Start by marking “Welcome to Wishing Bridge (Wishing Bridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Wishing Bridge (Wishing Bridge, #1)

(Wishing Bridge #1)

Kelsey is on her way to a life do-over. And it’s not the first time. Abandoned by her drug-addict mother as a teen, she landed in a foster-care group home where she experienced faith and community—and met her best friends, Jazz and Theadora. The trio stuck together like sisters and vowed to make their lives mean something.

Now Kelsey’s pushing thirty, and her life has taken
Published November 14th 2017 by Waterfall Press

Susan
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Ruth Logan Herne

WELCOME TO WISHING BRIDGE is the first book in the Wishing Bridge series. To be honest, I fell in love with the cover the minute I saw it. I knew I would read it anyway, because I love Ruth Logan Herne, but the cover really pulled me in. I loved everything about this beautiful story and I'm excited to continue the series. Ruth Logan Herne always has a way of grabbing her readers and she never lets us go. Kelsey is on her way to Harrisburg Pennsylvania to
Kav
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woohoo! Welcome to Wishing Bridge and welcome to an awesome new series by Ruth Logan Herne. Be prepared for a heart-tugging and soul-stirring escape as you lose yourself in Kelsey's story. From the gripping opening scene to the toe-curl of a conclusion...and the sweet promise of more good things to come in future books. Because while this is Kelsey's story, the author has cleverly brought these three foster sisters together in a very special town that isn't ready to let them go any time soon.

And
Shalini
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With a cover like this and a title with wishing in it, do you even wonder why I read this book on a cool wintery December morning? And this book is everything which is needed to bring the warmth. Sitting in my reading nook, in a comfy armchair with tea and toast, here goes my review.
The story is simple, Kelsey is conned, finds herself pregnant decides to put the baby up for adoption. But Fates have a different idea, so she has an accident hours prior to delivery, delivers the baby in the fireho
Alaina
Now I do love free books with my Kindle Unlimited - I really do. But sometimes I get recommend a book that is beyond terrible and just not for me. This is not one of those cases.

I loved everything about Welcome to Wishing Bridge and I think I'm developing a crush on Ruth as well. It's such a cute story about three friends meeting up again in a small town once one girl's life is put on hold.

Now I liked all of these characters and this story so much that I even looked to see if Wishing Bridge, NY
Rebecca
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
"No one will know you're missing".

Those kind of agonizing thoughts ran through Kelsey McCleary's mind as her car took a nasty spin off an ice covered curve during nearly white-out conditions. "Run the car and heat for fifteen minutes every hour", was the advice of a meteorologist, but Kelsey's despair wasn't just on her own behalf, but on that of her unborn child.

Following his instincts, Officer Hale Jackson responded to the call of a possible vehicle in trouble near the curve of Perchance Roa
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Three friends converge in a small town after one of their lives takes a wrong turn.

Kelsey McCleary, nearly 30, unmarried and pregnant, is on her way to give up her baby for adoption when she's caught in a freak snow storm. Raised for a time by a drug addict, lying, deceitful mother and turned over to foster care as a teen, she has seen some of the worse life has to offer. But she eventually lands in a wonderful foster group home run by a faith-filled woman. There she meets her best friends, Jazz
Just Commonly
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
"All her life she'd dreamed of being someone's heart's desire." (3)

Go ahead. Answer your heart's desire and pick up Ruth Logan Herne's latest offering, Welcome to Wishing Bridge. The first of the Wishing Bridge series, readers will get a delightfully warm opening to what one can imagine as a beautiful addiction.

". . . this has Hallmark movie written all over it.. " (96)

Yes it does. However, unlike Hallmark movies, you won't be presented with one main couple, but quite a few interesting
Melissa
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely charming book! I picked this up at the library because I loved the cover and the story intrigued me. I had never heard of it before spotting it on the new books shelf at the library. I am so glad I did! This one is not to be missed! I adored the town of Wishing Bridge. What an adorable setting! The characters were relatable and likable and I can’t wait for further stories about them. The story itself kept me entertained and made me smile throughout. It’s simply put, a near ...more
Diana
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Wishing Bridge, a sleepy, friendly little town tucked in the rolling hills of Western New York. It's the kind of village fairytales are made of, with helpful citizens and plenty of Christmas cheer! Stranded in a snowstorm outside of Wishing Bridge is where our courageous heroine inadvertently finds herself...pregnant and alone. I immediately fell in love with Kelsey's character because she was so forthright and honest with her handsome cop rescuer and the rest of the townsfolk. She wa ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book, but I had a few issues with it. It tried to be a feel good Christmas story, and it almost was, but there were a few things that didn't work.

