Start by marking “Balance Check (Getting a Grip Duet #2, #MyNewLife #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Balance Check (Getting a Grip Duet #2, #MyNewLife #1.5)

Balance Check

(#MyNewLife #1.5)

Life has a funny way of throwing you off balance.

Take me for example. I spent years in a bad marriage with a self-serving ass, only to have the love of my life show up when I least expected him. Greg helped me on my journey of self discovery and taught me that, no, I’m not perfect. But I’m perfectly me. It was an amazing journey.

We laughed hard. We loved even harder.

And t
Published August 16th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Balance Check, please sign up.
M.E. Carter Yep! It wasn't up for pre-order, but it's on all venues in ebook form now!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3.5 'Nice' Stars

photo ohnice_zps4wrsl0q0.gif

After the way the first book finished I just had to read this one to find out how Elena and Gregs story ended.

This one starts 9 months after the first one ends. How is Elena managing life after what happened? What about Greg?

I can't go into detail without giving away plot twists from the first book, I can say I got the answers and conclusion I wanted. This was a quick read unlike the first but for me lacked the page turning quality of the first.

photo mumatpark_zpsqzsk3zk1.gif

I did really enjoy the characters
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
‘A balance check is a way of taking a pause in the middle of your routine so you can readjust so you don’t fall.’

So, at the end of Getting A Grip I was left feeling a bit sad and confused. I loved everything about the story but just needed a bit more. Needless to say I was thrilled to know that the author felt the same way and gave us Balance Check to finish off Greg & Elena’s story. This is about half of the length of the first book so more like an novella to read but it gave me everythin
1-Click Addict Support Group

Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
**** 4,5 stars ****
Paige
4 "Second Love" Stars

This follow up and conclusion to the #MyNewLife duet was a light hearted look at what it takes to make a second chance at love really work. It takes a honest look at life after divorce when the kids come first and how that affects what this new love looks and feels like. As Greg and Elena traverse the wild terrain that is raising kids with an ex and still trying to find your true other half, they got their second chance.

I really enjoyed the continuation of their story. I wo
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love me some ME Carter. Her books just flow, you start reading at lunch and the next thing you know its bedtime and the book is finished. Her characters are real, you feel like they are you or at least someone you know.

Elena and Greg stayed in touch after his move to TX but it got to hard and so they cut it off. Now Greg is back and Elena has mixed feelings. Sure they still love each other but what if he leaves again. While her body issues are mostly gone her fears and insecurities of never bei
Farah
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The journey of loving yourself[for Elena] and standing up for your rights[for Greg]was neatly wrapped in this book. Here are some great parenting tips supplied by the characters of this awesome book.

- if you fall down, just rub some dirt on it and you'll be as good as new.

- always have Popsicles ready in the freezer in case of emotional breakdown emergency.

- allow the kids to spray off each other using the water hose in case they get dirty after devouring the Popsicles.

- always use Ziploc bag
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Balance Check is an easy to read story that highlights the heart and humor (and maybe a bit of a moral) that can be found in the everyday.

I smile at her, knowing this is more than just gymnastics tips. This is a life lesson she’s going to need someday. “If something’s wrong, you fix it before you keep going. If you don’t, your routine is either going to be really messy, or eventually you’ll fall.” Just like in life."

Full Review:

ItaPixie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

Balance Check was a nice quick read.

It was an enjoyable experience and I was really happy to meet again these bunch of characters so soon.
My heart broke for Elena and Greg at the end of the first book but this second installment healed all my wounds,giving me a really enterteining epilogue.

I really hope to read more about this series because there are still some interesting characters to be told.

Copy kindly provided by the Publisher/author.

KelMelTell BookBlog
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Elena and Greg's story continues!
This book is a MUST read after book #1, Getting A Grip!

Balance Check pics up where the first book left off. I can't tell you how happy I was that M.E. Carter released this book. After I finished reading book #1, I was so distraught with how it ended.

Elena and Greg's stories are real, relatable and relevant! I connected with this book on so many levels.

Elena is a strong person, mother and friend. I love that she has this ability to stay strong when life th
Nadia
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The continuation of Elena and Greg's story is finally here. I've been waiting to find out what happens next in their love story because that ending in Getting A Grip left me wanting more. I had so many questions and thankfully they were all answered in Balance Check .

Let's start from the beginning. I love the fact that Elena did not fall apart or pine away for Greg, she has three little girls she has to take care of. So, she did what any single mother would do, get a job. I love the empowerment
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

At the end of Getting a Grip by M.E. Carter I was crushed. Greg’s decision to leave hurt, but because of the man and father he is, his decision is totally understandable. Elena is heartbroken, but in Balance Check she is ready to forward and see what life sends her way. What she did not expect is to have Greg reenter her life and want to be a part of it.

Elena’s life has changed in the nine months Greg has been gone. She is now working, growing confident and ready to move forward. Thoug
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Then he turns and swaggers out the door. Literally swaggers. Puts his hands in his pockets to make sure the seat of his pants pulls tight as I watch him walk away. Damn that kid. He just used his best asset to make sure I didn’t say no. He’s good. He’s real good.

Have you ever seen a forty-one-year old woman hit the deck? It’s worse than if I tried to drop it like it’s hot. And the last time I did that, my pants ripped straight down the middle... It sounded like an explosion in th
Renee Entress
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story has laughs, fun, secrets, pain, and heartbreak. It deals with life issues that people deal with every day.

