Start by marking “Another Beginning (The Next Together, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Another Beginning (The Next Together, #2.5)

Another Beginning

(The Next Together #2.5)

A short story set in the world of Lauren James’ Next Together series.

Featuring the much-loved protagonists Clove and Ella, Another Beginning is a companion story to The Last Beginning, set during the siege of Carlisle in 1745.

“Elenore Walker, ancient literature thief. It makes an odd sort of sense, actually,” Clove said.

Clove is working as a maid in the Finchley household
Published July 29th 2017 by Walker (first published July 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Another Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Beginning

Start your review of Another Beginning (The Next Together, #2.5)
Lauren James
Jul 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
So who would like to see more of Clove and Ella? What about Clove and Ella pulling off a heist? And revealing why Ella was really in Carlisle? THEN I’VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS 4 U BUDDIES.

I’m releasing a free novella next Saturday, which includes not just one but ALL OF THOSE THINGS.

Kate and Matt got their own short story in Another Together, so I had to give Clove and Ella one too!

Here’s the deets:

Another Beginning by Lauren James, publishing Saturday 29 July on Kindle/Nook/iTunes &c
A short story s
Becky
I want mooooore! I always want more. I love Clove and Ella - they make my heart endlessly happy!

This was a good read, a really good read - I need more though! I need more of their adventures, of their determination, of their intelligence... I love everything about their characters. They're brilliant with each other and their adventures are some of my favourite things. I can't get enough of these two cutie pies!!
Aimee
It was nice to get a bit more of Clove and Ella together, but this story is inconsistent with The Last Beginning. (view spoiler) ...more
J. Peters
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a bit of a disappointment. I really enjoyed The Last Beginning, even though it's time travel logic was a bit askew (I mean, getting that right is asking too much of anyone, really. It gets super complicated fast.)

But this was just too short, and lacked substance. It's a short heist that doesn't feel as though it fits into the timeline established by the previous book. I feel like Clove would've detailed this adventure in some way in the previous book, given what they go through to get i
Lisa Reynolds
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Beginning (2017) by Lauren James is a lovely little short read which gives readers a glimpse into the lives of the characters in the author’s The Next Together series.

The short tale tells the story of the main characters Clove and Ella who are in love but have yet to tell each other this information. I have to say my only flaw with this book was that it was too short and I wanted to read more which isn’t really a flaw. As I mentioned above this is a story that gives a taste into a longer
Reuben Thomas
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just like Another Together, you don't need to read this novella to enjoy the series, and equally you don't need to read the full length books to enjoy this story, but definitely the optimum way to enjoy the world of The Next Together is to read everything you can get your hands on. Again, it's a really quick read, and it's free on Kindle, so you've got nothing to lose by picking it up!
This story is set in Clove and Ella's stay in 1745, and centres on them pulling off a heist at Carlisle Castle t
Maia Moore
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original review posted here

I do love Clove and Ella, so it was great to have a short story for the two of them. It just made me want to read The Last Beginning all over again!

The two are adorable together, as ever, and also up to mischief again. They’re definitely my favourite time-travelling queer couple and I think everyone should read The Last Beginning if you haven’t already.

This is a very quick read, just a short story that gives you another snippet of the two together, this time stealing a
Lydia
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ella and Clove are probably the most exciting and adventurous pair of time travellers you'll ever meet. it's always non-stop for them, and Ella always lands herself and Clove in trouble.
even though this is a short story, it made me want to read even more about Clove and Ella (I want to know what they get up to in ancient Egypt!)
Another beginning is a really fun, little escape and you end up wishing you could time travel.
(P.S if this is your first introduction to Clove and Ella, you should defini
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
This was just kind of meh. It wasn't necessary at all and was a bit inconsistent with the events that happened The Next Together. It honestly felt like an extra little snippet between two characters that the author wrote after the series was already done. Either because she wanted to or because the fans wanted it. Which I would've been fine with except I hated Ella so I had no interest in this at all. I don't even know why I bothered with it.
Charlotte Burns
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this short story / novella. I think it will make a lot more sense when I've read other books from the series, but I am already in love with Clove and Ella and really looking forward to catching up on their story.
Mekerei
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
An insight

Another insight into James’ series. If you like the series you will enjoy this.

The first chapter to the Loneliest Girl in the Universe is included. A novel I enjoyed.

Three stars
Ria Price
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it :)

I loved this little snippet of Clove and Ella's time in 1745, it was lovely to read about them again :)
Susan
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, short-story
This was an interesting and entertaining fictional short story that intrigued me while I was patiently waiting for an appointment.
Em
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another awesome short story :) Love Clove and Ella so much!
David
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clove and Ella are adorable as always 🙂
Kizzy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Nog een mooi verhaal over Clove en Ella. Misschien een start voor een vervolg...
Elliott
Melanie
Aug 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Restless Girls
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • Grace
  • What Would Cleopatra Do?: Life Lessons from 50 of History's Most Extraordinary Women
  • Doctor Who: Classic TV Adventures Collection One
  • Make Yourself at Home: Discover Your Style and Transform Your Space for Inspired Living
  • Lightspeed: Year One
  • Dr. Montessori's Own Handbook
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • My Brother's Name is Jessica
  • White Feathers
  • Doctor Who: Survival
  • Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book
  • The O'Brien Book of Irish Fairy Tales and Legends
  • Congratulations, By the Way: Some Thoughts on Kindness
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
  • I'm Afraid of Men
  • A Moment in Verse
**I don't respond to messages on here - send an ask on Tumblr instead***
Lauren James is the twice Carnegie-nominated British author of many Young Adult novels, including The Loneliest Girl in the Universe and The Quiet at the End of the World. She is also a Creative Writing lecturer, freelance editor and screenwriter. Her books have sold over a hundred thousand copies worldwide, been translated in

The Next Together (2 books)
  • The Next Together (The Next Together, #1)
  • The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2)