The author tried to do too much in one book. Instead of it being about Kelsey, it was about every person in the book. There were a lot of loose ends at the end of the book. How did Donna and Kelsey resolve things? What happened with the fire? Did the apartments ever sell? Also it was like you only got glimpses. You got a g
CarolynB
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I really, really liked this book. Kelsey McCleary finds herself lost in a snowstorm and about to give birth when her car goes off the road and into a snowbank. Her rescue and the circumstances surrounding her and the nearby town make a very compelling read. I loved the other characters and, if this is the first book of a series, as I think it is, then I’m all in to read more about several of the other characters.
Stacey
I won this story in a goodreads giveaway, and I am so glad I did. I have not read Ruth Logan Herne books before, but was delighted to find myself engrossed in the characters and community of Wishing Bridge. Kelsey is so courageous despite her mistakes and misfortune. With the help of a handsome deputy, her two dear friends, Thea and Jazz, (who come running when Kelsey calls in an emergency), and a town that is generous in action and faith, you have an endearing story that will leave you wanting ...more
Trixi
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first fell in love with Ruth Herne's writing with her Double S Ranch series. Her incredible talent for bringing characters to life coupled with telling a story that tugs at both your heartstrings and soul is one of the best in the industry! She makes you fall in love with a town you wished you could actually visit & make your own and engulfs you in the story where reality fades away. You'll find yourself spending hours in the pages with no concept of time passing.

Marilyn
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to travel to Wishing Bridge, NY with all the giving, caring characters I connected with while reading, Welcome to Wishing Bridge by Ruth Logan Herne. Herne never fails to deliver a story filled with family, friends, faith and God’s love and this story is an exceptional, heartfelt and mesmerizing read.

Kelsey couldn’t believe she was driving in a snowstorm when her car lands in a snowbank. She believed this was the end of her crazy mixed up life, but looked up to see an officer leaning in
Linda Syman
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all the Herne books

You really can't go wrong reading a book by this author. It's believable, fun, clean romance that captures your heart in the first page. I love how she can weave Christian ideas into her story without shoving a hidden faith agenda down your throat like so many Christian authors do. I read this book through Kindle Unlimited but will have to purchase it for my library. I really enjoyed this Christmas story.
Jessie Young
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I had the hardest time reading this book! I can’t pinpoint quite what it was that made me have a hard time. The story didn’t come to life for me. I wish it would have because it was a nice concept.
I received a digital copy from netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Paula Shreckhise
Welcome to Wishing Bridge is the first in a new series by Ruth Logan Herne.

Welcome to Wishing Bridge! By all means, yes! I want to live there! It sounds like the perfect little town but close enough to a big city for shopping. My kind of hometown.
Kelsey McCleary is on the interstate in a snowstorm and is forced to take the exit to Wishing Bridge, N.Y.
A real “welcome”: her car goes off the road , she almost doesn’t get discovered, and to add to the drama— she is in labor!
The book’s circumstanc
Emmie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The minute I saw the cover, I knew I had to read this book. What a wonderful, beautiful, uplifting book.

This is the first book that I have read by Ruth Logan Herne, and it will not be the last. I love her writing style, her characters and storyline. It is a hopeful thread that runs through the book, with lots of healing and acceptance thrown in.

I loved it! I just know there will be books for Thea and Jazz. I can't wait to see what life will bring them.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for
Karen
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that can draw you into the scene, make you feel like a member of the town, and cause you to feel all the emotions of the people you grow to love. This book had all of those. A beautiful story of love and second chances, and finding your home in the place you least expected. This book is a great start to what I am sure is going to be a series to remember for a long time.
Beth Erin
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this small town, single mom, second chance romance! What a wonderful community and delightful characters! Friendship, faith, and sweet romance make this a perfect women's fiction selection! Great audiobook too!
Dot
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Great plot twists to keep you interested and reading. Believable characters, can’t wait to read the next adventure Thank you
Barbara Fox
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hale is definitely a super hero. I love how things turn out for Kelsey. If you like a story with believable characters and a happy ending Welcome to Wishing Bridge is for you
Denice Darland
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Well done.