Before reading this story please read the below books first
Getting a Grip (#MyNewLife, #1)

This is more of Elena and Greg's story. After Greg left her in the last book Elena is trying to move on with her life. This book picks up roughly nine months after the last book. Just when she is starting to take the steps to move on and get over him
❤️Melanie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great end to a fun romantic comedy.
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-stars
Ahhh! So good. And M.E. is forgiven. ;-)

Full review to come soon.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Great series! I loved the first book and I was excited to see what will happen.I find it realistic , sweet and refreshing :) I'm planning to read more books from this author!
Liz
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! What a great ending! Full review to come.
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
A few things while I think more about how to review this first.

1. READ GETTING A GRIP FIRST. It is ABSOLUTELY required.
2. OMG TRIPPPPPPPPP.
3. GREGGGGGGGGGGG! *all the heart eye emojis that Goodreads won't let me use*
4. OMG HE DID WHAT? He should tell her like yesterday.
5. He didn't tell her. He's in so much TROUBLE!
6. Oh, Deborah.
7. Life is all about the balance check. I'm glad Elena realized this.
8. STUPID DEADBEAT PARENTS!!! *SHAKES FIST FURIOUSLY AT HUMANITY*
9. READ THIS EVER LOVING BO
Logan Hr
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny, witty and real are many of the words I can use to describe this laugh out loud book! Greg and Elena are amazing! I can't wait to hear more about the other characters in the series!
☆Jamie☆
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars! Balance Check is the conclusion to Greg and Elena’s love story. It’s very short, but wraps up any unanswered questions and is written in a two-person POV.

Summary:
Nine months ago, Greg Brady sacrificed his own happiness to do right by his daughter. But every day since he watched Elena Monroe in his rearview mirror has been spent praying for circumstances to change. His prayers were answered and everything miraculously fell into place, but can he win back the love of his life when ther
Elisa Wang
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really really liked how the second part of Greg and Elena's story was developed.
This second book takes off when Greg returns to live in the same city as Elena after an absence of 9 months.

I think that Elena was the one who changed the most during this time: she grew stronger, she's now sure of herself and doesn't let anyone put her underneath them. I really admired this new version of Elena, and I think that yes, Greg going away made her suffer, but gave her also the occasion to become the wom
Mel Knight
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Elena and Greg's story continues!
This book is a MUST read after book #1, Getting A Grip!

Kim
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sue
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When we last left Elena in Getting a Grip, the love of her life had just left her in order to maintain a relationship with his young daughter in another state. Months later finds Elena maybe still missing Greg but also finding her groove, getting a job, getting the attention of a handsome younger man, finding routine and being generally happy.

Little does she know that her world may be thrown upside down again...or maybe it will be finally righted. Only time will tell. The same wonderful snark,
Michelle
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad this book picks up right where it left off from the last book. I hate books that end in a cliffhanger. And if I had to wait for this book.... I would have been going out of my mind!

The insecurities and body issues wasn't as bad in this book as it was in the last book. The last book was all about body issues and low self esteem. This book was more about moving on and growing. Elena really embraced herself in this book. She had moved on and started to really take care of herself. I thi
We like it big book blog
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Stephanie
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Life goes on…. The end of Getting a Grip left us in limbo…. What would happen? Would Greg and Elena continue their relationship long distance? Will Callie find success as a RowRow consultant?
These are important issues not to mention kids, schedules, ex-spouses, and play dates.

Book #2 in the My New Life series picks up with Elena and Greg moving on. Both finding it too difficult to keep things going with their hectic schedules and craziness that is life. The distance has taken its toll. Heartbro
Heather Jasinski
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Balance Check is the second book in #mynewlife series. I'm happy to say that this book is done because in book 1 I felt that it ended with a cliffy. Plus I wanted to know what was going to happen! We continue on with the lives of Elena and Greg. It's been 9 months since Greg moved away and Elena is still a mess. She has to get it together and get a job first so she is receptionist at elementary school. She still takes her kid to the gym and she gets shocked by Greg being there. She is full of em ...more
Konny
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Balance Check by M.E. Carter is the next great installment in the #MyNewLife Series.
Elena and Gregs story continues.
Greg was forced to leave his life and love behind and move away.
Elena is heartbroken but understands his reasons. There is no other way it seems. Slowly she puts herself back together. Shes stronger and with more self-esteem than ever.
But suddenly hes back and wants her in his life again. But thats not as easy as it seems.
I mean, come on, she was Let Behind !! hence the reasons, sh

• The Fabulist
  • Here for the Seer (Supernatural Dating Agency Book 4)
  • Soeurs (Commandant Martin Servaz, #5)
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
  • The Mercury Travel Club
  • Third Time's a Charm (Crimson Cove, #3)
  • Just One Kiss (Oh Tequila, #4)
  • Ottercombe Bay: Part Two - Gin and Trouble
  • The Holiday Cruise
  • Against the Tide
  • Save Me (O'Brien Family, #5)
  • Once Upon a Ghost (Murder by Design #3)
  • Hearts on Ice
  • Things You've Inherited from Your Mother
  • Lennon's Rain (Lennon's Girls #2)
  • One Hundred Promises (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 4)
  • Nannyland
  • Territoires (Victor Coste, #2)

#MyNewLife (4 books)
  • Getting a Grip (Getting a Grip Duet #1, #MyNewLife, #1)
  • Pride & Joie (#MyNewLife #2)
  • Amazing Grayson (#MyNewLife #3)