. So enjoyable, not tiring and easy read. I fully recommend it.

• To Jilt a Corinthian (Friendship. #12)
  • The Duchess of Chocolate (Rare Confectionery, #1)
  • Theory of Magic (Unexpected Magic, #3)
  • A Stolen Kiss (Victorian Love #1) (Generations of Love #5)
  • Her Midnight Sin (Shadows and Silk #3)
  • An Enchanted Christmas Collection : Regency Romance
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #2)
  • The Angel of an Astronomer (The Heirs of the Aristocracy Book 1)
  • All You Need is a Duke (The Duke Hunters Club, #1)
  • Etiquette with the Devil (The Ravensdales, #1)
  • Sanctuary of Roses (The Medieval Herb Garden, #2)
  • An Indecent Invitation (Spies and Lovers, #1)
  • Morning Song (Culloden's Fire Book 5)
  • Always the Wallflower (Never the Bride, #5)
  • Oath (Lords of Action, #3)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • The Last Offer (The Dunne Family, #1)
  • The Duke Conspiracy (Mayfair Mayhem #1)
Maureen Driscoll is an Emmy-nominated writer/producer in Hollywood. She is the author of Regency romance novels about the Kellington and Emerson families, as well as the residents of Jasmine Cottage.

She released THE TYCOON MURDERER, the first in a series of cozy mystery/time travel romances. And she looks forward to meeting her very own Mr. Darcy.

Jasmine Cottage (5 books)
  • Where Hearts Meet (Jasmine Cottage #1)
  • Where Light Shines (Jasmine Cottage #3)
  • Where Souls Embrace (Jasmine Cottage #4)
  • Where Love Grows (Jasmine Cottage #5)