Start by marking “Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind: 100 Simple Sattvic Recipes” as Want to Read:
Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind: 100 Simple Sattvic Recipes

Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind: 100 Simple Sattvic Recipes

Published March 27th 2018 by Shambhala

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind

Start your review of Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind: 100 Simple Sattvic Recipes
Cambrie
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Skinny:
I am basing this review on an Advanced Digital Readers Copy given to me through Edelweiss+.
So, upon first glance at this cookbook I thought it was going to be all about some new diet fad. While this is somewhat true, the author gives you eye-opening descriptions that you can understand. I can honestly say that I actually learned something from this cookbook. Much of what she was saying about the food groups (Sattvic, Rajasic, and Tamasic) actually makes sense to my non-enlightened
roxi Net
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a great book for those who want a detailed explanation of Ayurveda cooking; I'm very familiar with it and had hoped the book to be a bit more recipe-focused, however this is a great resource for those interested in beginning an Ayurvedic lifestyle.
Kelley S
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've been excited about cooking. Finally, I'm ready to get back in the kitchen and try out inspiring and delicious looking recipes.
AWomanReading
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind is a nice read for anyone looking for an introduction to Ayurveda, or a new, all natural tool in the search for a stress-less life. It will undoubtedly cause you to want to learn more. In which case, the book has done its job. O’Donnell has written an easy to understand guide to Ayurveda… complete with recipes you’ll seriously consider trying.

For a book that I didn’t think I’d love, it’s been quite influential. Once you read it, you can’t unlearn
Ashley
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, non-fiction
I know this book will not be for everyone, but I loved it. I've tried a few of the recipes and they are delicious, and most are versatile enough to tweak to your own liking while remaining true to the spirit of the dish. If you're looking for something different, and especially working on finding foods that feel good in your system, I highly recommend this book.
Darwin Davis
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great cookbook!
Jen
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I purchased a copy of this cookbook - after having checked it out from my local library branch. So far all the recipes I've made from it are filling and satisfying. I've been eating the "chia pudding" for at least one meal every day. If I have chia pudding for breakfast I am not hungry again until around 2pm which is amazing to me. Typically oatmeal or grains for breakfast have never worked well for me.
I think it is the coconut milk in the "chia pudding" that helps it be such a good choice for
Steph Myers
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, cooking
Good recipes and information on doshas. I made and used both the sattvic and sweet spice mixes and they are great for so many things. The sweet spice mix alone was worth it. It goes in my oatmeal, apple pies, etc. The other is a nice, warm all around mix for dahl, roasted veg, popcorn, etc. Now that we are dropping in to fall and winter, there are a lot of yummy recipes in here to keep warmed up.
Ciara
Oct 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Good coffee table book, no good recipes
Cherie
Nice recipes, beautiful ayurvedic cookbook.
Portland Therapist
Oct 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ayurveda Cooking for Beginners: An Ayurvedic Cookbook to Balance and Heal
  • The Yoga Sutras
  • Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom: A Complete Prescription to Optimize Your Health, Prevent Disease, and Live with Vitality and Joy
  • Oh She Glows Every Day: Simply Satisfying Plant-Based Recipes to Keep You Glowing from the Inside Out
  • Eat Feel Fresh: A Contemporary, Plant-Based Ayurvedic Cookbook
  • The Kripalu Kitchen: Nourishing Food for Body and Soul: A Cookbook
  • Ayurveda Made Easy: 50 Exercises for Finding Health, Mindfulness, and Balance
  • Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?
  • The Pocket Wife
  • Babyville
  • Swapping Lives
  • The Lost Stone (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #1)
  • Why I Wake Early
  • The First Mess Cookbook: Vibrant Plant-Based Recipes to Eat Well Through the Seasons
  • Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science
  • Yoga Girl
  • Eat Mangoes Naked: Finding Pleasure Everywhere (and dancing with the Pits)
  • feast of flowers