Wonderful story about the complexities of life, faith and the human condition. Hope abounds in the smallest gestures and in the oddest places sometimes. Write on!
Jackie Layton
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I woke up at 2:30 a.m. coughing and decided to sit for a while. I picked up my copy of Welcome to Wishing Bridge and started reading. I couldn't put it down. My husband got up at 6:00 and I was still reading. I loved this story and you will too.

I actually received a free copy of this book with not pressure to write a review, but you better believe I'll buy more books from Ruth Logan Herne!
Diane
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Christmas Story of love, forgiveness and hope

This was a very well written story. I was immediately drawn to the characters and into the story line. Sweet story of Christmas time faith, love and family. I didn't want to put it down. I wanted to keep reading to find out where the story would lead. I'm hoping this author will continue to write about the other characters in Wishing Bridge.
Cindy
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Logan Herne's newest book, Welcome to Wishing Bridge is the first book in her new series and is Christmas and small-town America at it's finest.

With a cast of well developed quirky characters, the reader is drawn into the story from the opening line, "Don't do it." and is held captive in the quaint town of Wishing Bridge, a town where everyone knows everyone...or do they.

The heroine, Kelsey McCleary, had a rough childhood, with only two friends that she considers family. As the story begins
Denise
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was just a beautiful story. I liked that there was no conflict between the friends. When one called and said she needed help the other two came to her assistance. The conflict between the main character was a little hard to believe but other than that I enjoyed the tale! So much so I was sad to see there isn't another book ... yet.
Sherida Stewart
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A comforting small-town story of second chances and trusting friendships....both old and new.

As Christmas approaches with a blinding blizzard, Kelsey McCleary’s arrival in the small town of Wishing Bridge, New York, is dramatic. Stranded in a tiny community with a new baby and limited funds, she is embraced by the warmth of the village and by the support of two dear friends who come to help after receiving her urgent S.O.S. call.

Police officer and rescuer Hale Jackson is a local guy who returned
Cindy
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Wishing Bridge is the book I didn't want to end. I could have gone on reading about Kelsey, Thea and Jazz for weeks and never grown tired of the amazing group of friends. Kelsey's car goes off the road in a snowstorm and as if that's not enough, the baby she carries is coming in an all-fired hurry. The handsome cop hero, Hale, comes to her rescue, but the real rescue happens when the little town of Wishing Bridge takes her in, as well as her friends. Well, at least most of them do. Co ...more
Suzie Waltner
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A winter storm, a pregnant woman with no home, and a small town police officer kick this story off with a bang.

Determined to provide her baby with a better upbringing than the one she had, Kelsey McCleary has a plan. One that a winter storm and the small town her mother mentioned once derail. Stranded in Wishing Bridget with strangers, Kelsey sends an SOS to her two best friends. Two women she hasn’t talked to in years.

Ruth Logan Herne does not steer away from difficult issues in the first book
  • A Christmas Bond (Sacred Bond, #0.5)
  • The Nanny's Christmas Wish (Snowbound in Sawyer Creek, #2)
  • Believe in Me (Love in Store, #2)
  • All Is Calm
  • Christmas Diamond (Jewel #3.5)
  • A Candlelight Courting: A Short Christmas Romance
  • A Twist of Faith (Mitchell's Crossroads #1)
  • 12 Days at Bleakly Manor (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas #1)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • A Life to Live
  • Cold Case (Cold Harbor #4)
  • Sit, Stay, Love: A Novel for Dog Lovers (Love Unleashed #1)
  • Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story
  • Finding Mr. Write (CANDID Romance, #1)
  • You Don't Have to Be a Star (Montana Fire #0.5)
  • London Tides (MacDonald Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Bittersweet Bride (Kansas Brides, #3)
Multi-published, award-winning, bestselling author Ruth Logan Herne is living her dream of being a published author and having the time of her life doing it. Born to a poor family in Rochester, NY, Ruthy draws on her early years and her many years of dealing with today's young families and businesses to create beautiful, heartfelt small-town stories of faith, hope and love... while adopting her fa ...more

Wishing Bridge (2 books)
  • At Home in Wishing Bridge (Wishing Bridge #2)
“There are changes, Thea. In all three of us, I expect. But I think that true person lingers within us. The Soul Sisterhood is still linked by so much of the past. Our hopes. Our dreams." ~Jazz Monroe” 0 likes
“the righteous are concerned for the rights of those down on their luck, the ones that are lonely and forgotten. And the wicked don’t understand such concern. Maybe because they’re too busy worrying about themselves.” 0 likes